CCA Liger banger V3.0

ItWasaGoodDre

Got a riptide bubble cap and a unviersal carb cap by gordo coming should be here in a day or two.

Did you get a shipping confirmation? I got one on friday, but as of today it still hadn't been given to the post office.

Just checked again and it was just sent out tonight. Will be here on Friday, so I'll report back on its effectiveness with the Liger 20mm.

Last edited:

Monsoon

Man as somebody who has appreciated interacting with you over the years here, I need to say this:

These customers have valid complaints. For you to invalidate them like this and deride them as if they should have known better than to buy something and expect timely service is not being very fair bro. :peace:

Maybe he's missing some context. People who bought one after reading the thread here will go in expecting long delays in responses and possibly weeks before shipping but if you found the website some other way, the only clue that there's a wait is the small text on the checkout page. If the site says 1-2 weeks to ship and I email after 2 weeks and don't get a reply back in say a week I'd be concerned if I didn't have any other info to go on. And if I just wanted a nail, then 2 weeks would probably be fine but 6 weeks maybe less so if I knew going in. I strongly believe they could eliminate a good portion of the complaint posts and email volume if they posted accurate timelines for production and communications on the website.

I'm excited to hear all the new developments at CCA710 and the new dabbing surface. Hopefully with time they can get past the current bottleneck and really thrive as a company.

Gn0sis

Man as somebody who has appreciated interacting with you over the years here, I need to say this:

These customers have valid complaints. For you to invalidate them like this and deride them as if they should have known better than to buy something and expect timely service is not being very fair bro. :peace:

within the current reality, if you want the best enail, your choices are to either get a D-nail Halo or put in an order for a Liger and WAIT.

we're not talking about buying asthma inhalers or some kind of life-supporting medical equipment here. we're talking about a LUXURY item that any person can certainly manage living without or use a simpler device to get by.

i'm pretty sure that almost everyone who decides to buy a liger banger googles it beforehand to check out the reviews and inevitably ends up on this forum, so most people already knew they'd be signing up for a wait when they were buying one....

we all know Josh is working as hard and as FAST as he can to resolve the problems the people are experiencing.

some of the complaints are indeed valid. like the guy who got the wrong order, had to send it back using money out of his pocket and then left waiting. but, a lot of them are simply lacking patience and consideration for what it's like to be a small company making a quality product and suddenly getting hit with overwhelming demand.

my main point is that CCA deserves to be cut a bit more slack than they're currently getting. If Josh could do more, better and faster work, he WOULD.

Last edited:

Danksta

got the 2 riptides i ordered from a headshop... they seal on the 30mm, but just barely. there is no room for deviation when placing it down on the liger. when in that 'perfect' position, i'd say it's just a bit short of being as good as my best chad bro terp trunk cap. the base definitely needs to be wider for use with the 30mm

so, yeah definitely selling at least one of these riptides... if anyone is interested in a discounted brand new one for their 20mm feel free to pm me, otherwise, will be putting it up in the classifieds some time in the next few days.

still have 2 custom riptides coming from gordo and a custom bubble cap from Pencilking710 (https://www.instagram.com/pencilking710/), if PK's bubble cap turns out to be good, will mention it when i get it.

if neither pans out to be exceptional, i'm gonna ask Ion Glass (https://www.instagram.com/ion_glass/) to make a custom Thermal Eilte bubble cap for the 30mm...

hoping to not spend any more on carb caps after that. already over-budget....

I'll be interested how the customs Gordo made you work out. Part of me thinks the reason the riptide tastes so nice on the 30 is the size and how it lets air in. A tighter seal might not taste as good.

I prefer the riptide with my 30 actually. I use bubble caps with the 20 now.

Gn0sis

I'll be interested how the customs Gordo made you work out. Part of me thinks the reason the riptide tastes so nice on the 30 is the size and how it lets air in. A tighter seal might not taste as good.

I prefer the riptide with my 30 actually. I use bubble caps with the 20 now.

