Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Grizzly_Adams

Torch vapes all the way!
Can anybody recommend a good piece of glass that can handle a supreme 3 I have a YQ42 and it's getting the job done but want a little more variety in my collection :tup:

Grizzly_Adams,

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
I know this is going to sound picky, but thats still a little large... the average person at a smoking lounge can not handle that in one hit. Then they want to refuse the second half of the bowl, bexcause its gross.Also, those pinch bowls look cool, but they are a pain to clean. They also let too much ash into the water, and i thnk they just dont burn as well either. Mine tend to find the fastest path to a hole, and burn from the outside in, which doesnt let me clear it all with one hit as easily, because its not burning evenly. I like to service my snapper bowl with hot water and a q tip. (which means it needs a single hole at the bottom, not that pinch style... thats makes cleaning super fast/easy. I contacted ogb to make some custom stuff, but he basically blew it off... Maybe ill find somehting at hempcon today!
I'll keep what you said in mind - sorry that wasn't more useful.

ClearBlueLou,
Reactions: CameraNerd

BD9

Yeah, She's cute and that's an M&M Tech Bubbler. I got it second hand dirt cheap on ebay (less than my FC-UFO) That is my best ebay find to date and my favorite bubbler. The FC-UFO is fantastic though and is definitely my favorite Chinese piece so you can't go wrong with either. I doubt you will find it for $30 but the M&M can still be found.

http://smokinjs.com/1'-Tall-Hand-Blown-Glass-Shower-Head-Glass-on-Glass-Bubbler-MMBB10/

Hi Mr.Bonsai420, have you, or if anyone else wants to chime in, ordered from Smokinjs? That bubbler looks nice. Is it a Chinese piece? Do you happen to know the dimensions?
I wonder if my Vapor Brothers water adapter will work with this unit. I think I read the M&M has a 19mm bowl.

Thanks for any help.

BD9,

John Lewus

FYI US Plastics also has nice Whip Tubing for about $1.50 a foot. You can slide that tubing, that magic flight tubing, or any tubing right over the CU mouthpiece on your Mighty. Although the MuzzMod is better this solution would work for both your Herbie and your Mighty. Please excuse my girlfriends butt, she thinks she's funny lol!

97F7EBB8-DF61-49A4-B002-6B8C60C54314.jpg

Is your gf's name "combustion"? :rockon:

BD9

Anyone have thoughts on this? Purr Glass double bubbler with two fixed stems and made in California. $119.99, reasonably priced I guess.
I'm wondering how easy it would be to use with a Vape since the bowl is fixed.

http://www.purrsmoking.com/product/86/full-double-clear

Stats:
  • Push Bowl Design
  • Double Chambers
  • Overall Height: 7"
  • Back Base Diameter: 2"
  • Two Fixed Stems
  • Perc: Two Multi Slit Showerheads
  • Left Carb Hole
  • Label: Pürr Black
  • Made in California

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Anyone have thoughts on this? Purr Glass double bubbler with two fixed stems and made in California. $119.99, reasonably priced I guess.
I'm wondering how easy it would be to use with a Vape since the bowl is fixed.

It's not going to be that easy unless you can figure out some way of hooking up to the conical bowl. Most water pipes feature GonG connections that allow you to customize your bowl piece and sometimes your mouth piece as well.

YungLeaner

Hey, just received my Sunshine Store hydratube from @SSVUN~YAH and I'm honestly enjoying it quite a lot. It needs way too much water for the recycler to function very well, and kind of spits out the water into the second can like a lot of Chinese recyclers. That type of "spit" looking function is perhaps related to the percolator type, as I've noticed similar percolation in my FC UFO. Perhaps Sunshine Store could try the recycler concept with a matrix perc, something that more smoothly stacks bubbles into a second chamber, although the matrix flavor-robbing would kind of negate some of the appeal that surrounds using a recycler glass piece in the first place. Anyways, it's still a solid piece of glass! The perc itself functions flawlessly, and for those of us who've never owned a recycler its really exciting to own one, even a humble DHgate tube like this that only works about 60% correctly. It pairs very well and is stable on top of my FC UFO, will post pictures a bit later.
Overall I recommend it at the price. The glass itself is very clean on the welds and construction, and the function distinction is minimal in a practical sense and mostly based on my aesthetic sensibilities.
Note: I do NOT recommend it to be used on top of an Evo or an other vaporizer directly because it doesn't have a drain can like Evo tubes and you would be at high risk of pouring water into your vape. I suggest it with an FC UFO or something similar--I think modular bubblers are a must have for any bong-using vaporist. It expands the scientific collection and means that when your glass acquisition syndrome flares up after a rough day, the retail therapy can be an attachment'enhancer to the piece you own instead of something new altogether. It says something that I want another FC UFO more than any other piece I've had from China...Straight fab, beaker fab, DO20s, countless bubblers never felt as irreplaceable as the UFO.

