• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Concentrates on a Plane

MTNMac

Like I said, I both checked it and carried it one way each. Next time I do it I will carry on both ways. I will just make sure nothing that could possibly be taken out for too much liquid is in the same compartment, every other toiletry will be with the Carmex though :2c:

I recently flew over the New Year's holiday.

After reading some of the experiences in here I decided to experiment with my flight.

I carried 5 medicinal cigs in disguise with my carry on.

My checked baggage included my Haze Vaporizer and my concentrates in my shaving bag.

Now worries either way!

Had a great New Years Celebration and vacation!

Can't wait to fly high again soon

MTNMac,

fernand

I was just reading about the 6 people they just executed for drugs in Indonesia. New progressive president. So everyone thought. Several were for extasy. Anyway, international travel is like traveling to southern states. Best to avoid. Oh Idaho is nice too. Felony for simple posession. Didn't they bring back the firing squad too?

fernand,

StheDubya

I carried on both ways, just pack it with a bunch of other bathroom supplies. Have a good vacation!
I travel regularly with my vape pen in my carry on. I highly recommend Puff Majic. The smell of the liquid masks almost any weed smell. I have never been questioned about it. Never really even got any looks as if people could smell something when hitting it in public. People just think it is a regular old e-cig.

StheDubya,

mayan

Carmex!!!! Who knew...I read the thread and decided to put concentrate in Carmex container for plane trip today. Waltzed through with it in carry-on. Total non-issue. (As was the Kiva bar and the oil slick 5ml silicone container.) Bingo! Thanks!!!

mayan,

dabwilldoya

Carmex!!!! Who knew...I read the thread and decided to put concentrate in Carmex container for plane trip today. Waltzed through with it in carry-on. Total non-issue. (As was the Kiva bar and the oil slick 5ml silicone container.) Bingo! Thanks!!!
I know sombody who was goona try this with the carmex. Do you have to put it in a clear plastic zip lock with liquid items or did you just keep it in your bag?

dabwilldoya,

amberevil

If you take it carry on you have to put in a 1 quart sized Ziploc bag, and I would definitely put other TRAVEL SIZED ITEMS. Or just anywhere in checked bag. Your biggest chance of them finding it if you have something else your not supposed to have so they are already looking, such as no travel sized liquid containers. I would refresh myself with the tsa items prohibited from traveling.

dabwilldoya

If you take it carry on you have to put in a 1 quart sized Ziploc bag, and I would definitely put other TRAVEL SIZED ITEMS. Or just anywhere in checked bag. Your biggest chance of them finding it if you have something else your not supposed to have so they are already looking, such as no travel sized liquid containers. I would refresh myself with the tsa items prohibited from traveling.
Thx for the advice. I was under the impression that the machine they put your bag of liquids in would detect it. Appears that it dont. Can anyone else weigh in on this?

dabwilldoya,

grokit

well-worn member
They're not looking for that, domestically anyways. They're looking for weapons and explosives. If they come across something they can alert the local authorities. At their discretion, so if you do it be discrete.

Big Baby Jesus

The momentum is finally on our side. Carpe diem!
I'm tired of these muthafuckin' concentrates on this muthafuckin' plane!

Concentrates don't show up on their scanners. Greyed out as organics, like your pants and shirts. Mostly the scanners reveal plastic and metal. Easiest way to start static: leave liquids in your bag and they're sure to toss your shit.

mayan

Interesting...,BigBaby J., I wondered whether concentrates would have the same scan/visual profile of plastic explosives. Not that it stopped me.

mayan,

dabbincandlewax

Twice I've flown with concentrates. Once from Hawaii to cali and two weeks later from cali to Florida. I put my nail, dabber, torch (without butane of course) and pipes (half assed cleaned) into my check on. And both times put the wax which was on parchment paper, inside my wallet, behind my stamp cards and shit. Like others have said, make sure you don't pack your stuff that will draw attention to you and you won't get a second look from anyone there. I always have my, "I didn't know it was there" story as back up.. makes me feel better about the fact I'm one Fuck up away from not getting on my flight hah

dabbincandlewax,

2000pm

Being in Norcal, I have the luxury of flying out of the only airport in America that allows transport of medical marijuana. Since security checks occur at the port of departure, this is a big help. They do give a warning that laws in the destination may be different, but they also are clear they don't report anything or contact police at passenger destinations.

