Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Looks like there's a version of the double-honeycomb to turbine tube that's now a double-inverted-honeycomb-showerhead to turbine. It's $40 more though and it looks like the bubbles will never reach the turbine, even on a clear. :/

Also, fritted disc to turbine bubbler, US$140.

They keep adding interesting stuff on MQG. There's like 4-5 pieces I want there now, especially after Frederick's little expose. Prolly be a few months before I can get any, though, and they never seem to have all of them in stock at once.

Wait, are "Max Quality Glass" and "Thick Quality GLass" the same entity? They're two different shop fronts but have a lot of stock in common, including stuff I haven't seen elsewhere, like the double honeycomb to turbine.

Last edited:

Hexi

fritted to turbine looks pretty sweet, but is that too much drag for a vape/ meant more for nails/butane?

jambandphan03

in flavor country
unfortunately time has run out on the aliexpress site for my delivery to be on time, so I had to open a dispute, even though my tracking shows it wasn't even really sent out until the 29th so I suspect they are just in transit. I got several emails from aliexpress requesting communication so that's what I did, followed their protcol. We shall see how it works out. I am not too worried just yet, seeing the updated tracking info explains why they are running late.

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
Just got my Aliexpress in the mail :D ordered Sept 18 and it shipped on the 23 rd to NY. I've never used one before- how much water should i put in it ?
30axbg1.jpg

2r27ojk.jpg

o9fuif.jpg

Last edited:

clouded vision

Just got my Aliexpress in the mail :D ordered Sept 18 and it shipped on the 23 rd to NY. I've never used one before- how much water should i put in it ?
mine works best with the water even with the bottom of the honeycomb disc. any higher and it goes up the mouthpiece, any lower and the bubbles don't stack that high.
@jambandphan03 sorry to hear yours is taking so long, I ordered my hc well after you and have had it for about a week. I can tell you mine was extremely well packed, the box was pretty banged up so I was worried but it was double boxed and LOTS of bubble wrap. I was very impressed with the quality of mine, everything was fairly straight. The only problem is a few tiny chips on the edge of the joint. I like it much more than my infamous.

clouded vision

yes there is the slightest chug but it doesn't really bother me at all. I think it's because the perc is set a little higher than it really should be, but for $28 I have no complaints. I think it preserves flavor and cools better than my infamous. Full disclosure though I have only had the chance to take 2 dabs out of it so far as I am preparing for a potential drug test (I took the dabs after finding out my interview has been pushed back at least 3 weeks).

MPZ

Yeah, I wouldn't want the frits to be any finer, would definitely add too much drag.
As it stands now, this bub has a lil more drag than my DGs, I think the frit is a pretty similar size, I'll have to get them all next to each other and compare them.

I've also got a GBD fritter hydratube on the way, so I'll have 5 fritter pieces once I receive it :D

Dang... the thing must have a lot more drag than the Goldstein SubMicro I water tested recently- according to NVS glassworks in portland, it has a coarser frit than normal goldsteins (and the disk is smaller in diameter). Eh, that's ok- honestly, I think my Thermovape Cera (Loose Leaf) actually likes drag- given that the slower air moves through it, the bigger the rip. IDK- how does it compare to the goldstein with your solo?

MPZ,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
The double doesn't have much more drag than the DG Frits, but I haven't done a side by side comparison.

Just due to its design a frit perc is gonna be relatively high drag.

I've had a few dabs, 1 solo load, and a few LSV loads through the double fritter so far.
I wouldn't go to it as my only piece for pairing with the solo, but they pair well (my favorite piece of glass for solo use is my hydratube).
Keep in mind I have yet to use a piece of glass that I thought didn't pair well with vapes (just vapes that don't pair well with glass :lol:)

I don't know if this helps, but I was pleasantly surprised how close the drag was to my DG Frits.
I was thinking that 2 discs could be very draggy, but I as I said above, there really isn't that much more drag.

