CCA Liger banger V3.0

Danksta

So I just received my flat-coil v3 with SiC and Quartz dishes.. only used the SiC so far.

I was caught off guard by how huge the dish is... I mean, huge. I generally only do little dabs about the size of a grain a rice so I have a feeling its overkill, but I assume not a big deal.

I'm curious what other flat-coil / 30mm liger users are rocking for SiC temps and general opinions as to whether a huge dish for tiny dabs might be an issue?

So glad you asked. I've been having a great week with my 30mm/SiC and have mainly been doing small dabs. I now have the locking nut SUPER tight. I noticed every time I heated the Liger up and then cooled it down, I could tighten it a little more. I can no longer tighten it by hand and feel I have a REALLY nice connection now. I aim my dabs in the very center and circle around, trying not to use the sides if I can. I find starting in the center and spreading the dab gives the best hit. Before I had it this tight I had to use the sides to get the oil off the dabber. I don't find the need to use the sides as much now.

I love the 30mm and honestly wouldn't want anything smaller. I really wanna try the 20mm, but I feel having a larger surface area is more important to me atm.

Just because it's a big dish doesn't mean you need to do large dabs.

Happy to hear you are all set up! :rockon:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
there's no danger in shorting out the coil getting it that tight inside of the sheath?

No danger at all, the coil is made to be against metal whether it be the bucket, the shroud, or the lock nut. It should all be as snug as you can get it.

FYI Guys, ALL back ordered Storm Cell caps are being shipped in the next week. So if you are waiting on a Storm Cell cap it is going to go out in the next few days, that includes orders from High5

OC513

Dabaholic
Man just finished all 38 pages and it was like a roller coaster ride. The ups and downs are crazy. Oh boy do I want one of these things now but want to know what are wait times like now? I dont want to pay now and wait two months. If thats the case I will wait until they are readily available. Seems I am gonna need (guess none of us are going off need here, more like desire) a HexNail now as well. This thread is gonna be rough on my wallet but hey thats why we work.

edit:spelling

OC513,

brucee10

My storm cell is riding the USPS truck today to get delivered, but my office is closed. Oh well, fun toy for Monday.

brucee10,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Man just finished all 38 pages and it was like a roller coaster ride. The ups and downs are crazy. Oh boy do I want one of these things now but want to know what are wait times like now? I dont want to pay now and wait two months. If thats the case I will wait until they are readily available. Seems I am gonna need (guess none of us are going off need here, more like desire) a HexNail now as well. This thread is gonna be rough on my wallet but hey thats why we work.

edit:spelling

Nothing will take 2 months from now but everything will be in stock soon, what are you looking to buy?
The only thing not in stock are the Flat coil inserts. Sic should be in in 1 week. Quartz in 1-2 weeks and Sapphire in 3-4 weeks.

Everything else is in stock and shipping withing 1-2 weeks.

OC513

Dabaholic
Nothing will take 2 months from now but everything will be in stock soon, what are you looking to buy?
The only thing not in stock are the Flat coil inserts. Sic should be in in 1 week. Quartz in 1-2 weeks and Sapphire in 3-4 weeks.

Everything else is in stock and shipping withing 1-2 weeks.
Very helpful, thanks. After all this reading I am ready to pull the trigger on a full 20mm setup, storm cell with ball point dabber and SiC insert. The sapphire down the road. The storm cell does seat nicely on its own on the 20mm right?

OC513,

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Hmmm ...

So, I like to hot swap inserts.
Typically not that big of a deal, just be careful.

The 20mm is a breeze.
I have a pair of forceps that you can reach down into the insert while it's in the bucket and grab it from the inside; don't drop it on the transfer and you're good to go.
Don't worry, I didn't drop it!

The 30mm is a little more involved, but still simple.
The forceps won't grab the inside of the 30mm inserts as they aren't as deep and have an angled inner wall.
So you can just remove the entire nail from the rig and turn it upside down over a silicone container.
Rotate the bucket 90* and slide in the next desired insert.

Well just a bit ago, I removed the 30mm SiC insert; easy peasy.
But when sliding in the next insert (which happened to be my Sapphire insert) it got very slightly askew and wedged into the bucket about 80% of the way down.

