• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Concentrates on a Plane

grokit

well-worn member
These are new, they hold 1g:
ZkVBxUvo-lo3ozqvFwlbnwnpGuBnr9Ndr52qnRAFxKJdgFU-Nz8C46oJ0YyJORjoU4H-Zy2jbMLK-n9CFm8xVH_FrKMKsAv2pgnFHEJ1olwOo7G12BugltOuculdkRkPp3tWldHcy-9o5-LfoaowdqwSAVzuv3uM_bHg784=s0-d-e1-ft

$8 ea/3 for $20
http://www.420science.com/Wax-Walle...ail&utm_term=0_3c67997137-d104fd95c1-48745213

fernand

FWIW, I was just looking at some of the machines they have that can alert to just a few molecules of various compounds. They then sell refills of "consumables" for various target substances.

One line of equipment an acquaintance invented for anti-terrorism was based on antibody type molecules bound to the light-emitting luciferase protein from fireflies. A single photon was emitted whenever a molecule of the target substance interacted with the "antibody", and a photomultiplier would amplify the light. Sophisticated stuff. He never anticipated they might use it for harmless cannabis.

But the one that took the cake was presented at a conference by the Greek police. This was in the early 1970s. They proposed intercepting hash and making it radioactive, then releasing it back out into the "marketplace". Why? So they could then walk around and identify users with a geiger counter. With our govt' pressing the entire planet for "results", they couldn't fathom why the scientists at the conference thought it barbaric.

I wouldn't expect the TSA operators would waste these (expensive) refills to look for tiny quantities of cannabis in passengers' carry-ons, but then, when have they approached things rationally?

http://www.morpho.com/detection/drug-interdiction/?lang=en

@ocbubble's is the best solution I think.

Last edited:
fernand,
Reactions: ocbubble

fernand

those are neat though it would be cool if they didn't have a pot leafish symbol on them.

Vacuum seal that guy's BRAIN.

You'd have to really piss the tsa off to get them to care about weed imho.

@grokit, I dunno, you remember ... what was that singer's name? ... if you're counting on common sense or like compassion among people who like their uniforms and security job and pushing people around and doing cavity searches and carrying a gun an' shit, I dunno, look around, I somehow doubt the word "care" enters into it in any sense ;-)

fernand,

grokit

well-worn member
I realize common sense may not apply with the tsa. I am going by personal anecdotes that I have read, as well as my limited personal experiences. They have many other priorities other than personal weed, even the dogs don't care anymore they're just trained to detect explosives. Now a Canadian border dog otoh...

grokit,

fernand

If the herb can be brilliantly sealed, that may be the lesser overall risk. Here's my train of thought, see if you agree. Let's say something goes wrong and they find your stash. Before the full legal fallout, there's the critical first reaction of T'ee Esse Joe & his team, while they could still look the other way.
  • If it's herb, everyone knows very well what it is. They know it's being legalized in many places. They know it's like a misdemeanor. If you're over 35, you could even try to whisper "that's my medicine".
  • Compare that to Joe finding concentrate. They aren't really sure what THAT is. They have heard of butane "crack", that it's very very strong, that labs blow up, that it's a felony. It could be like some sort of designer black tar phantom'ile, a gram is probably worth like five bazillion dollars on "the street", it's enough to snare and molest a thousand children AND kill an elephant. Can they risk ignoring it?
Assuming chances of detection are similar, which would you rather deal with?

In the meantime we need to spread the concept that wax is to weed as chicken macNuggets are to chicken. Or ketchup is to tomatoes. Or french fries are to Idaho.

fernand,
Reactions: vapelvr

amberevil

If the herb can be brilliantly sealed, that may be the lesser overall risk. Here's my train of thought, see if you agree. Let's say something goes wrong and they find your stash. Before the full legal fallout, there's the critical first reaction of T'ee Esse and his team, while they could still look the other way.
  • If it's herb, everyone knows very well what it is. They know it's being legalized in many places. They know it's like a misdemeanor. If you're over 35, you could even try to whisper "that's my medicine".
  • Compare that to Joe finding concentrate. They aren't really sure what THAT is. They have heard of butane "crack", that it's very very strong, that labs blow up, that it's a felony. It could be like some sort of designer black tar phantom'ile, a gram is probably worth like five bazillion dollars on "the street", it's enough to snare and molest a thousand children AND kill an elephant. Can they risk ignoring it?
Assuming chances of detection are similar, which would you rather deal with?