If you've tried a DG and found it too draggy, I'd avoid this piece, but if you like the draw on a DG, this is very similar.

:2c:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
:cheers:

My glass from aliexpress just got here! Over all I am more than pleased with this purchase. Both pieces are pretty well made upon first inpection, and I feel I got really lucky with the showerhead, it's well centered and much lower than some of the others that went out (sorry y'all). The dewar is really deep on it though, I had to find my longest reducer to get a good solid connection for my 14mm gong. I also see what may be a crack in the downstem portion of the honeycomb, you can see it in the vid, it's close to the sand blasted part of the female joint, not sure yet if it's a crack or just a flaw from welding it to the can. I am not too worried, just won't be putting anything with much weight on it, and hopefully it will hold up a while. I wrote the company about it, and offered to send them photos of the crack, so maybe they will respond, but if not, I'm still pretty happy with it. Fits right in with my motley crew of a glass collection anyway, just about all my glass has some kind of character flaw. As long as it still works! Luckily the lotus JUST barely has enough clearance to fit on the honeycomb, so they make a nice pair, good distance from the face, and good line of sight from the top. I will likely use the showerhead for my HI as they also look nice, and work well together. I still need to fine tune water levels a bit. Hopefully this will satisfy my GAS for a little while at least... :brow:

Here's a quick vid after a quick rinse and just adding some water...

Last edited:

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Nice! I definitely think you caught a peach with that Showerhead piece. It appears to be exceptional in the perc area compared to the other AliEx Bubs posted. I can't tell if that's an actual crack on the stem of the honeycomb. At one angle it appears to be a wave or bulge in the glass, at another it looks like a crack. Hopefully, it's just a wave.

Glad to hear you finally received your Bubs, Jam.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yeah I do feel lucky getting such a nice showerhead bub... it makes up for the sloppy HC... which is still cute sitting next to my lil'mona. Its like my big pieces had babies...:lol: Over all a nice lil'collection to keep things perc'n for a long time to come.

3DdjB5C.jpg

s32hX2X.jpg

xXNYQL7.jpg

Here's another vid with some vapor action...

baggedmazda

I am in need of some direction for my first ever glass piece i will also be combusting with it for a while until money comes for one of the vapes (extreme q/herbalaire) i have my eye on.

i have fallen in love with scientific bubblers more specific ones with honeycomb in it. there was a double honeycomb at a local shop but at almost $400 for it and keeps me very far away from it.

i am noticing there are some larger bodied bubblers in here but also some very small ones is there a good middle ground that would do well with how i am gonna use it.

this will be a weekend rig for me
my wife has set my limit at around $75 or she might kill me lol

baggedmazda,

SD_haze

I am in need of some direction for my first ever glass piece i will also be combusting with it for a while until money comes for one of the vapes (extreme q/herbalaire) i have my eye on.

i have fallen in love with scientific bubblers more specific ones with honeycomb in it. there was a double honeycomb at a local shop but at almost $400 for it and keeps me very far away from it.

i am noticing there are some larger bodied bubblers in here but also some very small ones is there a good middle ground that would do well with how i am gonna use it.

this will be a weekend rig for me
my wife has set my limit at around $75 or she might kill me lol
Thars some good deals on this website

10" bubbler
http://thick-quality-glass.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/10-pirelli-tire-perc-5mm

11" honeycomb to tree perc w/ Female Joint:
http://thick-quality-glass.myshopif...s/11-bent-neck-9-arm-tree-with-honeycomb-perc

Same in Male Joint:
http://thick-quality-glass.myshopif...-neck-10-arm-tree-with-honeycomb-perc-oil-rig

Should put it under $100 even with S&H + tax

EDIT:
18" honeycomb tube (weird but it should work)
$75 + S&H
http://thick-quality-glass.myshopif.../18-single-honeycomb-straight-7mm-super-thick

baggedmazda

that site is now book marked now the honeycomb to tree looks nice. along with a ton of there other stuff is it all american made and not china glass?

baggedmazda,
Top Bottom