CCA Liger banger V3.0

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Sir Bonsai:),
Do you ever burn your fingers taking the cap off after leaving it on for a dab?
I find the handle gets hot if you do not take it off immediately after the last intake of product.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Sir Bonsai:),
Do you ever burn your fingers taking the cap off after leaving it on for a dab?
I find the handle gets hot if you do not take it off immediately after the last intake of product.

Yep,
There was a prototype cap called the Honey Hole a while back that would burn the skin off of your fingertips! lol

This has been a long time gripe of mine. That's where the design for the skelly handle was born. The heat doesn't travel through the skelly handle as much as the older designs or even the contour handle. I find I can grab the tip of the skeleton handle when it's been on for a while. But this is the first handle this was possible with, I used to use little pieces of silicone on the tips of all of my older Storm Cell and other Ti caps to protect my fingers. You will see little green rubbery nubs on the tips of the storm cells in my older pictures pre-skeleton handle lol.
I also found a cool little hand blown glass holder for a few bucks on IG that holds the Hurricane perfectly so I don't have to keep it on there, But I still forget and do sometimes of course.

Contour will get a bit hot after a while but if you grab the very tip it's manageable. But the skeleton handle disperses the heat enough to keep it cool enough to leave the skin on your fingers

ByIXKUP.jpg

Have to admit the gold looks great. But the rainbow is hit and miss. My rainbow joint looks more like tarnish black with some blue. The other is ok. But compared to the HE colored ti, this stuff looks amatuerish and not even close to the site pics. I would have gone all gold had I seen how poorly they were done. Looks like we, well the paying customers anyway, all financed [sic] learning venture into colored Ti. Ok for $30 nail. Total BS for a $300-600 nail. Seriously that doesn't bother anyone?

They look good to me? unfortunately it doesn't matter because it's going to change color as you use it. Check out the one in the pic above. I don't remember If I got that one in Purple, or rainbow? But I think purple and it is now a blue purple blend? I don't know but it's been heated for hundreds and hundreds of hours, soaked, torched, cleaned, and reheated lol. Mine change color so often I don't even specify what color I want any more.
But I will tell you that every rainbow will look different. IF you want to know exactly what your Liger will look like just get a single color. My baby blue 16mm looks awesome!

Last edited:

herbivore21

Yep,
There was a prototype cap called the Honey Hole a while back that would burn the skin off of your fingertips! lol

This has been a long time gripe of mine. That's where the design for the skelly handle was born. The heat doesn't travel through the skelly handle as much as the older designs or even the contour handle. I find I can grab the tip of the skeleton handle when it's been on for a while. But this is the first handle this was possible with, I used to use little pieces of silicone on the tips of all of my older Storm Cell and other Ti caps to protect my fingers. You will see little green rubbery nubs on the tips of the storm cells in my older pictures pre-skeleton handle lol.
I also found a cool little hand blown glass holder for a few bucks on IG that holds the Hurricane perfectly so I don't have to keep it on there, But I still forget and do sometimes of course.

Contour will get a bit hot after a while but if you grab the very tip it's manageable. But the skeleton handle disperses the heat enough to keep it cool enough to leave the skin on your fingers

ByIXKUP.jpg
The d-nail forked handle works with the Liger caps (although actually my Storm Cell doesn't work with it, strange!) and does not get hot at the handle IME, even when you 'leave your hat on' while you dab :D It is also a little longer so prevents one from hitting their wrist with the hot carb while holding it from the handle (especially those of us with big hands).

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
The d-nail forked handle works with the Liger caps (although actually my Storm Cell doesn't work with it, strange!) and does not get hot at the handle IME, even when you 'leave your hat on' while you dab :D It is also a little longer so prevents one from hitting their wrist with the hot carb while holding it from the handle (especially those of us with big hands).

herbivore21 how long is the d-nail fork?

