Corona Vaping

ginolicious

Is that even a thing? To get a feeling in your chest like this from vaping? I don’t think I ever had it happen before. But I was also ripping on the firefly all night and was doing 15-20 second draws haha. I may have over done it. But anxiety now in full effect. Doesn’t hurt to take full breaths in though when I breath that’s why I’m confused.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Your body has to express the volatile matter you fed it @ginolicious . The way the lungs do this is with cilia. Little hairs that move the remnant vape matter to the throat for ingestion. These things are attached to nerves that will let you know when they have to work harder than normal. Think of it like a cramp in your cilia :rolleyes:

I have a very different experience depending on how sticky a bud is, for instance. My cilia are trained for a 1/2 gram/day. When I do a gram in a day, I will notice some heaviness, which is how I describe the feeling. I can breath deep no problem. Basically it is like having hit your thumb with a hammer, yesterday.

ginolicious

I think convection fucks me harder. Like I was blowing massive clouds all night as I was gaming and boozing till 12:30. Never happened before. All day I felt fine up until an hour or two ago. But I have been battling dry and itchy eyes. Allergies. Tickled in throats before firefly and for weeks haha. Nose has been made dry too. If anything I gave my chest a work out from those long pulls. Not to mention the high heat. :doh:

I never vape this much. Kill a full battery in under a few hours. It was brand new toy. 420. Was super excited. Just couldn’t stop. Was some home grown CBD bud. Guess I’m going to take a break for a few days. And lower my temps next time.

but yeah @TommyDee I too can breath deep with no issues. So that’s why I’m thinking it’s soreness and not really describing it probably cause I can’t describe it. Haha.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I don't know that I've had any affects from dry hot hits. Heat mostly affects the direct region it hits in the mouth. The tongue heals quickly, but the mouth walls are a delicate member that should be considered carefully. Prolonged exposure of the throat to processes that impart heat to the throat is linked to some nasty medical shit anecdotally. Tea is the culprit in this study of all things. But convection vapes do put out more vape generally if they're tuned right. FF is tuned right.

...And I heard, not verified, that alcohol makes cilia go to sleep. This means they wake up under a blanket of vape honey :brow:

Last edited:

uncanni

I over did it last night on 420.

I did the very same same thing

Well, it sure seemed like a good idea at the time!!! Sometimes, ya just gotta keep going...

Don't worry, ginolicious--unless you went to one of those crazy "give me liberty and covid 19" protests, you don't have covid from overdoing the FF2+.

ginolicious

I’m Canadian. And I stay at home. So I do nothing. I wash my groceries and everything too haha. I’m anal and crazy. Just shocked on how I managed to over do it so bad last night. The vapor was getting warm in the mouth for sure and I just kept drinking and pulling harder. The more I talk about. The more stupid I sound that I over did it. Guess it’s helping my anxiety lol. Sadly I never vape that much. I ripped 40 hits out of my FF2+. Basement was all vapey. I do real small sessions daily. Like 5-10 hits and not at 20 second draws.

In reply to the Greater Risk article:

Quote from the article: “Inhaling combusted or vaped cannabis products can damage lung cells, may increase viral replication, and does affect the ability to fight off infection".

Quote from the abstract of the journal article referenced in the above quote: "Diffusing capacity in marijuana smokers has been normal, and two studies of thoracic high-resolution CT scan have not shown any association of marijuana smoking with emphysema. Although bronchial biopsies from habitual marijuana smokers have shown precancerous histopathologic changes, a large cohort study and a pooled analysis of six well-designed case-control studies have not found evidence of a link between marijuana smoking and lung cancer. The immunosuppressive effects of delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol raise the possibility of an increased risk of pneumonia, but further studies are needed to evaluate this potential risk."

In other words, there is no solid evidence that smoking or vaping marijuana compromises the lungs in the way that tobacco/nicotine does or in the way described in the article. If such evidence exists, please point to it.

but at the same time I imagine there’s no solid evidence that smoking or vaping cannabis does not compromise lungs ?

obviously I’d love it to not be the case but who the hell knows ‍♂️ Let’s be real it’s probably better to just breath air

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
but at the same time I imagine there’s no solid evidence that smoking or vaping cannabis does not compromise lungs ?

