Cheap High Quality Bubbler

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
The dishes I received. I got a third but gifted it to a friend.
pqLQQBP.jpg

redrum

Kathy's new faberg egg is REALLY nice the only downside is this awwfull fake mothership logo's my buddies on arived a while ago.. I hope mine arives today or tomorow

those dishes look cool!

redrum,

Matt73

Hey guys, so I just (several days ago) my new FC-187 and it has been working fantastically with my underdog....

I just knocked it over (first time in years breaking a piece) and the can broke from the mouth tube. Is there anyway to fix it? even just a temp fix would be awesome.

Man, i just got up, i'm heating the UD up. man, dark clouds today.

Edit: after picking my emotions up, I've found that loctite glass glue is a thing. Will be getting this today and trying it
If you need to repair glass that gets hot during use, then try RTV silicone. I fixed my Solo stem with it and it is still good.
For example
http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-8005...11&ie=UTF8&qid=1460706989&sr=8-2&keywords=rtv

Matt73,

YungLeaner

Looking at this one. Will be about 60ish delivered.
https://www.thickassglass.com/colle...bent-neck-honeycomb-with-spinning-splashguard
DSC08430_1024x1024.JPG

Has anybody seen the equivalent on DHGate? 9 inches is just about perfect for me. Glass looks thick enough I guess and ergonomics seem good for logs or whip or LSV WPA.
Those are my two least favorite types of percs. The turbine is mainly decorative in my eperience and the honeycomb chugs heavily. I really like the form factor, though, and if it's relatively thick than 60$ with US shipping isn't too bad of a rip off. But for the LSV I would rather have a perc with a showerhead or a more predictable pull for properly milking large hits

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hey guys, so I just (several days ago) my new FC-187 and it has been working fantastically with my underdog....

I just knocked it over (first time in years breaking a piece) and the can broke from the mouth tube. Is there anyway to fix it? even just a temp fix would be awesome.

Man, i just got up, i'm heating the UD up. man, dark clouds today.

Edit: after picking my emotions up, I've found that loctite glass glue is a thing. Will be getting this today and trying it

I currently have the same piece (GB-187) and had the exact same issue. It tipped over and the mouthpiece snapped off clean right at the joint. I used a strap to hold the mouthpiece in place while I put 2 part 5 minute epoxy all around the outside of the joint. So no epoxy is in the air path but it holds solid. I actually have tipped it over since then and the joint is Stronger now than when it started. I have also ISO cleaned it several times with no problems, not sure if you will have the same luck with Locktite glass glue or CA (super glue). The epoxy is slightly yellowed and the joint is ugly as hell. BUT it still works fine. Unfortunately with about 15 other pieces I rarely pull that ugly thing out anymore! But when I do function is still 100%.

Alternatively you can either find a glass blower to tack it back on or even try it yourself with a hot enough torch (I have broken 2 out of 3 trying this myself on cracked pieces lol). I had a guy throw a new 14mm joint on my M&M tech bubbler mouthpiece for $20 while he was making a custom piece for me, you might be able to work a deal like that out with a local glass blower.
But this was for a hard to find, nice American made piece. it really doesn't make since to pay $20 to get a $35 bong fixed IMO.

Before repair
image2.jpg

After repair

12992937_1775753752646671_1040232138_n.jpg

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Am right up against trying to order my UFO and having an issue:

I have no credit, and no bank account (thanks, Wall St!); I use my wife's card, but we're close to the bone & cannot tolerate any shenanigans as a consequence of trying to buy something from China.

Looking into the pre-paid cards, they ALL say they can only be used in the USA, and I know that regional blocking is a genuine thing; not only that, but they explicitly block online use. They also charge you to load it (no biggie), but apparently also charge you $6 a month in perpetuity. That's not a "convenience" I can afford.

I recall folks talking about an alternative payment method they're comfortable with, but I can't find it in the thread (no kidding), and can't seem to identify it @ DHG. Would someone who's confronted/handled this please chime in? Don't mean to sound desperate, but I'm a mite desperate... ;)

And thanks!

