Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I like that, not meaning to burst your bubble but that too is a Chinese rig I believe. Unfortunately he and other sellers are misrepresenting things as US glass but that one is one of the new Banger Hanger styles you can find mass produced in China out of colored glass. This ebay seller sells most of that guys stuff for around $80 and he will probably take $50, plus they are a lot less if you buy 10-20. That being said it is pretty and if the function is good who cares where it was made. As long as you don't pay extra thinking it was US when it's Chinese...

I just bought 7 new Chinese rigs, all that cost more than that so don't feel bad! lol I love Chinese glass.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Banger-Hang...405693?hash=item281f467f7d:g:Ib4AAOSwFe5XxOL7

http://www.ebay.com/sch/friendlyservicesales1/m.html?item=172323405693&hash=item281f467f7d:g:Ib4AAOSwFe5XxOL7&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
Yeah, I think you're right, actually. Well, we will see how happy I am with it. :) I hope I like it! I should have checked with y'all before buying! I KNEW it!
Hey, if it looks like it does in the photo I'll be happy. If it's close, it's all good. I'm still excited to get it.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
why did you end up buying so many kleins? lol you have a klein for every day of the week, they look great ! are those kleins mega mai tai or double mai tai?

They are Mega Mai Tai, the Straight fab is Double Mai Tai. And I am only keeping 1 of each color and a few others are for friends. But I might have 1 or 2 to get rid of depending. I really loved the function and look on the first one I got so I bought every one he had! lol. Especially when he told me he couldn't ever sell them online himself.

Last edited:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
why can't he sell them himself? seems odd
some deal with a US glass company (TaG glass I believe) he told me. I think he makes a lot of their glass and that one is too close in design to their special order klein. He can't undercut them on DH gate with a product very close for around $135 to one they are claiming a $270 retail . And since they are a huge client he wants to keep them happy.

Last edited:

djurodjakovic

@mrbonsai,

can you explain a bit this about OGB? what is that, a glass blower in the states maybe?
I'm in EU so buying from US is problematic because of shipping fees and also there is a potential problem with customs.

I can't believe that there are all kind of shapes and dimensions of glass pieces from eBay and DHGate, but this particular is nowhere to be found :-(.

I have another option that I'll try:
http://www.dhgate.com/product/whole...rop-down-adapter/388282422.html#mfavit-2-null
,but I was hopping for those 90 degree elbow connections so I can use original bridge adapter.

djurodjakovic,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
MMMM, First hit off of the Mega Mai Tai Klein. So fucking smooth. And so pretty!

935FA82D-7D26-4044-A97F-8185EBA1B940_zps08xgoory.jpg

9EB04EB8-3E1C-42F4-BC76-CFC5C85DBEF7_zpsl7i7pz7f.jpg

B3D322B8-6D31-4016-B459-996480D33F7B_zpsswvjacfl.jpg

@mrbonsai,

can you explain a bit this about OGB? what is that, a glass blower in the states maybe?
I'm in EU so buying from US is problematic because of shipping fees and also there is a potential problem with customs.

I can't believe that there are all kind of shapes and dimensions of glass pieces from eBay and DHGate, but this particular is nowhere to be found :-(.

I have another option that I'll try:
http://www.dhgate.com/product/whole...rop-down-adapter/388282422.html#mfavit-2-null
,but I was hopping for those 90 degree elbow connections so I can use original bridge adapter.

Yes, That will work for you as well, I almost linked you that. The heights may be a little off but if you put the cap or reclaim catcher on the other (top) side that will do the trick. And yes, OGB is a US glass blower that will make any adapter you can think of. Just tell him what you want and he can make it if he doesn't already have it.

http://oregonglassblower.com/

Last edited:

abby

Whats the thickest chinese glass you guys know of? I'm looking to buy a smallish beaker/tube or a sidecar bubbler or something. Glass has to be as thick as chinese glass gets. Budget is ideally under $50. To be used with arizer solo/air.

Also, is there any point getting a recycler for the arizer vapes? Does the recycling actually happen or is the draw restriction too much?

Last edited:
abby,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Any recommandations for cheap illuminati rigs, espescially from China?
Dont like the simple coloured ones so much but I'm interested in payable illuminati stuff.

Last edited:
Hogni,
Reactions: ataxian

George1151

Whats the thickest chinese glass you guys know of? I'm looking to buy a smallish beaker/tube or a sidecar bubbler or something. Glass has to be as thick as chinese glass gets. Budget is ideally under $50. To be used with arizer solo/air.

Also, is there any point getting a recycler for the arizer vapes? Does the recycling actually happen or is the draw restriction too much?

@abby don't have a lot of glass but I asked a similar question when I got my first piece and I have been very happy with it. I got the D020-D from SUnshine Store on Dhgate. I use it with a Haze and it's perfect. No pronlems with the thickness and size is perfect. I use flower.

MoltenTiger

https://www.thickassglass.com/products/tag-8-5-klein-us-33-schott-boro

These are the hemping Kleins right? It was mentioned he made some for tag.
I would guess they're not, there are small differences between his kleins and those TAG ones (can restriction style, mouthpiece, perc slits). Though it's possible, we don't actually know if Zhang is blowing for TAG or not, it is fair to assume there's a similarly sized US vendor he's supplying, but who knows which one.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
https://www.thickassglass.com/products/tag-8-5-klein-us-33-schott-boro

These are the hemping Kleins right? It was mentioned he made some for tag.

