1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Corona Vaping

Discussion in 'Medical Discussion' started by MegaMan2k, Feb 15, 2020.

1. MegaMan2k

MegaMan2k Well-Known Member

They said it was harsher on elderly people,
    So do you think corona virus is also going to be more deadly towards cannabis users who vape the herb aka inhalation? read something about pneumonia / fluid in the lungs being a problem which made me think about vaping habits :-)

2. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

No one knows yet. The only suspected "problem", other than just catching it, seems to be Chinese males. They are having the hardest time with it. As to why, again, no one knows. Some have opined it is because they tend to smoke more. Others point to some genetic markers the virus seems to link up with. (As to how true that is depends on if you read the more conspiratorial sites out there.)

The virus seems to be transmittable BEFORE symptoms show and a person will show about 9-10 days after exposure. (Why the 14 day quarantine works.) It is currently being distinguished by the LACK of muscle aches. A cold is runny nose, sore throat and cough. The flu is all those WITH body aches and fever. My-my-my-my-Corona does not seem to present with body aches.

It tends to resolve in (roughly around, still a thing being worked on) 75% of the cases just like a cold. The bad reaction is a viral pneumonia in the lower respiratory system. There has been some success with different antiviral medications but some of the weirdness of how the virus presents makes some think a vaccine is a ways away.

Madri-Gal likes this.
  3. EverythingsHazy

EverythingsHazy Well-Known Member

What exactly is the connection you are pondering, here?

Why would the Corona virus be more dangerous for Cannabis users?

MegaMan2k and Madri-Gal like this.
  4. MegaMan2k

I was thinking about fluids in the lung of some sorts :-)

Madri-Gal likes this.
  5. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

You read many things, I'm sure some are true. But, without support, they should be taken with a huge grain of salt. One such grain-of-salt thing I've started to read is the AGE of the victims. Few, if any, are 15 or under. The median age is between 56-59.

MegaMan2k and Madri-Gal like this.
  6. Madri-Gal

Madri-Gal Child Of The Revolution

Fluid in the lungs is never a good idea, but vaping isn't drowning. Vaping doesn't put fluid in the lungs. It would cause pneumonia if it did. Not washing your hands frequently would be a bigger risk factor, and you also have to be exposed to the virus.

MegaMan2k and OldNewbie like this.
  7. MegaMan2k

I may have over estimated this virus hah :-D

Madri-Gal likes this.
  8. justcametomind

justcametomind IT'S TIME!

Cannabis works as a potent expectorant when vaporized so it may be beneficial to keep lungs clean. That’s why people cough immediately after having a puff of it.

Madri-Gal and MegaMan2k like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors