CCA Liger banger V3.0

mutten840

I know if anyone puts their liger on the want ads, it will be snatched up quickly. Personally I still prefer the 20mm liger over Dnail and all the other flavors out there. The Halo has its pros and cons just like everything else and in the end comes down to a large serving of personal opinion :tup:

herbivore21

I know if anyone puts their liger on the want ads, it will be snatched up quickly. Personally I still prefer the 20mm liger over Dnail and all the other flavors out there. The Halo has its pros and cons just like everything else and in the end comes down to a large serving of personal opinion :tup:
The preference between the two as I say is definitely going to be dependent on the user's scenario. I use different meds to what most are dabbing (although a recent poll in another thread revealed that a number more are enjoying the melts nowadays :) ) so I can always see that there could be other preferences. I personally have a prominent place for both the 30mm Liger with Sapphire and the Sapphire Halo as my main drivers :)

I really think the important thing in the recent discussion is that the growing pains are overcome. This thread should be abuzz with happy customers like the old one was! I look forward to seeing that again :) :peace:

I for one have no problem at all with Josh/CCA for clarification, just sharing a concern from a customer's point of view. Much of the obvious disappointment in the tone of my last post is aimed at the other vendors (whom I will not mention for fear that I will fall foul of the 'no company bashing' rule).

The v3 Ligers are obviously some of the very best nails out there. Let's hope that Josh keeps up with the growth in demand and continues to give us more of the very best :D

BTW I'd never sell either of my sapphire e-nails in the classifieds ads. If anything I'd sell my various other quartz/ti/SiC and keep the sapphire which is what I know I'll use forever :)

KimDracula

A lot of customer anger would be headed off if things were listed as out of stock when they weren't in stock. What gets people mad the quickest is paying for things that turn out not to be there. Then they aren't notified as to when their order will be filled. Then even if they get all the right stuff they are already angry and annoyed that there are no directions or tips to get the Liger working properly (Customgrow420 just got one from High Five and couldn't get the 30mm working properly. He's got a lot of YouTube subscribers who just got a bad first impression of the Liger). Then if they don't get the right stuff they are already done with it psychologically because they heard nothing for months and then had to contact CCA710 anyway. I wish Josh would make some minor changes to the website to address these things. He's brought us a wonderful product and I hope CCA710 reaches its full potential.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I use a Thermoworks product. Josh uses a Fluke.
Not sure if product links are ok?
ThermaQ® 2 Channel Thermocouple Alarm
matched with the Heavy Duty Surface Probe (K-020)

They had a great sale in December. Sorry you missed it.

Nice, thanks! That looks perfect.

And don't get me started on the website. The "Authorities" took it down last time because of the educational portions on medical concentrates. He has to now break it into 2 separate websites to be legal. The crap you learn starting a MMJ business I guess?

And YAY for package day! It looks like orders are shipping now. If you are waiting on your Liger it should be on it's way!

I just got my production version 30mm V3 and he has made some refinements to the lip on top and the nut below. Nice improvements there and on the packaging! I also received my Blue 16mm, this thing is beautiful and will be MUCH better outdoors than the V2 with the shroud. AND MY 20MM SAPPHIRE!! It looks like my friends and family are getting some much needed upgrades too now! (My old ones lol).
Plus a sword dabber for good measure :rockon:

U5YMoqy.jpg

Last edited:

Monsoon

And YAY for package day!
I just got my production version 30mm V3 and he has made some refinements to the lip on top and the nut below. Nice improvements there and on the packaging! I also received my Blue 16mm, this thing is beautiful and will be MUCH better outdoors than the V2 with the shroud. AND MY 20MM SAPPHIRE!! It looks like my friends and family are getting some much needed upgrades too now! (My old ones lol).

U5YMoqy.jpg
Love the new packaging, definitely an improvement!

After awhile and in comparison to the storm cell now, I actually think the Hurricane offers more restrictive airflow. Residue buildup on the hurricane seems to help the seal a bit but it's still mostly a matter of developing the muscle memory to get it on just right. That said, despite a less restrictive airflow I prefer the Storm Cell since it fits on right everytime.