I know people who have flown this way, and they said it's amazing to be so open about it, and even get complemented by security personnel about the quality of their flowers. The photo below is from a real flight out of Oakland from a story by NBC. Talk about being upfront about the medicine!

Nah SeaTac in Seattle has been letting people do this for years. I don't hide any of my stuff anymore and I have a notice from the TSA that they looked at it almost every time.

2000pm,
Reactions: Hoops

hoptimum

Nah SeaTac in Seattle has been letting people do this for years. I don't hide any of my stuff anymore and I have a notice from the TSA that they looked at it almost every time.

Push comes to shove, a card carrying cannabis patient could walk right onto a plane, obviously in possession of herb in the Bay Area, or, I presume, Seattle. SFO is in San Francisco's jurisdiction and as far as SFPD is concerned, the patient would be perfectly legal.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Its been known for a while that Sea-Tac won't bother medical patients with weed, there was an article about their shift in policy a while ago. SFO I have not read anything about but it wouldn't surprise me to see them relaxed. Flying domestic between friendly states shouldn't be a problem. Heck Nevada has an MMJ reciprocity program now so you can purchase in their dispensaries with your out of state card. Jamaica also is going to do this for tourists with MMJ cards.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/marijuana...ijuana-allowed-in-sea-tac-airport/#14194101=0

PuffNStuff

Its been known for a while that Sea-Tac won't bother medical patients with weed, there was an article about their shift in policy a while ago. SFO I have not read anything about but it wouldn't surprise me to see them relaxed. Flying domestic between friendly states shouldn't be a problem. Heck Nevada has an MMJ reciprocity program now so you can purchase in their dispensaries with your out of state card. Jamaica also is going to do this for tourists with MMJ cards.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/marijuana...ijuana-allowed-in-sea-tac-airport/#14194101=0

:whoa:haha, I work around there.I get super baked outside and then slide past security and go to work. All these years I thought I was super slick but come to find out they don't even care :rofl:

flywitdabs

Ive read through the threads and people say they just leave it in their wallet, or just put it in their bag to carry on and some put in a clear bag and run it with liquids. So if its just in my bag would it get flagged for liquids? If its in with my liquids in clear bag could it test for flammable if there was still a trace amounts of butane in there? Any tips would be appreciated just trying to work up the nerve to do it.

flywitdabs,

grdwaste

Glass Psycho
Hey guys,

I'm traveling to Paris for about a month and wanted to either bring my concentrates with me or ship them to the hotel I will be staying at. Anybody have any thoughts as I have never brought bho on a plane specially internationally.

Thanks!

grdwaste,

GuyLeDuche

^ "Eat a bag of Dick's!"
Ive read through the threads and people say they just leave it in their wallet, or just put it in their bag to carry on and some put in a clear bag and run it with liquids. So if its just in my bag would it get flagged for liquids? If its in with my liquids in clear bag could it test for flammable if there was still a trace amounts of butane in there? Any tips would be appreciated just trying to work up the nerve to do it.

Kinda made me think of the grams in little envelopes with folded parchment. Would look like a condom to xray if the gram was fairly round lol

norcalty

I've carried a pen vape on flights in the US for the last four years without a problem. I just leave them in my carry on. There are so many pen vapes now that TSA ignores them. They have never asked me about them when they go through the scanner. I travel for work and I have a medical reason that I carry it with me on my trips. Is it a risk? Sure, though I think it's a small risk. I've literally flown hundreds of flights with edibles and my pen vapes. I've stood less than 15 feet from a TSA dog, all without problems. I fly out of SFO which has a very lax policy on it and generally lets you fly with it, even if they find it. Some airports will call local police. I fly into several other cities that have similar policies of not messing with small amounts of medical marijuana. When I fly to areas that aren't as friendly to marijuana such as Mexico, I fly with unwrapped cheeba chews in a bag with other candies or caramels.

norcalty

Just another note about traveling. I always avoid traveling with flowers. They smell more than edibles and concentrates. I was once told that they train the dogs to smell flowers and are more likely to pickup th scent given cooking pot changes it's chemistry and scent. I only travel with cartridges such as the ophos (used to use this) or the pre-filled disposable cartridges by absolute xtracts or other similar products. Just thought I would mention the whole ... avoid the flowers thing.

norcalty,
Top Bottom