CCA Liger banger V3.0

stayoutoftheway

My apologies if this is too off-topic.

Gas anyone tried using a 20mm Liger SiC insert in an AugustHaus banger? I'm a aware of the difference in conductivity between quartz vs titanium (opposed to the liger), but @Shooby (I believe it was) got me thinking about an "all glass/quartz Liger."

stayoutoftheway,

Ribman18

As long as were deviating from liger talk. Has anyone seen any bangers that fit the AH custom liger coil. Or is it "Liger" specific?

Ribman18,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I guess these would be best asked in the quartz banger thread instead of Liger. But since we got another month to wait for the Air, need something to talk about.

@stayoutoftheway I guess you have to be more detailed in your question such as with AH coil and quartz? XL or XXL. I have XXL and its 30mm. I believe the XL is 26mm which is a odd ball to me. I dont know of many 26mm quartz flat tops to go wit that coil but i am sure there is many that i dont know of.

I went with the 30mm XXL from AH and just got a 30mm Toro Grail XXL to put in the AH coil. Works nice and the bucket is pretty flawless. Extremely well made with a really flat floor. I am getting a DC 30mm barrel coil just so i can see the grail on the bottom of the bucket with a sapphire insert inside. Hoping i get polished.

I use the 20mm obsidian and sapphire from CCA and occasionally the XL quartz for drop in dabs in my 25mm Halen Bucket. The inserts are very loose as the 20mm inserts are actually like 16.5mm to 17.5mm.

I will be getting both 24mm coils soon. A hybrid (barrel + Flat) coil from Mininail and a 24mm from DC pairing it with a Quave flat top or most likely a mayoral 24mm.

As for the AH Liger Coil, i believe its about 38mm wide. But its very short so it wont cover much of the quartz bucket. I thought about it and even stretching it but its not a lot of coil to start with as its mostly a flat coil with a tiny bit of sides.

stayoutoftheway

@Shooby my apologies, I should have mentioned it's the 30mm XXL. I have an AH liger coil, but I'd rather avoid buying any other Quartz. I was just curious if there is any type of SiC insert that will fit into the XXL.

stayoutoftheway,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
@Shooby my apologies, I should have mentioned it's the 30mm XXL. I have an AH liger coil, but I'd rather avoid buying any other Quartz. I was just curious if there is any type of SiC insert that will fit into the XXL.

Only quartz from anyone, opaque from EQ, full Opaque quartz from cryptic and soon sapphire and Ruby from Nautilus. If you want SiC, get the 25mm sic from tag. It fits perfectly as long as you have 2.5mm walls. Those are the only that I Know of that fits 30mm buckets.

If anyone knows any others and brands or types, Please chime in.

GSR

interesting as i never had any issues with them and inserts as long as i knew it was in stock ahead of time either by asking or seeing the stock on their site. The inserts has always been where they shine in service in terms of shipping and even in warranty. Isnt that shocking. The actual Ligers are a different story. I am sorry to hear your experience on something as simple as an insert. FYI, did you get yours at full price or discounted? If discounted, how much? just curious, thats all.

It was priced at $85 when I purchased it. Now its at $125. I didn't request anything or redeem any codes. I guess I got it at a good time. That's probably why he didn't try to save the sale either lol.

Really a shame though; I bought the master set of the v3 liger! I've got all the attachments. I am the type that is willing to shell out extra if it means getting more out of my product. I promise this is the last time I will ever interact with CCA710 though. Keeping my money for 7 weeks before giving an empty apology to get me to stop emailing them is not the way to treat a customer.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
It was priced at $85 when I purchased it. Now its at $125. I didn't request anything or redeem any codes. I guess I got it at a good time. That's probably why he didn't try to save the sale either lol.

Really a shame though; I bought the master set of the v3 liger! I've got all the attachments. I am the type that is willing to shell out extra if it means getting more out of my product. I promise this is the last time I will ever interact with CCA710 though. Keeping my money for 7 weeks before giving an empty apology to get me to stop emailing them is not the way to treat a customer.

I agree with you but they have treated customers really strangely. And i cant see $40 being the reason too if you are a repeated buyer. Just very odd but if he doesnt have the insert to sell you, he shouldnt of taken your money.

