CCA Liger banger V3.0

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
After one year of waiting I finally ordered a Liger 30mm in silver with Quartz, SiC and Obsidian inserts with all Carb Caps. Hope the Obsidian will be available until delivery end of the month.

Guess now I also want a HexNail....:hmm:

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Hex Nail and Liger 30mm is a game changer

You got that straight.

I was a committed 20mm user ever since the release of V3.
Always wanted the 30mm to function the best, but would get better results from the 20mm.
However, since getting my Hex-Nail HN-01, I have switched to the 30mm bucket exclusively and have not looked back.
My previous controller, which I quite liked, was an Auber RDK-200 simply could not drive the V3 30mm bucket to my satisfaction.

IMO Hex-Nail = Game Changer.

HN-02 is being built now.
Same software, more economical buy-in.
Check it out.

:2c:

antiburn

if it was crowd funded he'd be taking pre-orders..don't think that's happening (someone feel free to correct me here if wrong)
Pre-Orders for this started sometime in June. I not saying that it's literally crowd funded, It's just felt that way a bit. The site still shows over a couple hundred still available in both sizes though. Hopefully the production is already finished or in-process and we don't wait much longer than the expected time frame.

antiburn,

Gn0sis

You got that straight.

I was a committed 20mm user ever since the release of V3.
Always wanted the 30mm to function the best, but would get better results from the 20mm.
However, since getting my Hex-Nail HN-01, I have switched to the 30mm bucket exclusively and have not looked back.
My previous controller, which I quite liked, was an Auber RDK-200 simply could not drive the V3 30mm bucket to my satisfaction.

IMO Hex-Nail = Game Changer.

HN-02 is being built now.
Same software, more economical buy-in.
Check it out.

:2c:

Can you please elaborate more on what exactly makes the Hex Nail a game changer?

I'm on the pre-order list for the HN-02, so just wanna know what I should expect :)

Gn0sis,

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
Does anyone own both the 14/18mm male and 10mm male fittings for their 30mm? If so, how does the restriction through the 10mm fitting compare to the 14/18mm? I want to use my setup with a smaller rig (thus wanting more restriction), but I'm not sure if I should spend the money on a new fitting if the airflow is too similar to the 14/18mm.

Marihuana,
Reactions: Hogni

Danksta

Does anyone own both the 14/18mm male and 10mm male fittings for their 30mm? If so, how does the restriction through the 10mm fitting compare to the 14/18mm? I want to use my setup with a smaller rig (thus wanting more restriction), but I'm not sure if I should spend the money on a new fitting if the airflow is too similar to the 14/18mm.

The 14mm/18mm is a much more stable fitting for most rigs. The 10mm is shorter so you have to pay attention and not let the Liger knock it out of place, which is easy to do. I feel the taste is better on the 10mm due to the shorter air path. But it will make the 30mm harder to deal with. I wouldn't use the 10mm with groups.

antiburn

I don't really use my 30mm with my 10mm rig, but I do use the 14/18mm male adapter and also have a 10mm male adapter. Both have nearly identically sized outlet holes. So the 10mm should technically be less restrictive than the 14/18mm, since air moves easier through a shorter straw. Probably not enough to notice much difference.

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
All things considered 10mm will probably be the best option for this piece. The main thing that unnerves me about using a 14mm on said rig is that it would sit directly in the joint rather than a reducer. Aside from safety concerns, I think the improvement in taste sells it for me. Those HMK units are all about savoring the flavor!

Marihuana,
Reactions: Danksta

Monsoon

Just heard elsewhere that the 20mm Obsidians may be shipping out now. I ordered a 30mm and haven't heard anything yet.

Monsoon,

Zanin

Do they ever send out emails with tracking? Because I ordered liger banger 20mm rainbow one on sept 20th and the obsidian insert earlier than that, still no email of them being shipped.

Zanin,

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
Do they ever send out emails with tracking? Because I ordered liger banger 20mm rainbow one on sept 20th and the obsidian insert earlier than that, still no email of them being shipped.
I wouldn't hold your breath on that hope brother. They are terrible at communicating. This thread is chalked full of examples. Top notch product though!

ichibaneye,

Monsoon

I got shipping notifications for my last order.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
@Shooby
I only ordered the banger and insert. Maybe the other Items you ordered are holding up your order? I got a shipping confirmation three days before it came. Good luck, I'm sure it will arrive soon.

Possibly. I guess it is safe to say, if you want your liger and insert shipped in less than two weeks, DO NOT BUY any carp cabs or dabbers with your order. They do not provide lead time for the carb caps or dabbers as well.

ichibaneye

Is anyone else thinking that because everything is basically on sale at their website that maybe darker days are ahead for CCA710? :shrug: I hope not. :doh:

ichibaneye,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Wow Errlectric ships fast. I should be up and running Thursday.

did you get the quartz nail heater?

