Corona Vaping

uncanni

GROW YOUR OWN!!! Once you try homegrown, you'll be hooked. Of course, I live in an illegal state where the weed you can buy on the street is mostly shit.

A great national anxiety is building

Indeed it is!!! It's surreal how badly things have been mismanaged in the US. And the denial and fuck ups confirm my pet theory that most people go through life like zombies, alive on some level, yet utterly unthinking. Why? Because it's hard work to think, to stay grounded in a reality which is extremely harsh right now. Most people are glued to their tvs, their drugs and alcohol, their junk food, and all they want is for some authority figure to tell them what to do.

I'd say that this country has gone to shit, but it's always been in the shitter since the get go. Yes, there's been affluence and there used to be a strong white middle class, but even that's gone now. It's looking more and more like the Dark Ages with Pope Trump sitting on his gold toilet, counting his doubloons...

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Holy Crap! I just meant the weed, let's not write off all humanity here...

And if it were physically possible in any manner in my living circumstances, I'd have been growing for the past forty or fifty years. As it is, I've been very fortunate to have been fat with some excellent organic homegrown in 5 varieties since last fall, but it's not enough now to go the distance!

I did get hands into dirt outside today, wife and I got our small garden turned and put in some lettuce and pea seeds.
It took me days to adjust my attitude and actually get out and do it, but it felt great!

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
In preparation for semi-squestration and the stupidity of adult use shops being closed even as liquor stores remain open, I've got the best stash of my 50 plus years of doping in terms of variety. But now I'm realizing that instead of a month or six weeks, it may be longer before the adult shops down in Mass are open again. While I have great variety of excellent stuff, I don't have huge amounts. I've been having sort of a blast! experimenting with all sorts of concentrates and new-to-me ways of vaporizing the sweet waxes, shatter, and rosins. But now I read that it could be two or three months before everything opens up again. Yah, Maine is only a few miles away, but without a medical card, and there's no chance of getting one now, I can't patronize the big dispensaries. Yah, the nearest Maine small medical guy will sell me some of his homegrown so-so flower. But now I'm spoiled. Maybe its time to revert to the micro-dosing that I was starting to do before all the crap hit the fan a month ago.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@TommyDee it seems the tests may have been fine; several animals are ill, they only sedated one for testing.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/06/bronx-zoo-tiger-tests-positive-for-coronavirus
This is our 'home zoo' so this is sad indeed; my grand kids are now fifth generation enjoying the Bronx Zoo!
I hope that attendant is okay!

@Polarbearboy you and I follow similar arc, though my introduction to commercial concentrates was a year or two ago, through the opening of adult use in Massachusetts. Wife likes oils in a vape pen, I like wax! but these just supplement the love of flower, along with making a better degree of stealth possible when necessary.

Hey, @MegaMan2k, apologies for at times taking this thread so far away from your intent when you opened it. I am personally guilty of making a few "Dear Diary" rather generic posts here. But is has been a nice area to toss some general pandemic chat around while we all sit at home and fret, so thanks for that.

As someone diagnosed COPD and having had one helluva case of pneumonia years back, I am apparently statistically more at risk. While I respect science implicitly, I try to be educated and am following the guidelines, my preference is to not get heavy when discussing, like, here.

I vape on, all day, every day.
A la Charlton Heston, "from my cold, dead hands..." seems to be the course I'm on.
And, like our Denier I Chief, "I am not a doctor, but who knows?" (Edit: omg! Am I like him?)

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I hear ya. I literally have less than 2 oz total right now, when I normally try not to have less than 4oz in surplus stored away at any given time...and that's NOT during a pandemic.

Oh well. I think I found another source for another oz that will be rolling through my town in a few days. Fingers crossed!

ginolicious

I came across something that may be of interest. It also discusses the random pneumonia from e vapes in the summer. Reading this article has me thinking that all the events that happened is a little too much to be a coincidence. And that there are 5 different strains of the Coronavirus. And only certain strains in different parts of the world except for one part, not China. Furthermore the first person to get it in China. Never been to the wet market. So it’s quite Plausible the virus was brought in and infected everyone. Not that it originated from there.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/covid-19-further-evidence-virus-originated-us/5706078

Planck

believes in Dog

ginolicious

I dunno guys. I think anything is possible. Our media shit talks theirs. And theirs shit talks ours. Where is the truth. And who do you trust? The media owned by the same corporations feeding us crap? There ain’t no independent news outlets these days. All can be traced to the 5 same holding corps.

uncanni

There are facts. But some people claim there are "alternative facts." This is a verbal-ideological "sleight of hand" that people who aren't seeking the scientific facts, or just plain ignorant people, will readily accept. So they're like, "Hmmmmm...: which set of facts do I want to accept as true?"

So people are either practicing the proven methods of preventing the spread of the virus or they're not. A lot of folks are in denial about what's going on because it triggers a lot of anxiety. They're trying to get away from the anxiety. But we have to find strategies for coping with that anxiety and we have to stay as safe as we can. I've been at home since Mar. 7 (beginning of spring break, and then the rest of the semester became distance education), I only go to store at 7 in the morning with mask on, I talk to neighbors at a distance, I spend a lot of time in the garden outside and in the Cannabis grow room inside. Stayin grounded with mother nature.

Last edited:

ginolicious

There are facts. But some people claim there are "alternative facts." This is a verbal-ideological "sleight of hand" that people who aren't seeking the scientific facts, or just plain ignorant people, will readily accept. So they're like, "Hmmmmm...: which set of facts do I want to accept as true?"

So people are either practicing the proven methods of preventing the spread of the virus or they're not. A lot of folks are in denial about what's going on because it triggers a lot of anxiety. They're trying to get away from the anxiety. But we have to find strategies for coping with that anxiety and we have to stay as safe as we can. I've been at home since Mar. 7 (beginning of spring break, and then the rest of the semester became distance education), I only go to store at 7 in the morning with mask on, I talk to neighbors at a distance, I spend a lot of time in the garden outside and in the Cannabis grow room inside. Stayin grounded with mother nature.

I am in the same boat. I go to work still. But I go to the office and am the only one in it for 9 hours a day. I don’t even go into grocery stores either.

Top Bottom