@ClearBlueLou - If you find a smaller format bowl, will you please report back here? i need to find a good supply of "snapper bowls" or maybe just a better search term than snapper bowl.

I live in a medical state, and our flowers are plenty strong and very flavorful. I think a lot of the pleasure of glass goes down when the bowls get really big.

I would like a bowl that is exactly the size of a #2 pencil eraser with one tiny hole... Pinch style is personally too much drama to clean. I have an american made snapper, but its way too deep..Mine is more like a #2 pencil eraser and the metal part.

I never understood big bowls... those steven bowls look like they hold .75gram... .25 of that is going to taste really nice, the other .5 g is going to taste cashed. Maybe big bowls are from the shwag days? or maybe from the time when people purchased 5ft acrylic bongs and needed that much smoke to fill the tube?
You posted nearly the link yourself: OGB has just the bowls you're talking about (near as I can tell):

14mm_glass_barrel_one_hitter_snapper_low_profile_glass_on_glass__34dedb49.jpg

https://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/pr..._profile_glass_on_glass_/handmade/accessories

This one's low-profile ('clear part is ~1"'), but has non-shorties too, and other sizes, flared and unflared

14mm_glass_snapper_pinch_screen_flared__4003b31c_951743.jpg

this one's 18mm....

Last edited by a moderator:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@mrbonsai420 I love your jelly fish!

Thanks! I love glass art! The artist on both of the jellyfish is Richard (Rick) Satava out of Chico, Ca. Here are the 2 I have up close, He does some amazing work. Some of the other cool Marbles and paperweights that look like Coral next to it are from Josh Simpson who makes some really cool shit too! Sorry this post is off topic but at least it's pretty pics of glass lol.

10865236_631877123600789_1295651117_n.jpg

7B4C8141-FE6C-425F-803F-A119AD2F0E1F.jpg

9BFEFBEA-D4AD-411D-844D-A265B31774EA.jpg

Monsoon

Am right up against trying to order my UFO and having an issue:

I have no credit, and no bank account (thanks, Wall St!); I use my wife's card, but we're close to the bone & cannot tolerate any shenanigans as a consequence of trying to buy something from China.

Looking into the pre-paid cards, they ALL say they can only be used in the USA, and I know that regional blocking is a genuine thing; not only that, but they explicitly block online use. They also charge you to load it (no biggie), but apparently also charge you $6 a month in perpetuity. That's not a "convenience" I can afford.

I recall folks talking about an alternative payment method they're comfortable with, but I can't find it in the thread (no kidding), and can't seem to identify it @ DHG. Would someone who's confronted/handled this please chime in? Don't mean to sound desperate, but I'm a mite desperate... ;)

And thanks!
They accept Skrill too, not sure if that helps you. I think prepaid cards will work and they give you the option to pay directly in USD but I haven't used one so you should confirm first to be sure. Another good place to check is the /r/chinaglass sub on reddit.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
They accept Skrill too, not sure if that helps you. I think prepaid cards will work and they give you the option to pay directly in USD but I haven't used one so you should confirm first to be sure. Another good place to check is the /r/chinaglass sub on reddit.
Not sure if Skrill counts or not: BBB gives them a D- overall: lengthy holds on funds, lack of problem resolution - even lack of response entirely.

ClearBlueLou,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Judging by the content of the thread I think I'm in the right place?

Fellows and Ladies who use water pipes, can you please help me with an order I'm trying to put together for my Herbie?

I want to get this piece.... http://www.bakebros.com/14mm-fml-wp-bent-neck-swiss-hexacannon-w-matrix-perc-11-emerald/....And hook it up to my Herbie. I'd like some opinions on what's the best way to mate these two together. I think a tube connecting them would be optimal as the pipe will be moved a little bit on my desk.

MinnBobber

Fellows and Ladies who use water pipes, can you please help me with an order I'm trying to put together for my Herbie?