Silat,

DatFire

Wut happened to dat skunk?
Yep,

ByIXKUP.jpg

They look good to me? unfortunately it doesn't matter because it's going to change color as you use it. Check out the one in the pic above. I don't remember If I got that one in Purple, or rainbow? But I think purple and it is now a blue purple blend? I don't know but it's been heated for hundreds and hundreds of hours, soaked, torched, cleaned, and reheated lol. Mine change color so often I don't even specify what color I want any more.
But I will tell you that every rainbow will look different. IF you want to know exactly what your Liger will look like just get a single color. My baby blue 16mm looks awesome!
A firehose of excuses. Man obviously the bucket parts that get directly heated will change color. Obviously there will be variation in the rainbow. But that variation is HUGE. Some look great and some look like botched easter eggs. Why not fix the issue instead of minimizing people's concerns? I'm like the third or fourth person to bring this up. And I got the same dismissive response.

DatFire,

Monsoon

although actually my Storm Cell doesn't work with it, strange!
Odd, works with mine though the threading is a bit short like on the hurricane cap.

herbivore21 how long is the d-nail fork?
It's about 1cm longer than the CCA dabbers, I suggested that as the length for the dabbers and I think Josh will make the change at some point.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
A firehose of excuses. Man obviously the bucket parts that get directly heated will change color. Obviously there will be variation in the rainbow. But that variation is HUGE. Some look great and some look like botched easter eggs. Why not fix the issue instead of minimizing people's concerns? I'm like the third or fourth person to bring this up. And I got the same dismissive response.

If you would like me to help you with an order, DM me your info and I will make sure your order is 100%. If you are waiting on anything you paid for I am not aware of it, and if you are asking for a replacement of a sub-par product, I am also not aware of it. Message me and I know Josh will make it right.
If you aren't satisfied with the anodization color, I am pretty sure Josh stands behind all of his work and would make it right if you received a "botched" one.
Personally I think people are expecting too much exactness out of the rainbow. I don't know if discontinuing the rainbow color or putting a disclaimer that they will all look a little different underneath? I think Purple, blue, gold, and silver is enough of a choice and nobody has complained about those colors. I like my rainbow finished ones but I knew they would change and morph slightly over time with heat, which they have.

Either way if you have ANY problems with your order that you want corrected message me and let me know your info. Josh has been pretty great so far about taking care of his customers.

Last edited:

DatFire

If you would like me to help you with an order, DM me your info and I will make sure your order is 100%. If you are waiting on anything you paid for I am not aware of it, and if you are asking for a replacement of a sub-par product, I am also not aware of it. Message me and I know Josh will make it right.
If you aren't satisfied with the anodization color, I am pretty sure Josh stands behind all of his work and would make it right if you received a "botched" one.
Personally I think people are expecting too much exactness out of the rainbow. I don't know if discontinuing the rainbow color or putting a disclaimer that they will all look a little different underneath? I think Purple, blue, gold, and silver is enough of a choice and nobody has complained about those colors. I like my rainbow finished ones but I knew they would change and morph slightly over time with heat, which they have.

Either way if you have ANY problems with your order that you want corrected message me and let me know your info. Josh has been pretty great so far about taking care of his customers.
I already emailed about my order, very politely, several times and got no response. I had to make a new email account with a provider I don't trust (because gmail rejects everything from [sic] and other places with known security problems) to join a forum that I never wanted to be a part of so I can DM you about an order that's over a month late.

I don't know you, and I don't trust you with my personal information, nor do trust this site with that information. So yeah I'd like my order taken care of, but not here on a public forum.

tepictoton

@DatFire Gmail does not filter out mails about SiC

Feel your frustration, but please, if you come for advice, take it and then leave it. And @mrbonsai420 has helped many members before and is offering to do the same for you, yet it does not seem OK?

I have also been kept in the waiting line many times since getting my first Cca710 gear, but Josh has always come true, almost always making up for the extra wait with some extra things.

So... Sapphire, do they also work in V2. 0 20mm buckets?

Still rocking my V2. 0 and still happy with it. Being from Europe helps in not getting more because I do not like paying customs jiji... Broke my SiC dish the other day, and when post man came with replacement I had to pay another 35 euros on top of the 'normal' price. Friend got a v3. 0 and was charged another 65 euros! People from Europe should keep this in mind when ordering.

