CCA Liger banger V3.0

6079Smith

So it was this week, now its next week. Ill believe it when I see it.
If they are expected in Friday, shipping out the following week makes sense to me.

Ive been waiting over 4 months so whats another week?!

Oh come on. That might be an acceptable excuse the first six months.
Was the original release date not October 30th? Not to say you don't have a valid complaint- but your four months worth of wait is now six, for a product that the release date was less than two months ago?

6079Smith,

mutten840

@6079Smith I think @PoopMachine pre ordered around 4 months ago like others had done. I pre ordered back in July and am still waiting for a few bits to arrive. I think the issue he is facing is due to him getting his hopes up, to then have them dashed. Over and over and over. He is now frustrated and showing it through sarcasm to try and keep his calm while silently building up like a sleeping volcano. Then you add others to the thread raving about getting their stuff while he and others are still waiting.

I am in no way complaining or hating on the Liger or Josh. I have nothing but love for both. I am just trying to clearly shed light on what some people are feeling and why. He and others have been patiently waiting. But being humans, we don't always due well with seeing others excited while we wait for our turn on the merry go round :rockon:

Wishing all of you and your family a Happy Holidays

6079Smith

@6079Smith I think @PoopMachine pre ordered around 4 months ago like others had done. I pre ordered back in July and am still waiting for a few bits to arrive. I think the issue he is facing is due to him getting his hopes up, to then have them dashed. Over and over and over. He is now frustrated and showing it through sarcasm to try and keep his calm while silently building up like a sleeping volcano. Then you add others to the thread raving about getting their stuff while he and others are still waiting.

I am in no way complaining or hating on the Liger or Josh. I have nothing but love for both. I am just trying to clearly shed light on what some people are feeling and why. He and others have been patiently waiting. But being humans, we don't always due well with seeing others excited while we wait for our turn on the merry go round :rockon:

Wishing all of you and your family a Happy Holidays
I can empathize with waiting and excitement; in the same boat. I had bought new glass, a controller, meds, etc and had everything lined up for October 30th only to have to be patient for weeks, no backup nail at all while I waited. Sooo.. I certainly get it :) I'm one of those that posted raving about my set-up but I have yet to receive the SiC insert, as well.

I suppose it depends how one looks at it as to when the clock starts, I was looking at it as the release date. Wasn't trying to start anything or say your complaint is not valid, @PoopMachine, just understand the timeline. Hope it ships to you soon. The timeline stated doesn't really matter to me, anyway- except for the fact that if I was an outsider looking in, which I recently was, reading these comments may have turned me off entirely and doesn't seem reflect the full picture of shipping times considering most of the wait was pre-order status.

6079Smith,
Reactions: mutten840

duckdown

optical
The worst part is when he falsely gives a timeline though, why is he constantly saying SHIPPING TOMORROW or SHIPPING IN 2 DAYS when it clearly is nowhere even remotely close to being ready?

Or even better, let's say he gives those timelines with the intention of sending them out but due to unforseen situations it can't happen, shouldn't he at least tell us "hey about that last message... not happening"

I understand he's overwhelmed or whatever but a little bit of honesty wouldn't hurt. I don't see what there is to gain by lying??

Is it because he thinks we're all about to demand refunds for it taking SO long?

Dude just be honest with us! We don't want our money back we just want a realistic answer

Last edited:

mutten840

I don't think Josh is lying. He is just being overly hopeful and is consistently trying to meet his timelines. He also hates to give out bad news and so sets aggressive ship dates that end up getting pushed out due to suppliers not meeting the quality they promised. Not tying to justify or takeaway from anyone's frustration. Just trying to help with my theory on why things have been bumpy

I do know that once you have the liger. You will be very pleased as I have yet to see someone that did not like it once setup correctly :tup:

duckdown

optical
totally understood but i'm just curious why he doesn't follow up by telling us NOT to expect the tracking number we were previously told to receive?

EDIT - shit, there was a message in my inbox on this forum from a member asking me for more of my order details, and they are personally looking into it, and say it will definitely be made right

will keep you posted

duckdown,
Reactions: 6079Smith

mutten840

Most likely it is due to him being overwhelmed and under staffed. He is just one man and the growing pains he is going through must be insane.

I know he has several of us helping where we can so he can focus on getting the gear out to all the excited people.

Again totally get where everyone is coming from and in no way am trying to takeaway from your frustration. Just trying to give you hope while you wait for the coveted Liger to ship.