ClearBlueLou

@BD9 - I love this!!!

I remember spending weeks trying to make something like this back in the 60s, using Welch's grape juice bottles (4oz? 6?), brass tubing, brass bells from India, corks & surgical tubing.

Failed miserably: scrounged materials, high-school kid, no science...STILL a cool idea!

ClearBlueLou

After all my twisting in the China wind, here come all the 4/20 sales (who knew?)

Currently contemplating these from Smoke Cartel:
"The Crusader" Double Chambered Bubbler with Detachable Showerhead Downstem
OR
https://www.smokecartel.com/products/stemless-inset-showerhead-perc-water-pipe-with-bent-neck/

...and these from "Brothers with Glass":
Biohazard Glass 13 In Showerhead Honeycomb Perc Martini Water Pipe
AND
Spend $101 - 150 - Pocket Hammer

They all look lovely, each ticket comes right to $110-113

Comments? Preferences? Alternates?
TIA, y'all!

ClearBlueLou,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

YungLeaner

After all my twisting in the China wind, here come all the 4/20 sales (who knew?)

Currently contemplating these from Smoke Cartel:
"The Crusader" Double Chambered Bubbler with Detachable Showerhead Downstem
OR
https://www.smokecartel.com/products/stemless-inset-showerhead-perc-water-pipe-with-bent-neck/

...and these from "Brothers with Glass":
Biohazard Glass 13 In Showerhead Honeycomb Perc Martini Water Pipe
AND
Spend $101 - 150 - Pocket Hammer

They all look lovely, each ticket comes right to $110-113

Comments? Preferences? Alternates?
TIA, y'all!
The double chamber is the only one out of those links that I would get. Hammer bubblers with push bowls are not easily modded for vaporizer use and the other two are both rebrands from DHgate i believe

ClearBlueLou

Actually, I dropped the hammer on the free-hammer-with-purchase option

never used anything like either one - the Purr has a real nice look to it,
BWG-PURR420-2-2.jpg

I could see it being my go-to for combustion

BWG-BIOWPGG05401-2.jpg

guess I'll get to explore the mysteries that are bongs - and find out "the truth" about dabs v flowers

really liked the look of the double-chamber but not looking to vape thru glass any time soon, and the BWG deal was unbeatable

ClearBlueLou,
Reactions: BD9

YungLeaner

Actually, I dropped the hammer on the free-hammer-with-purchase option

never used anything like either one - the Purr has a real nice look to it,
BWG-PURR420-2-2.jpg

I could see it being my go-to for combustion

BWG-BIOWPGG05401-2.jpg

guess I'll get to explore the mysteries that are bongs - and find out "the truth" about dabs v flowers

really liked the look of the double-chamber but not looking to vape thru glass any time soon, and the BWG deal was unbeatable
Oh, I didn't see that the bubbler was a free gift, that's a pretty good deal. I wouldn't sneer at vaping through water though-- have yet to hit a vaporizer that didn't improve in efficacy and fun when properly mated with a water pipe.

Monsoon

Ugh, seems my GAS has returned. I'm still waiting for the CCG-FTK to ship but I decided to order this one and got a tracking number within a few hours.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/2015-new-bong-glass-water-pipe-glass-bong/247499638.html

8.2%22inches%20glass%20bong%20High%20quality%20complex%20perc%20recycler%20water%20pipe%2014.5mm%20joint%20Female%20have%20high%20quality%20bowl.jpg

I've had my eye on this one for awhile so I snapped it up. Forget whether the reviews here were positive, but for a piece like this I think it largely depends on whether the blower does mine correctly or not. I wouldn't pay much more for it though.

I've got my eye on a few other pieces too. I must say I'm pretty impressed with how fast the sellers have evolved in their capabilities, I think it was just a year ago that the decent Fab Eggs started showing up and there's even more elaborate stuff coming out now. Some of it's zany and functionally poor but A for Effort anyway, lol.

