Cheap High Quality Bubbler

poonman

That ' looks ' like the one Enrico had for the Sub testing party I attended .
The downstem opening was at a 90 degrees angle , pointing straight up .
But it was positioned slightly further apart from the bubbler .
I forgot to ask him , what it was . It looked like a Mobius version . idk
Maybe I'll find it on PV's site .

But ya , at $ 120 , that's a good price .
I'm pretty sure , I can only afford the Adapt A B for $ 500 .
and grab a water tool to attach to it for dual purposes .
Unless that was the Mobius , they are pricey .

edit ;
Speaking of
https://www.planetvape.ca/sublimator-apollo-adapt-a-bong.html
but I think it was this one I tried ;
https://www.planetvape.ca/black-leaf-smoke-shower-micro-circ.html

Last edited:

poonman

did the micro circ fit? and it looks like they are on vacation thru the 11th

He handled everything for me , so I'm not even sure if that's the one .
It looks like it tho , I just inhaled and enjoyed .
Good point about the circ .
That is why I'm trying to learn off the veteran owners first .

PV is offering the ' Blaze ' as a compatible bubbler ,
so I'll probly go with that one for a 1 stop shop n buy .

I really like the mods you've done to the Sub .:tup:

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Lol, that's a far departure from the rest of your collection...
it is, but i wanted a dedicated piece for my sub that wouldn't induce tears if broken. i wanted a large tube (stereo matrix size/general shape) thick as hell, w/ decent low drag perc. this fits the bill and at a major steal of a price (original was 250, dropped to 100) i couldn't pass on it. hopefully these guys do good work.

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: poonman
it is, but i wanted a dedicated piece for my sub that wouldn't induce tears if broken. i wanted a large tube (stereo matrix size/general shape) thick as hell, w/ decent low drag perc. this fits the bill and at a major steal of a price (original was 250, dropped to 100) i couldn't pass on it. hopefully these guys do good work.
all makes pefect sense to me.

kingofnull,
Reactions: Brayden

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
SSFG was having a blowout sale on tubes. I think they were like 140 bucks for either an inline or showerhead. I'll check into it and let everyone know.

I recently picked up a dual chamber Karl Termini for 200 dollars and I swear I love it. Super fucking smooth, zero drag, and keeps lots of flavor.

20130710_183105_zps3f67bea1.jpg

EDIT - here's the link to SSFG - their shit is dope and very reasonably priced.

http://ssfgglass.com/shop/product.php?id_product=145

Last edited:

GSH

On a Möbius plane

Richy

Frequently up in space with Bowie
GSH said:
Thoughts? :D

I think Cheech water pipes are manufactured in China and I've never heard of Nobilis but from the way it seems like they are trying to look a bit like Mobius worries me and makes me think they made be imports as well. It kinda reminds me of the old Simpsons episode when Homer is looking to buy a new TV and spots the Panamafonic and all the other ripoff brand names. Personally I'd be worried about one of those China made pieces breaking especially considering the joints will see a lot of action when attaching and detaching the Solo.

Have you thought about buying a USA made piece? Both JhanPixel and Colie Glass sell quality USA made stuff at decent prices becasue you are buying direct from the manufacturer/artist without paying extra to cover a retailer's overheads. They both offer discounts to FC members making their already attractive prices even better, JhanPixel gives a 10% discount and Colie Glass give a 20% discount. Since it seems you are looking for a fairly small volume piece here are a few suggestions.

I'm guessing your GonG is 18mm from the choices you've shown us so it might be worth considering this 8" Circ UFO Showerhead Sidecar from JhanPixel for $122 inc. postage with the FC discount as it looks like it has a fairly similar volume to your initial choices.

I believe the Stemline Perc Bubbler - 8-10 Inches Tall by Colie Glass is also available in 18mm, it appears to have a fairly similar volume to the pieces you've been looking at and is only $83.50 inc. postage.

If you want something a little smaller then you can get this 5" Sidearm Thick Mini Showerhead from Colie Glass for only $87 inc postage with the FC discount. It's made with Schott Glass which is the best quality you can get and it's got a wall thickness of 7mm so it should last you a while. Also with the small can size it should really preserve the flavour nicely.