When the nail was still hot I turned it upside down and lightly tapped and it didn't want to come out.
Then I let the nail cool so I could take it apart and handle everything w/o gettting burnt.
I was concerned that the bucket would contract too much and cause the insert to crack.
Thankfully that didn't happen!

Buuut the insert is still stuck in the 30mm bucket.

Sometimes in the past when faced with a frustrating situation I've moved to quickly and haven't fixed the problem (perhaps even made it worse).
So I don't plan on doing anything rash now.
Has this happened to anyone else?
If so what did you do to unstick your insert?
I am open to suggestions.

So far I'm thinking:

1) Screw the bucket on upside down positioned over a nice soft, heat resistant drop pad.
Turn the nail up in stages until ~900* and hope that the Ti expands enough to allow the Sapphire insert to simply drop out. WOO-HOO!

2) A squirt of canned air through the very small gap on the "high" side of the insert and hope it pops out?
Perhaps a bit more violent approach the #1, but one can slightly modulate the air flow on the cans of air.

3) Non petroleum based liquid lubricant.
Olive, coconut oil? (or what?)
It would be ironic to get the insert out and proceed to drop it on the floor because it's so damn slippery!

4) Petroleum based lubricant; ala WD-40 or somesuch.
Might be the easiest, other than the necessary cleanup and lingering irrational fear that everything now tastes like WD-40 when I dab off of this nail!!!

5) Your brilliant advice.

I'm thinking start with #1 and hope that works.
This post is primarily a call for advice as well as being a good way to slow down and try to crystallize my thoughts.

TL/DR?: My 30mm Sapphire insert is stuck in my V3 bucket!
How to get it out?
Choose 1-4 or choose 5 and add your own smartass (and hopefully helpful) advice!

:p;):doh:

Last edited:
alittledabwilldoya',
Reactions: damm

Scootcha

1) Screw the bucket on upside down positioned over a nice soft, heat resistant drop pad.
Turn the nail up in stages until ~900* and hope that the Ti expands enough to allow the Sapphire insert to simply drop out. WOO-HOO!

My vote. But I would hold a dabber across the mouth to keep it from falling out. once it's free you can lower it a little and grab it with your forceps.

I'd also have a drop pad just in case.

damm

Hmmm ...

So, I like to hot swap inserts.
Typically not that big of a deal, just be careful.

The 20mm is a breeze.
I have a pair of forceps that you can reach down into the insert while it's in the bucket and grab it from the inside; don't drop it on the transfer and you're good to go.
Don't worry, I didn't drop it!

5) Your brilliant advice.

So take an ice cube and put it on top of the sapphire dish and let it sit there for a minute to hopefully let the sapphire contract while you turn on the heat to 250 somewhere while it heats up and the ice cube melts they should free up maybe

if you catch it maybe no damage?

Danksta

Spent some time with the Storm cell carp cap over the weekend and was a bit surprised by my findings. The Hurricane offers a better seal. The Storm cell is more airy and just not as good on the 30mm. I've come to the same realization @Baron23 had, neither of these caps are perfect.

@Betatesters; was a cap that actually covered the top of the bucket ever tested? Both The Hurricane and Storm are lacking because neither really creates a seal.

I much prefer the dnail and it's carp cap system at this point. Which basically means it's the better nail until a proper carp cap is made for the liger IMO.

Any glassblowers on this site able to make a carp cap for a 30mm please let me know. I'm not sure the ones @Baron23 linked would cover a 30mm bucket.

The search for the right carp cap continues... :bang:

EDIT: Could someone tell me the depth of the 30mm with insert? Thanks in advance. Found a blower.

Last edited:

ED421

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking on this thread for a while trying to learn as much as possible. I've been making my own concentrates for years but I've kind of ignored the new developments in devices. I've never owned any sort of E Nail and I'm looking for some advice. I'm currently using the W9 Hercules as my daily driver but I'm thinking of getting a complete E Nail setup and I would love some advise from all the pros on this thread.