In the meantime we need to spread the concept that wax is to weed as chicken macNuggets are to chicken. Or ketchup is to tomatoes. Or french fries are to Idaho.

I understand what your saying, but I think you could use some healthier examples. Many, including I, think of concentrate as a healthier way to consume least plant matter. While french frys and mc nuggests and the unhealtheir form of chucken and potatoes. More like eating just egg whites. You get all the great protein without all the cholesterol of the yoke.

I have to make the choice between flower and oil on my flight, while I would rather get caught with flower I think I have a greater risk because I would have to bring a larger amount of flower than oil.

amberevil,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
You must know the laws for not only your departure and destination but also any connecting areas you will land in. If you are forced to deplane you may find yourself in a tight spot going back through security in a place you had not planned for.

CKS_Airport_drugs_sign.JPG

grokit

well-worn member
IMany, including I, think of concentrate as a healthier way to consume least plant matter. While french frys and mc nuggests and the unhealtheir form of chucken and potatoes. More like eating just egg whites. You get all the great protein without all the cholesterol of the yoke.
I had a hard time with @fernand's analogies as well, I think the the most applicable one for concentrates compared to flowers is that of hard booze to wine and beer, with cordials somewhere in between.

grokit,

amberevil

Im going to try the carmax container, but I am really in the air about carry on or checked bag. This is a domestic US flight. I dont like the thought of not knowing maybe till I get there with the checked bag. With carry on I worried about accidentally having something im not allowed to have, like sun screen or something stupid I didn't know I wasn't allowed to bring on carry on. Them then going into my bag and finding it. Please, some advice.

amberevil,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
For domestic travel I dont risk it. Much easier, and less risk, to simply send a packaged goods in a smelly proof with some loose coffee grinds in the package via courier or general mail to a dropbox location IMO.

smokum,
Reactions: 2clicker

sasNW

Like I said, I both checked it and carried it one way each. Next time I do it I will carry on both ways. I will just make sure nothing that could possibly be taken out for too much liquid is in the same compartment, every other toiletry will be with the Carmex though :2c:

sasNW,

tony yayo

Like I said, I both checked it and carried it one way each. Next time I do it I will carry on both ways. I will just make sure nothing that could possibly be taken out for too much liquid is in the same compartment, every other toiletry will be with the Carmex though :2c:
I've actually put it in a ziploc bag with my ecig liquids, batteries, etc, left it out and sitting in the bin, and they've never given it a second look, let alone picked it up and looked at the bag at all. Out in the open is the safest place.

Skored

Although there is risk, I've come to believe it's relatively low - even lower for me since my travels are only a couple times per year. I think cannajuice seems to be the best disguise since they can't be distinguished from your general e-cigarette. I flew with some for the first time to a beach vacation in Florida. I pre-filled an unused cartridge with about .8 ml - enough for my week vacation. I put it in a small zipper pocket inside my toiletry bag inside my checked luggage. My intention was to dispose of the used cartridge while there and not fly home with it. However, it was so easy and inconspicuous that i flew home with it in the same fashion. No problems either way. It was a big deal for me since I have been totally anti carrying on flights. Somehow, cannajuice has (in my mind) changed the game a bit.

fernand

Good points, all. Actually the "they don't know what it is" argument has that in its favor too.
And sending anything by courier makes me nervous.

But it still matters a lot where the flights land. The screeners are local people. In a state like Louisiana where a guy named Ron Noble just got 13.3 years for 2.8g, you may not like the atmosphere, the pool they get the screeners from.

Maybe it's going to be like another Union-Confederacy split. People might even move to be away from people they can't stand. I'm just nervously waiting for the first arranged "told ya so" fatal accidents in CO and WA.

