Cheap High Quality Bubbler

xRUFUSx

special like everyone else
Just cause I like posting vids :) Here is the first of the Aliex bubs I got, the smaller HC paired with a M&M tech showerhead A/C and lotus. It's quite the combo, and though I am holding it by the base in the vid so you can see the percs, I usually hold it by the can, and it feels very stable in the hand.
Thats one of these right?
New-CLEAR-GLASS-ASH-CATCHER-Free-shipping.jpg_140x140.jpg

Deal alert - not a bub but worth mentioning @ $26.99 and $12.99, shipping to CA ~$7
Tornado Perc Mini Bong
Bob Marley Portrait Beaker w/carb

Last edited:

oli

Will love to see some action pics of the honeycomb to tree ;)

Job done!

Anyway I had a few go but is not easy to make a vid that you are satisfied with, always something going wrong!! But one can only take so much…

Beware the quality of the vid is not great, Iphone 3GS, better than nothing for sure.

So there you have it:

Vid1: sorry about the radio ad halfway in!!

Since it was Sat night :party::party::party: I tried to jazz it up somehow, but its probably more annoying than anything!?

Vid2: love this bubbler with the SOLO :love:!!! Bit to chugy with my EQ

Vid3: One for the fun, should have done this one first though! Everything nearly went flying!!!:science:

So I'm all setup now, if anyone wants to see another, without all the gimicks, don't hesitate, quite good fun to do! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Can't yet do them the way The Vapor Goddess does it, ie: Cool as u like :bowdown:, but no doubt it will come...

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
When you use the D020, can you see vapor build up in the main chamber?

I have no problem seeing the vapor. The chamber is quite small, but you can still make out the white vapor, especially if you tilt you head a little. Helps tremendously if you extend the mouthpiece too.

I've been tossing up whether to throw down the cash in a D020, given how similar it looks to a möbius ion.

Just do it. How much was your Ion? :brow:

It may look similar but the size is much smaller than your Ion. Did you see the photo I uploaded with the D020 sitting next to the Clear Matrix? IMO, it would fit in well with your Mobius family, :).

My only gripe is the 18mm dewaar. I would not use the VXC w/o an adapter, just doesn't feel like it seals right.

Last edited:

max

Out to lunch
Tweak said:
I would not use the VXC w/o an adapter, just doesn't feel like it seals right.
Works fine for me, other than the fact that the Cloud/EO pulls a lot of air and it doesn't take much to turn the small capacity D020 into a storm. Big vape sitting on that little bubbler just isn't a good fit for me. It works better IMO with smaller vapes like the Solo, e-nano, HI, etc. I have the Mobius Ion and that's as small as I prefer to go with something the size of the Cloud.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Works fine for me, other than the fact that the Cloud/EO pulls a lot of air and it doesn't take much to turn the small capacity D020 into a storm. Big vape sitting on that little bubbler just isn't a good fit for me. It works better IMO with smaller vapes like the Solo, e-nano, HI, etc. I have the Mobius Ion and that's as small as I prefer to go with something the size of the Cloud.
Have you tried using an 18/14 downstem with the D020? I know what you mean it does get violent! However, I use one with my LSV to create a little resistance and it purrs like a kitten now!

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I have the Mobius Ion and that's as small as I prefer to go with something the size of the Cloud.

May I ask why? Is it a stability issue? What makes it easier?

I could see the mouthpiece being too close, but that is about it.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Got ya. I see what you mean.

I'm finding the D020 is so easy to use because it takes <1 oz of water and only 2 drops of NACE and just a splash of solvent to really get clean. And I'm not so anal about keeping it as clean as my mobius. :lol:

But that is kinda why I bought it, as a backup. Take some wear and tear off my other bubbler.

So instead of D020 we should give this lil' bubbler a name. Who is the original person that found it, they should get the honors, :bowdown:?

The mini-reti or the China-ion, something.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Got ya. I see what you mean.