Ugh, seems my GAS has returned. I'm still waiting for the CCG-FTK to ship but I decided to order this one and got a tracking number within a few hours.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/2015-new-bong-glass-water-pipe-glass-bong/247499638.html

8.2%22inches%20glass%20bong%20High%20quality%20complex%20perc%20recycler%20water%20pipe%2014.5mm%20joint%20Female%20have%20high%20quality%20bowl.jpg

I've had my eye on this one for awhile so I snapped it up. Forget whether the reviews here were positive, but for a piece like this I think it largely depends on whether the blower does mine correctly or not. I wouldn't pay much more for it though.

I've got my eye on a few other pieces too. I must say I'm pretty impressed with how fast the sellers have evolved in their capabilities, I think it was just a year ago that the decent Fab Eggs started showing up and there's even more elaborate stuff coming out now. Some of it's zany and functionally poor but A for Effort anyway, lol.
I have that same piece on the way!! Should be here within a week

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi Mr.Bonsai420, have you, or if anyone else wants to chime in, ordered from Smokinjs? That bubbler looks nice. Is it a Chinese piece? Do you happen to know the dimensions?
I wonder if my Vapor Brothers water adapter will work with this unit. I think I read the M&M has a 19mm bowl.

Thanks for any help.

Yeah, I ordered from them a while back and it arrived well packed in less than a week, free shipping. And no, It's not Chinese. M&M Tech is an American glass company and I believe that was one of the pieces the Leviathan formerly of FC designed while he was with M&M tech. This and the Lattice (FC) bubb were his designs, both perfect for vaporizers. It is an 18.8mm female joint so yes that's what you are looking for. It's about a foot tall, It's got great action and pull, plus you can rotate the mouthpiece and it's the perfect shape, even @ataxian would approve of it! It is a bit more than a Chinese piece but you won't see a Showerhead perc that pretty on a Chinese piece either!

D810E060-8BA0-4A93-BA1E-668E532A9E47.jpg

AF098B74-C676-4F8C-883B-DB2AAE3D22E9.jpg

I have been wanting to try that piece, looks like the same nice quality as the little mini fab 7.4". Please post your thoughts as soon as you get it! You too @Cannabis Connoisseur ;). I have a new little 14mm female shower head that just came in from Kraze glass. It's a really nice tiny side arm with a nice small showerhead. Downstem is signed which is a nice touch, especially for $20!! It's not super thick glass but it hits really nice for oils. Haven't tried it with flowers yet but I will and will report back with pics.

I have yet ANOTHER FC-UFO coming, I keep giving them away, they are just so nice for the money! Everyone acts like I am giving them a $300 piece of glass lol. That ought to keep my GaS at bay for a moment but it is a sneaky obsession!

ClearBlueLou

I wouldn't sneer at vaping through water though-- have yet to hit a vaporizer that didn't improve in efficacy and fun when properly mated with a water pipe.
I'm not sneering at it; I've never been a satisfied vaper, is all. My bro had a vapor brothers, and I confess, I never enjoyed trying to get high that way, never really felt like it worked.

Could just be habit... :cool: working w/ a sub-ohm tank, which only seems to put me to sleep, so far.
Still open to 'evolving' on the topic.

ClearBlueLou,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I'm not sneering at it; I've never been a satisfied vaper, is all. My bro had a vapor brothers, and I confess, I never enjoyed trying to get high that way, never really felt like it worked.

Could just be habit... :cool: working w/ a sub-ohm tank, which only seems to put me to sleep, so far.

Wow, I went through this for about 15 years @ClearBlueLou. I JUST stopped smoking completely in November and I don't miss it at all!! I was an all day, everyday smoker for 25 years who loved the rituals and routines of smoking. I honestly never thought I would quit rolling joints and smoking herb!! Let me tell you a little about my journey and maybe that will help you take a week to make the plunge and adjust. It's worth it!

I purchased a "box" style vaporizer many years ago when I got the first urge to "Quit smoking" and start vaping. That was a no go and I felt joints got me so much higher and were just as efficient (neither were at all lol)
So that lead me to the VaporTower. Not much hype on that one years ago, but it was decent. It was an upgraded box vape with a hollow ceramic rod that got as hot as you wanted it to, and an upward facing bowl and a whip with 2 screens sandwiched together. It sort of reminded me of a whip style Volcano (which I wanted but couldn't afford back then). It gave satisfying hits and got me very stoned! But it was a different high and with most of my smoking taking place on the road, vaping was still a novelty. (I should try this vape now with a DDave mod, I bet it STILL rips )

So many years later I gave it another shot with the Pax 1. Now I did like this thing and it got some use, but it wasn't enough to make my stop smoking weed altogether. It's bowl was too big and too much draw resistance to be perfect for me and like you said, I always got "higher" with a joint.