Was hoping gordo would send em by now, but it's looking like i'll get em next week at the earliest. have been waiting patiently for as long as 3 weeks for some of these custom carb caps to be made and sent to me...

imo, the riptide needs to have a base wide enough to move around on the 30mm because from what i noticed, the airholes in the carb cap point the airflow directly at the angle where the wall and bottom surface of the insert meet. but the very middle of the insert never gets touched by the airflow and this causes some pooling there (i can make almost perfect pool circles in the middle of the insert now lol). if the base of the cap was as wide as on the terp trunks (43mm to +50mm), i think it would allow me to get even better flavor and leave behind no pooling at all.

whats your favorite bubble cap on the 20mm?

Last edited:

Danksta

Was hoping gordo would send em by now, but it's looking like i'll get em next week at the earliest. have been waiting patiently for as long as 3 weeks for some of these custom cab caps to be made and sent to me...

imo, the riptide needs to have a base wide enough to move around on the 30mm because from what i noticed, the airholes in the carb cap point the airflow directly at the angle where the wall and bottom surface of the insert meet. but the very middle of the insert never gets touched by the airflow and this causes some pooling there (i can make almost perfect pool circles in the middle of the insert now lol). if the base of the cap was as wide as on the terp trunks (43mm to +50mm), i think it would allow me to get even better flavor and leave behind no pooling at all.

whats your favorite bubble cap on the 20mm?

That makes sense. Very interested in your findings.

Honestly atm I'm using cheap china bubble caps. I wasn't sure how much I'd like them. I'll probably be getting a 30mm off @ne_glass_art to play with soon though. Maybe today...:2c:

EDIT: Curse this thread, it's breaking my wallet LOL. Just pulled the trigger on a peach XXL bubble cap from @atechglassworks

God I love this hobby :rockon:

Last edited:

Monsoon

They announced on Facebook that all communication will be through their new email ticket system so that combined with their new customer service manager should lead to faster response times and maybe let them triage responses when they're overwhelmed.

For anyone with current issues with CCA710 just keep in mind that I've yet to see them outright scam any customers and while it may take some time they always try to make things right for you. I've personally had a few issues with past orders and I was made whole again and then some.

herbivore21

within the current reality, if you want the best enail, your choices are to either get a D-nail Halo or put in an order for a Liger and WAIT.

we're not talking about buying asthma inhalers or some kind of life-supporting medical equipment here. we're talking about a LUXURY item that any person can certainly manage living without or use a simpler device to get by.
Sorry bro, but CCA do not outline that their products are not going to be shipped when the order has been placed and paid for. There is no indication of lead times to fill orders or send out products.

The normal way that any small or large business operates an online store is to clearly identify if an item is a 'pre-order' that will not ship immediately or in a reasonable timeframe. In many Western countries, the law requires this! If I order something and hear nothing for 1 week, let alone two, I'm calling that company and telling them to send the product or give me my money back. I don't let people take my money without giving me what I've paid for unless they are very up front about how long it will take.

Who would want to pay for a product, only to have to continually chase the vendor for weeks/months because nothing has shipped or they do not yet have working products? Sounds like a lot of work to me - wasn't I the one paying for goods and/or services - why am I the one expected to do this communications legwork after I've paid?! I don't know about you my friend, but when I buy a product, it is intended to make my life easier, not more laborious by forcing me to continually have to send off PM's/emails/ticket responses only to hear nothing for long periods!

i'm pretty sure that almost everyone who decides to buy a liger banger googles it beforehand to check out the reviews and inevitably ends up on this forum, so most people already knew they'd be signing up for a wait when they were buying one....
That is not a reasonable assumption in my view. The CCA site should contain ANY and ALL relevant information; including material facts essential to a purchasing decision, such as whether the item is in stock and what general lead times can be expected for filling and shipping orders. In the event of an individual delay, all existing customers should be notified by a mass email of the nature of the delay and how long they should expect to wait.

It is not at all reasonable to expect someone to look around various third party internet sites to figure out whether the company will indeed furnish them with the goods that they've already paid for in a reasonable timeframe, or if they might need to wait months to eventually get all of the relevant components in working order - like I have had to more than once (I am still waiting on a variety of replacement components, which thankfully Josh has assured me will come, but manufacturing issues mean that I won't have them for a few months).