I'm finding the D020 is so easy to use because it takes <1 oz of water and only 2 drops of NACE and just a splash of solvent to really get clean. And I'm not so anal about keeping it as clean as my mobius. :lol:

But that is kinda why I bought it, as a backup. Take some wear and tear off my other bubbler.

So instead of D020 we should give this lil' bubbler a name. Who is the original person that found it, they should get the honors, :bowdown:?

The mini-reti or the China-ion, something.
Well Jam disclosed dhgate in this thread but IIRC was second to order after @Vaporgin. I took home the bronze, lol.

gnarlescharles

TOP CHEFFF
Job done!

Anyway I had a few go but is not easy to make a vid that you are satisfied with, always something going wrong!! But one can only take so much…

Beware the quality of the vid is not great, Iphone 3GS, better than nothing for sure.

So there you have it:

Vid1: sorry about the radio ad halfway in!!

Since it was Sat night :party::party::party: I tried to jazz it up somehow, but its probably more annoying than anything!?

Vid2: love this bubbler with the SOLO :love:!!! Bit to chugy with my EQ

Vid3: One for the fun, should have done this one first though! Everything nearly went flying!!!:science:

So I'm all setup now, if anyone wants to see another, without all the gimicks, don't hesitate, quite good fun to do! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Can't yet do them the way The Vapor Goddess does it, ie: Cool as u like :bowdown:, but no doubt it will come...
Which bubbler do you prefer more when pairing with your solo?

063_XOBX

Ganjapreneur
Well, you guys sold me on the D020. I've been using a showerhead ash catcher with j hook as a vapor bubbler but with you guys vouching for it and at that price I'll have a dedicated vapor bubbler within a month.

Can someone who has both a D020 and a 45° ash catcher see if the angle of the AC is compatible with the D020 (I don't care about the awkward angle as long as it doesn't make it too prone to tipping over)? My AC is an 18-to-14 so I would be able to skip the reducer if so.

Last edited:

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Well, you guys sold me on the D020.

Even if you dislike it, I'm sure you could off-load it in the classified section.

Btw, I seen this bubbler last week
KWE9jRJ.jpg

He said it was a "Krave" glass.

At first I thought it was a D020, but then noticed the MP was flared quit a bit. Anyone seen a Krave Reti for sale before? Looks like it might be a bit bigger than the NDQ.

gnarlescharles

TOP CHEFFF
Do you guys think the d020 or this bubbler ( http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-...and-Clear-color-Free-shipping/1511966707.html ) would be good for combustion too?

If so, which would you think would provide a smoother rip?
If not, could you guys suggest a cheap bubbler/bong that you think would be?

and has anyone posted or know of any footage of either bubblers in use? (excluding oli, seen that one already lol)

Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!

gnarlescharles,
Reactions: oli

wisherly

I just ordered the four hole bubbler and the inline to HC from ali. At one point in the ordering process it said the order wouldn't be processed for about 28 days but it also said on the pages with the items that shipping only takes about 10 days so we'll see how that goes. I'm still pretty new to glass so one of my aims is to try out different types of percolation, but I'll try and post some comments/observations and pics/videos. Thanks for the tips everyone. What a great thread!

edit- I also ordered a claisen adapter, a couple of these stoppers, and a couple 19male to 14female reducers from ebay.

xRUFUSx

I just ordered the four hole bubbler and the inline to HC from ali.
ooo I'm curious about your opinion on that 4 hole bubbler. I'm ordering mine tomorrow assuming I get paid. Frankly it doesn't seem as exciting as others for the same price, but having one minimal perc with a chamber about the size of one lung is good for a collection I think. It'll be my dabber.

Do you guys think the d020 or this bubbler ( http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-...and-Clear-color-Free-shipping/1511966707.html ) would be good for combustion too?!
My $0.02: For the sake of conversation, lets say there are 2 basic ripping styles - paced and continuous, and chamber-fill-and-clear. This is all food for thought, not gospel...

For slow and continuous, traditional vaping basically confines you to go slow anyway, and for "sipping" flowers it's really tasty and delivers consistent thick smoke through the hit. You want low air volume so the vapor/smoke isn't diluted, no drag or weird compression for consistency, and decent percolation if you want a lung-full without coughing.

