Cannabis & Vaporization

Hello.

What vaporizers do you recommend as best for vaping cannabis, especially of the portable variety, but also in general? The Plenty seems very nice, but not really so portable..

(EDIT)

monoborealis,
OK, thanks, I guess I'll start a separate thread regarding the Volcano then :)
But however, most vaporizers today seem to be made with weed in mind, however I mostly smoke cannabis right now & I wonder if there are any vaporizers that people out there find particularly good for that purpose, so just asking for opinions..? Yes, maybe there is no best but some might be better than others..

So what I look for is suitability for cannabis. Other criteria are portability & stealth, and it's also nice to get a good hit..

monoborealis,
On second thought, maybe this is not the best forum.? If not please move it to 'Vaporizer discussion' if possible.. sorry..

monoborealis,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I suggest you check the Arizer Solo, the DaVinci, the Magic Flight Launch Box and the Thermovape T1 and Evolution.

There are others who are been released now so there is not as much information, like the Puffit Vaporizer and the Pax Vaporizer.

You can find informations about all of them in other threads here in the "Ask FC" section and also in the "Vaporizer Discussion" section which has a specific thread for each model.

Use the search button and explore the forum a little bit because some if not all your questions were asked and answered already in other threads.

vorrange,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
On second thought, maybe this is not the best forum.? If not please move it to 'Vaporizer discussion' if possible.. sorry..

I think you need to look around FC a bit more and refine your criteria. Your question is too general to answer.

OK, thanks, I guess I'll start a separate thread regarding the Volcano then :)
But however, most vaporizers today seem to be made with weed in mind, however I mostly smoke cannabis right now & I wonder if there are any vaporizers that people out there find particularly good for that purpose, so just asking for opinions..? Yes, maybe there is no best but some might be better than others..

So what I look for is suitability for cannabis. Other criteria are portability & stealth, and it's also nice to get a good hit..

There is already an extensive Volcano thread and several others that discuss various aspects of it and comparing it to other choices.

Almost all vapourizers discussed here (if not all) are intended for cannabis. Sometimes the manufacturer wants to avoid legal issues and refuses to acknowledge this (the Pax by Ploom is a good example) but the fact is they all know where their real market lies.

The criteria you've stated so far would rule out the Volcano, which is not stealthy and only portable in the sense that you can move it somewhere else. There are a lot of portable choices, many of them stealthy in the sense that you can use them in public without arousing suspicion if you are careful. For example, the Thermovape looks like an e-cig, the Launch Box is easily hidden even when in use, the PuffIt looks like an asthma puffer, etc. Again, read the threads.

If you mean stealthy in the sense that most people who see it won't recognize what it is and won't get too curious, there are even more choices. Many if not most log vapourizers fit into this category, for example, and they are almost always attractive to look at.

Good luck in your search and if you still have questions after you've done reading, use the search first before posting a question. Often there is already a thread that has the answer.

pakalolo,
Thanks for replying, and sorry if I posted too soon.

I have the Volcano, as well as the WISPR and the Launch Box. The Launch Box, while I love it, is not suited for Cannabis at all, only marihuana, and the WISPR is not so great for cannabis either I would say. I guess some kind of way of adjusting the volume is good.. Most vaporizers without a way to adjust temperatures seem to be better suited for marihuana than cannabis.
The Plenty seems great for getting a good hit, but as said before is not really portable.
Persei looks great, the Da Vinci also looks quite good.

monoborealis,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
.. not suited for Cannabis at all, only marihuana, and the WISPR is not so great for cannabis either I would say. I guess some kind of way of adjusting the volume is good.. Most vaporizers without a way to adjust temperatures seem to be better suited for marihuana than cannabis.
How are you distinguishing cannabis from marijuana? Same difference to me. Cannabis is just the formal scientific name.

edit.- do you mean hash/ resin /concentrate by cannabis? I'm guessing so by the mention of variable temps.

WatTyler,
Yes, sorry for being unclear, some language problems - I mean HASH!!! Which vaporizers are better suited for this?

monoborealis,
Not much of the powdery type, mostly Moroccan in different qualities, most of it quite oily and easy to form. It's nice to have be able to vape different kinds of substances, but vaping quite oily and bubbly hash is the main point..

monoborealis,

SD_haze

Not much of the powdery type, mostly Moroccan in different qualities, most of it quite oily and easy to form. It's nice to have be able to vape different kinds of substances, but vaping quite oily and bubbly hash is the main point..
That type of hash always seemed to work well in the iolite/wispr. Have you tried putting a small bed of herb/vaped herb and topping it off with the hash?

The direct contact of the hot metal pin definitely worked great with hash whenever i tried.

And the persei won't work with any kind of Moroccan hash. They're working on a add-on that will, but there's no set release date yet.

SD_haze,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

Ah, this explains a lot. Look into the ThermoVape Revolution. I haven't used one myself but it seems to meet your needs. Check the Revolution thread.

pakalolo,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
There are a few electric portables mentioned that can do that, but most of them will require the use of some herb or something as a substrate (such as a volcano liquid pad) to hold the oily hash when it liquefies. The TV Revolution pakalolo mentioned is different though.

Personally I really like to use the Vapbong for vaping hash- it's the best out of all my vapes for hash and really gets to those higher vaping temps- almost like a portable nail hit. It's powered with a butane torch though. Video of it in cloudy operation here :ko:

WatTyler,

weedemon

enthusiast
for vaporizing hash, the eclipse comes to mind. the revolution by thermovape as well. personally I am not happy with any vapes that are portable and do hash still. I think we still need the next generation of those devices to be invented yet. a Titanium nail or sring thought a water pipe is still the best way imo.

weedemon,

djonkoman

judging by your profile pic, and that english seems to not be your native language, can I assume you're from india or that region? and in that case, am I right to assume the hash you get is the handrubbed charas-kind?
I get that kind of hash often too(I love nepalhash, and I can get it at the coffeeshop), and vaping it works well in both my vaporgenie and my underdog.

djonkoman,
Solo works great for concentrates of all kinds, is reasonably priced, has an acceptable battery life, and comes from a company known to be good about their warranties.

Just crank it to 7 and it's good to go.

charliedontsurf,

weedemon

enthusiast

I think that 2nd post should be repopened, stickied, in the ASK FC forum, and updated for all ther other vapes that are availible.

A page that is a summary of all the vapes (similar to vaporpedia, but less extensive) would be a great research tool for noobs to stumble across.

weedemon,
Reactions: SD_haze
Top Bottom