Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Likes2vape

Does anyone else struggle to get good vapor production when dabbing on the showerhead? It's like I'll put a good sized glob on, but it doesn't produce much vapor.
I stopped dabbing from the showerhead as I felt dabs were pooling to much in the dish. Every time I q-tipped the showerhead after a dab I could see the oil soaking into the cotton on the q-tip.

With the wrap around head I don’t have that problem and dabbing from SiC tastes way better IMO. To me dabbing from TI leaves a metallic taste in my mouth. I don’t get it using the sh for flowers but I can taste it every time I dab from TI.

Alexis

Do we have the first mobile Flowerpot?

I showed the set-up to my mum last night she wants to try it! Take it anywhere in the house just like that!

I'm having it all- bowl sticking, abv flying out out the bowl removing capped Showerhead to clear draw, blowback and abv crumb through top of Showerhead, bowl sticking!(got options though), controller overshoot etc etc...

I have followed the whole thread, but I guess there is only one way to learn, right?;)
Just got to dive right in, as if you know nothing. Currently have the EQ basket screen in the 14mm male stubby bowl and glass reducer, preheated bowl, playing witht the cap...

I set up a mirror to watch the FC 186 in daylight, and I don't see much vapor in the tube, it is there but no whitewall... but boy does a lot come out! Quite bizarre and very deceptive.

The medicating power is incredible. And very economnicsl as well. The amount I vaped yesterday- and the level of effects I have had overnight and this morning is on another level to anybother vapes I have used recently (and Im sure EVER in fact)- from the amount of material I used!!:nod:

Less than usual. An edible dose as well, but that is normal. I got good sleep like never, not much but I havent felt a buzz like his from a vaporzer since I can recall. (specifically from the amount of weed), and the "highness" of the high as well.

I am trying to! Verdamper, Supreme, Aromed, Herborizers (XL,Ti), and some more...
Biggest issue at moment is dialing setup to minimise respiratory aggravation. It started out surprisingly well last night at 550 preheated bowl. Amazing effects from 2 lomg draws. Light wasn't ideal, it was hard to look down into the FC 186 while drawing to see the vapor.

I had the best, most satisfying and most uplifting high from a vaporizer since poor memory serves. It didn't feel like I have even taken any vapor in so I didn't think I would get enough effect, the ABV was a kind of army camouflage green colour but very even, from a 0.15 g load of sativa Think Different.
The 18 mm male bowl was SUPER stuck in the 186! I didnt want to try force or tact, being so tired.
It was at least 10 minutes before it freed, I laid back for some minutes thinking I needed more and was stunned by how high I was!

I was kind of "above" everyhthing! Haven't felt that from weed for years!

I was so high and not really aware at all of any respiratory discomfort. First time I used the Herborizer Ti it was the other way around- the level of discomfort far outweighed the high which didn't come close to this affect.

Bowl free, I crumbled and controller at 620. Again, incredibly smooth going in, more visible, and def exhaling a lot of potency I felt.
One clear observation- the vapor is so diluted that it is deceptive because you don't realise how much you were taking in. I'm also sure that this is the key to the potency. My hippie Mum always used to swear they got more stoned from longer joint because they were taking in more air.

But at 620 I also some noticeable respiratory aggravation immediately. I did also cap the bowl at points to finish that bowl. My methods were loose, light was poor, I was severely exhausted before I even got going, and I can be a little kamikaze as well.
Dropped to 600- 0.05 g Auto Colorado Cookies:

At 600, slower inhale- very visible vapor, incredibly smooth and easy to hold in without feeling it inside (again deceptive)...
tons of visible vapor exhaled under a light! It goes on forever like passengers leaving a train station!:lol:
Lungs still feeling irritated at this temp (but once significance aggravation has occurred it will last for a while anyway).

575 next :science:- bigger bowl of Cookies (indica)- Long medium draw rate, denser vapor LOTS exhaled! 3 big hits. Hard to see in tube still. AMAZING flavour all 3 hits...

On reflection I think I overdid it! So deceptive how much you take in with the airflow.

And..I lnow you said "wide open", but this is RIDICULOUS! There is LESS airflow with showerhead NOT attached!:hmm::lol:

I dont think I can handle giant lung busting draws which I'm sure I got without monitoring properly.

Consequently I did have a very bad chest overnight and starting today. I'm sure I need to just play with the variables now exactly as @emmdeemo has done, to find my own personal sweet spot and balance between effects and irritation (I really am SO sensitive).

I suffered a lot overnight but sleep was the deepest, best quality ever- for me!
And I was still so relaxed this morning despite my chest being so bad and in no hurry or need to medicate again soon. This is exactly the effect I need in a vaporizer where the next day I could be happy to go without until the evening and be perfectly comfortable and motivated.