There are some differences although I also see similarities, I don't know if those were made by an artist in his glass shop or not? I don't know exactly who all he deals with in the states. I just knew something made him pull those Kleins off of DH gate very fast so I asked him about it. He said it was a conflict of interest and his largest US re-seller, they felt he was undercutting their sales with a similar design for much less. I asked if the company in question was "Tag" and he said yes but it could have been lost in translation because he also buys Tag glass rods! lol (Trautman art glass). Who knows? I can post you plenty of pics of the Hemping though! They are all bad ass rigs and pretty much my favorites right now as you can see lol.

E1544D03-2160-40CE-94B2-9F512398F2E7_zpsvuldszek.jpg

ED68CBD3-FC06-44F2-806C-B2B7BF059011_zpsjfvonvbw.jpg

935FA82D-7D26-4044-A97F-8185EBA1B940_zps08xgoory.jpg

9EB04EB8-3E1C-42F4-BC76-CFC5C85DBEF7_zpsl7i7pz7f.jpg

E20BF1D4-99A9-4157-AB91-57BE8D658FF8_zpssfwlbge8.jpg

509D7056-0E08-478C-918F-5C43220C1DEB_zpsd7kfc8fg.jpg

wolfJflywheel

Hey FCers. I'm back.

Wish I could jump on the Joda fanboy train now that I've received the gong. The coloring on the gong looks nice and overall it seems nicely made, but unfortunately the thing has a pretty undeniable flaw in its function.

The stem designed to hold the enano has a ring around the lip that isn't present on standard enano screens. The ring causes the vape to not seat properly. Here you can see a comparison of standard stems vs. Joda's. Joda's looks more like a mouthpiece than a gong to me.
QcqG9P6.jpg

If I leave the piece on a table and hold the power cord in my lap to offset the weight of it I can get the enano to balance upright on the gong. However, if I try to move the piece at all or pass it to a friend the vape ends up getting off balance and smacking people in the bridge of the nose when they go to hit the piece.

This is what happens any time I move or pass the piece:
LHhMjMZ.jpg

Not only does this make the thing a pain to hit and a pain to pass, but I also worry about it slowly loosening and potentially breaking the center tube in the enano. Since it causes the enano to wobble around a lot each time it is passed, I worry that it is causing unnecessary stress where the inner tube meets the outer tube in the vape. Luckily the enano is pretty sturdy, but I'm still concerned.

The entire reason I wanted a carbed gong was to simplify the process of passing the enano in a circle of people who aren't familiar with clearing it. Unfortunately the wobbliness of the gong just makes it more confusing for people, so we're back to warning our guests how not to burn themselves while pulling the standard gongs.

Hopefully this is just a bad gong and not all of Joda's gongs will behave this way.
Either way, I can't recommend him for this type of custom work.

If you still want to place a custom order with him I say go for it, just be patient and hopefully you'll be luckier than me.

There are some differences although I also see similarities, I don't know if those were made by an artist in his glass shop or not? I don't know exactly who all he deals with in the states. I just knew something made him pull those Kleins off of DH gate very fast so I asked him about it. He said it was a conflict of interest and his largest US re-seller, they felt he was undercutting their sales with a similar design for much less. I asked if the company in question was "Tag" and he said yes but it could have been lost in translation because he also buys Tag glass rods! lol (Trautman art glass). Who knows? I can post you plenty of pics of the Hemping though! They are all bad ass rigs and pretty much my favorites right now as you can see lol.

Beautiful collection there Mr. Bonsai! I think I might have the one mega mai tai recycler that you didn't snatch up. I managed to pull the trigger on it right before he switched the minimum order quantity to 5 pieces. It's really too bad that he isn't able to sell more designs through DHG. I've been asking him about his TAG pieces and some other designs for quite some time now.

Mod note: posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
wolfJflywheel,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hey FCers. I'm back.

Wish I could jump on the Joda fanboy train now that I've received the gong.
PLkV4VI.jpg

Back on track!
CHEAP GLASS can relax you!
GonG's are lame and break!
This GonG is broke however still I make it work!
I broke all my JODA GonG's so I just get stock ones!
One GonG a week? (stupid I know it's only me?)
I have the best work from www.oregonglassblower.com (misspelled most likely?)
They make some carbed pieces.

Last edited:

wolfJflywheel

PLkV4VI.jpg

Back on track!
CHEAP GLASS can relax you!
GonG's are lame and break!
This GonG is broke however still I make it work!
I broke all my JODA GonG's so I just get stock ones!
One GonG a week? (stupid I know it's only me?)
I have the best work from www.oregonglassblower.com (misspelled most likely?)
They make some carbed pieces.

I love a good gong, it just has to fit right. I'll just be sticking with the originals.
I'm probably going to get a small carbed 14mm to 14mm from OGB.
He's got reasonable prices and was very helpful when I needed a replacement mouthpiece.

Just out of curiosity ataxian, did your Joda gongs have that same lip on them that made the piece wobble or was that just mine?

wolfJflywheel,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I love a good gong, it just has to fit right. I'll just be sticking with the originals.
I'm probably going to get a small carbed 14mm to 14mm from OGB.
He's got reasonable prices and was very helpful when I needed a replacement mouthpiece.

Just out of curiosity ataxian, did your Joda gongs have that same lip on them that made the piece wobble or was that just mine?
Just move on! (Q.A.) QUALITY ASSURANCE is needed!
Just keep it functional.
BLING your transportant/house/clothes/real art

I like cheap low income glass because I break it so much!

Last edited:
Top Bottom