Corona Vaping

C No Ego

epigenetics of cannabis
I came across something that may be of interest. It also discusses the random pneumonia from e vapes in the summer. Reading this article has me thinking that all the events that happened is a little too much to be a coincidence. And that there are 5 different strains of the Coronavirus. And only certain strains in different parts of the world except for one part, not China. Furthermore the first person to get it in China. Never been to the wet market. So it’s quite Plausible the virus was brought in and infected everyone. Not that it originated from there.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/covid-19-further-evidence-virus-originated-us/5706078

it is a patented Virus creatded in a lab, not some person eating Bats = LOL... bio-chemicAL warfare

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
There are facts. But some people claim there are "alternative facts." This is a verbal-ideological "sleight of hand" that people who aren't seeking the scientific facts, or just plain ignorant people, will readily accept. So they're like, "Hmmmmm...: which set of facts do I want to accept as true?"

I haven't heard the term „alternative facts“ for quite a while now, I think it was invented by the press secretary of Donald Trump right at the beginning of the current administration. But I know this kind of twist. Sad.

I think Tommys comment referred to ginolicious' question about whom to trust, and in that case I think stating that there is no truth at all anyways since we live in a world void of facts is just not quite ideal.

That's why I wanted to make clear that there *are* facts.

@C No Ego – You might want to research that patent thingy a bit more and esp. take a closer look to what the patent rumored around the net for a while now is actually referring too.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I find Snopes.com to be a great rumor de-bunker/fact checker.

Yes, Virginia, there are still facts, they're just getting harder to see, and for some they have no value and so get pushed aside in favor of agenda or religion. The religions of god, of money, of country, of race; of all those things John Lennon declared he didn't believe in. (see God).
He also said, "Just give me some truth, all I want is some truth," and,
"Instant karma's gonna get you!"

Thank you @Siebter, for your recents.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Fox, CNN, daily Corona press briefings, newspaper articles (electronic and otherwise).

I find myself groaning at each of the above at one time or another. The groan often comes from the same topic with the data presented differently by each of the above.

I'm calling it "data" because in my profession data doesn't always become "information" or qualify as information....... just like the above does.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
@Madri-Gal ... two things....If I'm being intrusive don't hesitate to tell me to fuck off.....you won't be the first or the last......

First....how are you feeling? Hope you're over this and feeling better.

Second....Your screen name, Madri-Gal. So clever.....can't help but wonder about the word play. Is there a meaning/story behind it?

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Anyone watch London Real's interview with David Icke?

Oh, hell no. I don't have any interest in anything from David Icke :tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:
Fuck that idiot :bang:

0*XTmuV9NC0oZMmK_0.gif

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Massachusetts Cannabis Stores Sue Baker Over Coronavirus Shutdown
Five of the state's 43 recreational cannabis dealers filed the lawsuit seeking an injunction of the order that forced them to close.

https://patch.com/massachusetts/salem/massachusetts-cannabis-stores-sue-baker-over-coronavirus-
shutdown

No, they weren't suing a bakery:). The Bay State's governor Charlie BAKER(R) let liquor stores and adult "medicinal" stores stay open as necessities, but closed all the wonderful adult use stores. Is recreational liquor now a prescribed "medicine" but recreational cannabis isn't? What an f-ing anti-cannabis hypocritical jerk.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Well, I can visit my doctor now via "tele-medicine" and get treatment, prescriptions, etc. and be covered by my insurance for those things, and I can order liquor from the store down the block (delivered in less than an HOUR! while Fresh Direct is 5 days...not that I'm complaining, just pointing this out). Shit, I got a single can of compressed air delivered next day/free shipping! from Staples. I know about frivolous deliveries, etc.; again, I'm pointing to utter irony here.
Why not set up secure, online shopping for cannabis where sales and use are legal? Or open the stores for pickup -or delivery!- only,
I understand there may be legal obstacles, maybe even federal obstacles to an online system, but again, these are not normal times --we need action! There's got to be a way to do this and still be safe.

I hope MA sees the light, lawsuits are not really what we need right now.

Last edited:

C No Ego

Well, I can visit my doctor now via "tele-medicine" and get treatment, prescriptions, etc. and be covered by my insurance for those things, and I can order liquor from the store down the block (delivered in less than an HOUR! while Fresh Direct is 5 days...not that I'm complaining, just pointing this out). Shit, I got a single can of compressed air delivered next day/free shipping! from Staples. I know about frivolous deliveries, etc.; again, I'm pointing to utter irony here.
Why not set up secure, online shopping for cannabis where sales and use are legal? Or open the stores for pickup -or delivery!- only,
I understand there may be legal obstacles, maybe even federal obstacles to an online system, but again, these are not normal times --we need action! There's got to be a way to do this and still be safe.

I hope MA sees the light, lawsuits are not really what we need right now.
no use in making a sale if DEA comes in and closes the account ... a lot of wasted effort

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Change usually requires a degree of 'wasted effort', no? with helping of futility along the way.
I use a debit card at Canna store all the time, no one has closed my account or the stores'. They don't accept credit cards due to interaction with federal banking regs./federally controlled substance.

@C No Ego, can you pls clarify "...DEA comes in and closes the account..."