Is anyone else thinking that because everything is basically on sale at their website that maybe darker days are ahead for CCA710? :shrug: I hope not. :doh:

Not at all, the machining on all the new stuff going out is on point and is definitely a product that was selling even at the higher price, and the website just got updated for the better. Besides, missing release dates isn't anything new for them.

ichibaneye

did you get the quartz nail heater?

Not at all, the machining on all the new stuff going out is on point and is definitely a product that was selling even at the higher price, and the website just got updated for the better. Besides, missing release dates isn't anything new for them.

Word! That's a good thing. Thanks for that man.

ichibaneye,

terpytimes05

Hey guys,

New user here and I’ve had my Liger flat coil for about a month and I’m loving most aspects of it. I’m getting super full hits at 550 with my wierdeer cap but the only issue I’m having is that I’m discovering oil is blowing up and outside of my SiC insert causing it to get stuck.

Note to anyone else who gets their insert stuck: just fill up your bucket a little above the insert with distilled water at 235 degrees and it will free up.

But, my main question is are there any other proven caps that won’t cause the oil to get outside of the insert like this? I’ve read this whole forum so forgive me if you guys are tired of talking about carb caps but I’m worried I’m vaping half of my oil off of titanium by accident.

Also to anyone trying the uptemp tech: be careful with your temps. I set my box to 800 last night and dropped a SiC insert and by the time my hit was finished my insert had burnt material on it. It heated up super quick though so maybe 700 or 750 would still work.

Last edited:
terpytimes05,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Hey guys,

New user here and I’ve had my Liger flat coil for about a month and I’m loving most aspects of it. I’m getting super full hits at 550 with my wierdeer cap but the only issue I’m having is that I’m discovering oil is blowing up and outside of my SiC insert causing it to get stuck.

Note to anyone else who gets their insert stuck: just fill up your bucket a little above the insert with distilled water at 235 degrees and it will free up.

But, my main question is are there any other proven caps that won’t cause the oil to get outside of the insert like this? I’ve read this whole forum so forgive me if you guys are tired of talking about carb caps but I’m worried I’m vaping half of my oil off of titanium by accident.

Also to anyone trying the uptemp tech: be careful with your temps. I set my box to 800 last night and dropped a SiC insert and by the time my hit was finished my insert had burnt material on it. It heated up super quick though so maybe 700 or 750 would still work.

My wierdeer cap is notorious for making a mess on the 20 and 30mm ligers, it does it unless you have a really really stable and slow draw rate. On the saph dish it doesn't splash though despite being able to draw significantly faster, I'm thinking it has something to do with how the sic spreads the material faster. Also if ever have overspill in the insert, if i remove it immediately with 2 tips, its super easy to clean the insert and the bucket before anything gets gnarly. The tsunami cap from CCA IMO is almost as good as the wierdeer cap and has no issues with splashing, if anything it could use slightly more airflow.

I have no idea why people messing with the uptemp style have their stuff set insanely hot while using SIC, it should heat up super fast and even once you drop it, even at low temps.....if you're using quartz, then MAYBE i see 800s but IMO id rather wait a couple extra seconds and never over shoot my target temp by several hundred degrees and waste material.

terpytimes05

My wierdeer cap is notorious for making a mess on the 20 and 30mm ligers, it does it unless you have a really really stable and slow draw rate. On the saph dish it doesn't splash though despite being able to draw significantly faster, I'm thinking it has something to do with how the sic spreads the material faster. Also if ever have overspill in the insert, if i remove it immediately with 2 tips, its super easy to clean the insert and the bucket before anything gets gnarly. The tsunami cap from CCA IMO is almost as good as the wierdeer cap and has no issues with splashing, if anything it could use slightly more airflow.

I have no idea why people messing with the uptemp style have their stuff set insanely hot while using SIC, it should heat up super fast and even once you drop it, even at low temps.....if you're using quartz, then MAYBE i see 800s but IMO id rather wait a couple extra seconds and never over shoot my target temp by several hundred degrees and waste material.

Yeah I had a feeling the new tsunami was the best bet and since they’re having a sale I think I’m going to try it out

And yeah I definitely agree 800 is too high with the uptemp tech but I’m certainly not the first person to suggest going that high. Someone even suggested 800-1000.

On the topic of uptemping though I honestly don’t think it’s worth the trouble with the Liger or any enail really. The taste is great yeah but not that much better than my normal setup at 550. I really think uptemping is much more practical with quartz bangers because it solves problems enails don’t have. We don’t have problems with getting the right temp or getting great taste or getting long slow hits with a Liger setup. Just my two cents though. I’m still experimenting with it.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
I was checking the Obsidian page again to see if there was any updates and Im not sure if its been mentioned before but the logo itself has at least a partial chemical notation in it O3SI maybe thats a clue to the material used.

At any rate, I can't wait for late september so we can maybe check it out in actual use :razz:

Top Bottom