Been using the SiC more than the Sapphire lately mostly because I don't need to worry about it. I can jack up the temp high for cleaning, don't have to worry about getting water in there and burn off is easier if I forget to clean up a dab.

I agree with a few others that Josh needs to find a way of at least getting status info out more efficiently. Even a simple weekly blog post with stock status updates would be good and should reduce his email queue at the same time.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Love the new packaging, definitely an improvement!

After awhile and in comparison to the storm cell now, I actually think the Hurricane offers more restrictive airflow. Residue buildup on the hurricane seems to help the seal a bit but it's still mostly a matter of developing the muscle memory to get it on just right. That said, despite a less restrictive airflow I prefer the Storm Cell since it fits on right everytime.

Been using the SiC more than the Sapphire lately mostly because I don't need to worry about it. I can jack up the temp high for cleaning, don't have to worry about getting water in there and burn off is easier if I forget to clean up a dab.

I agree with a few others that Josh needs to find a way of at least getting status info out more efficiently. Even a simple weekly blog post with stock status updates would be good and should reduce his email queue at the same time.

I prefer the 230 degree tech with a dropper of water and a dropper or qtip of ISO for cleaning all 3 inserts now. Works great. I have tried just about everything and this is what I have found gets in them the cleanest without the degradation of overheating them. I used to torch mine lol :razz:

ItWasaGoodDre

And don't get me started on the website. The "Authorities" took it down last time because of the educational portions on medical concentrates. He has to now break it into 2 separate websites to be legal. The crap you learn starting a MMJ business I guess?

And YAY for package day! It looks like orders are shipping now. If you are waiting on your Liger it should be on it's way!

U5YMoqy.jpg

That packaging is sick! Must be brand new, eh??? I got my liger 2 weeks ago and it most definitely did not come in this. Lol. Try UPS box with plastic baggies and no labels or markings of any kind. I picked up a SiC insert last week though and it arrived in a mini version of this box. I wonder if Josh would mind sending

Also, my Liger didn't come with any of the 3 attachments on the left hand side of boxes. All that came with mine is the main unit shown in the upper right hand of the boxes. Should I have received of these too?

ItWasaGoodDre,

herbivore21

A lot of customer anger would be headed off if things were listed as out of stock when they weren't in stock. What gets people mad the quickest is paying for things that turn out not to be there. Then they aren't notified as to when their order will be filled. Then even if they get all the right stuff they are already angry and annoyed that there are no directions or tips to get the Liger working properly (Customgrow420 just got one from High Five and couldn't get the 30mm working properly. He's got a lot of YouTube subscribers who just got a bad first impression of the Liger). Then if they don't get the right stuff they are already done with it psychologically because they heard nothing for months and then had to contact CCA710 anyway. I wish Josh would make some minor changes to the website to address these things. He's brought us a wonderful product and I hope CCA710 reaches its full potential.
lol man that customgrow video he is clearly setting up the coil outside of the heater cover, like underneath it with the retaining nut sandwiching it on the bottom lol. He set the controller to 1614f to get a hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My jaw dropped! lol

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
lol man that customgrow video he is clearly setting up the coil outside of the heater cover, like underneath it with the retaining nut sandwiching it on the bottom lol. He set the controller to 1614f to get a hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My jaw dropped! lol

Video should be titled: The definitive video of improper setup and non-safe usage of an enail + Liger.

KimDracula

Damn, you're right. I noticed it glowing when he cranked it, but didn't think that was the coil on the outside. Silly move on his part but we've seen some people have more reasonable problems that could be avoided with some simple instructions. Perhaps a list of components where one would be labeled HEATER SHROUD may have helped (although I wouldn't bet on it). What's also funny is that High Five responds to negative comments saying he pushed the wrong buttons (which I didn't understand either).

