CCA Liger banger V3.0

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Ordered sapphire beads from eternal quartz on July 2nd and they finally arrived yesterday. Wish ruby ones were in stock.

I put one in the liger and so far, loving it. I notice even more flavor out of terpy stuff and everything vaporizes more efficiently. Before, I'd see some pooling at my usual 530 - 540F(PID) temps, but with one bead, there is little to no visible oil in the insert. Just brown-ish residue on the walls when you swab with a qtip.

Question for those who tried using the beads with a torch setup, can you heat up a quartz bucket with sapphire/ruby beads inside without them cracking?

On a side note,

I've had my new 11.4g(57 carat) 30mm sapphire insert for a month now, and I'm not noticing any difference from my old 14.2g(71 carat) one.

Nice!
Happy to hear you're liking the spheres too.

Nice, I ordered 20 of the sapphire beads and is just waiting for USPS. Funny thing, I ordered on the 2nd too.

You can torch all sapphire or Ruby inserts or balls through sapphire. You cannot torch directly.

I torch the sapphire inserts, adapters and spheres all the time. Taste better than with coils. Never broke a sapphire using a quartz and torch.

These Ruby or sapphire are a must for dabbers who wants a way more full filled vape. I seldom ever take a rip without at least one Ruby inside.

Once I get my sapphires beads, I'm going to put about 12 of them inside a 36mm bucket.

Agreed, the spheres are standard dabtech for me now.
I've already posted these numbers, but I was @ 590* w/o spheres and am down to 530* with 2 ruby spheres.

PS [/WolfWhistle] 20 spheres?!? that sounds like it's going to be a sick sapphire knot!
Do you think you can fit in 19 spheres flat in a ~Metatron's cube pattern?
1 surrounded by 6 surrounded by 12?

:peace:

Last edited:
alittledabwilldoya',

antiburn

Still no tracking number email for me either yet. Ordered on 3/16 and was told it was in the first 50 when I had asked a while back.

antiburn,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Nice!
Happy to hear you're liking the spheres too.

Agreed, the spheres are standard dabtech for me now.
I've already posted these numbers, but I was @ 590* w/o spheres and am down to 530* with 2 ruby spheres.

PS [/WolfWhistle] 20 spheres?!? that sounds like it's going to be a sick sapphire knot!
Do you think you can fit in 19 spheres flat in a Metatron's cube pattern?
1 surrounded by 6 surrounded by 12?

:peace:

Sapphire Knot is exacting where I am going with this. Finding something to fit???

How about this? I think i can fit them all. But i will probably put the 28mm Dnail sapphire halo on the bottom, then place the sapphire on top. I will also try filling that huge ass PB insert with all sapphire as well. Its gonna be fun!