First, I'm thinking of getting an Auber RDK-200 or an RDK-300 controller as well as Aubin heat coils. Anybody have experience with either of these? Any thoughts? I'm also open to other suggestions but I'm hoping not to spend too much money. At least until I'm a little more experienced with E Nails.

Second, I'm pretty torn between the Liger and the D-Nail Halos. I know that this is the Liger thread so it has lots of fans here but I'd like folks honest opinions. As a complete noob to E-Nails (and to be honest not very experienced with torch nails either) which contraption would you guys recommend? I'm pretty handy and not afraid to get technical but I'd like people's opinions on ease of use and learning curves.

Finally, if I do go with the Liger should I get the 20mm basket or the 30mm flat? I know it's probably just a matter of taste (no pun intended) but do either of them seem to have particular pros and cons?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer! I've read this whole thread and definitely learned a lot already!

PS Any other word of wisdom you can share with a noob trying to get started would be greatly appreciated! There's nothing I hate more than buyers remorse so I'm hoping you guys can help me avoid some common mistakes.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hello everyone!

I've been lurking on this thread for a while trying to learn as much as possible. I've been making my own concentrates for years but I've kind of ignored the new developments in devices. I've never owned any sort of E Nail and I'm looking for some advice. I'm currently using the W9 Hercules as my daily driver but I'm thinking of getting a complete E Nail setup and I would love some advise from all the pros on this thread.

First, I'm thinking of getting an Auber RDK-200 or an RDK-300 controller as well as Aubin heat coils. Anybody have experience with either of these? Any thoughts? I'm also open to other suggestions but I'm hoping not to spend too much money. At least until I'm a little more experienced with E Nails.

Second, I'm pretty torn between the Liger and the D-Nail Halos. I know that this is the Liger thread so it has lots of fans here but I'd like folks honest opinions. As a complete noob to E-Nails (and to be honest not very experienced with torch nails either) which contraption would you guys recommend? I'm pretty handy and not afraid to get technical but I'd like people's opinions on ease of use and learning curves.

Finally, if I do go with the Liger should I get the 20mm basket or the 30mm flat? I know it's probably just a matter of taste (no pun intended) but do either of them seem to have particular pros and cons?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer! I've read this whole thread and definitely learned a lot already!

PS Any other word of wisdom you can share with a noob trying to get started would be greatly appreciated! There's nothing I hate more than buyers remorse so I'm hoping you guys can help me avoid some common mistakes.

My favorite setup currently is the 20mm V3 Liger but the flat coil is a close second. And honestly the sapphire halo is no slouch either in it's own right but this is the Liger thread and my nail of choice is the 20mm V3 Liger.
the flat coil is better in a lot of situations ,I guess let's start with the material you use and what size dabs you take?

ED421

My favorite setup currently is the 20mm V3 Liger but the flat coil is a close second. And honestly the sapphire halo is no slouch either in it's own right but this is the Liger thread and my nail of choice is the 20mm V3 Liger.
the flat coil is better in a lot of situations ,I guess let's start with the material you use and what size dabs you take?
Thanks for the reply @mrbonsai420 !
I make my own concentrate using butane and vacuum/low heat purged. It's generally a not too crumbly wax to a clear shatter depending what filters I use when making it. It's hard to say what size dabs I'm looking for because the Hercules I've been using doesn't really work like that. In general I'm probably looking for bigger dabs. How do these factors affect use?

I know this is the Liger thread and most folks here are Liger fans but there isn't really a specific thread for comparisons between the Liger and the Halo. I was just curious what folks thought about them, especially for a noob.

ED421,
Reactions: Danksta

Danksta

Thanks for the reply @mrbonsai420 !
I make my own concentrate using butane and vacuum/low heat purged. It's generally a not too crumbly wax to a clear shatter depending what filters I use when making it. It's hard to say what size dabs I'm looking for because the Hercules I've been using doesn't really work like that. In general I'm probably looking for bigger dabs. How do these factors affect use?

I know this is the Liger thread and most folks here are Liger fans but there isn't really a specific thread for comparisons between the Liger and the Halo. I was just curious what folks thought about them, especially for a noob.

