Cool music to vape to, you know the tunes that move you

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokingElectricity

Butthole_Surfers_Live_PCPPEP_Front.jpg

SmokingElectricity,

crawdad

floatin
been doing some research into alpha, delta and theta audio frequencies and how it can affect (or align) thoughts...consciousness.

here is one such with alpha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAj7ogsMy6k

and a couple other random ones i thought interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twm1cAEWb8w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNiyCZ_9nL0

the whole "does it work" questions i think are pointless, we all get moved by different things, may not be your cup of tea...im not even sure its mine yet. :D

crawdad,

chucku

Charles Urbane
The VG ss bat was a fine travelling companion for last nights Paul McCartney show at Wrigley Field. One of the best shows of my life. Even the Wings material was good (I am not a Wings fan). You youngsters who favor more contemporary genres - you know who you are, check out the following. This is classic stuff and has already passed the test of time with flying colors.

1.Magical Mystery Tour - The Beatles
2.Junior's Farm - Wings
3.All My Loving - The Beatles
4.Jet - Wings
5.Got To Get You Into My Life - The Beatles
6.Sing the Changes - Paul McCartney
7.The Night Before - The Beatles
8.Let Me Roll It - Wings
9.Paperback Writer - The Beatles
10.The Long and Winding Road -The Beatles
11.Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five - Wings
12.Let 'em In - Wings
13.Maybe I'm Amazed - Paul McCartney
14.I'm Looking through You - The Beatles
15.And I Love Her - The Beatles
16.Blackbird - The Beatles
17.Here Today - Paul McCartney
18.Dance Tonight - Paul McCartney
19.Mrs. Vandebilt - Wings
20.Eleanor Rigby - The Beatles
21.Something - The Beatles
22.Band on the Run - Wings
23.Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da - The Beatles
24.Back in the USSR - The Beatles
25.I've Got a Feeling - The Beatles
26.A Day in the Life/Give Peace a Chance - The Beatles/John Lennon
27.Let It Be - The Beatles
28.Live and Let Die - Wings
29.Hey Jude - The Beatles
Encore:
30.Lady Madonna - The Beatles
31.Birthday - The Beatles
32.I Saw Her Standing There - The Beatles
Encore 2:
33.Yesterday - The Beatles
34.Helter Skelter - The Beatles
35.Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End - The Beatles

chucku,

Rico420

Anything by Theivery Corporation.

Also,

Eyedea
Beatnuts
Gil Scott Heron
Psybient
Classic (pre 80's) Funk, soul, folk rock, and psychedelic rock

Rico420,

NiceLungs

Account Closed
I like a lotta stuff. Mainly classic rock, hip hop, alternative, indie.

For rap check out:

Wiz Khalifa - Kush and Orange Juice, Curren$y - Covert Coup, Mac Miller - Best Day Ever, Chiddy Bang - The Preview, Cunninlynguists - Oneirology

Good weed rap, lotta those are mixtapes you can download fo' free.

For chill stuff check out RJD2, Iron & Wine, Sufjan Steven, The Shins

Whoever mentioned Emancipator, EXCELLENT recommendation. Great stuff

NiceLungs,

Bdub

Vaporizer Aficionado
Atmosphere, Eyedea, Grieves & Budo, Blueprint and all the other Rhymesayers label are what really gets me feeling good. Also Sublime and some DnB/Dubstep. I always have something on in the background!

Bdub,

Nycdeisel

Nycdeisel,

hereatlast

NiceLungs said:
Cunninlynguists - Oneirology

Solid album. Cunninlynguists is really proving their worth with these concept albums IMO (though their first couple albums remain their best IMO). Some say Kno fell off a little but I disagree. That said, I'd rather keep Kno behind the boards for the most part.

bdub said:
Atmosphere, Eyedea, Grieves & Budo, Blueprint and all the other Rhymesayers label are what really gets me feeling good.

First, R.I.P. Eyedea. Not necessarily always the type of music to make you feel good though lol. Have you checked out Evidence's latest release Cats and Dogs? Ev signed to Rhymesayers last year I believe, Cats and Dogs has been good to me these last couple weeks...picked it up on lime green and pink vinyl!

Evidence feat. Slug & Aesop Rock: "Late for the Sky"
And a Primo banger from the Ev album.

Nice to see the Schoolboy Q on here as well. Al the Chemist certainly deserves some respect IMO as well (Alch produced quite a few beats for Evidence's Cats and Dogs FWIW!). I've got an Alchemist instrumental album I love to throw on the platter when I'm sitting back with my vapors.

elevation: I see you posted K.R.I.T.'s "Dreamin" on the last page. Good call! The Return of 4eva (foreva, eva?)!
I also see you got some Curren$y artwork as your avatar. I must admit, I've been a little disappointed in Curren$y recently, I think he needs to slow way down with the amount of music he's releasing. Curren$y isn't the most substantive MC (that's not meant to be a jab) but has a great flow and delivery IMO. This three to four albums a year formula though is a little over the top especially when the quality (IMO) suffers. I will say, as long as he keeps messing with DD127 and Ski Beatz in particular (and Alchemist for that matter!) then I'll have a strong incentive to listen.

Sorry for the rant, I stay away from these types of threads on here for this reason :lol:
Usually keep my music talk sectioned off in dedicated forums, nice to see this thread go strong though.

hereatlast,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
http://youtu.be/988Cst8qXGo

May be the greatest Nirvana vid Ive ever seen. First, its my favorite song by the band: Drain You. Second, its a brilliant live performance. Third, its in HD and the best quality footage Ive seen of the tribe. It looks like it was shot in 2004. Fourth, love the suits. Fifth, best part is that Kurt Cobains guitar breaks during the breakdown and he chucks it and sings the rest of the song without it. Its a rare moment to see Cobain exposed without a guitar in front of him. Sixth, Cobains scream in the breakdown is equal parts anger, pain and cathartic.

JDSupreme,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom