Cheap High Quality Bubbler

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Good idea, however I have seen pieces go from individual to a lot of multiples on Ali before, like the silicone containers seemed to have done...

SSVUN~YAH,

SSVUN~YAH

I don't see a shipping charge to US still, maybe a Canadian thing?

SSVUN~YAH,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
They haven't just added/raised the shipping now; the base prices on those AliExpress bubbs have also gone up from $20 and $18 to $32 and $25. Congrats early adopters, the rest of us snost and lost. :/

Probably due to a spike in sales thanks to this site, too, since none of their many other listings seem to have changed in price over the same period.

SSVUN~YAH

Last edited:
SSVUN~YAH,
Reactions: GSH

Anonymouse

Sith I care
That 5-arm tree one really stands out. I bet it's barely 3mm glass at best, and it appears to be only 14mm input/output, and the output joint should be male, but for $15 you get a proper dewar input instead of exposed joint, a removable mouthpiece, a wide extra base, and a proper perc (if a pretty minimal 5-arm tree). If you can actually order it to your house for that, and it genuinely looks like the pics they have up, that's gotta be a serious contender for the best value bubbler so far in this thread, and possibly for cheapest setup too.

Now, who wants to be the guinea pig? :p

GSH

On a Möbius plane
I really like the look of the triple showerhead it looks pretty sweet, might have to take the plunge on one soon...

Anonymouse

Sith I care
My issue with that one is that the circs are spaced at such drastically different depths I doubt they'd fire evenly, and the bottom one probably not at all (maybe on a hard clear). This sorta perc they have to be all stacked closely on each other to work evenly, and even then the lower ones see noticably less gas flow.

Plus, it's the same price as the other two pieces SSVUN mentioned, but they both have removable mouthpieces and that one is fixed for some reason.

SSVUN~YAH

That 5-arm tree one really stands out. I bet it's barely 3mm glass at best, and it appears to be only 14mm input/output, and the output joint should be male, but for $15 you get a proper dewar input instead of exposed joint, a removable mouthpiece, a wide extra base, and a proper perc (if a pretty minimal 5-arm tree). If you can actually order it to your house for that, and it genuinely looks like the pics they have up, that's gotta be a serious contender for the best value bubbler so far in this thread, and possibly for cheapest setup too.

Now, who wants to be the guinea pig? :p
In the name of science, :rockon: I couldn't resist it was too tempting...

Edit

Since they lowered it to 22.38 s/h included. it's an even better deal! I have a feeling this is going to replace my pipesdaddy vapor bub as my go to travel piece. Being that it's larger and half price of the vapor bub, I'm stoked! Have to wait and see though bc even though the vapor bub is tiny it stacks like a champ still...

Last edited:

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
These two are cheap as could be, probably too cheap. Here they are though
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/CLEAR-GLASS-ASH-CATCHER-Free-shipping/705605_1221046578.html Looks like they altered the cheap ac and it's even cheaper now, wow!http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...-bubbler-Free-shipping/705605_1209616047.html
Showerhead even cheaper!

Edit: I took the plunge and ordered the first one, let ya know how it goes...

Just a heads up to anyone who ordered the "CLEAR GLASS ASH CATCHER"

I received this info about about sizing from the merchant:

Me:
07:22 Aug 18,2013
What is the size of the bowl (14mm or 18mm)?

Seller:
19:28 Aug 18,2013
Hi,19mm ,if you need 14mm you can buy a change part.

Anonymouse

Sith I care
I'm curious as to why you think that?

It's a good logical convention for consistency. Using different connections for each ensures the user can't hook up the MP and bowl/source backwards. I know some pieces accomplish this using different sized joints of the same gender, but I'm not a big fan of that approach. Keeping all the joints the same size encourages the most component re-use between pieces.

It's not just the Devastator; Hydratubes follow this convention too. If all removable mouthpiece designs took the same approch, that would mean any Hydratube you own could be used as an accesory mouthpiece on them too, for example.

See also: j-hooks, ash catchers. Lots of stuff follows the "female joint is a vape/smoke input, male is an output" convention.

Anonymouse,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Eh, I don't really follow the logic.

If someone is impaired enough to not be able to put the mouthpiece in the right spot, they probably shouldn't be using glass at that time IMO.

Anyone who has used a bubbler more than once should understand the layout pretty easily.

Hydratubes are in the exact same position as the devastator, when being used with the cloud, a male joint makes more sense for the outlet, as it leads to the greatest inter-compatibility with their other existing products.

J hooks are another exception.
They aren't a mouthpiece for a specific piece, they are a piece designed to adapt other already existing pieces. (And they don't have a male output)

And again ash catchers are designed to be added to an existing piece.
It wouldn't make sense to have a female outlet on an ash catcher, because its just an extension, and most tubes (especially the type of tube you'd be putting an ash catcher on) have a female inlet.