Well a few years passed and was getting into dabbing and enails, so that led me here to these fine folks. After discussing the Liger hybrid nail and other concentrate devices I started researching the different vaporizers. This time I didn't go in trying to quit, I went in trying to find even MORE ways to enjoy the fantastic flower I get these days.
So I bought an Underdog and a Haze V3.0. I was so into playing with my 2 new toys that I just didn't smoke for about a week while I vaped everyday playing with my 2 sweet new toys! Well after a week I was over at a friends house and rolled a joint...YUK I thought to myself! I asked my buddy if that weed tasted like shit and he said no, it's fantastic. Then it hit me, I don't like smoking anymore. I continued to smoke that joint but it wasn't nearly as enjoyable as it was a week earlier? Something happened in that week of non-combustion that I really can't explain. Before that week it seemed like I was getting higher smoking, but after that week there was no comparison! I got SO MUCH HIGHER vaping and it was so much more flavorful and enjoyable. I was amazed at this revelation and wondered why this epiphany had never hit me like this before?
I honestly think it takes at least a week to purge your system of the toxins and carcinogens to be able to feel the benefits of vaping. And trust me, you will get higher off of the same exact weed after the transition. Take it from a very heavy tolerance user, concentrates and vaping are definitely the way to medicate. I enjoy my beautiful crystal laden flowers so much more now! If someone tried to catch them on fire I would feel like they were wasting it.

YungLeaner

Didn't mean to sound annoyed or rude. But I went from about 1oz of weed and 2 grams of wax (really, not kidding) smoked and dabbed every week all the way down to about 5-7g of weed a week, no wax, and significantly improved highs and general function.
I don't think you need a tolerance break to appreciate vaping through water or anything. But the VB1 is honestly pretty outdated tech. Hit an Herbalizer, Cloud Evo, any of the Log Vapes, even a Boundless CFX through a bong with good weed packed...and there's really nothing like it.
I wish I had more logic and science to back me up but all I have is really strong feelings about vapor-bonging haha:mental:

ClearBlueLou

Wow, I went through this for about 15 years @ClearBlueLou. I JUST stopped smoking completely in November and I don't miss it at all!! I was an all day, everyday smoker for 25 years who loved the rituals and routines of smoking. I honestly never thought I would quit rolling joints and smoking herb!! Let me tell you a little about my journey and maybe that will help you take a week to make the plunge and adjust. It's worth it!

I purchased a "box" style vaporizer many years ago when I got the first urge to "Quit smoking" and start vaping. That was a no go and I felt joints got me so much higher and were just as efficient (neither were at all lol)
So that lead me to the VaporTower. Not much hype on that one years ago, but it was decent. It was an upgraded box vape with a hollow ceramic rod that got as hot as you wanted it to, and an upward facing bowl and a whip with 2 screens sandwiched together. It sort of reminded me of a whip style Volcano (which I wanted but couldn't afford back then). It gave satisfying hits and got me very stoned! But it was a different high and with most of my smoking taking place on the road, vaping was still a novelty. (I should try this vape now with a DDave mod, I bet it STILL rips )

So many years later I gave it another shot with the Pax 1. Now I did like this thing and it got some use, but it wasn't enough to make my stop smoking weed altogether. It's bowl was too big and too much draw resistance to be perfect for me and like you said, I always got "higher" with a joint.

Well a few years passed and was getting into dabbing and enails, so that led me here to these fine folks. After discussing the Liger hybrid nail and other concentrate devices I started researching the different vaporizers. This time I didn't go in trying to quit, I went in trying to find even MORE ways to enjoy the fantastic flower I get these days.
So I bought an Underdog and a Haze V3.0. I was so into playing with my 2 new toys that I just didn't smoke for about a week while I vaped everyday playing with my 2 sweet new toys! Well after a week I was over at a friends house and rolled a joint...YUK I thought to myself! I asked my buddy if that weed tasted like shit and he said no, it's fantastic. Then it hit me, I don't like smoking anymore. I continued to smoke that joint but it wasn't nearly as enjoyable as it was a week earlier? Something happened in that week of non-combustion that I really can't explain. Before that week it seemed like I was getting higher smoking, but after that week there was no comparison! I got SO MUCH HIGHER vaping and it was so much more flavorful and enjoyable. I was amazed at this revelation and wondered why this epiphany had never hit me like this before?
I honestly think it takes at least a week to purge your system of the toxins and carcinogens to be able to feel the benefits of vaping. And trust me, you will get higher off of the same exact weed after the transition. Take it from a very heavy tolerance user, concentrates and vaping are definitely the way to medicate. I enjoy my beautiful crystal laden flowers so much more now! If someone tried to catch them on fire I would feel like they were wasting it.
First things first: CONGRATULATIONS on being smoke-free
not a completely unfamiliar story, with compressions and expansions...