KimDracula,
Reactions: Gn0sis

DatFire

Wut happened to dat skunk?
Yeah totally. Customgrow420 gets both carb caps on the fly while customers waiting over a month are left hanging, and a beta gets two boxes full of new gear. But somehow its impossible to send out an email. Can't meet customer demands but let's do more promotion? @mrbonsai420 do you understand why that's infuriating?

Look at the disaster that happened in this thread during preorder. So keep doing the same thing and expect different results? Blame the manufacturer. Cut us a break we're new at this. Oh it takes one to two weeks for custom manufacturing. Still saying the same BS. And didn't address what caused the customer service issues. They didn't even fix the manufacturing. But the payment system is spot on. That's not growing pains @mrbonsai420. That's not even growing. What is that a V4?

mutten840

I have to say the pics of the packaging made me sad also
Guess that's the price you pay for being an early adopter. Meh

mutten840,

papapotbelly

you can easily clean the inserts etc with just plain cold water. no need to heat anything, just let it soak a bit and then qtip out the black stuff, done.

@Seth, that is a great tip! This got my inserts so clean, so easy! Best cleaning technique yet. For anyone who missed this post with all the other issues being raised, try this next time your inserts get gunked up.

Cold water soak for 5 minutes, put your back into the Q-tip, cleanest my inserts have been since I got 'em and SO EASY!

PS: the retail packaging is in, how cool does this look? Also, should hopefully solve the issues of "I just got a bag of parts, now what?". Now let's get Josh an assistant and distributor so we can all have one of these boxes sitting on our dab tables! :-)

HOEcEft.jpg

H9dvKvg.jpg

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Really nice! Is it a rainbow? Most I've seen are much to coloured for my taste. But this one has combined damm cool colours except of the silver-golden joint! Would like to see this combi after some serious heatings!
Perhaps I should change my order? :hmm:

Hogni,

papapotbelly

Really nice! Is it a rainbow? Most I've seen are much to coloured for my taste. But this one has combined damm cool colours except of the silver-golden joint! Would like to see this combi after some serious heatings!
Perhaps I should change my order? :hmm:

I'm guessing Rainbow but I always just let Josh surprise me since as you say, the color is going to evolve with heat/time.

Here it is on the piece with a night's worth of use under its fur.

C3AKxVw.jpg

HW2KAHv.jpg

The silver joint already looks a lot more bluish, which I like.

DatFire

I'm guessing Rainbow but I always just let Josh surprise me since as you say, the color is going to evolve with heat/time.

Here it is on the piece with a night's worth of use under its fur.

C3AKxVw.jpg

HW2KAHv.jpg

The silver joint already looks a lot more bluish, which I like.
Have to admit the gold looks great. But the rainbow is hit and miss. My rainbow joint looks more like tarnish black with some blue. The other is ok. But compared to the HE colored ti, this stuff looks amatuerish and not even close to the site pics. I would have gone all gold had I seen how poorly they were done. Looks like we, well the paying customers anyway, all financed [sic] learning venture into colored Ti. Ok for $30 nail. Total BS for a $300-600 nail. Seriously that doesn't bother anyone?

Last edited:
DatFire,

DatFire

That packaging is sick! Must be brand new, eh??? I got my liger 2 weeks ago and it most definitely did not come in this. Lol. Try UPS box with plastic baggies and no labels or markings of any kind. I picked up a SiC insert last week though and it arrived in a mini version of this box. I wonder if Josh would mind sending

Also, my Liger didn't come with any of the 3 attachments on the left hand side of boxes. All that came with mine is the main unit shown in the upper right hand of the boxes. Should I have received of these too?
Only if you ordered all the joint adapters. Otherwise no.

DatFire,

herbivore21

Damn, you're right. I noticed it glowing when he cranked it, but didn't think that was the coil on the outside. Silly move on his part but we've seen some people have more reasonable problems that could be avoided with some simple instructions. Perhaps a list of components where one would be labeled HEATER SHROUD may have helped (although I wouldn't bet on it). What's also funny is that High Five responds to negative comments saying he pushed the wrong buttons (which I didn't understand either).
lol! Man that video was like a blooper real at the end of a film or something. It was genuinely the worst review I've ever seen!