You can't "prove" a negative claim. You can only fail to find evidence for a positive claim.

More specifically, the null hypotheses would be that cannabis has no negative effect on the lungs. Then, you can either find evidence to justify rejecting the null hypothesis, or you fail to reject the null hypothesis. You can not "prove" the null hypothesis.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I still find vaping working as an expectorant more so than without vaping. This is somewhat strain dependent. But in this sense, and knowing incubation of C19 is in the throat, I consider vaping a medicine to excite sputum generation. Swallowing C19 cultures will render them harmless as far as we know. I want my fluids to flow to not let a particular culture get a foot-hold.

May well be an excuse but I'm still sticking to it. And I am a quack - you've been warned.

happynomoretobacco

I still find vaping working as an expectorant more so than without vaping. This is somewhat strain dependent. But in this sense, and knowing incubation of C19 is in the throat, I consider vaping a medicine to excite sputum generation. Swallowing C19 cultures will render them harmless as far as we know. I want my fluids to flow to not let a particular culture get a foot-hold.

May well be an excuse but I'm still sticking to it. And I am a quack - you've been warned.
also there is the antiinflamatory side of the canabinoids!!

happynomoretobacco,
Reactions: C No Ego

ginolicious

I am curious as to what is going to happen with globalization once this is done. A lot of people pissed off at China. After SARS in 2003 we got back to a normal. I don’t see one after this. I see a lot of countries pulling out from China. If that happens I see the vape industry being affected.

Nigeria is starting to burn China owned business.

CNN just reported 2 people died from covid before the first death was reported. Showing it’s been here weeks before actually being detected.

Wuhan level 4 lab known for testing on corona virus denies any claim it as leaked and says trust is. Not saying they leaked on purpose but come on. We suppose to trust you after all the other lies? I don’t think countries are happy.

how bout the Canadian planes to go get ppe and we’re told to leave and came back to Canada empty due to the airport being too full and they had to leave to free up runaway space and could not wait for the plane to be loaded.

I see a very weird future where people are possibly moving away from China.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I am curious as to what is going to happen with globalization once this is done.

Globalization or just plain old leaving the house ..... I think we're gradually moving from "Can't" to "Won't".

We have a destination wedding coming up in two months for a family we care deeply for. It requires flying. Before the virus my grandchildren were asked to be in the wedding as flower girl and ring bearer. We all felt honored and loved the idea. I was surprised to see I can book the flights right now if i wanted. The mother of the bride also must fly in and has all the check-marks for someone that would not fare well if she gets the virus.

I've asked everyone in my family if we should book the flights and the response is "We should wait to see how things look in a month or so". When I asked "If everything is the same as it is right now would you go?" The general response was that they really don't feel good about it, especially with the grandchildren.

So we could go but unless there's a huge change (Inoculation?) we probably won't. If we decide we're too scared to go I hope we don't lose the relationship with the bride's family.

happynomoretobacco

I am curious as to what is going to happen with globalization once this is done. A lot of people pissed off at China. After SARS in 2003 we got back to a normal. I don’t see one after this. I see a lot of countries pulling out from China. If that happens I see the vape industry being affected.

Nigeria is starting to burn China owned business.

CNN just reported 2 people died from covid before the first death was reported. Showing it’s been here weeks before actually being detected.

Wuhan level 4 lab known for testing on corona virus denies any claim it as leaked and says trust is. Not saying they leaked on purpose but come on. We suppose to trust you after all the other lies? I don’t think countries are happy.

how bout the Canadian planes to go get ppe and we’re told to leave and came back to Canada empty due to the airport being too full and they had to leave to free up runaway space and could not wait for the plane to be loaded.

i dont think china will be the looser of this game....they and other 3rd world countrys with very young populations will be much stronger than our 1st world....not happy aout that but i think the colonisation will go the other way this time....we will be the slaves....

happynomoretobacco,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I honestly don't think the virus will let us return to normal. I highly suspect this is the genesis of 'bigger' things in world affairs.

Top Bottom