Ps: no European retailers in the future?

Pps: anybody know anything about the Hexnail collaboration?

Baron23

I already emailed about my order, very politely, several times and got no response. I had to make a new email account with a provider I don't trust (because gmail rejects everything from [sic] and other places with known security problems) to join a forum that I never wanted to be a part of so I can DM you about an order that's over a month late.

I don't know you, and I don't trust you with my personal information, nor do trust this site with that information. So yeah I'd like my order taken care of, but not here on a public forum.
Do you find, with this approach, that often people no longer wish to help you with issues?

@mrbonsai420 doesn't work for CCA710 and has absolutely no obligation to extend himself to try to intercede on your behalf.

You don't have to trust anybody nor do you have to accept help from anybody.

But in that case....you're on your own, partner, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. :bang:

DatFire

Feel your frustration, but please, if you come for advice, take it and then leave it. And @mrbonsai420 has helped many members before and is offering to do the same for you, yet it does not seem OK?

I have also been kept in the waiting line many times since getting my first Cca710 gear, but Josh has always come true, almost always making up for the extra wait with some extra things.

So... Sapphire, do they also work in V2. 0 20mm buckets?

Still rocking my V2. 0 and still happy with it. Being from Europe helps in not getting more because I do not like paying customs jiji... Broke my SiC dish the other day, and when post man came with replacement I had to pay another 35 euros on top of the 'normal' price. Friend got a v3. 0 and was charged another 65 euros! People from Europe should keep this in mind when ordering.

Gmail does filter try to make a new accont.

DatFire,

tepictoton

Long time Gmail user and have been in contact with Josh for over two years, not one mail got filtered, not even placed into spam folder.

Just saying, ymmv

tepictoton,
Reactions: Gn0sis

DatFire

Do you find, with this approach, that often people no longer wish to help you with issues?

@mrbonsai420 doesn't work for CCA710 and has absolutely no obligation to extend himself to try to intercede on your behalf.

You don't have to trust anybody nor do you have to accept help from anybody.

But in that case....you're on your own, partner and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. :bang:
No, usually an email works, and I dont have to join a forum to get information about my order. Also I've never had an order be over a month late with no response from the seller. Their choice not mine to do customer service here. mrbonsai420 just told me a few posts ago that the Betas do customer service on this site. But he's not affliated with company? Which is it?

Long time Gmail user and have been in contact with Josh for over two years, not one mail got filtered, not even placed into spam folder.

Just saying, ymmv
Well they don't anymore. Not for new members.

Last edited by a moderator:
DatFire,

Danksta

No, usually an email works, and I dont have to join a forum to get information about my order. Also I've never had an order be over a month late with no response from the seller. Their choice not mine to do customer service here. mrbonsai420 just told me a few posts ago that the Betas do customer service on this site. But he's not affliated with company? Which is it?

Well they don't anymore. Not for new members.

Some of the Betatesters volunteer their time. I'd suggest you take @mrbonsai420 up on his kind offer. He has helped many of us HAPPY customers.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

Your approach is a little rough for this forum but I am still here to help.
I was just trying to help you out because I like to help people. That's what we do here on FC, we help each other because we consider each other friends here. This isn't reddit where the trolls rule, So yes, we trust each other. I am friends with Josh on a personal level and I really believe in his products. He is a bit short handed right now so I am helping him out. If you would like me to check on your order, sent me a PRIVATE message. You can give me an order # if you don't want to disclose your name but I respect privacy and it would only be to check your order. In fact the 4 digit order # is really all I need, I don't need any private info at all. I will get the info on your order as well as get you a little something extra thrown in for your trouble.
If you just want to wait on Josh, he will also take care of you the same way, it just may get expedited faster if you let me text him instead of waiting until the next time he goes through hundreds of emails.

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense

I've no problems with mails over Gmail.

@tepictoton May be there will be a european retailer too this year. But dont think that prices of CCA products will be cheaper then. But for sure less troubles with custom and taxes and less waiting for shipment in europe when in stock.