I saw those high five comments too, makes no sense at all to me either lol it seems like he pressed buttons to turn that shit right up and succeeded.

You are right on too, the product comes with no instructions and tbh, that shit is what happens when you do not give people clear explanations of how to assemble things. The lack of instructions really needs to be resolved. There need to be instructions featuring clear diagrams, warnings and detailed written explanation of how to assemble and care for the unit.

I don't think customgrow should be reviewing products though. To spend half an hour doing a video review, get to the end of it and get several messed up inefficiently heated dabs (mostly wasted into the air - a process which customgrow seemed to enjoy exacerbating by lumping more dabs onto an evidently cool nail!) when setting the controller beyond temps that are safe to run a hot runner coil only to give a positive review for the product made me nearly fall off my chair! What exactly gets a negative review or a discussion about the elephant in the room - that this device as he has set it up is definitely not working properly!

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I have to say the pics of the packaging made me sad also
Guess that's the price you pay for being an early adopter. Meh

Yeah, I preorder a lot and that is pretty common for packaging to change, or to be non-existant early. In fact I have had over 20 CCA products going back to the Turtle banger (Pre-Liger) and nothing CCA has had packaging until this week, This is a new thing :). Missing a box isn't really missing out on much, not like a big design change. Not like my non recessed Milaana vs the recessed ones that I would have gotten If I would have waited until after release. But I was an early supporter of RBT and that's cool too.

The boxes are band new, yes. And while it's nice packaging it's a little like Iphone packaging to me. It gets thrown in a drawer with the Iphone 7 box and Mighty box to never get used again lol. But a nice touch, very applesque. @mutten840 if you feel bad about not getting a box you can have mine...And my iphone 7 box! I plan on having both in use at all times and won't be boxing them back up. Just playing but for real I bet I can get you a box.

I'm sure a few pre-production units do go out to guys who get a lot of hits on their videos to get word of mouth out. Most pre-production units are for the Beta-team to iron out things like the flat coil shroud and nut design and some funny mishaps like mine and Chases first V3 Storm cells locking themselves inside the bucket! lol:bang:
I am not sure how this gentleman got his, it may be because his videos get thousands of views and publicity, or he may have purchased it? Either way I wouldn't be jealous of this guy for sure! lol That Video... I just don't know where to start. I guess common sense can be taken for granted sometimes! I wonder PB quartz nails come with instructions too? Yes... the coil should be touching the bottom of the bucket which comes in contact with the dab surface, With the shroud below and around the coil...to SHROUD it. and the locking nut goes on under that.
I'm surprised that guy didn't just stick a bud of flower in the Liger red hot and just smoke it
Instructions are being added to the package now!

Anyway if you have paid for your order and it has not been shipped out you are one of the few left for sure. He has been shipping orders for days now. He did take part of a day off from shipping to answer emails, but then it was back to shipping. Please PM me and I will text Josh to check on your order, I'm pretty sure he is catching up now.

Those are the glass joint adapters, your Liger came with whatever size adapters you ordered with it. I have and use a lot of glass in various sizes. So what you see there is a 14/18mm Male adapter, a 14/18mm Female adapter, a 10mm Male adapter, and a 10mm Female adapter. Most people didn't order the 10mm attachments but I am using the little 16mm on a travel setup and I will use it with tons of glass including some 10mm pieces. No need for them unless you have different sized glass to use it with.

Last edited:

turk

turk
.....it is very much appreciated to hear a coherent response...I applaud you in your efforts to get the word out..:wave:...definitely appreciated your assistance with my inquiries...

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
I received my finalized heat shroud for the 30mm.
Design is muuuch better, one can easily get the locking nut tight enough using only one's hands.
But more importantly, it really seems to retain the heat more efficiently.

Prior to this I preferred the 20mm (pretty much hands down).
Two dabs in on the finalized 30mm and the 30mm may be the winner (IMHO).

More experimentation is necessary ...

:science:

Top Bottom