-kZzzeWSnbN-XRVbZNfNYM4MmcUjr2VIh0FOJF6GwsoQzLf2VfDdb0TZHSBIf0W6e5JloaLgs7DAXmBbWpNJ32b_G3fSWIYJCFER0UISbNdiECUWTwThB7FlZeroCi7HIOVrJK9dbeirkNC59X34xZ9LfaRUEYxS2_isw_jKD83r7xR2c83RC5Wlc4JhQxp5y5QD87RAoOTGWyepG_-j8_H1YwmMzOx9VUK4EBC2eM5nJzgF3B4c_jwYC7XihGUuEaJRWEOATNq7-XdWll4DXy_0Lv6sEddge2-M2ghUsf1-aiuPBfrfQLVnXB_IS8o-IdoTYQ4e0LOXIN4lSPzdGY0UnxUvBUyi36MRXXF3kTr7x-XlW49NMQ1Xk9vAEoawx3aOUrg4FPz416PRAr8CCj7H4afPEvonuvy10ebogBpF5p0Lya4-lcQhZ3EyxAiK8WMrrk7DzqWk_RbvpDmF2wOTAOZNhsDL3zf-yFmePRWCJUY05Df7zkqMUxi4jPyL2hiNx_P36SlJxFQ-6I4Lc0SlwAHzF_-2fVYdmKtUo7q_54yM-tx8hI3WWKx1EOtW0pAIz9mXp6k0w8bo-HEWpm5y_qjMQsRliNKMas2mipwXk_rc4rNEoL-dH4eYvK4EbLAKXwE5nHTSe44d5P_ti4I7YPuc4E5E=w1098-h1462-no
OHDBhlqg-MTVT52PtjoQ54j6M_k7H5xy8HLHkPsLz2pF9-IjZsuQ4-jeahK-iiVSfD7Pu7lkGPIhlMl1XnaPynCMz-3A53-wo-h_nQOZ2tFmRUR53eF5OOOYmJGpiK3zEjizLna1UGK3r6-hXvbkXv05NPRTpGIXNZgEZ9eQPSE-pCXTcnIXouBgq_KypgtShRT4Ax-qVDhO-BGy-_dsDR9xzX-mBlQ_Y6NmKOZg5a8fR_OwuUXBqy87TiHC8X2FVueNWvdAd2o8P0qSdFRLeCPFVwZVjijDCjf2Ajk7t8CtZ1VM7AnGZ4a7xMnsvxPPhhFiJJNJ1qfNzBRSTH7bxGGR-1-F9AIlXdqOQKstZHHLfo40GEY2GERi5ajwupqwmjXtWmRa6i7C5qZw1tWfS96FZJ9cvkSkJ7aVgW5AAjLkxM9m__UOiFSZ9D52YA-jYF4n3UAE3yu2u8FzUG-WwYoIjl8kHYcUgdPu5pD6ep6mhFLe-PJPW6VVWcSop1GwTUx-us1cja7lsQ0SP6hFGH1mOptpctOizGDTU_Aer7r2SDebFtikQqKSehV9F0Ap_zt7MaVToQRAvoO3gjISLn2_prrFaUMBnFbbbzZ1TXFTCII5fcmEJyyVDtiwv1s7zJ5FegXqncPZp_PQTHgsLKyV9PnhtOfs=w1098-h1462-no
224GGQ-8-WJEskBBAXALJQlCF2n6zZn09dH2ubG1GQlrlTnzKgJaFJEVeQFhcpPsUBRncfzIgI0tHSbUO7OguMoExmKc4rW71QFtC1QnvwITHJofXH9kAo9qxZ22J4HNkJtadenKBiU8Pe-73_6cbSYiSCFsQ6nkSh6IEzf2SHuUuFH0rWVAY6mS5UFqssUOu9NTf257HhQlrbkxq9_86CqoaASYunb-R58_Gd5KceHXBxfl5aURiJOoAJFcYXXMwsM85VZM6FtWThCBXhX0myuhmks2CldNFo5bi33r7thyZgd600d6as_FFekeRYmt9RVKq905Vwx8xSoRk9TLCyHoqZf_zak880y_Oej_NiiI9d7halxXNJnH6ziJzAi-2rRnZT1NKBtSXAR7uiAxxXygZtRwIcm0_fRnjpCarHFM1V42HohqQBXHrNMeMyHc_tPMuroZHlKGrKfehuWX8kHn0d8ry6ZMpiHHRoytvwlFUHMHnPJkpViRTak6AL97Orz0zPmgN44PEOXqlKRoIZxTnTp9bsSzU0K7nr-R9WBY-3d8pG3rQ4ZGCESlh1Ou1ytLFEB_x_3XxlaztIute0_KPsfYr6lIZZZ87lHTHFgNKoSzIqMKD3VnCUwH1Lb6xPP2fPGw2njAKJocGPTROCh07M_K3koi=w1098-h1462-no

Here is a video of it.

