Carta by Focus V

Hoosier

I’ve got to say I am not completely blown away by the Carta. I think they need to improve on their atomizer’s and their insert cups. The cups allow concentrates to get to the atomizer too easily. They sound like a decent company and they seem interested about resolving some of their issues. I’ve used it numerous times and it gives me inconsistent results and wax inside atomizer. I’ll either put it away until they fix the issues or sell it.

How much do you load? I’ve gone thru a couple of grams in the past week and have yet to have any overflow to the outside of the cup, let alone down to the coil...

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
I didn’t weigh the exact amount but if I put too much it overflows sometimes, and if I put two little charts up the bowl. I’m definitely going to keep working at it

LAWTHEONE,

freddiegibbs

I didn’t weigh the exact amount but if I put too much it overflows sometimes, and if I put two little charts up the bowl. I’m definitely going to keep working at it
Hot or cold loading? The only time I wound up with oil in my atomizer was when I hot loaded a fat booger. Otherwise the inside of my atties have remained spotless. Huge improvement over the beta atomizers, at least in my experience so far.

LAWTHEONE

I did a cold load. I’m thinking it also might’ve happened when I swapped it out.

Can we put these batteries in a isolated battery charger, or do we have to charge inside of the carta?

Last edited by a moderator:
LAWTHEONE,

Glass Pound

Just finished watching Randall's IG stream from yesterday wherein we got to meet his business partner, Christine. It was all about the Carta. It was interesting.

One question I have is what's a "puck?" Someone brought it up & then went it into Chinese vs. Americsn, but Randall hasn't decided yet. He asked what we think because of double the price for US. I didn't think anything not knowing what a puck is. :p

The stream should be up for another 9 hours from my post time -- EST. Catch it if you can

I was the one asking for pucks. The puck is the glass section that connects to the carta. They are used by glass blowers to build off of them to make custom tops

LAWTHEONE

Thanks for the information about the Batteries.
I just had the best session on my carta since I purchased it. The session came right after I fully charge my batteries. I loaded some up in the titanium cup. Put it on level two and got some super strong flavorful hits. I ran the cycle twice on number two and when I swapped it out there was no char. When I took off the carb and looked down there it look like it was going to be charred up, but it wasn’t.
Will see if I can get some better consistency. I’m definitely going to keep more of a eye on my batteries levels.

LAWTHEONE,
Reactions: Vitolo

grobbo

Got mine and I'm impressed, feels good in the hand and functions well. I was surprised at having to go to level 3 on the quartz bucket to get more substantial hits. I haven't tried ti but would think that only requires level 2. Tried the old app link but I couldn't get my phone to connect to it.

As a result of the higher heat I'm sure, the quartz cup got surprisingly dirty (ran a couple of reheats). Using super clean shatter that leaves no trace on my banger, but it was a little stubborn to clean on the quartz bucket. I'd recommend one side dry q tip then 2 drops of dark crystal, let it sit a minute and wipe out. Easiest for me on early impressions.

Edit its doing the job but maybe I'm not getting the proper temps out of my atomizer. Noticed a few posts back about temp gun readings, wondering because I tried at 2 with ti, very thin vapor, 3 was ok. Not anywhere near milking it though. Im really only interested in quartz. Its getting me there but the vapor isn't as much as it should be. Not sure how else I could place the cup on the atty any different, it goes in the center in the grooves. It would really help to get the app and adjust temps more and see if that could dial it in but it doesn't connect using my oneplus 6t.

Last edited:
grobbo,

started@52

Little tip on cleaning stubborn quartz and Ti buckets. Pull the corner off of a magic eraser, just a big enough piece to fit in the cup. Then swirl it around with a tiny amount of water with a qtip. Then clean good with iso.

freddiegibbs

I got my Helix replacement today and it's....*chef's kiss*....delicious. Much more snug than the last one, though it still has a little give. But the seal is good, and the vapor is great. Maybe I'm just easily amused, but that vortex it creates is honestly a pretty neat party trick. Seriously, record yourself hitting this thing in slow-mo, it's awesome :lol: And the new branding is clean as heck. Can't recommend enough.

started@52

I got my Helix replacement today and it's....*chef's kiss*....delicious. Much more snug than the last one, though it still has a little give. But the seal is good, and the vapor is great. Maybe I'm just easily amused, but that vortex it creates is honestly a pretty neat party trick. Seriously, record yourself hitting this thing in slow-mo, it's awesome :lol: And the new branding is clean as heck. Can't recommend enough.
I’d love to see someone video! What’s the main difference and reason for different glass between the Helix and the stock glass as far as the hit. More vape, cooler?

started@52,

MonkeyTime

I'd just love to hear back from them about getting mine replaced. I emailed them thru their website, DM'd them here, no answer yet.

Lemme guess, you used IG?

freddiegibbs

I’d love to see someone video! What’s the main difference and reason for different glass between the Helix and the stock glass as far as the hit. More vape, cooler?
All you have to do is see them side by side to know which one will give you the superior experience:

s3dppl.jpg

Don't get me wrong, the stock glass is great. I'd still take my Carta with stock piece over my Peak with upgraded 3rd party glass 9 times out of 10. But the Helix just elevates the experience to a whole new level. As you tap the carb, the vapor pulled up into the 2nd chamber creates a swirling tornado that cools it down and makes it taste wonderful. I still can't believe I only paid $50 for this piece.