I started out - and remain - a completely hopeless joint-roller; typically I learn fast and can get wicked good at things in short time, but not this. Pipes have always been my weapon of choice, and one-hitters/bats/tiny-chillums/whatevertheyare. Like you, I've been a regular daily consumer since '80, and have enjoyed the accumulation of skills and practices, my ways of going about it all, the knowledge base acquired and refined.

Somewhere in there, vaporizers...and while I understood the concepts & application, I just couldn't dial in the process or the hardware (lack of hands-on time, I'm sure - hands-on, one way or another, is required to be any good at anything). Plus, they were expensive & I had a kid in college, but still: pipe or joint or one-hit or shotgun, all good.

Comes e-cigs, and I caught on REAL fast, but I seemed to be the only one around here - and again expensive AND confusing, BUT it opened the door to the magickal world of extracts and concentrates. I learn and I do, as is the way of my people ( ;) ) - and discover along the way that I have no way to non-combust ANY of this stuff...which is what brought me here.

My first step away from the match was my sub-ohm rig. It is a self-contained starter kit with a big tank, and I bought it expecting that I could get this whole e-juice'n' tincture thing dialed in quick and be done.... HA. Still mostly work-in-progress, so that can't be my go-to, but it's a nice unit, I've gotten fairly comfortable with it, and I've been able to cut way back on tobacco, too, so just letting that happen.

By this point, smoking anything sets off way more coughing than I feel like dealing with anymore, so I HAVE to stop, or at least change HOW I do things ASAP, so yet another trek up Mt. Learning Curve to Vape Peak (or is it 'peak vape'?)...aaaand it's too steep right now, need to give my lungs some rest. I put vape research on hold, pulled myself away to search for a simple, flexible, serviceable, CHEAP piece of glass that won't drive me crazy & give me at least an adequate and effective alternative. Got wound a little too tight over it, too, messed with my perspective. The 420 celebrations/sales kinda broke the spell, and I was able to re-conceive my needs and see a different solution.

So for me, this recent glass chase has been an essential first step to getting the rest done. At the very least, I can toke well-filtered leaf-burn while I work out new ways with extracts and my new toys, and get a little healthier and more comfortable while I sort things out. And, now that the shopping is done, the dithering and circular thinking is behind me.

I really do feel like i lucked out tremendously on the 4/20 sale - hope everyone finds something that gives them some excitement and anticipation like I'm feeling. One thing about this is I've learned that not all glass is crazy expensive and crazy delicate. I really must credit the folks here @ FC: y'all're a hip crowd, well-mannered and well-informed. I've learned A TON since I arrived, and I can feel that learning-curve rush coming on as my packages get closer..... Eventually, there will be a vapor apotheosis (I hope!) - I may be actively investigating now, but I still see and hear and read; it'll all be put to use.

Thanks for sharing your story with me, I enjoyed it so much I made my own...:rockon:

Oh, I wanted to add on the 'getting more high' thing, it seems tiny doses of almost any mixture of fume and/or tincture and/or oil gets me THE MOST blasted, hands down, every time, compared to almost any quantity of any one. Too early to tell about shades of distinction & such but I plan on looking into it....

====

Didn't mean to sound annoyed or rude. But I went from about 1oz of weed and 2 grams of wax (really, not kidding) smoked and dabbed every week all the way down to about 5-7g of weed a week, no wax, and significantly improved highs and general function.
I don't think you need a tolerance break to appreciate vaping through water or anything. But the VB1 is honestly pretty outdated tech. Hit an Herbalizer, Cloud Evo, any of the Log Vapes, even a Boundless CFX through a bong with good weed packed...and there's really nothing like it.
I wish I had more logic and science to back me up but all I have is really strong feelings about vapor-bonging haha:mental:
Not at all - I didn't take it amiss - didn't want to give the wrong impression, myself. We are good!
even with my mad-kitchen-science approach to these things, I have noticed greatly improved mileage when extracts are in play (a honey drop on a one-hit are great for that :cool:). I expect that with better tools further improvement is possible.

Definitely taking notes on the vapes & issues and tech, just not focused on it for now. Thanks for all your comments!

Last edited:
Top Bottom