JigMelon

Fully sick @Shooby

I've been using 2-4 beads in 25-30mm bangers/inserts and have had good results. I was also considering buying more beads to make a knot-type setup, but the real issue is keeping it clean. I feel like I would need to cool it down and clean after every hit, and if you're doing that, why even use an enail?

Any thoughts on ways to keep it clean between dabs so you can go a full day/night without cooling down?

JigMelon,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Fully sick @Shooby

I've been using 2-4 beads in 25-30mm bangers/inserts and have had good results. I was also considering buying more beads to make a knot-type setup, but the real issue is keeping it clean. I feel like I would need to cool it down and clean after every hit, and if you're doing that, why even use an enail?

Any thoughts on ways to keep it clean between dabs so you can go a full day/night without cooling down?

No way, it's like the diamond knot and power gear inserts,. It's like a one and done.

For me, I have many and will have more options to switch to mainly for this reason. I'm too anal about keeping this shit clean. I think I break more of my shit when I'm cleaning it than dropping it or anything else.

And if you have followed, I have been using my torch a lot more recently so torching for me wouldn't be an issue. I have been debating on upgrading to a gt blazer. I use a Newport now and wasn't sure if it's that much of an upgrade.

Torching just has a different taste than coil.

JigMelon

I have a few options as well, so I guess the only solutions would be to switch out every hit and clean in downtime. Just did some counting and I have 3 controllers, 6 coils, and 8 coil-compatible thermal pieces o.0 Should I go back to using two controllers at a time? hmmmmmmmmm

JigMelon,

MAbud

@Shooby the Blazer Big Shot is an awesome torch. Definitely worth it.

I also hear really good things about about the tochitorch. But at that price point I need to try it for myself.

MAbud,

nickmo

I've been thinking about a few rubies myself, but had been curious as to how you keep the setup clean, didnt know if it could be q-tipped, tweezer out and drop in ISO, or if it was really one and done before a cleaning. what do most do?

nickmo,

Danksta

I've been thinking about a few rubies myself, but had been curious as to how you keep the setup clean, didnt know if it could be q-tipped, tweezer out and drop in ISO, or if it was really one and done before a cleaning. what do most do?

A qtip will keep them clean enough during a sesh for back to back dabs. Afterwards I'd recommend soaking it/them in a DC/ISO mix. They are not as messy as they would seem. They help vaporize the oil better so there is less leftover. :D

Danksta,

JigMelon

@nickmo The last two weeks I've pretty much been doing the same thing now with all of my materials, regardless of what it is. ISO alcohol bath overnight, distilled water bath while I'm at work, and then I put them in a banger at 210 with distilled water until it evaporates, qtipping around every 10 minutes. Usually takes 30-40 mins to fully evaporate. Between the ISO and water baths I rub each bead in paper towels individually (with my dishes and inserts I just use a qtip). I've had pretty good results thus far, but only with 4 beads and two weeks.

JigMelon,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
@Shooby , there seems to be no fortune you are not willing to spend just for best performance's and taste's sake!? Bro, you are the most craziest dab afficionado I know! ;)

Someone's gotta do it. Lol..
I will probably put a review together of the different quartz flat tops and inserts in the near future. Once I have all my quartz.

@Shooby the Blazer Big Shot is an awesome torch. Definitely worth it.

I also hear really good things about about the tochitorch. But at that price point I need to try it for myself.

Big shot is like $45 on Amazon. Hard to pass on that. Fuck it. I'll order it.

If you are only using a couple or even three, what @Danksta said is exactly what I do. I have them all sitting in iso once it cools. Not when it's hot.

@JigMelon did you get the cap off?

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Crazy and i mean it in a good way @Shooby ..u rly pushing limits :D :D

I just got my Eternal quartz sapp. spheres and tried one in my
20mm Liger Sapphire insert BUT i have to say..im not too satisfied...hmm..

