Cheap High Quality Bubbler

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have a really good job and my family is here. Plus I get top notch medical grade of everything for the same price or less than if I was in a medical state, so I'm not missing out on anything. Legality has never been my #1 concern in life anyway although it would be nice lol.
If every cannabis user just moved to the already legal states those few states would be VERY over populated. We need to just keep the trend going and make it happen in EVERY state!
Work is over rated!

CalyxSmokr

am I crazy or is that pinched off too much where the stem enters the ball?

rBVaEFgNwgeAVV9zAAIZzoVHWmw750.jpg

YungLeaner

am I crazy or is that pinched off too much where the stem enters the ball?

rBVaEFgNwgeAVV9zAAIZzoVHWmw750.jpg
Yeah the shaping on this is super wonky, I wouldn't touch it for $170, looks like the work of a glassblower who took on a project beyond his talent level. I'm glad to see the Chinese pipe-makers expanding their horizons, for sure. I for one would love some nice & clean line work on DHgate rigs.

wildything

Yeah, probably. Hard to tell in the pics. I wouldn't buy anything for that much without a function video period. Looks like it could be pretty thin too but I don't know.
othership_glass on instagram sells a lot of dhgate glass and I believe he had these built himself as a replica of an american made that was clear. He said 300 when I asked how much for the purple and yellow ball rigs.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
My how this thread has evolved and changed. It used to be cheap was under $50. Now it looks like it's $150-300??! :myday:

There is still an interest in cheaper scientific stuff but most of us here already have those in our collection. So now I'm concentrating on a little higher end stuff. (NOT actual high end stuff yet...)
And I guess It all relative? $150 is damn cheap for US colored quality boro rigs. I just bid on a little banger hanger on IG and lost it. I just watched a simple little piece I wanted go on IG for over $600. That was for a little 6 inch mini tube banger, nothing special. Most colored nice functioning pieces made by US artists are $1k+ everywhere I look.

There is still an interest in cheaper scientific stuff but most of us here already have those in our collection. So now I'm concentrating on a little higher end stuff. (NOT actual high end stuff yet...)
And I guess It all relative? $150 is damn cheap for US colored quality boro rigs. I just bid on a little banger hanger on IG and lost it. I just watched a simple little piece I wanted go on IG for over $600. That was for a little 6 inch mini tube banger, nothing special. Most colored nice functioning pieces made by US artists are $1k+ everywhere I look.
You need to commission JodaGlass FC's own heady glassblower

I got this from @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd (JoDa Glassworks) for less than some of these janky looking Chinese rigs. :horse:That said, I still have a janky Chinese rig or 2 . :D
cP3QH5q.jpg
When it comes to banger hangers he's got the best bang for the buck!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
htUbTjh.jpg

@syrupy remember @mrbonsai420 is entitled to his opinion!
I knew there might be a day when cheap glass would end.

I paid less than $40.00 for this setup.

those were good day's long gone by!

Just stay CIVILIZED!

muffdoc

My fav's have been my sub $30 finds.With the Nano I'm finding smaller tools work better than the bigger ones. I still love the kick of my FC-187 or of the D020, but my Toro combo are fun too, and I've noticed oil rigs don't like restriction.

Last edited:
muffdoc,
Reactions: ataxian

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
My fav's have been my sub $30 finds.With the Nano I'm finding smaller tools work better than the bigger ones. I still love the kick of my FC-187 or of the D020, but my Toro combo are fun too, and I've noticed oil rigs don't like restriction.

I've generally gone with very small, simple oil rigs in the past, but I found I like the small amount of restriction present in a rig like Steven's mini Torus. Got one of these lollipop carb caps, from topglass, but Adelaide has them too. Should work well with a grail, also a banger if you tilt it slightly to allow for airflow. I like caps with dabber combos. This one is about 5" long, solid, and the maria on the dabber keeps the tip off the deck, if you set it down.
OwVMls5.jpg

Modnote: Edited to display image

Last edited by a moderator:

wolfJflywheel

You need to commission JodaGlass FC's own heady glassblower

It seems like Joda has switched his focus to larger batches of prodo pieces.

I understand why he's focusing on prodo batches over commissioned pieces, considering he has to deal less with negotiations and can just focus on churning out a big batch for a large lump payment.

That said, I personally can't recommend Joda for commissioned pieces at the moment.

I commissioned a relatively simple enano gong with a carb from him after reading so many positive posts about his custom work. We worked out the details and I made the payment over 3 weeks ago. He was supposed to ship it out over 2 weeks ago (Monday the 10th to be exact). First it was postponed because the joint cracked, and he had to wait for replacement joints. Then when the joints finally arrived (he was already over a week late at this point) he put my order on the back burner because he had a large batch order that he had to travel for. Last time I heard from him was over a week ago now and I've been waiting 4 days for him to respond to my last message asking when he thinks he'll be able to ship it. I've asked him several times since the joint cracked for a photo of the work he has done and he has ignored that part of my messages consistently, so I'm curious as to whether he's actually even started on it.

