Cheap High Quality Bubbler

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I am hoping mine get here soon too, I will be going out for possibly the last camping weekend of the year a week from now, seems to always line up that way in the summer, I have to leave right when something is supposed to be heading my way. LOL well crossing my fingers they get here soon It's been 14 days since I placed the order. Maybe errrly next week. ;) Glad to see so many positive reports yet again.

Outlaw Farmer

Stealth Mode Engaged
Good thread, good info. Helped me out.

I settled on this.

http://www.gogopipes.com/Glass_Bubbler-honey_comb_bubblers.html

Cheap, clean, honeycomb, oilrig. $10 shipping. Will run it to a MFLB, Iolite, and PD @least.

First time @that site. Hope they don't suck.

Follow up.
  1. Great site, easy 2nav, wonderful zoom option on everything. A little more professional layout than other wholesalers' template sites. I found some hokey ones.
  2. Easy order. Solid tracking. Showed up on the 3rd day. LIGHTNING fast ship! I think it came from Wa?
  3. Insured. No sig. Complete bubble wrap was ok. White USPS box. gogo on addy.
  4. Piece is as described dimensions
  5. Works as expected. Soft bubble, easy draw, nice ergonomics actually, has a pistol grip quality. I prefer full body honeycombs over downstems or perc arms. "Chuggy" like the man said. Improved PD experience by 50% but any waterpipe would imo.
  6. Haven't used Nail/dome yet. Waiting on things to ship.
  7. MAJOR MALFUNCTION. Plz note the bottom of the intake in the catalogue pics. The foot appears to rest on the tabletop and help stabilize things. Mine doesn't there's a 3/8" air gap under it. It can easily tip fwd.
  8. I used a PD and a approx. 1/2"surgical tube. Sticks in the bubb nice w.no adapters, give it a lick and it'll go. But how to clear this thing? Pull the stem out of the PD? Fine, but I can't blowback the ABV. Trying to get the tube in the bubb every hit is annoying, same for the stem end. So what's that take? A WonG ?
  9. The weight of the tube will tipp it. The tube tension between pieces can tipp it
  10. I pay shipping (& optional insurance) Approx$10.
Gap under intake doesn't touch surface. Wrecks this piece.

9-19-13bubb2.jpg

If you push these any closer together the bubbler will shoot off the edge.

9-19-13bubb.jpg

Going to fire them a mssg and see what's up. Is it Russian roulette or did I get a Holiday weekender?

Can't rate it proper until I get a company answer but so far...........FAIL. Sorry bout my luck

Outlaw Farmer,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Outlaw Farmer

Stealth Mode Engaged
^$28 is high end. I don't blame em for trying I guess. Sometimes shops can reduce or match prices (touchy but can happen) We vote with our money imo.

I've got some great resources from FC already.

Outlaw Farmer,

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
+ 1 , for the link
My 14 mm downstem at my LHS cost me $ 28 !

The HC is here:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...R-free-shipping-to-USA/705605_1280276385.html

It's a nice piece for the $ as has been siad. The only problem is the disk is a little high, but that hasn't been an ussue for me.

I think "goods awaiting acceptance" means they are waiting for you to receive it. Then you are supposed to go to the site and let them know you got it without dispute, assuming there isn't any.

That's exactly what it means. Product is enroute awaiting your acceptance. My 5-arm perc just shipped today, yet the store says item is no longer available. Just some of the quirks dealing with Alibaba.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
My Ali HC stacks like a champ, no worries of misfire. I use it with my SSV and the flavor is amazing! Dabs look crazy awesome in this piece with bubbles stacking up to the mouthpiece within a milky white cloud of greatness. Still a steal IMHO at 33usd...

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Hoping mine comes along soon, should be any day now, the ali-site says I still have 12 days left for the delivery deadline...but I can't get the tracking # to pull up any info. I just ordered a lotus top + water pipe attachment (flame vape) and have the feeling these new pieces will pair up well with it, the glass being on the med/small size. Although, they might be larger than I am expecting, it's hard to judge from pictures.

anticipation is growing :haw:

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Colie Glass left this comment on my YouTube Cheap Glass review.