Josh himself would tell you that I am beyond understanding of the manufacturing considerations and difficulties which are not his fault relating to the delays in question. I understand that many of the problems have been outside of his control, but one issue that remains within CCA's control is to clearly inform customers on their site (either in the FAQ or shipping info page, couldn't hurt to mention this on all individual product listings too) before taking their money that they assuredly will not receive what they paid for for a few weeks/months depending on the item purchased. That is all that is required here to head off almost all complaints, as @Monsoon has said above.

I cannot understand why this hasn't happened. IMO, CCA710.com should be THE ONLY PLACE that anybody needs to look at to make a purchase from CCA and know how the purchase process will continue forward from that point (any subsequent unforeseen delays should be immediately communicated by email to all relevant customers, no exceptions).

but, a lot of them are simply lacking patience and consideration for what it's like to be a small company making a quality product and suddenly getting hit with overwhelming demand.

Other small companies that made the original quality SiC/Sapphire products like D-nail have always given stock info and lead times up front in the fashion I suggest above. When they were out of stock of pukinbeagle quartz when I first went to order my first d-nail 4 years ago, their site clearly said this and also clarified the timeframes until they would receive new stock. This meant that I was able to wait until stock was back before paying for anything. Any disappointment due to delays was as such avoided.

When d-nail's demand skyrocketed with the introduction of the various halos, I was always given immediate notification of individual order delays by email within days or hours, not weeks or months. Any large scale stock shortages or order lead times were identified clearly on the respective product page on the d-nail site. My products always left d-nail within 1 week of my payment, at the longest! Even when key CS staff left d-nail and had not yet been replaced, there was never any drop-off in this level of communication.

For another example, D-nail do not even list sapphire halos on their site until they are available and in stock, to avoid disappointing customers with long wait times. These are all examples of how to do what I've been saying above in a transparent way. My point is that in a business context where you have external manufacturers - yes, shit happens, but you don't leave your paying customers in the dark when it does.

my main point is that CCA deserves to be cut a bit more slack than they're currently getting. If Josh could do more, better and faster work, he WOULD.
This is surprising to read man, in my view, this thread has been one of the most forgiving on FC where these kinds of issues have come up! Very few people have complained as loudly as I would expect in this scenario, and we long term community members have been as understanding as can be, despite incredibly long delays in some cases (this is a very reasonable community compared to a lot of other dark corners of the internet so this should come as no surprise).

I agree 100% that Josh deserves to be cut some slack for issues beyond his control, and in my view, he has been given that in spades. What I truly hope is that what I mention above can be clearly communicated on the CCA710 site in future, to save a lot of upset customers and to reduce the number of complaints coming in. Josh knows that I have no hard feelings against him and wish him the very best, but I am saying all of this from a perspective of looking out for his business as much as I am looking out for the needs of we the customers!

For anyone with current issues with CCA710 just keep in mind that I've yet to see them outright scam any customers and while it may take some time they always try to make things right for you. I've personally had a few issues with past orders and I was made whole again and then some.
Agreed, even with all that I have said above, please be reassured that if you have not received what you paid for from CCA yet, IME you eventually will. This is not a scamming company in my understanding, just one with some teething difficulties with manufacturers and some issues in communication as above.

Monsoon

I cannot understand why this hasn't happened. IMO, CCA710.com should be THE ONLY PLACE that anybody needs to look at to make a purchase from CCA and know how the purchase process will continue forward from that point (any subsequent unforeseen delays should be immediately communicated by email to all relevant customers, no exceptions).
Fully agree. I've also seen this issue destroy their reputation on reddit, lots of excited purchasers ended up becoming very vocal haters because they either expected it to ship right away or after 2 weeks and then when they email CCA710 to ask what's up they get no reply. It was sad to see and it's really hard to defend them for that other than to say "you'll get it someday" which isn't good enough. I really want to see them succeed but getting a bad rep early on can hurt them down the road since you need to rebuild trust with the customer which takes time.