I want to get this piece.... http://www.bakebros.com/14mm-fml-wp-bent-neck-swiss-hexacannon-w-matrix-perc-11-emerald/....And hook it up to my Herbie. I'd like some opinions on what's the best way to mate these two together. I think a tube connecting them would be optimal as the pipe will be moved a little bit on my desk.
Gotcha covered on that:
----MFLB water whip which is tubing with a glass 14 mm male joint to mate to this 14 mm female joint bubbler.
Plus, you can use it as an alternate Herbie whip---I like the MFLB wooden piece next to the glass joint as it makes a sweet hand hold.
---- @Ratchett Delta 3D Studio and his V2 Herbie SONG. Silicone cover goes over your Herbie bowl and MFLB tube snap into it.
Note that SONG also allows you to match a hydratube to Herbie which is also a great combo.

Herbie + SONG + MFLB + Mobius Ion:
Herbie%20MFLB%20Ion.jpg

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Gotcha covered on that:
----MFLB water whip which is tubing with a glass 14 mm male joint to mate to this 14 mm female joint bubbler.
Plus, you can use it as an alternate Herbie whip---I like the MFLB wooden piece next to the glass joint as it makes a sweet hand hold.
---- @Ratchett Delta 3D Studio and his V2 Herbie SONG. Silicone cover goes over your Herbie bowl and MFLB tube snap into it.
Note that SONG also allows you to match a hydratube to Herbie which is also a great combo.

Herbie + SONG + MFLB + Mobius Ion:
Herbie%20MFLB%20Ion.jpg
That setup looks pretty good too me. I've known of @Ratchett and his lovely accessories for quite some time but haven't been able to find a use until now. Though this has me thinking I could get away with a large ID tubing that would fit over the stock Herbie stem (11.5 mm OD) and connect with a tubing to 14mm male adapter of some sort.

10mm male <=> 14mm male might work?

http://www.bakebros.com/14mm-male-to-10mm-male-straight-adapter-180/

PS: The Herbie won't be getting the pipe all to itself, I'm planning on ordering the Mighty CU mod :D

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
That setup looks pretty good too me. I've known of @Ratchett and his lovely accessories for quite some time but haven't been able to find a use until now. Though this has me thinking I could get away with a large ID tubing that would fit over the stock Herbie stem (11.5 mm OD) and connect with a tubing to 14mm male adapter of some sort.

10mm male <=> 14mm male might work?

http://www.bakebros.com/14mm-male-to-10mm-male-straight-adapter-180/

PS: The Herbie won't be getting the pipe all to itself, I'm planning on ordering the Mighty CU mod :D

FYI US Plastics also has nice Whip Tubing for about $1.50 a foot. You can slide that tubing, that magic flight tubing, or any tubing right over the CU mouthpiece on your Mighty. Although the MuzzMod is better this solution would work for both your Herbie and your Mighty. Please excuse my girlfriends butt, she thinks she's funny lol!

97F7EBB8-DF61-49A4-B002-6B8C60C54314.jpg

CameraNerd

OGB - and HE has your eraser-sized bowl.
I know this is going to sound picky, but thats still a little large... the average person at a smoking lounge can not handle that in one hit. Then they want to refuse the second half of the bowl, bexcause its gross.Also, those pinch bowls look cool, but they are a pain to clean. They also let too much ash into the water, and i thnk they just dont burn as well either. Mine tend to find the fastest path to a hole, and burn from the outside in, which doesnt let me clear it all with one hit as easily, because its not burning evenly. I like to service my snapper bowl with hot water and a q tip. (which means it needs a single hole at the bottom, not that pinch style... thats makes cleaning super fast/easy. I contacted ogb to make some custom stuff, but he basically blew it off... Maybe ill find somehting at hempcon today!

CameraNerd,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
FYI US Plastics also has nice Whip Tubing for about $1.50 a foot. You can slide that tubing, that magic flight tubing, or any tubing right over the CU mouthpiece on your Mighty. Although the MuzzMod is better this solution would work for both your Herbie and your Mighty. Please excuse my girlfriends butt, she thinks she's funny lol!