There is also the Double Stack from Colie Glass that I posted on the last page with has the bonus of versatility since you can choose to use the bubbler on it's own or with the ashcatcher if you want more volume and percolation. It is only $74 inc. postage with the FC discount for both the bubbler and the ashcatcher together and they are both made with Schott Glass. You also have the option of getting the bubbler on it's own for just less than $45 inc. postage.

If you want something bigger then the 14" Tall Showerhead Bubbler maybe a good option and it is currently on sale for the insanely low price of $87.50 inc. postage with the FC discount. It is also made with Schott glass. You can see by following this link that mlo4sho, who is a member on this forum, recently purchased this piece and seems very happy with it. He even posted a video of him using it which can be seen at the bottom of his post.

When quoting prices inc. postage I have assumed that you are in the USA, if you live elsewhere then check the pages linked for shipping costs from Colie Glass. For JhanPixel you will need to contact him directly by clicking this link to obtain a shipping quote.

All these are just a few suggestions and I would highly recommend browsing both the JhanPixel and Colie Glass stores to see if there is anything that catches your eye, remember to include the FC discounts when looking at the prices. I hope all this helps you avoid the pitfalls of cheap import glass and assists you in finding a piece that will last you.

Please note that as always any text that is highlighted in white are links to the relevant pages. If you have any questions feel free to PM me as I am always happy to help.

Last edited:

GSH

On a Möbius plane
I think Cheech water pipes are manufactured in China and I've never heard of Nobilis but from the way it seems like they are trying to look a bit like Mobius worries me and makes me think they made be imports as well. It kinda reminds me of the old Simpsons episode when Homer is looking to buy a new TV and spots the Panamafonic and all the other ripoff brand names. Personally I'd be worried about one of those China made pieces breaking especially considering the joints will see a lot of action when attaching and detaching the Solo.

Have you thought about buying a USA made piece? Both JhanPixel and Colie Glass sell quality USA made stuff at decent prices becasue you are buying direct from the manufacturer/artist without paying extra to cover a retailer's overheads. They both offer discounts to FC members making their already attractive prices even better, JhanPixel gives a 10% discount and Colie Glass give a 20% discount. Since it seems you are looking for a fairly small volume piece here are a few suggestions.

I'm guessing your GonG is 18mm from the choices you've shown us so it might be worth considering this 8" Circ UFO Showerhead Sidecar from JhanPixel for $122 inc. postage with the FC discount as it looks like it has a fairly similar volume to your initial choices.

I believe the Stemline Perc Bubbler - 8-10 Inches Tall by Colie Glass is also available in 18mm, it appears to have a fairly similar volume to the pieces you've been looking at and is only $83.50 inc. postage.

If you want something a little smaller then you can get this 5" Sidearm Thick Mini Showerhead from Colie Glass for only $87 inc postage with the FC discount. It's made with Schott Glass which is the best quality you can get and it's got a wall thickness of 7mm so it should last you a while. Also with the small can size it should really preserve the flavour nicely.

There is also the Double Stack from Colie Glass that I posted on the last page with has the bonus of versatility since you can choose to use the bubbler on it's own or with the ashcatcher if you want more volume and percolation. It is only $74 inc. postage with the FC discount for both the bubbler and the ashcatcher together and they are both made with Schott Glass. You also have the option of getting the bubbler on it's own for just less than $45 inc. postage.

If you want something bigger then the 14" Tall Showerhead Bubbler maybe a good option and it is currently on sale for the insanely low price of $87.50 inc. postage with the FC discount. It is also made with Schott glass. You can see by following this link that mlo4sho, who is a member on this forum, recently purchased this piece and seems very happy with it. He even posted a video of him using it which can be seen at the bottom of his post.

When quoting prices inc. postage I have assumed that you are in the USA, if you live elsewhere then check the pages linked for shipping costs from Colie Glass. For JhanPixel you will need to contact him directly by clicking this link to obtain a shipping quote.

All these are just a few suggestions and I would highly recommend browsing both the JhanPixel and Colie Glass stores to see if there is anything that catches your eye, remember to include the FC discounts when looking at the prices. I hope all this helps you avoid the pitfalls of cheap import glass and assists you in finding a piece that will last you.

