• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Concentrates on a Plane

fernand

The ounce thing has to do with the "progress" made in the last 40 years.

Under an oz. in progressive areas you might only be fined and bruised.

fernand,
Reactions: syrupy

fernand

I don't mean to be negative - and I'll take whatever gains, any day. But it's been a painful road. As to analogies, you wanna speak your target audience's language, they relate to ketchup more than to salads IMHO, that was the joke. Sorry I didn't put a smiley there ;-)

But I in turn don't like the booze analogy, since the impairment and medicinal profile of wine even is pretty poor next to cannabis. When I was a kid I thought getting ripped was fun. But now I'm so grateful for its medicinal properties.

But back to the topic, it's nerve-wracking waiting for an envelope. I sent my friend in Europe a little bottle of nicotine concentrate along with the laptop he'd ordered on ebay. Apparently it's maybe not permitted at all sometimes, they say. Even so we were sweating it when the normal customs delays occurred. Don't like that "cross hairs on my back" feeling, that silly 30 ml of 10% nicotine in glycerin was bad enough.

Last edited:
fernand,

grokit

well-worn member
I get that one is a poison and one isn't, but I like the booze analogy because prohibition.

grokit,
I wouldn't risk it. I'm sure you can find something up where your going rather than the possibility of being charged with drug trafficking and never being able to travel again

AlexisSmith67,

kdeff

I have done much research (ie. read forums like this and press releases) before deciding to take some concentrates on my domestic flight out of SFO. I figured Id just post my experience here, to help any other people that are are in my old shoes.

Preliminary research: It is painfully obvious that the TSA does not look for drugs; especially personal stashes (of course large scale smuggling is completely different). They openly say it; their goal is to secure the skies of danger (not drugs); and their budget is not enough for them to consider looking for drugs. All signs tell you that they don't care. But, I have read many cases of people getting caught by them. This usually happens because the person has it on their person and goes through a body scanner, because they have very conspicuous-looking things in their bag (syringes, etc) or because they have an unrelated security concern in their bag that causes it to be searched (say a water bottle) and the TSA happens to find the drugs. In any case, if you are found with drugs the TSA will hand you over to local police; NOT federal authorities. This is great news for SFO and OAK (even SJC to some extent) since SFPD and Oakland PD handle their respective airports, and both the PD's dont give a rats ass about weed. Even with concentrates (which you technically can be arrested for), I wasnt too worried about my consequences if caught. Dont take this as law - there could be an asshole local PD officer on duty at the time - but in general they dont care.

I have flown out of SFO many times, and was planning on carrying some hash with me. Put it in a plastic baggie and tossed it in my carry on luggage. Looked like a little bag of chopped up granola. It smelled if you put your face near the bag; but keep in mind this is SF. The people working in the airport need only walk 2 blocks in any direction in SF/Oakland/Berkeley and theyll get a whif of weed. So not too concerned about the smell, or TSA being concerned about it. It would be more conspicuous to vacuum seal it or use 4-5 baggies.

I was flying domestic, but after getting to the airport I found my flight is out of an international terminal. Ive flown out of the international terminal 5-6 times; never seemed any different than the domestic. Still, I was a little concerned but then thought about it: If I were an officer I wouldnt waste time/money using a dog or extra searches on departing flights looking for drugs. Why would I care if someone was taking drugs out of my country? Id use the dogs on incoming luggage and incoming passengers (at customs). So I decided to just meander through security normally.

I DID make sure many times over that there was nothing in my bag that would trigger security to search it - even things I normally take like deodorant or a bar of soap. That is the key. So a lot of it really comes down to blending in and not causing any disturbances, easy if you fly often.

Last edited:

fernand

Makes a lot of sense. But it also comes down to people. TSA are not cops but there's mentality overlap. A lot of cops hate us. They see the world as full of "lawbreakers" that need to be incarcerated. But then what happens when the law is on our side? Then it turns out the law is wrong. Stay out of their way, they are not rational people, they live in a paranoid vision and they reinforce each others' paranoia. They are armed and dangerous, and they sure scare the hell out of me. All the advice given here sounds rational. The only thing to add is: try to make them like you and think you are on their side. Funny but what saved my butt one time was an American flag and a bumper sticker for a Republican candidate (that I had taken as a joke).

Last edited:

twiz0r

This is a great thread...definitely going to be checking out the rest of the forum.

What pen would you guys recommend to get for travel to get the least attention while still having good functionality?

twiz0r,

BuzzDanklin

Evidently Concentrates are safe on the plane as long as you use them during the flight with your Ascent *Facepalm*

BuzzDanklin,

JSteez4205

aka Gordon NugzB
I've flown domestically a decent amount recently and have ONLY ever seen dogs in the ATL airport when I was switching planes to make a connection. That being said I Never have flown with concentrates, but I ALWAYS fly with edibles that generally smell pretty strongly of weed(homemade gummies).. Out of a non-medical state. Wait did I say I?! I meant a Friend of mine!!

And have known people to fly with e-nails and glass and concentrates all at one time on a plane with no harassment..

How are the people in the seats not turning around or talking about it? I know vapes don't smell like smoking but it's not like you can't smell them at all?

VapeNStone,
Reactions: smokum

JSteez4205

aka Gordon NugzB
How are the people in the seats not turning around or talking about it? I know vapes don't smell like smoking but it's not like you can't smell them at all?
Till I see what's loaded &/or spent, I will be under the assumption they were vaping some kind of legal herb.. and just making a video for "likes" on the interweb..
Maybe not, maybe there really are people that just don't give a Fck what could happen!?

grokit

well-worn member
If you take tiny sips and hold them in for a long time, you will not exhale any vapor.

grokit,
Reactions: zor

jl420

I love wax vap hits but to do it on a plane is just stupid, c'mon you really can't wait to land before vaping. I always have an 'edible' before I fly anywhere and it make the flight ever so relaxing. I flew to Philly a month ago for 2 weeks (work related) and put 5grms of some killer wax in a tootsie roll wrapper. I brought my eGo-Vv3 e-cig with a couple of 510 threaded nails and had no issues going and coming back.

jl420,
Top Bottom