Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Alexis

Since I don't dab much, thinking about selling my fp and then upgrading to the showerhead. Vas has been getting to me lately
Go for it bro, it sounds like a good idea, with very little likelihood of regret! :nod: Please keep us all updated time to time with experience and satisfaction reports. I know we all care here for one another's happiness and in particular, finding that suitable vaporizer to fill each and every one of our perfect needs.

I guess that is essentially the goal and purpose of this forum which we are all contributing towards.

Last edited:

nubarrón9

Edwyn,
You are not understanding the design. Two parts. One machined similar to your standard female bowl but no top opening, and a side hole (for the tubing), the other is a piece of Ti tubing that press fits and is pinned into the tapered "bowl holder" piece with a small pin (crosswise on tubing O.D. edge) to retain it forever.
The Grade 2 tubing (0.250" O.D., 0.187" I.D.) is $20 per foot in low volume, cheaper in the lengths you would buy. You know what your bowls cost to machine... you sell them for $40.
I'm thinking you could make these and sell a Ti J-Hook at your usual markup for under $80... no welding required, just 2 press operations.

If you make it, I will buy a bunch. You know I won't be alone. ;)

EDIT: Photo mockup, using NewVape female bowl for the bowl holder piece, and a writing pen in place of the 1/4" Titanium tubing. Male PanHead Adjusta-Bowl on top:

I tried this with an 18mm glass j-hook and burned my throat. The air path was too short and narrow. Be careful.

buddingglasshead

I tried this with an 18mm glass j-hook and burned my throat. The air path was too short and narrow. Be careful.

What temps were you running at? I can do two FP at the same time running at 550-575 through my jhook without any real harshness on my throat Although, it is quite restricted at the mouth piece. Does your jhook have fairly open airflow?

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
I just love waking up to our vape friends across the pond enjoying their first rips off the FP! Damn @Hogni nice first review. I hope that most of us here have provided you with pre-vape experience that wasn't overhyped ;)

Enjoy your new vaporizer, what a time to get it, right before the weekend =)

Thanks a lot! I will do so in a few moments. Just heatsoaking. First bowl of the day and it's 7.30 pm here in Germany (still saturday FYI)

Just a little overhyped....just a very little ;) But I'm understanding the overwhelming excitement....just a little :D

PoopMachine

@NewVape710 Have you considered a flat coil version of the FP? Most flat coils have a 10mm opening in the middle, plenty of space to get an air path through. If the head itself is pretty good size and retains heat the flat coil should work well. I was vaping flower using the Happy Daddy Genesis nail a few years ago and I had to put my flower further away than the FP allows. I used an ELB lid in the top of a drop down so my flower was maybe an inch lower than the FP.

I only bring this up because it might be a good solution to even heating on the dish if its all getting heated from underneath.

I can sketch it out if need be. You could also do different "heads" to accommodate different dishes. The Dnail SIC, for example, would work great for this. Its opening it much smaller than the 10mm hole.

Last edited:

Alexis

WOW!!! You finally have it in your hands!!!
This is such good news!! I will be waiting for your full review when you are ready!

For now, just enjoy it with your homegrown goodness!
Thanks man. Yes I have had it all at my disposal since wednesday but in no fit state to use.
I battled hard and by today was determined to use it. An exhausting day just to reach that point but success!
Lots to assimilate and rest is required- more details coming, I am all or nothing, to a point!;) (not sure when, I mean when the details are coming, not when Im all or nothing...)

disGRUNTled

Got some Pineapple ready to go in the FP w/ Showerhead .Breaking in the world famous FC-186 which unexpectedly arrived on Friday.Drinking a CCB Lactobacillus Mango Grove sour ale.
q2mnFOl.jpg

H57mGT0.jpg

0YJTKH6.jpg

ZpRX99i.jpg

Dha4iWt.jpg

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I went to my caregiver today to grab some new flowers specifically for squishing. I asked for the most resin I could get I just didnt want any indicas! He showed me two of their most resionous, LSD and Strawnanna Magic. I am really excited to squish some of these nuglets! I tried the LSD in the FP, coarse grind, at 630F SC'd and it was freaking great flavor, I could tell this was a fresh harvest compared to my last haul.

I talked to the caregiver about the flowerpot and pulled it up on my phone. He doesn't have an enail yet but I discussed the versatility. He said that he vapes more than smokes and I gave him the link to FC too. He thanked me for telling him about it so hopefully he'll jump in. All the folks I run into at dispensaries seem far out of the loop and it would seriously service the patients and customers if the staff was more knowledgeable on current technology! When I showed him my H frame rosin press he said I was the first person to even talk about making their own rosin. Showed him a 22% yield and his eyes got wide, hell folks are getting 30% yields.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
I went to my caregiver today to grab some new flowers specifically for squishing. I asked for the most resin I could get I just didnt want any indicas! He showed me two of their most resionous, LSD and Strawnanna Magic. I am really excited to squish some of these nuglets! I tried the LSD in the FP, coarse grind, at 630F SC'd and it was freaking great flavor, I could tell this was a fresh harvest compared to my last haul.

