Concentrates on a Plane

Poopshoot123

Does anyone know what shatter looks like going into the x-ray tsa scanners? I've had no problem bringing vape pens and 1-2 grams of shatter in the past from Seattle and denver. I believe it would count as organic and show as orange?

This time though I bought 8grams of shatter in Denver and my trip got cut short. Figured I was just gonna buy a silicon container and put it in the bottom of my tolietrie bag in my carry-on. Not sure if that much matter condensed would.flag a search.

Poopshoot123,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yes, organic. Should be fine but you might want to put half in a carmex jar or something to split the load unless you have a larger silicone container than I am used to seeing.

invertedisdead,

Poopshoot123

When I think of carmex containers I think of those small metal container that would probably hold 2 grams at most. Figured a metal container had a higher chance of scrutiny compared to plastic but who knows my axe hair glue is in a metal container and never been questioned.

I have a pretty decent size dabheadz silicon container. Only concern it that it's colored all purple and green and with large print says "dabheadz" on top.

Poopshoot123,

al bundy

Vaporist
Contact lens container
I use these only when out and about
Used them when I went to Florida
Will be using them when I go to Caribbean saturday

al bundy,

Hoosier

When I think of carmex containers I think of those small metal container that would probably hold 2 grams at most. Figured a metal container had a higher chance of scrutiny compared to plastic but who knows my axe hair glue is in a metal container and never been questioned.

I have a pretty decent size dabheadz silicon container. Only concern it that it's colored all purple and green and with large print says "dabheadz" on top.

Carmex container is good for 5-6 grams...or so I've heard.

Hoosier,

pktrkt11

Just flew RT Denver to Las Vegas with wax. Got sniffed by two different police dogs in DIA with no problems.

The first dog was a young German Short hair and he was hilarious. He went up under a woman's leg and got his leash all tangled up with her . The dogs have "DO NOT PET" written on them and she did not know what to do. The second dog was an older Golden Retriever and he put his nose right on top on my where my Yocan Hive was in my quart bag and moved on.

Coming back Las Vegas was no lines, no shoes off, leave gels and liquids in your bag and no dogs.

Last edited:
pktrkt11,
Reactions: Vapestein

2clicker

Observer
Im actually boarding a plane tomorrow from St Louis to San Diego, but will have a ton of fam with me. I don't wanna risk any questions or anything so I am not bringing.

Hoping to find someone in the SD/Carlsbad that can help! Any takers...? Lol

2clicker,

Adobewan

What about going from a legal state, through a strict airport like, Dallas Fort Worth, for a connecting flight? Would you guys still feel safe with a loaded Carmex container?
Do you travel through security again for connecting flights?

Adobewan,

MuushuPork

What about going from a legal state, through a strict airport like, Dallas Fort Worth, for a connecting flight? Would you guys still feel safe with a loaded Carmex container?
Do you travel through security again for connecting flights?
I have flown through DC, NYC and Toronto with and without fam. I bring clean source orb and battery, and shatter in my wallet in parchment and a baggy. Never any issues at any airport.

MuushuPork,

Eatrocks

I have flown through DC, NYC and Toronto with and without fam. I bring clean source orb and battery, and shatter in my wallet in parchment and a baggy. Never any issues at any airport.

Must got a good poker face lol. I'd have to put in wallet a month before so I could legitimately forget it was in there lol...the way the law treats mj concentrates is insane.

Eatrocks,

MuushuPork

Definitely stressful with fam but otherwise ezpz. You have to keep it in your head that they really dont care about reefer.

MuushuPork,

al bundy

Vaporist
https://imgur.com/a/IXgod

4.22 grams in a contact lens case from Newark to Aruba
Put coils from evolve in my shave bag with contact lens case in checked baggage and carried on just the evolve minus the coils in pocket
One brand new one used both clean of course.
Will be leaving the old one and both coils and whatever I have left with friend
And bring back unused empty evolve.

Last edited:
al bundy,

Eatrocks

https://imgur.com/a/IXgod

4.22 grams in a contact lens case from Newark to Aruba
Put coils from evolve in my shave bag with contact lens case in checked baggage and carried on just the evolve minus the coils in pocket
One brand new one used both clean of course.
Will be leaving the old one and both coils and whatever I have left with friend
And bring back unused empty evolve.

Dang nice muffins!
Nothing on top thou?

Eatrocks,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
In domestic USA airports most of the dogs are looking for explosive residues or precursors, not weed. Only officers wearing DEA patches with dogs are looking for drugs. Many airports, like SEATAC for instance, have openly stated that they do not care about cannabis at all.

PainCure

Regarding vape pens (on planes and in public):

Being a nicotine vapor for the past 7.5 years and traveling with them on planes frequently, I would never worry about taking that stuff anywhere, unless it is determined that dogs at airports do care and can smell small amounts of concealed concentrates...which it seems they don't from what I've been reading. There are a shit ton more people vaping for nicotine than THC & have been for a really long time. They would look like fools if they started stopping people for vape supplies at this point in time in the USA unless they smell strongly like something illegal. Almost all vape juices have some sort of smell on exhale so it would have to have a significant odor to call attention.

If you really want to be super careful (but I wouldn't worry about it at all, in fact, I plan on taking a concentrate vape pen on a plane for the first time sometime in the next year), try to make yourself look like more of a nicotine addict...LOL...but I'm serious! Especially if vaping THC in public: Vape "pens" are less common among nicotine vapers (these days) than big box mods. You may not like it but it's true. I don't like it but its about functionality of vaping nicotine - bigger really is better. If you want to be really inconspicuous use an e-cig standard box mod (one that is common in vape shops now) and a Sayonara. Saionara looks more like a modern & current nicotine ecig for sure, than any of the others that I've seen IMO. I wouldn't even know the difference if I saw you vaping on a Saionara with a box mod!! The closer to your body you carry them the more realistic they look also! Remember you are trying to look like a nicotine addict. Think of your vapes/vape pens as something you need seriously fast access to....like cigs or e-cigs if you were addicted.

I also think the Carmex with makeup or other liquids in small containers is a no brainer. They can't (time-wise) just start opening containers of your makeup/cosmetics! They deal with so many tiny containers each day that they are never going to do that. If you worry about that you must not take toiletries on planes very often (guys).

Vape on!! Stay lifted ;)

Last edited:

fernand

Wow, you guys are enviably easy-peazy cool calm. Mo' power 2 ya.

@pktrkt11 were these drug sniffing dogs or what? What exactly did you
have and how much, and where, if I may be so indiscreet? One question
is what the animals are trained on ...

Last edited:
fernand,
Top Bottom