He has offered to refund me several times due to the long wait. However, considering I haven't gotten a response in 4 days, my choices at this point are to either wait an indeterminate amount of time to receive the piece or wait an indeterminate amount of time for him to issue a refund. Considering how long I've already had to wait I figure I'll just wait until he delivers and keep my fingers crossed that he at least delivers a good product in the end.

TL;DR I can't yet speak to the quality of Joda's commissioned work, but I advise you not to trust his time estimates if you do decide to place a custom order with him. If he gets a bigger order after you make your payment, expect to be placed on the back burner indefinitely.

Hopefully, whenever he does deliver, I'll be able to give a glowing review on the quality of his work.
But currently, I just feel disrespected that he couldn't take 30 minutes to fix the joint and mail the piece out to me before leaving for his business trip, especially considering he was already over a week late.

My apologies for the rant.

wolfJflywheel,
Reactions: YungLeaner

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
BhlTXo8.jpg

Most glass I have is less than $40.
My CUSTOM pieces are more like $350 on up!
I am a glass breaker so these piece are CIVILIZED for my abuse.
Clean glass helps.

It seems like Joda has switched his focus to larger batches of prodo pieces.

I understand why he's focusing on prodo batches over commissioned pieces, considering he has to deal less with negotiations and can just focus on churning out a big batch for a large lump payment.

That said, I personally can't recommend Joda for commissioned pieces at the moment.

I commissioned a relatively simple enano gong with a carb from him after reading so many positive posts about his custom work. We worked out the details and I made the payment over 3 weeks ago. He was supposed to ship it out over 2 weeks ago (Monday the 10th to be exact). First it was postponed because the joint cracked, and he had to wait for replacement joints. Then when the joints finally arrived (he was already over a week late at this point) he put my order on the back burner because he had a large batch order that he had to travel for. Last time I heard from him was over a week ago now and I've been waiting 4 days for him to respond to my last message asking when he thinks he'll be able to ship it. I've asked him several times since the joint cracked for a photo of the work he has done and he has ignored that part of my messages consistently, so I'm curious as to whether he's actually even started on it.

He has offered to refund me several times due to the long wait. However, considering I haven't gotten a response in 4 days, my choices at this point are to either wait an indeterminate amount of time to receive the piece or wait an indeterminate amount of time for him to issue a refund. Considering how long I've already had to wait I figure I'll just wait until he delivers and keep my fingers crossed that he at least delivers a good product in the end.

TL;DR I can't yet speak to the quality of Joda's commissioned work, but I advise you not to trust his time estimates if you do decide to place a custom order with him. If he gets a bigger order after you make your payment, expect to be placed on the back burner indefinitely.

Hopefully, whenever he does deliver, I'll be able to give a glowing review on the quality of his work.
But currently, I just feel disrespected that he couldn't take 30 minutes to fix the joint and mail the piece out to me before leaving for his business trip, especially considering he was already over a week late.

My apologies for the rant.
I believe this comment should've been in a P.M. This comment has the potential to deter possible future customers of @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd. I personally have been doing business with him for quite some time and have numerous purchases from him. I've always got top notch business from him. When placing "CUSTOM" orders patience is key! Someone's making something from scratch, that's an ART! It'd be different if he was on this page to defend himself!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I believe this comment should've been in a P.M. This comment has the potential to deter possible future customers of @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd. I personally have been doing business with him for quite some time and have numerous purchases from him. I've always got top notch business from him. When placing "CUSTOM" orders patience is key! Someone's making something from scratch, that's an ART! It'd be different if he was on this page to defend himself!
I break glass more than you!
Your awesome!
You collection must be superior to anyone on this planet!

If I did not have ataxia I would want your life!

wolfJflywheel

^^ Much more kind and concise that what was bouncing around in my head. Thanks @Cannabis Connoisseur !

You guys are more than welcome to hate me for my comment, but all I'm doing is sharing my personal experience. That's what forums are generally for. I understand that custom work takes time, and if he had told me it would take a month I would have been fine with that. The fact of the matter is that he told me it would be a week and it has now been over 3 weeks and it's still on the back burner with no updates. That, I am not so fine with.

I'm not saying the dude isn't a phenomenal glass blower. His work looks great, that's why I commissioned a piece in the first place. All I'm saying is that his focus right now seems to be on large batches of prodo pieces. That's totally fair and I understand why he's focusing on that market. I just wish I had known that there was a chance that my commissioned piece was going to be placed in line behind a much larger order. If he had said, hey I have this much larger order to get through before I can get to your piece, that would have been fine by me, but that's not how it happened.

I'm glad that your custom work has always gone smoothly. I would love to have had the same experience as you. However, I haven't, and I think it's perfectly fair to share my experience so others can be prepared when placing orders.

I'm not saying no one should order from Joda, I'm just saying that his time estimates may not be reliable and he might get a big prodo order that becomes more important than your custom job. This has been the case with my order, it hopefully will not be the case with your order.

Top Bottom