Danksta

I agree they are not a scam company, if they were they are terrible at scamming by giving away all the free swag they have given out to upset customers (me being one of them). @CCA710 went more than out of their way to resolve things for me and I couldn't be happier. The patience was very well worth, but not everyone would have stuck with Josh. I nearly went the Dnail route and am pleased I didn't.

On another note I was dabbing with @Terpstar last night and he just got a new High5 controller and it's much better than the OG's. If you have one of the original High5's you might consider upgrading. The temps don't fluctuate as much and you're able to get a better dab from it. I plan on upgrading mine soon.

Every part of the chain really does matter. His rig was hitting so nice with the 20 and that controller compared to mine. There was definitely a difference. :science:

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
What kind of controller was it, @Danksta? I can't tell which of their controllers are new other than the basic LED box, which has a blue screen unlike the red-screened unit I got last year.

Marihuana,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@CCA710 went more than out of their way to resolve things for me and I couldn't be happier. The patience was very well worth, but not everyone would have stuck with Josh. I nearly went the Dnail route and am pleased I didn't.

Man, you gave them your hard earned money and they OWED you a product. I keep tripping out reading posts in this thread like this about them "going out of their way" just to give you what you paid for! I don't know why we are giving these companies SO much slack just because they finally decide to give the dog a bone a few months later with an extra dish or something. It's a cop out for bad customer service, it's not going out of their way. Why can't we call a spade a spade anymore? Is our brand loyalty THAT deep?

Last edited:

Danksta

Man, you gave them your hard earned money and they OWED you a product. I keep tripping out reading posts in this thread like this about them "going out of their way" just to give you what you paid for! I don't know why we are giving these companies SO much slack just because they finally decide to give the dog a bone a few months later with an extra dish or something. It's a cop out for bad customer service, it's not going out of their way. Why can't we call a spade a spade anymore? Is our brand loyalty THAT deep?

I agree with you but at the end of the day they didn't scam me. Yes the CS was horrible and still needs improved, but now I have two of the best products on the market. It really is something else.

The way I looked at it was Josh was that old heady dealer who was really a PIA to deal with but was a genuine nice guy and always came through. He happens to be the only guy with the headies. So I put up with how I gotta deal with him. I put up with much bigger PIA's to get my headies. Dealing with Josh was stressful at times, but I knew he had that hetty hetty. So I stuck with it.

Cannabis industry isn't perfect. Stoners create some of the coolest shit but often times have no business sense.

So yea I do have brand loyalty. Josh has THE BEST enail on the market hands down. I've used the 20, 30 and Dnail enough now to form that opinion.

The stress was worth it. I probably got too invested in a man made product.

Time to chill...:zzz:

PoopMachine

Yes

There is something similar but WAY more serious Mrs P is embattled in right now. A product a fitness guru is selling is causing women to have embolisms, hormonal imbalance, miscarriages, strokes, etc and her followers are chirping about all the trolls and how they should just leave this poor woman alone and let her sell her stick of death.

Some people you just cant reach.

I just gave up after being sent what I felt was a faulty carb cap.

Baron23

With anything that payment is taken. There needs to be a clear timeline and an open line of communication. I have MUCH love for Josh, but the lack of response can get to anyone. We all have different levels of what we consider acceptable and I think the big thing here is to try to keep this in mind when responding. My last order was for 2 complete 20mm setups and it took close to 2 months to ship. My money was taken at the point of ordering and I was in a holding pattern. Just because I was cool with waiting does not mean others will have the patience I did and we need to try and help each other with getting through the waiting game. I mean no disrespect to anyone's opinion and am just trying to give a glass half full view =)

It is true that once you have the Liger you forget about all the time you waited and go straight into double rainbow mode
I'm with you, mate. Good product, lousy company execution and quite frankly, although some of us are willing to sit like a mushroom and just wait for delivery, its is certainly not incumbent on everyone to do so. So, I'm not very supportive of attacks on the views of members who have been waiting a very long time with little to no communications. They are entitled to their ire, IMO.

we're talking about a LUXURY item

I also don't agree that its a luxury item. All vape stuff should be viewed, IMO, as a home appliance and no more and we deserve to have the same expectations of vendors as if they were.