Why not a big van like the ice cream truck coming thru neighborhood? -- with advanced physical distancing measures, of course. Or a simple no-contact type delivery system.
I guess we'll see what this lawsuit brings. Maybe a compromise measure.

C No Ego

Change usually requires a degree of 'wasted effort', no? with helping of futility along the way.
I use a debit card at Canna store all the time, no one has closed my account or the stores'. They don't accept credit cards due to interaction with federal banking regs./federally controlled substance.

@C No Ego, can you pls clarify "...DEA comes in and closes the account..."

Why not a big van like the ice cream truck coming thru neighborhood? -- with advanced physical distancing measures, of course. Or a simple no-contact type delivery system.
I guess we'll see what this lawsuit brings. Maybe a compromise measure.

to quote your OG posting " secure, online shopping for cannabis " there is no such thing until DEA lets up and the Gov lets up too ... Edit - even if you happen to make a transaction like that the Shit could be confiscated at any USPS site ETC....

vapviking

Old & In the Way
to quote your OG posting " secure, online shopping for cannabis " there is no such thing until DEA lets up and the Gov lets up too ... Edit - even if you happen to make a transaction like that the Shit could be confiscated at any USPS site ETC....
Yes, I was speculating about practices that may not exist at the moment, just tossing out some thoughts.
But even I wasn't thinking USPS as the delivery system! Maybe something run by the stores themselves, like my liquor store, grocery and pharmacy do.

It's done (or used to be?) in Manhattan all the time, on bicycles. Just not legally;
"We'd Deliver" (that's a pun, btw)

Sorry to tie up the thread with some redundancy.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Two articles about smoking and vaping and CV from yesterday's NYTimes. Personally, I ain't ready to give inhaling delicious cannabis up yet, but wanted to share these for vaguely educational purposes:ko:.

Smokers and Vapers May Be at Greater Risk for Covid-19

Tobacco and marijuana products damage lungs, where the virus does its harm. Health officials are urging people to quit, and temporary sales bans are even being discussed.

NYTimes: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/09/...tion=click&module=RelatedLinks&pgtype=Article

How to Quit Smoking and Vaping During the Coronavirus Pandemic
People who smoke and vape may be at greater risk for Covid-19, but quitting is hard, especially now. The good news: There are a lot of helpful resources.

NYTimes: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/09/...tion=click&module=RelatedLinks&pgtype=Article

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
In reply to the Greater Risk article:

Quote from the article: “Inhaling combusted or vaped cannabis products can damage lung cells, may increase viral replication, and does affect the ability to fight off infection".

Quote from the abstract of the journal article referenced in the above quote: "Diffusing capacity in marijuana smokers has been normal, and two studies of thoracic high-resolution CT scan have not shown any association of marijuana smoking with emphysema. Although bronchial biopsies from habitual marijuana smokers have shown precancerous histopathologic changes, a large cohort study and a pooled analysis of six well-designed case-control studies have not found evidence of a link between marijuana smoking and lung cancer. The immunosuppressive effects of delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol raise the possibility of an increased risk of pneumonia, but further studies are needed to evaluate this potential risk."

In other words, there is no solid evidence that smoking or vaping marijuana compromises the lungs in the way that tobacco/nicotine does or in the way described in the article. If such evidence exists, please point to it.

It's interesting how all the fear-mongering going on in the press, from CNN to the NYTimes, fails to reference a famous longitudinal study by UCLA pulmonologist Dr. Donald Tashkin. Increased bronchitis symptoms probably would make the cannabis smoker more suscteptible to worse COVID19 symptoms, but there is no evidence that smoking cannabis leads to an increased risk of cancer. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/large-study-finds-no-link/

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
In other words, there is no solid evidence that smoking or vaping marijuana compromises the lungs in the way that tobacco/nicotine does or in the way described in the article. If such evidence exists, please point to it.

The interesting thing is that the numbers from China even show a tendency of a smaller percentage of COVID-19 patients being (tobacco) smokers than within the general population, which is a parameter that can easily be inspected with the Chinese population as a high percentage of Chinese males do smoke (almost 50%). One would assume that a majority of male Chinese patients would be smokers, but apparently that is not the case.

https://www.qeios.com/read/article/561

To claim vaping (dry herb, concentrates, e cigs or whatever) would increase the risk of an infection at this point is just wrong as there is no data referring to this question available yet. It was just a question of time when the anti-vaping, -smoking & -cannabis lobby would use these kind of arguments to support their idea of a world free of substances.

Last edited:

uncanni

The media are desperate for attention-grabbing headlines: I just shook my head when I saw the advice to quit vaping cannabis. And took another hit from my Solo II.

Of course, a lot of those writers are fairly ignorant about the differences between any kind of e-juice and vaping herb.

ginolicious

Jesus. I over did it last night on 420. Now I’m losing my mind at work over the corona virus. Got a new firefly 2+. I ran 4-5 bowls through it and killed the battery last night. Was using the default setting for so long and then had to turn it down to level 4 which may have been a tad too
High still. Was getting the dry scratchy throat. Anyways. This morning. Wake up. All mucusy. At work. Was fine with the mucus dripping. Then all of a sudden my chest felt funny. Kinda dry or achy. I really think the firefly did me in last night too warm. Or I somehow caught the corona.

Top Bottom