Please note that as always any text that is highlighted in white are links to the relevant pages. If you have any questions feel free to PM me as I am always happy to help.

Great advice thanks very much for your informative post. You have given me lots to think about :)

As an aside I had already seen the Circ UFO and was close to buying, but then decided to have a better look around.

Out of interest the Nobilis tube is 7mm thick glass, so should be fairly sturdy. The company that's selling them is based in Milwaukee...

I should have also mentioned that I am in the UK, so shipping charges are important to factor in. Some of the pieces on ALT and High Priority Glass are affordable and value for money until the shipping is added lol...

Anyway thanks again :D

GSH,

Richy

Frequently up in space with Bowie
I'm from the UK as well, it's always great to see a fellow Brit on here. In that case I'd definitely recommend going with one of the Colie Glass pieces as you can see from the pages I linked his shipping charges to the UK are very reasonable, the shipping on the largest piece I showed you is only $20.

As for the Nobilis piece just becasue it's being sold from Milwaukee doesn't mean it's manufactured there. Lots of people on iOffer resell imports from China. Since they don't specifically state that it's made in the USA I highly doubt that it is as companies will often shout it from the rooftops as a selling point.

Import glass could have all sorts of bubbles and impurities in that will make it much weaker than a good piece of Schott glass. Only two of the pieces I recommended don't have 7mm glass but saying that I'd much rather have 5mm of good quality glass than 7mm of low quality, remember that a common cause of breakage it tipping and dropping which means that the thickness of the glass will add weight and therefore will be more likely to break a joint on a cheaply made water pipe.

The stuff I have recommended to you is made by true artists who care about their customers and want them to get the best products, not a manufacturing company overseas that are just trying to make a quick buck who will most likely have poor quality control and send out sub-standard pieces with flaws in.

Here are some of the prices adjusted with UK shipping included.

Stemline Perc Bubbler - 8-10 Inches Tall $90.25
5" Sidearm Thick Mini Showerhead $97
Double Stack(Mini Thick Bubbler + Ashcatcher) $84
Mini Thick Bubbler $55.25
14" Tall Showerhead Bubbler $100 (sorry I forgot to actually link this item in the last post)

So all of the suggestions I gave you are far less expensive than the retailers on iOffer and of a much higher quality. As I said in the previous post you will save a serious amount of money by purchasing direct from the manufacturer/artist rather than buying from a retailer.

Also consider that the iOffer stores you were looking at charge extra for UK shipping so I'd guess that would increase the price by at least $20 making them at least $140 in my estimation.

Last edited:

ou812?

Well I have settled on the JhanPixel 8" Circ UFO Showerhead Sidecar.

Thanks @redglassgallery can't wait to receive it!

Any thing you buy from Redglass gallery is going to be top notch.Jhan's work is GREAT. I have 2 of his pieces and they are made well and hit like champs. One of the best artist we have on the forum and a few others as well. Cant go wrong w/Jhans art!! Enjoy the side car,he most likely is making yours and mine as we speak,I too cant wait, mine was scheduled to be delivered yesterday,DAMN POST OFFICE!! still waiting :peace:

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
just pulled the trigger on this. was around 120 w/ shipping.
also available thru an ioffer store if that makes you feel safer.

http://thick-quality-glass.myshopif...b-water-pipe-7mm-thick-w-spinning-splashguard

let ya know how it hits when it gets here

got shipping notice today!

this one also had my eye, notice the detachable ice pinch mouth piece!
only $120!
[url]http://thick-quality-glass.myshopify.com/collections/water-pipes-1/products/19-wheel-comb-diffuser-w-detachable-ice-catcher[/URL]

IMG_20130721_143403_grande.jpg

IMG_20130721_154146_large.jpg
IMG_20130721_154200_large.jpg

Anonymouse

Sith I care

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Did you notice the $135 DG Mini oil rig clone? (Even with hex-shaped base)

That looks like it might be a lab frit, though, so I wonder what the drag is like. Then again, a lab frit that size would cost close to $100, so maybe they're makng their own.
agreed it does look like a lab fritt, but the video of them drawing isn't as tight as it appears
(from what i can tell of my previous two and my tighter fritt piece that i returned)

Bob Loblaw,
Top Bottom