On a side note... Have you seen anyone selling off their V3 due to it not meeting expectations? :tup:

6079Smith

He is just being overly hopeful and is consistently trying to meet his timelines
My direct supervisor is perpetually doing this and is constantly fucking us over.. he just doesn't get the concept of under-promise and over-deliver, it's maddening! The one you're an asshole and the other a rockstar- for the same work performed!
I do know that once you have the liger. You will be very pleased as I have yet to see someone that did not like it once setup correctly :tup:
I think I was able to help out a redditor this morning that was voicing a lot of frustration with the Liger. He very obviously needed to tighten and spread his coil by the high temps yet incomplete vaporization described, I'm waiting back to hear of glorious success. This seems common, maybe Josh should address it in the FAQ as it seems pretty comprehensive excepting the nail assembly and coil installation. Maybe a simple insert with each nail. Many may not need it but think of the frustration saved if everyone knew to spread and tighten the coil off the bat.

6079Smith,

duckdown

optical
Say what, I gotta do what with my coil now? lol

it's a brand new High5 and it clearly says DON'T spread it in big letters.

edit - currently using it with a 16mm quartz diamond knot, and 16mm thick quartz Banger, usually around 590-600 degrees no problem

duckdown,

mutten840

@duckdown if your coil is loose or not covering enough of the nails inner shaft, you would need to adjust it. If you are getting good dabs at 620 and lower, then you would not need to mess with the coil. It is for some people myself included did not get the expected temps to work initially until we adjusted the coil. Then low temp heaven was achievable :rockon:

mutten840,

6079Smith

Say what, I gotta do what with my coil now? lol

it's a brand new High5 and it clearly says DON'T spread it in big letters.

edit - currently using it with a 16mm quartz diamond knot, and 16mm thick quartz Banger, usually around 590-600 degrees no problem
Hell, she's just being shy... High5's are notoriously prudish. Whisper sweet nothings and hold her just so and, when the moon is just right and with the aid of a screwdriver.. she will open up for you like beautiful flower. Never force it if she's not willing.

Disclaimer- I'm full of shit and have zero High5 experience, simply enjoy childish innuendo. Spread at your own risk, as pointed out it may not be necessary

Danksta

I got the final heat shroud in the mail today and already have it up and running. I was dabbing at 610 and have already got it down to 600 and feel I can go lower. Very very pleased now.

Dabbing on some CBD GSC terp crystals and the taste is unreal.

Patience does pay off.

PoopMachine

For the record, I'm not stewing or losing any sleep over my missing pieces. Not at all. My point is, eventually the "good guy" stuff is going to wear thin. No one wants to give someone interest free loans for months and months while you sit and wait. I owned my own business manufacturing and marketing several items so I know what he's facing. To still be having supply problems this far into being in business is a bad thing. Instead of recruiting more beta testers, he should be hiring some help and looking for new suppliers.

I honestly don't care about the parts I'm waiting on. My stuff works like it is. I just care that I've paid and have nothing to show for it and it's been months with no end in sight while the date just keeps getting kicked down the road. It's not the products, its the principle. Maybe he should do a Kickstarter for the next one so people know what to expect up front.

And yes, I preordered in July or August. Don't remember exactly.

mtnbike420

Home now. I cant get the bucket put together with the flat coil inserted. Its like my coil is to thick or the bucket screw is to short :(

If i flip the locking nut upside down it catches enough i can make it work

Last edited:
mtnbike420,

Scootcha

Those waiting just on SiC inserts they landed this morning!

Unfortunately there is still the storm cell groove issue for the 20 and 16mm buckets...IT's being corrected and orders will be caught up ASAP.

Tell me the Storm Cell's for my 20mm that shipped already (package should be here tomorrow) are good to go?

Scootcha,

mutten840

@mtnbike420 Did you get your flat coil sorted or you still having issues with it threading together?
If it is, can you post a few pics of the coil and it sitting on top of the threaded shaft and lastly a pic of your cover that sits on top of the coil. :tup:

mutten840,

KimDracula

I'm really starting to appreciate this sapphire.

I've been cheating a bit by dipping into next months supply of tasty goodness since the flavor is pretty much gone on the stuff I've been using for weeks now.

I have enjoyed a couple dabs of Chill Hill Tangie Power, Moxie Goji OG, and just had a couple tiny dabs of some stuff called Cookies y Todo that was just incredibly thick and complex. It was, by far, the best GSC flavor I've ever had in oil form. Hell, actually you can strike that qualifier. It was like vaping really good flower magnified by about ten but without the extra burn you get from flower. So smooth. I guess the SiC is gonna live with the quartz all put away now.

The thing is also really easy to q-tip clean of whatever little residue there is left over. I haven't had to deal with it after forgetting to mop up yet, though. The way the new inserts are shaped makes it much easier as well.

I want some top-shelf full-melt now. Too bad it's so rare to come across 'round here (because I'll never be spoiled enough, I guess). My favorite errl place did just get a line of rosin in, though, so I may try some of that for the first time soon.

Top Bottom