CCA Liger banger V3.0

dizaster096

Liking the Hurricane cap with my 2.0 20mm liger, a lot easier to spin the oil and it's easy to cap.

The dabber tips on master set is so much better on 3.0, 2.0 master set tips were all too big.

Last edited:
dizaster096,
Reactions: killick

Monsoon

I got an update from Josh, sounds like he's got the ti parts in now and will be dispatching my order when the sapphire comes in Monday. I'm guessing most people with pending orders or missing Storm Cells should hear from him soon. Also all the dabber handles have been extended so hopefully they'll be better to use now.

Danksta

I thought I would share a glimpse of what I view daily now when taking dabs.

wzmca0X.jpg

Every dab not only tastes great, but looks great too! :tup:

In other news, the final heat shroud shipped! :rockon:

mixchu69

I thought I would share a glimpse of what I view daily now when taking dabs.

wzmca0X.jpg

Every dab not only tastes great, but looks great too! :tup:

In other news, the final heat shroud shipped! :rockon:
Looks good. What piece are you using the liger with?

mixchu69,

Danksta

Looks good. What piece are you using the liger with?

dhgate fab egg. Looking into getting the Leisure Glass Incycler soon though. The knock off rig is the only weak link in the chain.

I'm so in love with the liger. I had no idea when I bought it I would get this kind of view. It's even better than the view you get hitting a sherlock. I'm so glad I went for the large bucket.

...V4 should have a 50mm option I think :science:

Monsoon

dhgate fab egg. Looking into getting the Leisure Glass Incycler soon though. The knock off rig is the only weak link in the chain.

I'm so in love with the liger. I had no idea when I bought it I would get this kind of view. It's even better than the view you get hitting a sherlock. I'm so glad I went for the large bucket.
Yeah me too, I bought it just to try it out and didn't actually think it would surpass the D-Nail Halo in my mind but it did. The Halo is still good for smaller rigs or ones that are affected by the extra weight. I'm using mine directly on a Grav-Labs Diffusion Pump.

mixchu69

...V4 should have a 50mm option I think :science:
I actually have the leisure incycler but it's a pain the ass with the liger. The base of the incycler is too small to feel stability. For some reason, my leisure clogs after a few dabs. I am wondering how to contact them about this, because I love this piece (esp. the lil chug). I was able to angle a drop down with the liger on the incycler, but don't feel too confident.

mixchu69,

Danksta

I actually have the leisure incycler but it's a pain the ass with the liger. The base of the incycler is too small to feel stability. For some reason, my leisure clogs after a few dabs. I am wondering how to contact them about this, because I love this piece (esp. the lil chug). I was able to angle a drop down with the liger on the incycler, but don't feel too confident.

I keep my setup on a table and it's pretty protected from knocking stuff over. Does the liger work at all with the leisure? Curious to see a picture of it without using a drop down.

Danksta,

duckdown

optical

Is it a CCG?

If so, fuck the haters. That is quality glass and one of the best rigs I've ever used.

Any shipping updates? He told me I'd have tracking last monday and now it's 7 days later and obviously I'm guessing it hasn't shipped still.. Don't want to hound the guy. But is 7 days enough courtesy time to ask for an update or should I let it be?

Last edited by a moderator:
duckdown,

Gonzo_da_wind

@mrbonsai420, do you know how long it typically takes CCA to respond to pre-sales questions?
I emailed them last Monday evening and no response yet, I guess they are pretty busy.
Also is there still a discount code for FC?
I have like 3 v2 buckets if you want one you can have one of them. Lol I am always to assist scientific research and development. The catch is that you'd need to handle shipping cost. Pm me if you still want.

PoopMachine

Any shipping updates? He told me I'd have tracking last monday and now it's 7 days later and obviously I'm guessing it hasn't shipped still.. Don't want to hound the guy. But is 7 days enough courtesy time to ask for an update or should I let it be?

It took me about a month to get my stuff after he told me it would be shipping in a week.

It will show up but waiting sucks. I still dont have my SIC dish for my V3. Its been 4+ months since I ordered it.

I dont know anyone who has ordered anything from Josh and ever gotten it in a "in stock" timefrane. I guess that speaks to his popularity and the quality of his products. But.... waiting sucks.

Last edited:

Gonzo_da_wind

So I have mixed reviews on the iDab carb cap with directional airflow

I really like it for the 20mm bucket as it seals down nicely and can be spun easily to change air intake direction. It is a bit smaller than I thought and if the dab end was just an inch or so longer, it would be perfect. For the 30mm bucket, it sits on top/inside the mouth of the 30mm bucket and can seal, but is easily broken once spun to change airflow.