I am no expert, but I do know it cost a lot of money to anneal these properly. Glass that isnt annealed properly slowly leaches off of your pipe into dust. I dont think they could afford to properly anneal these mistakes..They made them wrong, I dont see them wasting the money to run the ovens to anneal them, knowing they would sell for that low. Its $10-$15 dollars to ship out of the country and you paid $20. There is a safety hazard, and youre encouraging people to buy these? Be carful, please.

I guess I'm an asshole. Man, I am having a bad fucking day.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety

I am no expert, but I do know it cost a lot of money to anneal these properly. Glass that isnt annealed properly slowly leaches off of your pipe into dust. I dont think they could afford to properly anneal these mistakes..They made them wrong, I dont see them wasting the money to run the ovens to anneal them, knowing they would sell for that low. Its $10-$15 dollars to ship out of the country and you paid $20. There is a safety hazard, and youre encouraging people to buy these? Be carful, please.

Interesting I'd love to read that source, I couldnt find anything that says glass leaches without annealing. But then again "I am no expert" either. ;)

Here is what he said about Greenbuddah "stealing" designs: http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=E8icXVtm4cg

Anger is strong in this one. :chill:

Last edited:

oneinfinitecreator

While there may be some truth to what Andy/Colie is saying, it's also very hard to know what kind of costs these Chinese factories deal with. It may cost X amount of dollars here to properly anneal glass, but in China it's all to economies of scale. As somebody who manufactures and imports out of China, the difference in cost between the two countries is staggering, even with all the adjustments of the last 5 years. Unless it's a resource thing, which from a quick wiki lookup on annealing it is not (its' a time thing), I wouldn't be so sure to claim these are not properly annealed. Time and effort is something they have a lot of in China, due to their pseudo-communistic structure. When you go for dinner, there are often tables of employees just waiting for something to do. Too many people, not enough jobs.

So I wouldn't be too quick to decide what people in china will do for only a few dollars profit. Depending on the area that these pieces come from, that may be more than enough for them to make a living there. Unless we all report our pipes are breaking on us en masse, I don't think there's too much of a reason to think these are garbage. Top quality? Nobody is saying that, but to say these pieces haven't been cooled properly without owning one yourself is just speculation.

I love colie glass, I have a custom piece from them, but I think this is half-speculation and half-PR speak. With prices like what China is offering, I can't blame them either... :p

Hexi

Lol the guy who posted that comment has an obvious agenda. He wants his high priced glass to be sold and wants the "cheap chinese glass" meme to continue on.

The fact that he is accusing the product of being a 'safety hazard' and trying to shame/blame you?

Fuck him, and fuck his trolling. He is guessing and assuming and then accusing... he can go get fucked.

Time and effort is something they have a lot of in China, due to their pseudo-communistic structure. When you go for dinner, there are often tables of employees just waiting for something to do. Too many people, not enough jobs.

A lot of it has to do with suppression of currency, globalization, and the loss of the hard goods MFG base in the US. Their fake communism was abandoned years ago in terms of economic policy, they are moving towards the model we have here, corporate welfare and consolidating profit to the top 1% earners...

So yeah I agree with you guys, Colie Glass may be a great MFG, but with trolling like this, fuck them.

Burn

i recently got the 5 tree perc off aliexpress for $15. unreal value. i have this hooked up to my ssv and its fantastic. hits better off the ssv than my much more expensive thick glass tube i was using before.

unfortunately, they no longer carry this piece it appears.

oneinfinitecreator

Oh for sure, which is why I call it 'pseudo-communism'... I don't mean to praise Chinese politics, but also, remember that our media/academic empire is not one to trust on the well-being of China as a whole either. There are many reasons both of those entities would want us to continue to feel superior to those countries, but in fact, China is making some very positive strides in the big picture. Is corruption happening? Absolutely, but they are also interacting with the rest of the world in a very collaborative fashion we haven't really seen too often in the past. I work with/have an employee who is a refugee from the Congo, and he says everyone who is still there now are loving the help and aid the chinese have been bringing in compared to the US or the world bank type organizations. Yes, they are buying up land and resources there, but they are also building proper infrastructure and bringing industry there. The US prefers to corrupt/buy out the government, sign some very lucrative contracts, grind them out and then GTFO. The fact that the Chinese are investing into the people there is a huge change from the past.

So don't believe everything you hear about how 'bad' China is. We all have our warts, but we are also moving towards a true, global society. If we can get to that place collaboratively and by working together, we are all better off. We should all be friends, rather than enemies....

Top Bottom