Im also using a Riptide Bubble and i do get the sphere to spin
but i feel it is more restrictive with the added mass somehow (6mm sphere) and also tha taste is IMO better on the insert alone..rly have to try more..was rly excited bc practically everyone likes them but hey they just arrived today :)

But after all the testing i have done till now i rly gotta applaud the Liger for beeing a rly well engineered piece,
for me the 20mml with the sapphire insert is still the Benchmark in dabs...and i am oc talking about the product itself -.-

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Crazy and i mean it in a good way @Shooby ..u rly pushing limits :D :D

I just got my Eternal quartz sapp. spheres and tried one in my
20mm Liger Sapphire insert BUT i have to say..im not too satisfied...hmm..

Im also using a Riptide Bubble and i do get the sphere to spin
but i feel it is more restrictive with the added mass somehow (6mm sphere) and also tha taste is IMO better on the insert alone..rly have to try more..was rly excited bc practically everyone likes them but hey they just arrived today :)

But after all the testing i have done till now i rly gotta applaud the Liger for beeing a rly well engineered piece,
for me the 20mml with the sapphire insert is still the Benchmark in dabs...and i am oc talking about the product itself -.-

I havent pulled out the 20mm liger in a while. I do use the 20mm CCA sapphire which is really just over 16mm. I think these may even work in the Puffco Peak but thats off topic. My 6mm ruby spins like crazy in the 20mm cca sapphire using a gordo bubble cap and a quartz flat top like the 25mm Halen bucket.

Getting the spheres to spin does take some lung umphh. I do agree about the restriction but i think restriction is welcomed when dabbing.

I have yet to use the sapphire beads. Only the ruby and i can def. tell the taste difference when using the rubies in a quartz insert. You get hints of sapphire flavor in your quartz dab.

JigMelon

@gunmetalshark I know the riptide has the spiral effect, but you should try out a cap with an angle inlet/outlet; really helps with getting the beads going. Also I definitely notice a taste and efficiency difference with both the sapp and ruby, but then again I don't have a sapp dish to begin with.

@Shooby Yea I got it out, but my Obsidian dish is split in two. I emailed but haven't heard back yet (it's only Monday, so that's understandable).

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
@gunmetalshark I know the riptide has the spiral effect, but you should try out a cap with an angle inlet/outlet; really helps with getting the beads going. Also I definitely notice a taste and efficiency difference with both the sapp and ruby, but then again I don't have a sapp dish to begin with.

@Shooby Yea I got it out, but my Obsidian dish is split in two. I emailed but haven't heard back yet (it's only Monday, so that's understandable).

I would recommend a Coojo cap for $45 to replace the hurricane.

I cant see how it gets stuck so hard like that. but after it happened to me twice, i couldnt deal with it anymore. I actually gave that cap to a buddy and it got stuck for him too. this was two weeks ago too.

Sorry to hear about the obsidian.

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
I would recommend a Coojo cap for $45 to replace the hurricane.

I cant see how it gets stuck so hard like that. but after it happened to me twice, i couldnt deal with it anymore. I actually gave that cap to a buddy and it got stuck for him too. this was two weeks ago too.

Sorry to hear about the obsidian.

Agreed.
Coojo makes the best caps for the 30mm.
I have two: one tight, one open.

They rock.

alittledabwilldoya',
I was super pleased by Coojo’s customer service and pricing. The cap came in under a week and he was apologizing for how long it took. Amazing. Seals great and has tremendous airflow.

scalescliffs,
Reactions: Shrike

MAbud

I have a donut piece from him but I have so many caps I haven’t tried the one he made. I guess I should...

MAbud,
It appears we are in the midst of another fake shipping drill reminiscent of those staged shipping boxes of a month ago.

I was prepared for any delays involved with the Liger Air preorder. . .just not the lies and deception. Not a single "promise" has been met from their official update of a month ago. They can't even explain their continued inability to post an actual picture of their product.

I believe Mister, "There is no delay. . .We are still on schedule" of Instagram fame is more suited for work at the DMV.

I'm out. . .good luck all.

Top Bottom