What do you want to know about HexNail collab? Actually the girls from HexNail are experimenting with CCA devices to optimize temperature developement controlling of the Hex Nail while paired with CCA devices. So they are doing with nail products from other recommended producers. And how the Hex-Nail girls are writing on the Hex-Nail thread they love the CCAs a lot.

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
What do you want to know about HexNail collab? Actually the girls from HexNail are experimenting with CCA devices to optimize temperature developement controlling of the Hex Nail while paired with CCA devices. So they are doing with nail products from other recommended producers. And how the Hex-Nail girls are writing on the Hex-Nail thread they love the CCAs a lot.

This seems appropriate to just...leave...right...here... :razz: (aka: ALL THE LIGERS)

l7lDBvV.jpg

This too. :evil:

Oi89owS.png

And just to clarify, yes. We're huge fans of the Ligers. Once we catch up a bit on our shipments CCA will finally be getting their own controllers to play with, too. :nod:

Hogni

Hi @HexNailAva,

thanks for your statement. But what do you mean with 'own controllers'. Will Josh get some Hex-Nails to control and optimize your preseted temps for the Liger himself or will there be special HN for the Liger?

Hogni,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi @HexNailAva,

thanks for your statement. But what do you mean with 'own controllers'. Will Josh get some Hex-Nails to control and optimize your preseted temps for the Liger himself or will there be special HN for the Liger?

ALL Hex nails will be programmed for all Ligers and Inserts! As well as the Halo or any other popular nail that they have programmed in!
They are fine tuning the settings as we speak.

mrbonsai420,
Reactions: Shrike

Hogni

Hi Bonsai, I know but just wanted to clarify 'own controllers'

BTW @HexNailAva just saw your presettings for coil heaters. You have said you can fire each coil heater with the HN regardless to 120/230V. Now I see only your specified presettings for 120 V coil heaters.
Whats about the Watt? You only call 100 W in your presettings. For example all my coils heaters have 150W?

Hogni,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Anybody else here using the 16mm?

What do you think @HexNailAva ?

I JUST got the 16mm V3, I will do some extensive testing and let you know how it differs from the V2 I am used to. But the 16mm V2 is a very good performer. It's smaller and lighter than either of the others so it lends itself to those new nifty 10mm adapters quite well too! The 16mm size is roughly the same size dab surface as a standard QCB banger. So if you are good with that and take small dabs you would be happy. If you like big dabs and full vaporization in 1 hit get at least a size up. I like small dabs anyway so it's a winner in my book! Plus it can handle a big dab it will just give you a few tasty hits instead of 1 monster hit at low temp.

I prefer the 20mm since it gives you a bit more room (think XL QCB banger in an enail) but still has the tight air flow properties like the 16mm that I prefer over the 30mm

On a side note I just received some nice Sour Tangie wax and tried it on a fresh sapphire insert at 585 degrees...WOW. Just wow, I would hit this tasty goodness like a hookah even if it didn't get me high it tastes so GOOD!

The flat coil 30mm is KING when it come to dab surface area, Think Pukinbeagle XL in an enail! this is the best for dropping slabs or globs. As well as the easiest to dump some frosty 6 star full melt onto. It's a great performer as well but I slightly prefer the air flow dynamics of the other 2. Actually with the new upgraded 30mm I just received the gap is even closer and the 30mm performs even better! Hell soon I may be saying I like this one best, you really can't go wrong!

The blue one on the left is a 16mm V3
U5YMoqy.jpg

This is my old 16mm v2 for comparison in my old travel setup

98974BDD-5D0A-40F4-9943-BF9CA7CECCEE.jpg

Last edited:

EpicNameGuy

So I just received my flat-coil v3 with SiC and Quartz dishes.. only used the SiC so far.

I was caught off guard by how huge the dish is... I mean, huge. I generally only do little dabs about the size of a grain a rice so I have a feeling its overkill, but I assume not a big deal.

I'm curious what other flat-coil / 30mm liger users are rocking for SiC temps and general opinions as to whether a huge dish for tiny dabs might be an issue?

Top Bottom