For chamber-fill-and-clear hitting, you're drawing/compressing the smoke into a chamber to be cleared all at once, probably a lung-full. If one is hitting a large air volume piece slowly and continuously, they're diluting the shit out of the rip. IMO, the best is when the bowl-hole is tight enough so a little sustained negative pressure fills a chamber with very dense smoke. You want the chamber to fill with MINIMUM inhale requirement - a tight seal /bowlhole is the key, otherwise a bong is just a big airy bubbler. When suction concentrates a hit, its magical! Be sure to glass screen or something because the negative pressure with a small bowlhole will suck weed through or clog easy once you obtain your seals and proper bowlhole size. If it's barely too big, let it (just the bowlhole) gunk up a bit so it restricts airflow.

As for percolation for combustion - one simple ash catcher up front can help keep all your proceeding fancy percs clean. Each perc sacrifices some taste for smoothness.
Keep in mind most perc action will happen slowly during the draw, unless you have an AC/perc with a chamber, in which case there will be violent percolation while you clear.

But first: slow and steady or rips?

gnarlescharles

TOP CHEFFF
ooo I'm curious about your opinion on that 4 hole bubbler. I'm ordering mine tomorrow assuming I get paid. Frankly it doesn't seem as exciting as others for the same price, but having one minimal perc with a chamber about the size of one lung is good for a collection I think. It'll be my dabber.

My $0.02: For the sake of conversation, lets say there are 2 basic ripping styles - paced and continuous, and chamber-fill-and-clear. This is all food for thought, not gospel...

For slow and continuous, traditional vaping basically confines you to go slow anyway, and for "sipping" flowers it's really tasty and delivers consistent thick smoke through the hit. You want low air volume so the vapor/smoke isn't diluted, no drag or weird compression for consistency, and decent percolation if you want a lung-full without coughing.

For chamber-fill-and-clear hitting, you're drawing/compressing the smoke into a chamber to be cleared all at once, probably a lung-full. If one is hitting a large air volume piece slowly and continuously, they're diluting the shit out of the rip. IMO, the best is when the bowl-hole is tight enough so a little sustained negative pressure fills a chamber with very dense smoke. You want the chamber to fill with MINIMUM inhale requirement - a tight seal /bowlhole is the key, otherwise a bong is just a big airy bubbler. When suction concentrates a hit, its magical! Be sure to glass screen or something because the negative pressure with a small bowlhole will suck weed through or clog easy once you obtain your seals and proper bowlhole size. If it's barely too big, let it (just the bowlhole) gunk up a bit so it restricts airflow.

As for percolation for combustion - one simple ash catcher up front can help keep all your proceeding fancy percs clean. Each perc sacrifices some taste for smoothness.
Keep in mind most perc action will happen slowly during the draw, unless you have an AC/perc with a chamber, in which case there will be violent percolation while you clear.

But first: slow and steady or rips?
Thanks for the in depth reply! I'm more of a chamber-fill-and-clear kind of smoker. Do you think any of the 2 bubblers I posted would be good for me?

xRUFUSx

Thanks for the in depth reply! I'm more of a chamber-fill-and-clear kind of smoker. Do you think any of the 2 bubblers I posted would be good for me?
Of the two you mentioned, considering your ripping style would benefit from some vacuum action, my stoner logic says the HC - because it has a fair amount of air volume post-percolation.

For that method, you've hit the sweet spot when you can make the mouthpiece seal to your lips, and using your mouth (not your diaphragm) maintain the vacuum as smoke fills inside - like making a shot glass stick to your kisser. This kind of pressure will clear a downstem full of resin usually, so your seals and bowlhole have to be spot on.

Theoretically you could vacuum-suck the same amount of herb smoke in a smaller piece before clearing, but then the bowlhole would have to be pin-sized.

Gooseneck style pieces with decent air volume seem like they'd also be good for casual fill and clear (slow draw with diaphragm, fast clear), more so than old school tube-style pieces.

Top Bottom