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
Maybe it's going to be like another Union-Confederacy split. People might even move to be away from people they can't stand. I'm just nervously waiting for the first arranged "told ya so" fatal accidents in CO and WA.
I've been saying for a while now that mj/mmj states vs. none-mj states could constitute the modern version of the mason-dixon line as the states continue to polarize against one another. But the dynamic is a strange one, as many of the states that seem to be most against mj are also the most vocal about asserting their sovereign rights under the 10th amendment.
Indeed: Alaska, Idaho, North Dakota, South Dakota, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Tennessee, Alabama, Arizona, Kansas, Nebraska, South Carolina, Utah, and Wyoming have all passed 10th amendment resolutions, and aren't alaska/arizona the only pro-mj/mmj states out of these?

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Being in Norcal, I have the luxury of flying out of the only airport in America that allows transport of medical marijuana. Since security checks occur at the port of departure, this is a big help. They do give a warning that laws in the destination may be different, but they also are clear they don't report anything or contact police at passenger destinations.

I know people who have flown this way, and they said it's amazing to be so open about it, and even get complemented by security personnel about the quality of their flowers. The photo below is from a real flight out of Oakland from a story by NBC. Talk about being upfront about the medicine!

05-02-2014-oak-pot-3.jpg

fernand

That looks like more than an ounce.
And to think that would, not could, cost you your life in many countries.

But as to polarization, the people who are for states' rights are also for some reason mostly old christian moralistic, making them blindly pro-law enforcement. And then they suddenly discover they're getting their doors beaten down.

Very few people are consistent in their thinking.

Last edited:

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
That looks like more than an ounce.
And to think that would, not could, cost you your life in many countries.

But as to polarization, the people who are for states' rights are also for some reason mostly old christian moralistic, making them blindly pro-law enforcement. And then they suddenly discover they're getting their doors beaten down.

Very few people are consistent in their thinking.

Yes, a wee bit over an ounce, but not sure why you mentioned ounce specifically. Prop 215 allows up to a half-pound possession. Local cities and counties can only raise that limit, and of course with a doctor's recommendation that limit can be lifted altogether. And if a person is representing a collective, I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to fly within California with several pounds of medicine.

The point was that the good citizens of Oakland have agreed that airport security should get their noses out of the medication of travelers and stick to their primary duties. This saves them the trouble of having to become involved in trying to determine if an individual patient is complying with local mmj laws. In my mind, it's the only sane way to allow Prop 215 to function without non-medical interference.

Edit: Yes it is a trip that people would kill and die for the contents of that suitcase. But people will fight over clear and yellow rocks (diamonds and gold) too, even though the functional value of each is limited. If the currency was mj-based, that would at least have some inherent value to the currency.

Last edited:
syrupy,
Reactions: grokit

grokit

well-worn member
If the currency was mj-based, that would at least have some inherent value to the currency.
I like this idea :tup:

Get out of fiat currency and into cannabis-backed currency,
giving a tangible meaning to the term, "greenbacks" :leaf:

It's at least as feasible as bitcoins and would be more stable.

It's actually starting to happen(?):
http://www.reddit.com/r/CannabisCoins/

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I like this idea :tup:

Get out of fiat currency and into cannabis-backed currency,
giving a tangible meaning to the term, "greenbacks" :leaf:

It's at least as feasible as bitcoins and would be more stable.

Yeah, I guess they'd have to base it on level of THC, since quality can vary so much. Maybe there would be a government agency that regulates this to keep quality levels high, or else the currency becomes devalued. Large denominations could be concentrates, and small bills the flowers. ATMs would have vapes built into them. Teachers get paid in herb. Police officers, the military, everyone gets paid in herb. Fanny packs come back into style as people need them to use as wallets. Everybody wins. :)

Edit: I must admit it would also be entertaining to see overnight that Amsterdam propelled The Netherlands into a major economic force. The stock market just might move in with Harborside Health in Oaksterdam, California. The possibilities are endless.

syrupy,
Reactions: grokit
Top Bottom