For a self contained piece, where the mouthpiece is removable, and it doesn't have an external factor pushing it towards using a male joint, I don't see why a male joint is preferable...
(I figured either setup is just as good as the other :shrug:)

Just thinking about pieces with a removable mouthpiece I have owned;
Leviathan shower head bubbler - female outlet
Defi gridded circ bubbler - female outlet
Toro microverter - male outlet, but was also emulating an ash catcher (so had another factor pushing towards male output)

Most pieces with an extra joint for filling/emptying use female there.
And a lot of the rigs I see that I haven't owned use female outlets too (I'm thinking dirty Rico, Sheldon black, BC Glass, glassblowers direct)

If anything, i thought the convention was that the base piece tends to have all female joints, and male joints get inserted into it (obvious exception is DI Rigs).
Also, a female joint tends to look a bit more streamlined in a final piece IMO.

(That's a pretty long post to basically say "I kinda disagree" :lol:)

ou812?

Ive been interested in that mock Goldstein since @Bob Loblaw got his double hd turbine from a different seller but similar urls. The dust question kept me from pulling the trigger...

Edit

New pieces http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...BLER-GLASS-ASH-CATCHER/705605_1236901498.html

25 tempting... http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...BLER-GLASS-ASH-CATCHER/705605_1236932410.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...S-on-Glass-ASH-CATCHER/705605_1236879690.html

You men make it hard to stop the GAS!!! I pulled the trigger on this one. I mean for the price of a beer and a burger I got a little rig that if it breaks,no biggy, but one would have to admit, for whats available in that price range ,its really not bad,and has some nice features ,....detach MP, dewar joint intake.I chose what appears to be a triplet of 2 hole mini stem lines,should be an easy draw for the Solo .They look great for that price and I bet if you respect it a bit more, it will hold up,if not, no great loss .

way2

I got the honeycomb ash catcher a few months ago. Shipping was slow but the item did show up a few weeks later. Its low quality stuff but for the price who cares! :2c:

way2,
Reactions: SD_haze

PAZ

I got the honeycomb ash catcher a few months ago. Shipping was slow but the item did show up a few weeks later. Its low quality stuff but for the price who cares! :2c:

Was everything straight? Obviously the glass will be thin, but did it have any blemishes?

PAZ,

way2

Was everything straight? Obviously the glass will be thin, but did it have any blemishes?

The piece is straight and sits right in the joint but the disc is too high in the can so it needs lots of water (too much) to function properly. There are also a few air bubbles on the piece nothing major but they are there. One member reported getting one with some brown marks inside the hc disc there are pics here. it was not something that could be removed. All in all it was better quality than I expected. But I wouldn't get my hopes too high. Again for under $20 it's well worth it IMHO

way2,

SSVUN~YAH

For the price it's incredible! We're talking acrylic prices for glass! The honeycomb ac I bought is nice and I wouldn't call it thin at all, in fact no one in USA or many other countries could duplicate these and sell them so cheap. I'm not saying don't support local, however where I am from the LHS are scam artist, for example same 20 ac on Ali go for 50-80 bucks. They tell ya local blowers did it but can't give you more information. I will gladly buy inexpensive pieces like these, bc I've even seen the pieces on some blowers sites, even some of our great blowers here on the forum, selling china pieces at huge markups. I have a family to feed as well!

ou812?

For the price it's incredible! We're talking acrylic prices for glass! The honeycomb ac I bought is nice and I wouldn't call it thin at all, in fact no one in USA or many other countries could duplicate these and sell them so cheap. I'm not saying don't support local, however where I am from the LHS are scam artist, for example same 20 ac on Ali go for 50-80 bucks. They tell ya local blowers did it but can't give you more information. I will gladly buy inexpensive pieces like these, bc I've even seen the pieces on some blowers sites, even some of our great blowers here on the forum, selling china pieces at huge markups. I have a family to feed as well!

I hear you SSVUN~YAH.I do as well as you support local men here on this site, but when I go around this area,LOL the SOS 100% mark up on import all day@ LHS's. I laugh at em after seeing what their selling,and also found exact copy of P/D oil rig piece I bought.....locals were selling @their store for 2x the price I paid.:rofl:

I love all the stuff the member's try to hook us up with on the cheap.I have to admit all of the import I bought so far for ROCK BOTTOM $$ has held up and looks decent, I would go as far as saying built good but its coined import so it gets a bad name due to the even lower quality crap that also is sold. I dont buy any worked stuff, mainly clear scientific style,china boras. glass and most of its not as good as say Jhan's or Colies work, but you cant complain @ the prices we are paying for the import stuff. Nor can I complain when buying from local glowers here @FC........From them I get HIGH GRADE quality at low prices:tup:

the Ali-baba and other import mkt.place stuff is something you have to look at.Without a doubt I have seen stuff that no way is the perc going to be operational. I think Jhan had said one time,some of the factories dont understand the application of the glass being blown.There we see percs in ridiculous positions or as I have seen,non operational what so ever and a price tag that will lure you in if you have no idea of how they should basically work.. But all in all GAS is fun and no way am I saying that a true and successful glower such as DG ,Toro,etc doesnt deserve props for excellent craftsmanship,because they do and all the power to those who can afford them,but there are alternatives which will get the job done and for 1/3 of the price,and for me in this moment,I'm glad I'm able to enjoy both ends of the spectrum with out prejudice towards the less expensive import rigs:2c:

Top Bottom