What's that bubbler? That's not an M&M Tech is it?

Right on the brink of ordering a UFO, but kind of like the looks of this one better.

Seems like your girlfriend is very funny! Nice cherries. For a second there I thought I clicked on the wrong bookmark! ;)

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
What's that bubbler? That's not an M&M Tech is it?

Right on the brink of ordering a UFO, but kind of like the looks of this one better.

Seems like your girlfriend is very funny! Nice cherries. For a second there I thought I clicked on the wrong bookmark! ;)

Yeah, She's cute and that's an M&M Tech Bubbler. I got it second hand dirt cheap on ebay (less than my FC-UFO) That is my best ebay find to date and my favorite bubbler. The FC-UFO is fantastic though and is definitely my favorite Chinese piece so you can't go wrong with either. I doubt you will find it for $30 but the M&M can still be found.

http://smokinjs.com/1'-Tall-Hand-Blown-Glass-Shower-Head-Glass-on-Glass-Bubbler-MMBB10/

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I pulled the trigger on the pipe I picked out and the 10mm M to 14mm M adapter. :D $204 CAD shipped to my door! I'm happy as I've been using my DIY setup for long enough that I know I'll like a proper piece. This 420 is coming along nicely.

PS: The BakeBros sale code is 420BAKESALE for 20% off

FYI US Plastics also has nice Whip Tubing for about $1.50 a foot. You can slide that tubing, that magic flight tubing, or any tubing right over the CU mouthpiece on your Mighty. Although the MuzzMod is better this solution would work for both your Herbie and your Mighty.

I went ahead and ordered 6 ft of 3/8" tubing from a Canadian Brewing company that was selling high grade high temp silicone. The price was reasonable and it avoids having to deal with duty and delays through customs.

I'd prefer to use the Mighty more like taking a bong toke than a constant source of vapour. I like to clear the whole thing after every hit to keep vapour condensation at a minimum. I think @Ratchett s CU mod V2 will suit my needs quite well. Otherwise I'll still be able to slip the tubing over the Mighty mouthpiece.

Please excuse my girlfriends butt, she thinks she's funny lol!

Ah but does the cameraman not pick the moment in which to take the shot?

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Yeah, She's cute and that's an M&M Tech Bubbler. I got it second hand dirt cheap on ebay (less than my FC-UFO) That is my best ebay find to date and my favorite bubbler. The FC-UFO is fantastic though and is definitely my favorite Chinese piece so you can't go wrong with either. I doubt you will find it for $30 but the M&M can still be found.

http://smokinjs.com/1'-Tall-Hand-Blown-Glass-Shower-Head-Glass-on-Glass-Bubbler-MMBB10/

That is a great eBay find!!! Thanks for the link. Nice, but think it makes the UFO look a little more attractive.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I pulled the trigger on the pipe I picked out and the 10mm M to 14mm M adapter. :D $204 CAD shipped to my door! I'm happy as I've been using my DIY setup for long enough that I know I'll like a proper piece. This 420 is coming along nicely.

PS: The BakeBros sale code is 420BAKESALE for 20% off

I went ahead and ordered 6 ft of 3/8" tubing from a Canadian Brewing company that was selling high grade high temp silicone. The price was reasonable and it avoids having to deal with duty and delays through customs.

I'd prefer to use the Mighty more like taking a bong toke than a constant source of vapour. I like to clear the whole thing after every hit to keep vapour condensation at a minimum. I think @Ratchett s CU mod V2 will suit my needs quite well. Otherwise I'll still be able to slip the tubing over the Mighty mouthpiece.

Ah but does the cameraman not pick the moment in which to take the shot?

She is a fast photobomber! Yeah I highly suggest the Ratchett mod too, it works great.

FD6724A1-3F20-4549-A884-2BE7364ECCAC.jpg

Top Bottom