If I was a n00b I'd probably go for the Dnail because there is less room for error on the setup. It's a very nice setup and a great entry into dabbing. Once you get comfortable with dabbing you could always sell it and get a Liger.

I prefer the Liger 30mm because of the large surface area myself. If I had to choose Liger or Dnail, I'd stick with my Liger. I love it, but it took some patience to get setup. If it was my first experience in enails I might have given up.

The dnail should hold it's value if you take care of it. It should be easy to sell here on classifieds.

Danksta,
Reactions: ED421

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
If I was a n00b I'd probably go for the Dnail because there is less room for error on the setup. It's a very nice setup and a great entry into dabbing. Once you get comfortable with dabbing you could always sell it and get a Liger.

I prefer the Liger 30mm because of the large surface area myself. If I had to choose Liger or Dnail, I'd stick with my Liger. I love it, but it took some patience to get setup. If it was my first experience in enails I might have given up.

The dnail should hold it's value if you take care of it. It should be easy to sell here on classifieds.

This is going to sound like me being an ass, but really I am being playful...

I have both and it seems like anyone with an average IQ would be fine with either setup honestly. How hard is it to set up an Enail? Now if you have the IQ of COCO the Gorilla like Customgrow420 maybe it's time to lay off the meds all together and read a book. :rofl:

Danksta

This is going to sound like me being an ass, but really I am being playful...

I have both and it seems like anyone with an average IQ would be fine with either setup honestly. How hard is it to set up an Enail? Now if you have the IQ of COCO the Gorilla like Customgrow420 maybe it's time to lay off the meds all together and read a book. :rofl:

Funny. The sad truth is as much as I love the liger I can't say I'd recommend it as ones first enail.

It's not plug and play out of the box. Let's not kid ourselves.

Scootcha

I had to order a new SiC dish due to me being super stoned and trying to clean my Liger. I blasted my Bates Outside pump with the handle of a pair of pliers, shit my pants, screamed like a spastic woman, dropped my SiC dish and watched it bounce across the garage floor cracking 2 big chunks off.

On the bright side, with in like 30min of ordering the dish I got tracking info. Hopefully it comes along with the replacement Stormcell.

NSFL WARNING. Makes me cry.
http://i.imgur.com/BfufQN9.jpg

Last edited:

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Well, I tried #1:

But no Woo-Hoo.
Insert is still stuck.

:cry:

alittledabwilldoya',

Gn0sis

Hello everyone!

I have the D-nail SiC (silicon carbide) and Sapphire Halos and I also own a Liger v3 30mm with sapphire insert.

For the best inexpensive starter set, I'd suggest you get a D-nail SiC Halo with either of the Auber units you mentioned. Besides this being the cheapest option, the other great benefit of it is that you can also use a torch to heat up the SiC Halo as a backup once you retire it, if the enail isn't working or if you want to take it outside.

Then, whenever you're ready to upgrade and spend to get the best, get a Liger with a sapphire insert. Can't go wrong with either the 20mm or 30mm.

EVlL 55

Hello everyone...
Does anybody have any idea how well the Boro Termini caps seal on the 20 v3 bucket?....
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
EVlL 55,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@ED421

For aquiring experience with enails the auber units seems not to be the worst choice as first enail.
Lot of positive reviews all around, here on FC and otherwhere. And I dont believe that much more expansive ones like the D-nails have a better performance.

The nail. In this thread there are a lot of reviews, comparing performance of D-Nail Halo and Liger too.
You will see thats a question of personal preferences and using. Big dabs or smaller ones? What kind of concentrates? Flavour or vapor chaser?
IMO overall there evolves the opinion that a real progress in material is SiC, an allrounder and worth the money.
Perhaps its better for a noob to try first a cheaper one for personal experiences?

Some posts ago someone (Bonsai?) recommended the TAG SiC nail as a cheaper entrance to the world of SiC. Give it a try. If you like it upgrade to Liger or Halo. Up to then probs with unsatisfying performance of the CCA carb caps - the most common point of critic and advantage of the Halo for a few people atm - will belong to the past.
After your decision you can use furthermore the TAG as a portable torch nail or spent it to a friend.

As a US noob I would start with this setup.

Top Bottom