So in summary:
20mm good seal and worked great
30mm was not large enough and sat on/in the mouth of the bucket and broke seal easily when spun

Pros:

Really nice being see through and
Directional airflow is great for hitting the edges of the insert
nice having a pointed glass dab end for an all in one experience

Cons:
The dab end is a little short and would of been better if it was an inch or so longer
Does not seat well on the 30mm bucket

Here are some shots of it on top of the 20 and 30mm buckets:

20mm bucket:

30mm bucket:

Link to site I bought it from:
https://www.thedabstore.com/products/idab-glass-terp-turner-carb-cap
Is this made of quartz ?....this has me thinking about making myself a carb cap from COE33 since i dont have a hydrogen cylinder or any stock Quartz and don't see any reasolllln boro wouldn't be just fine for enail applications; I could literally uses the liger as a mold. Only part that may present any bit of effort is only cause I don't have any coldworking equipment would be the angle of the holes.

herbivore21

Last edited:

Monsoon

Go ahead and ask and report back so we're all in the loop. If you're impatient I would upgrade to the $60 shipping option if you can, you may get it for Friday if he ships it as late as Wednesday/Thursday. For Canada, the other shipping speeds will be late next week or the week after at this point.

Monsoon,

hardboiledfrog

tinkerer
I have like 3 v2 buckets if you want one you can have one of them. Lol I am always to assist scientific research and development. The catch is that you'd need to handle shipping cost. Pm me if you still want.

hey Gonzo, thank you very much, that's a very generous offer. :):tup:
I :love: this forum, there's always so many great people willing to help out. :clap::clap:
I will definitely be interested if I have issues with making the v3 version work with my induction heater due to the v3's new heat shield design. I have no problem paying for shipping and I'm also willing to reimburse you for the cost of the bucket. I'll let you know after I receive my v3, it was purchased on Dec 8 but I haven't received any status updates yet. :(

https://www.thedablab.com/pukinbeagle-quartz-bubble-carb-cap-for-thermal-p-banger-w-25mm-head/

This carb cap looks like it might be the best possible currently available cap option if it fits the 20/30mm ligers respectively. Anyone tried this out?

Directional airflow, finger carb ability - more of a full seal with dish when moved than hurricane cap (at least on the 30mm I'd imagine) and we'd be able to see the dab :D

I wonder if it fits?

looks like a nice option for a carb cap. there's also some more cost-effective options on dhgate:
http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/sea...key=bubble+carb+cap&catalog=#Homesearch201403

I saw these mentioned by @thisperson & @galacticdad in the cheap high quality bubbler thread, thanks guys.
From what I've seen the pukin beagle thermal p is baller af. lol.
I definitely want one of those. The function is nice with the carb cap combo.
Edit: Found them, just ordered one here

If you mean the ones that are the replicas of the PB Thermal P bubble caps, then you'd have to search for them under "bubble carb cap" or something similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
hardboiledfrog,

herbivore21

looks like a nice option for a carb cap. there's also some more cost-effective options on dhgate:
http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/sea...key=bubble+carb+cap&catalog=#Homesearch201403

I saw these mentioned by @thisperson & @galacticdad in the cheap high quality bubbler thread, thanks guys.
Good find man! Would be very interested to see somebody try this one out and let us know if it fits with their 20mm and 30mm ligers! Especially the 30mm we need to try these ball carbs to see if they work.

The official PB ones too! I'd be more interested in those if they work personally but the more functional cap options, the better ;)

This looks especially attractive to me as a more dynamic way of controlling the airflow (in that you can vary it more during use by feathering the carb hole). I can also get my preferred ultra restricted carb by mostly blocking the hole :D

I have to say, the way these thermal banger caps blow the load around the dish in the videos is beautiful to watch and really takes care of those pooling problems that come with quartz dabbing. I wonder if there may be a limitation to how much the airflow can be moved around in the 20mm Ligers since we might accidentally blow the load up the side of an insert and onto the titanium?

If anyone has relevant experience, please let us know if any of these ball caps work :)

Danksta

Good find man! Would be very interested to see somebody try this one out and let us know if it fits with their 20mm and 30mm ligers! Especially the 30mm we need to try these ball carbs to see if they work.

The official PB ones too! I'd be more interested in those if they work personally but the more functional cap options, the better ;)

This looks especially attractive to me as a more dynamic way of controlling the airflow (in that you can vary it more during use by feathering the carb hole). I can also get my preferred ultra restricted carb by mostly blocking the hole :D

I have to say, the way these thermal banger caps blow the load around the dish in the videos is beautiful to watch and really takes care of those pooling problems that come with quartz dabbing. I wonder if there may be a limitation to how much the airflow can be moved around in the 20mm Ligers since we might accidentally blow the load up the side of an insert and onto the titanium?

If anyone has relevant experience, please let us know if any of these ball caps work :)

Ordered the dhgate version. I'll be sure to report back. It's 30mm according the listing, the pukin was 25mm. So I think the dhgate version is the better fit for my bucket (I hope).

duckdown

optical
Just got a email from Josh letting me know I'm being shipped today! He also informed me the sic is out of stock so he is mailing quartz to hold me off. Can't wait!

Lucky dog.. Nothing yet for me. Guessing it's going to come down to the same thing with me though as I ordered SiC as well

duckdown,

PoopMachine

Just got a email from Josh letting me know I'm being shipped today! He also informed me the sic is out of stock so he is mailing quartz to hold me off. Can't wait!

If he kept SIC in stock he could probably sell them cheaper to offset all the quartz inserts he has to give away. Ive been waiting for 4+ months on my SIC dish. Starting to get a little ridiculous.

Top Bottom