I talked to the caregiver about the flowerpot and pulled it up on my phone. He doesn't have an enail yet but I discussed the versatility. He said that he vapes more than smokes and I gave him the link to FC too. He thanked me for telling him about it so hopefully he'll jump in. All the folks I run into at dispensaries seem far out of the loop and it would seriously service the patients and customers if the staff was more knowledgeable on current technology! When I showed him my H frame rosin press he said I was the first person to even talk about making their own rosin. Showed him a 22% yield and his eyes got wide, hell folks are getting 30% yields.

I've recently been introduced to the pinch test. If the small nug doesn't stick to the top finger after a pinch between thumb and index, move on. I've had customers report greater than 30% yields when the harvest is timed properly. They say harvest 10 days early for best yields and clarity. 15% yields on trim. It's a great time to be a cannabis enthusiast.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I've recently been introduced to the pinch test. If the small nug doesn't stick to the top finger after a pinch between thumb and index, move on. I've had customers report greater than 30% yields when the harvest is timed properly. They say harvest 10 days early for best yields and clarity. 15% yields on trim. It's a great time to be a cannabis enthusiast.

Right on, love the pinch test! The caregiver was showing me his sticky fingers and he even squished some of the nugs and ripped them open to show me the inner calyxes. I got some good strains here, really excited to see what they yield! I just ground up a little 0.2gr nug of that strawnanna magic (used my plastic crafty grinder and about 2/3 of the herb was stuck) split between 2 small micro sessions yielding 8 dense hits and 4 wispy hits. I think just running some herb through the FP is a good gauge as well? We've been discussing how the FP is almost like rosin on demand for flowers.

ParanoidAndroid998

So close to being perfect but everything has multiple bloody percs! :)

I keep trying to find something of a similar shape and size with only one perc so it takes way less water and gives way less diffusion.

I still havent found any glass that suits my personal FP criteria to make me 'upgrade' from the D020.

@emmdeemo I just came across this piece and thought it may interest you.
https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/9-inch-ccg-straight-glass-water-pipes-with/400548630.html

Edit: Although, just realized it's 14mm so that may be a deal breaker for you.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Does anyone else struggle to get good vapor production when dabbing on the showerhead? It's like I'll put a good sized glob on, but it doesn't produce much vapor.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Does anyone else struggle to get good vapor production when dabbing on the showerhead? It's like I'll put a good sized glob on, but it doesn't produce much vapor.

I was getting denser hits using a preheated SC. So far vapor seems fine except at low temps it starts producing vapor a lot slower, even less if the SC is cold. You can try using a qtip over a portion of the SC hole to generate more pressure, this may help?

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
What temperature are you using?
At 666 I seemed to have some pooling and less vapour than I was expecting.
Yesterday at 680 I didn't have those problems. :shrug:
I don't (usually) preheat my shower cap.
I'm curious as to whether the majority of owners use concentrates. I know there are some flower users but do most of you buy it for concentrate use?
I mainly use flower but after getting a press I wanted a desktop that was easier/quicker to use with rosin as well.

Last edited:

Alexis

I'm curious as to whether the majority of owners use concentrates. I know there are some flower users but do most of you buy it for concentrate use?
Little Maggie, while @steama is correct that "most people purchase the FP for both flower and concentrates", there is more to the picture and the uniqueness of the Flowerpot. The question you asked could be re-phrased,,or not even asked at all. Not sure of the right words now- still so medicated from yesterday, (my own impressioms coming atvthe next convenient moment, please all hang in there, time to process (and recover:lol:)).

Some people still use I believe mostly concentrates in the Flowerpot, although for this the Wraparound head is far superior to the Showerhead as it has been optimised for concentrates.

The Showerhead is a revolution that has been optimised for flowers. It has taken flower vaporisation to a new, previously unattained level. The extraction from flowers is so great that a phenomenal number of previouslt very heavy concentrate users have reverted almost entirely back to flower, or from all concentrate to mostly flower, due to the amazing extraction of the Showerhead meaning that vaping the flower is actually more effective amd more enjoyable than what they would get from pressing the same flower and vaping the oil.

The Showerhead appeals particularly and very strongly to users who don't use or have access to concentrate and who want to vape flower primarily.

The Showerhead can do concentrates as well, just not as well as the Wraparound. But it is truly unique and special in the way that it extracts the goodies from flower.

We could answer you more specifically if we had a better idea of your reason for asking and personal preferences...

However, I can only suggest Maggie...and I know it can seem like a gigantuam task with such a fast flowing river....but you would really learn a lot more and answers to all such questions by investing a little time to read through the thread!;)

It doesn't matter where, just pick a page, glean through it, move on. You will be learning more about the Flowerpot ins ans outs with every page.
By all means aske any question, but the question you have asked you could not get a better or fuller answer to than by reading the thread since the Showerhead has been released (when was it again? 6 weeks ago?:hmm:)

All said in good spirit Maggie, to such a lovely lady. We are honoured to have a female in our midst. But if you harbour serious intentions to buy this vaporizer, I think it would serve you very well to make a little commitment to read back through the thread of late.:myday: (ps- just ignore my own posts unless it is philosophy amd humour you are interested in.)

Time for my shower now (no not that, need to get washed and dressed first!:D)

Top Bottom