Josh himself would tell you that I am beyond understanding of the manufacturing considerations and difficulties which are not his fault relating to the delays in question. I understand that many of the problems have been outside of his control,

Not sure I agree with this one either, my dear friend. Vendor and supply management is simply one of the disciplines that must be mastered to be a successful manufacturer. My customers didn't want to hear about my issues sourcing hard drive spares for their core telecom network equipment. That was MY problem, not theirs, and they properly looked to ME and my company to make sure the supply chain was robust and current enough to supply demand (and yes, sales forecasting was my/my company's problem also...not the customers).

Just saying that this is how the rest of the world, outside of vape forums, views these things.

Cheers friend :tup:

Last edited:

dizaster096

Got my gordo x pb riptide bubble cap works great on the 20mm, insert restricts your movement alittle more than expected but doesn't effect its function. You can still point it around easily, The bubble riptide gives great big hits even at very low temps i'd imagine any bubble cap would be be good for 20mm (dont have a normal one to compare) but the design of this is really nice. Looks like they sold out again though lol.:D Here's some pics of it and on the liger 20mm 3.0.

No fooling around with it for a seal either hope cca710 new carb caps take inspirational from these style of bubble caps. Has 6 tiny holes and is made of boro not quartz, Quality of the cap is very good don't see any imperfections.

Also have a universal riptide its alittle open not enough restriction on the airflow but still has good function just not best pairing with liger and mine isn't too thick so using it on a banger+enail it gets very hot.

Last edited:
dizaster096,
Reactions: Shrike

herbivore21

Not sure I agree with this one either, my dear friend. Vendor and supply management is simply one of the disciplines that must be mastered to be a successful manufacturer. My customers didn't want to hear about my issues sourcing hard drive spares for their core telecom network equipment. That was MY problem, not theirs, and they properly looked to ME and my company to make sure the supply chain was robust and current enough to supply demand (and yes, sales forecasting was my/my company's problem also...not the customers).

Just saying that this is how the rest of the world, outside of vape forums, views these things.

Cheers friend :tup:
Brother I have spoken to Josh recently at length about the issues on the manufacturing side. Josh has had a lot of problems which in my view are to be squarely to be blamed on the manufacturers in question (who it appears have been sending a lot of faulty components to him which did not meet requested requirements), and not himself. These were what I was referring to here. Those problems were unequivocally outside of his control and not his fault.

As I went on to explain though, to properly communicate and manage these issues in a timely fashion is where CCA can be considered the only party responsible, as you rightly point out :) I fully agree that when you have problems with your manufacturers, it is your job to communicate it to your clientèle, this is not the customer's problem as you say! This is why I said that I have been very understanding and moreso than I could be reasonably expected to be.

As usual, couldn't agree with you more man. In this case, I was just acknowledging some nuance that does seem to remain unexplained and which would help a lot of people to realize what's going on.

Danksta

The way the dabbing scene has changed over the year I personally think Josh should just throw in the towel for carb caps. Unless he has a design in his head for glass/quartz caps why bother with metal? I have no desire to use a metal carb cap again if I don't have to. These bubbles and other caps work so great. Spend the R&D on that new insert and getting the V3 in full production. There is zero reason to use his caps once you've used a proper glass cap. :2c:

EDIT: Speaking of caps, has anyone in this thread ordered a Terp Turner Bubble Cap?

Last edited:

ccchase420

TheCCC420 YouTuber
idk about this hate on the storm cell. the hurricanes performance was a bit underwhelming for me but the storm cell rips harder than anything i've put on it. storm cell seal is better than anything i've found so far but i haven't used PB style bubble caps or proper directional flow stuff with a stem. i do feel the storm cell moves the oil around in the insert i just have to rip it pretty hard to do so especially with the 20mm and it's deep barrel.

Top Bottom