I basically given up on them too. If I get this Liger Air, Yay as i lost my excitement for it and them since some time in March or April. If it ever arrives, it will be like a gift. And its way too long to dispute this sale i believe as the transaction was on Jan. 03, 2018.

I have learned not to pre-order shit in this industry!!!!!!

Coinz

I know it’s a little off topic but does anyone know if the 16mm Sic insert work with a 20mm liger banger?

Coinz,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I'm using my new custom Halen bucket with the 30mm sapphire and 3 rubies along with thet custom gordo og riptide xl and guess what? I got them rubies to spin like crazy and It finally turned this huge ass bucket white.

Fucking awesome. Videos will come but I'm so happy I finally got the rubies to spin fast and create nucleation.

This gordo og riptide xl wasnt a waste I guess! I'm starting to get different caps anyhow. Mainly bubble caps tho.

***Edit***

Ok.. so the rubies won't spin inside the Incyclers. Tried Baby Jesus and the 14mm Incycler and no didn't spin at all. Only spins inside the non-incycler, my new Leisure Lil Dub.

Last edited:

Danksta

I'm using my new custom Halen bucket with the 30mm sapphire and 3 rubies along with thet custom gordo og riptide xl and guess what? I got them rubies to spin like crazy and It finally turned this huge ass bucket white.

Fucking awesome. Videos will come but I'm so happy I finally got the rubies to spin fast and create nucleation.

This gordo og riptide xl wasnt a waste I guess! I'm starting to get different caps anyhow. Mainly bubble caps tho.

***Edit***

Ok.. so the rubies won't spin inside the Incyclers. Tried Baby Jesus and the 14mm Incycler and no didn't spin at all. Only spins inside the non-incycler, my new Leisure Lil Dub.

I've gotten spins with my leisure. You have to get the right seal and right draw to pull it off. It's possible.

I only use 1 ruby btw. That probably makes a difference.

KILLER setup man. I want one of those buckets...:D

Danksta,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Are you using a 30mm insert and liger? Cuz i tried one ball and it didnt spin, spin. When i mean spin, i want the spheres to disappear and become a red ring around my insert.

Shooby,

Danksta

Are you using a 30mm insert and liger? Cuz i tried one ball and it didnt spin, spin. When i mean spin, i want the spheres to disappear and become a red ring around my insert.

I used my 30mm Eternal banger with an insert. It worked some of the time. It works better without the insert too.

I have not tried the sphere in the 30mm Liger yet, just the 20mm. I use a bubble cap and I think it's moving it around.

Danksta,

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
Damn CCA is still yanking people along AND now doxing customers?

Is there a pic of the Liger Air yet?

Been Vapin,

GSR

On the brightside they gave me my refund within a week lol. So ends my 7 week adventure with CCA710 tho :/ .

Fortunately the classifieds section on this site is amazing. Put up a request on the 26th, paid the 27th, and got an obsidian insert on the 29th! Gotta love this forum :rockon::love:

Baron23

I will say this....the obsidian insert is totally it for me. Its robust, it has good thermal dynamics, it tastes just fine (that is, it doesn't really taste at all), but mainly because the high polish finish is so dang easy to clean.

I follow CCA's advise, I use two q-tips for each dab and when I look into the insert it looks like the day I bought it. The only time I have had to clean it was when I went to bed and forgot to qtip. But, little bit of heat, little distilled water, and the crud came right off....easy peasy.

Do love the obsidian.

nickmo

You'd think they want these in everyone's hands by 7/10 to drive some sort of sale!

nickmo,

Ribman18

I got my e-mail saying first 50 pre-orders would ship in two weeks, not 2-3. Recieved 6/20/18. So they missed the deadline as of yesterday. No word fron them. It was a holiday.

Ribman18,
I feel like folks in the first 50 will likely see their banger before the end of summer, but it would surprise me if it were before.

scalescliffs,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Allegedly next week is the first 50 again according to IG which is how you would get the latest news from CCA. Still no photos or videos tho.

But im sure next week will come and it will be in 2 more weeks until something else goes wrong like a machine going down.

Shooby,

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
Still no photos or videos tho.

...this shocks me they are this close to shipping but have not released a real photo of the air... not even a prototype... surely they have something they have been testing.... :shrug:

just_the_flu,
Top Bottom