Not the best demo, but:

I'd just love to hear back from them about getting mine replaced. I emailed them thru their website, DM'd them here, no answer yet.

Lemme guess, you used IG?
Yup, reached out to Focus V on IG and then Helix followed up with me by phone.

Last edited:

started@52

All you have to do is see them side by side to know which one will give you the superior experience:

s3dppl.jpg

Don't get me wrong, the stock glass is great. I'd still take my Carta with stock piece over my Peak with upgraded 3rd party glass 9 times out of 10. But the Helix just elevates the experience to a whole new level. As you tap the carb, the vapor pulled up into the 2nd chamber creates a swirling tornado that cools it down and makes it taste wonderful. I still can't believe I only paid $50 for this piece.

Not the best demo, but:

Yup, reached out to Focus V on IG and then Helix followed up with me by phone.
Awesome! So you leave the glass cap alone and just carb the glass, got it!

I think I solved my units problem and it was user error. When I clean it with a qtip I knock the cup out of skew and it doesn’t sit flat on the heater. I won’t know for sure till tonight but from now on I’m going to be more careful and gentle. If it’s stubborn I’ll pull the cup.

started@52,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Does your Helix piece have 3 air inlets up top Gangsta Gibbs?
I have an old 14" American Helix beaker like that, curious how similar it is.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Nope, just the one.

Definitely looks like it puts out some smooth vapor! Doesn't seem near as airy as my big beaker with the extra holes which is nice, and $50 for American glass is legit.

Your swapped atty still holding strong? Hopefully I hear back from Focus V on Monday to get a replacement going. Looking back I should have just ordered a spare atty with the unit considering the good warranty.

invertedisdead,

freddiegibbs

Definitely looks like it puts out some smooth vapor! Doesn't seem near as airy as my big beaker with the extra holes which is nice, and $50 for American glass is legit.

Your swapped atty still holding strong? Hopefully I hear back from Focus V on Monday to get a replacement going. Looking back I should have just ordered a spare atty with the unit considering the good warranty.
I'm actually on my 3rd and final one. I took FocusV up on their offer to send one before our bases shipped, so I wound up with 2 extras. But yeah, my 1st one degraded to the point where it was pretty much just melting my oil into a warm puddle, and my 2nd one was getting there. I suspect the loss of efficiency has more to do with firing off multiple successive hits than it does with how fast the atomizer heats, at least in my case. Like those .15g dabs I was loading and just firing off 3 straight cycles in a row. I've been spacing them out more responsibly on the 3rd atty and it's still performing well after 10+ hits. If you've been using a Peak, you just can't go into the Carta with the mindset that that 2nd click is going to pop you into sesh mode. You have to give the atomizer a chance to cool down before you hit it again.

I haven't reached out to FocusV to get the bum ones replaced, but that'd be nice if they're willing to do it.

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
I'm actually on my 3rd and final one. I took FocusV up on their offer to send one before our bases shipped, so I wound up with 2 extras. But yeah, my 1st one degraded to the point where it was pretty much just melting my oil into a warm puddle, and my 2nd one was getting there. I suspect the loss of efficiency has more to do with firing off multiple successive hits than it does with how fast the atomizer heats, at least in my case. Like those .15g dabs I was loading and just firing off 3 straight cycles in a row. I've been spacing them out more responsibly on the 3rd atty and it's still performing well after 10+ hits. If you've been using a Peak, you just can't go into the Carta with the mindset that that 2nd click is going to pop you into sesh mode. You have to give the atomizer a chance to cool down before you hit it again.

I haven't reached out to FocusV to get the bum ones replaced, but that'd be nice if they're willing to do it.
I have not noticed any atomizer degradation, or the need to let it cool down between cycles in order to continue proper operation

PhreedomPhries,

Cevans811

Is there still a 4/20 edition coming out? Im very interested in this but saw in the thread awhile that @FocusV there us a 4/20 edition is this still happening just wondering if i should wait the week.

Cevans811,

Hussan311

I am debating on buying the carta it looks like a great device i am just worried about the atomizers seems like alot of ppl are having problems with them. Also i have a sai taf with the poseidon v2 bubbler it has been my daily driver for about 1.5 years does anyone have any exp with that and the carta and which they like more, Just dont wanna drop 250$ and not like it as much as my sai

Hoosier

I am debating on buying the carta it looks like a great device i am just worried about the atomizers seems like alot of ppl are having problems with them. Also i have a sai taf with the poseidon v2 bubbler it has been my daily driver for about 1.5 years does anyone have any exp with that and the carta and which they like more, Just dont wanna drop 250$ and not like it as much as my sai

I have had a Sai TAF + Pos setup since it came out. It never quite hit the mark for me. Haven’t used it much since I got my peak last March, and haven’t touched my peak since I got my Carta. Not sure if that helps you, but IMO, the Carta is far more of a dab than anything I have ever experienced with the Sai lineup.

Top Bottom