Corona Vaping

uncanni

I know about climate change since I was a kid. I think you got me wrong here.
Sorry if my feathers ruffled a little bit. It's not you or a lot of other people I've given up on: it's the one percent and the corporations, the ones pulling all the strings of power, the ones who promote the use of fossil fuel. They used to be called feudal lords, aristocracy, monarchs, etc, and they've never cared about justice, peace, or Christian principles, although they sure love to pretend they're good christians when all they're motivated by is greed. I know quite a lot about the conquest of the Americas and how the Pope cut the deal with Spain and Portugal, how transatlantic slavery began, how the indigenous people were killed off by Old World diseases, what it was like to work on a sugar plantation. All in the name of "saving souls."

Jump to today: we can insert a new series of disasters that are occurring all because of greed and lust for power. There are a lot of sociopaths out there with a death wish who don't mind taking the whole world down with them--as long as they die with the most toys.

I see all of this as fact--as historical fact. I think you're a lot younger than me; "the world is too much with us" for me these days...

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I see all of this as fact--as historical fact. I think you're a lot younger than me; "the world is too much with us" for me these days...

Not sure how old you are, but I'm not much younger, that's for sure (I'm 46). And I've seen stuff and grew up in a very political environment in West-Berlin in the 70s & 80s (hence I was aware of for example the climate change at a very young age). So I am very aware of the grim perspectives we face in general and even now in particular – I find the idea of →The Great Filter very interesting and it seems what we experience now is exactly such a filter (not so much the virus, but the climate change for sure). But I'm also an optimist, not because I prefer to deny those perspectives, but because they don't have to be the end of a story. I agree, we are ignorant, egoistic, greedy, short-sighted, all that. But the Corona-crisis also shows that reason, the power of science and social behavior have become stronger and stronger over the last decades and centuries (edit: and this crisis is a great opportunity to learn even more on many levels).

I have no idea where this story ends, where we end, but in the end it will end anyways. Until then we should never give up to make the best of our existence. You might call me an →optimistic nihilist. :-)

Last edited:

uncanni

I have no idea where this story ends, where we end, but in the end it will end anyways. Until then we should never give up to make the best of our existence. You might call me an →optimistic nihilist. :-)

I'm 20 years older than you: generation of '68. I really like the optimistic nihilist moniker. I've bookmarked Hanson's The Great Filter, and I'll read it.

I'll turn 67 this week; sometimes I think that my current Weltanschaaung is profoundly influenced by my age; I have gotten so tired of all the violence and destruction, and it's not as easy for me to process it all as it was when I was younger. So there are a lot of factors at play here: I know so much more than I did 20 years ago--almost too much history. And what's happening to the planet (and the fact that Trump is doing everything in his power to accelerate the process) keeps me in a state of perpetual mourning. My beloved Mother Nature is being poisoned.

So I guess you could call me a cynical altruist...

vapirtoo

Wow folks, I mean I am one hour into a morning abv/honey/peanutbutter one slice,
but this conversation feels like the old FC that I fell in love with.
Madri-Gal stay strong and be super vigilant with.....with everything.
Love, Hopes and Prayers
Every generation firmly believes that they have the front seat to the apocalypse.
Its that religious culmination thing.
I'm still have hope in humanity, and faith in the strength of the
remaining ecosystems that if we really get our shit together we might
at least blunt this disaster.
Oh yeah lets keep our asses inside.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I've got Corona virus. Yes, I have specific instructions from my doctor about all what I am to do. I have asthma and a compromised immune system, so I am listening. Until my lungs are clear, anyway.

So sorry to hear you are infected with this crap......please be careful and let us know how you're doing.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I've got Corona virus. Yes, I have specific instructions from my doctor about all what I am to do. I have asthma and a compromised immune system, so I am listening. Until my lungs are clear, anyway.

Be careful, listen to your doctor, and please let us all know how your doing when you can.

There's a high chance you'll be okay, but we'll still be worried!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Heading to Costco and a liquor store today, this is the best we've come up with.
If I'd walked in there like this a month ago I'd have been arrested...
9f91ac559a910378690fa56b12dedde2.jpg

best to all, keep a clean scene.
btw, I'm not bringing the gun - or the horse, but I might kill to have a shirt like that.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Well, I've been being pretty good. Most days I don't get stoned until I begin my typically late afternoon exercise session, which can be outside on my bike or hiking a nearby trail or getting on the exercise bike. Other days I don't get stoned until supper time. But today is a miserable day here, snowing now with sleet and rain forecast for the rest of the day. I've cleaned the house, gotten vigorous exercise five of the past six days, had a ton of phone and email interactions earlier this week(my 72nd birthday!), helped out my even older neighbor and members of my family, donated to the local Salvation Army CV effort, etc. And I have the best stash of flower and concentrates of my entire long doping life.

I've been semi-self-isolating for three weeks now. The earliest in the day that I've imbibed is 2:30 or so. But with nowhere to go, no major responsibilities, lousy weather, and a smile on my face, after breakfast I'm going to pull out a couple of vapes and spend the day getting loaded. I hope this meets everyone's approval.

PS: Though I haven't gone to any store or had any other close interaction with anyone in more than a week, I take comfort from the fact that my county now appears to be the only county in New England without any confirmed cases of CV.

PPS: I pulled the trigger. Sai atomizer with titanium cup on voopoo drag 2 via wpa, through a SP small globe buubler: Grapefruit wax. :)

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Well, I've been being pretty good. Most days I don't get stoned until I begin my typically late afternoon exercise session, which can be outside on my bike or hiking a nearby trail or getting on the exercise bike. Other days I don't get stoned until supper time. But today is a miserable day here, snowing now with sleet and rain forecast for the rest of the day. I've cleaned the house, gotten vigorous exercise five of the past six days, had a ton of phone and email interactions earlier this week(my 72nd birthday!), helped out my even older neighbor and members of my family, donated to the local Salvation Army CV effort, etc. And I have the best stash of flower and concentrates of my entire long doping life.

I've been semi-self-isolating for three weeks now. The earliest in the day that I've imbibed is 2:30 or so. But with nowhere to go, no major responsibilities, lousy weather, and a smile on my face, after breakfast I'm going to pull out a couple of vapes and spend the day getting loaded. I hope this meets everyone's approval.

PS: Though I haven't gone to any store or had any other close interaction with anyone in more than a week, I take comfort from the fact that my county now appears to be the only county in New England without any confirmed cases of CV.

PPS: I pulled the trigger. Sai atomizer with titanium cup on voopoo drag 2 via wpa, through a SP small globe buubler: Grapefruit wax. :)

Happy birthday, young man!! I'm turning 67 tomorrow. I start vaping around 2:30-3:00 in the morning.
We're wondering so far off the path here, but these are trying times that beg for patience on so many levels.
That said,
@Polarbearboy for you and me these lately have been the years of the Golden Age of Cannabis, by my reckon.

Happy birthdays, fellow boomers, and to complete the thought, I'm 69 and wake + vape between 5 and 6 a.m.
Maybe this requires a new thread, rather at my age I more likely haven't seen one that's already here on the topic.

ltv

Wondering if daily vaping is likely to make one more susceptible to
getting coronavirus.
And if one is infected will prior daily vaping exacerbate the illness especially lung function. One of the symptoms of moderate coronavirus
Is pneumonia.

Top Bottom