I experienced this with the herborizer ti but I'm sure this is a notch above effect wise. Last time I tried the Ti I used twice as much weed and didn't come close to this buzz! Just an observation.

So- an hour ago- 14mm male stubby bowl/reducer- EQ basket screen (not even sure which one to be honest:lol:). Perfect fit. Bowl preheated no cap, filled basket with Sativa Durban- 550:

In mirror, barely vapor hardly visible. Medium slow draws, part capped. 1 and half bowls...

For now- a LOT more comfortable in lungs! Actually feeling good and high, without mind preoccupied with irritation!
A good sign, especially when my chest didn't feel up to it- slowly recovering from last night.

Effects of very nice and although the vapor was barely visible on inhale, very long exhales of visible and substantial vapor coming out!
Basket screen working well, but tricky to empty, stir etc (spills onto rim):

I best stop! Lots more thoughts to come in pieces. Forgetting now and tired, need food!

Baron23

I'm curious as to whether the majority of owners use concentrates. I know there are some flower users but do most of you buy it for concentrate use?
Just for flower...I use a Liger or a D-nail Halo for concentrates. I'm very happy with the SH FP.

Hey guys :)

Is there any other material but degummed hemp fiber you can put in this: https://www.dhgate.com/product/new-...-male/262113053.html#s1-1-1b;searl|2419661790 ?

Maybe wool will work good aswell, what do you think?
You could try pure, organic cotton...many use Japanese cotton. I have never used it myself but I have read many times that if you intend to take your dirty filter out and vape the reclaim off of it, that hemp taste way better than cotton.

https://www.google.com/search?q=japanese+organic+cotton&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I got too medicated last night as well, those new strains are proving to be potent medicine. I must have had 0.15gr before bed and was wishing I hadn't vaped as much =( That LSD strain is pretty intense.

@Alexis, perhaps lower temp/longer sessions will assist with any lung discomfort? Also, with a can that size it'll probably be tough to get it fully milked up unless you're able to handle a fine grind at high temps. My little mobius clone has a can maybe 1/3 that size and while I can see it getting filled with vapor it's not as dense as when I use my lil recycler which has maybe 1/2 the air volume as my mobius clone. I also think the lil recycler hits and tastes better, it has a 2 slot diffuser compared to my stereo matrix perc. That being said, my mobius hits so smooth I can take rips at 670F uncapped where on the recycler I'll be getting choked up. A lil give and take here and there depending on all the variables.

EDIT: BTW I love your lil portable setup! You inspired me to clean my rig and vape station =)

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
@Alexis I find the smaller 14mm sized rig i've been using much easier to use. Because it requires much less lung capacity to get a full draw. I'm running 550, no preheat, no carbcap, no sticking, no blowback, removing the heat between draws, and no coughing. .05g provides 3 nice flavorable clouds. Fine grind

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I was getting denser hits using a preheated SC. So far vapor seems fine except at low temps it starts producing vapor a lot slower, even less if the SC is cold. You can try using a qtip over a portion of the SC hole to generate more pressure, this may help?

I'll try preheating the cap more, it seemed to give better vapor production last night at the expense of it being difficult to handle, I need to get the new cap.

Personally I can't stand dabbing up top on the shower head -- it tastes like shit imo. I prefer to do convection dabs at 700f using three double weave screens. Just smear a dab on hot pre-heated double weave screens and draw slowly. Vapor production and flavor is nice.

Put the bottom screen on top and vape the concentrate that dripped down for even more excellent hits.

:2c:

most people purchase the FP for both flower and concentrates :nod:

I've had some showerhead dabs I thought tasted pretty good, but at those temps the vapor production seems low compared to my quartz bangers and wax pens, especially since the e-nail should be able to power through a low temp dab, while a quartz banger would be cooling off. I still want to get a set of those screens and give that a try!

What temperature are you using?
At 666 I seemed to have some pooling and less vapour than I was expecting.
Yesterday at 680 I didn't have those problems. :shrug:
I don't (usually) preheat my shower cap.

I mainly use flower but after getting a press I wanted a desktop that was easier/quicker to use with rosin as well.

626-646F, I was getting much better vapor production at 680-700F too but the taste does fall off at those temps. Kinda makes me curious about the SiC Halo, but I bought this mostly for flowers so I'm still content, although a SiC insert would still be pretty appealing.

I stopped dabbing from the showerhead as I felt dabs were pooling to much in the dish. Every time I q-tipped the showerhead after a dab I could see the oil soaking into the cotton on the q-tip.

With the wrap around head I don’t have that problem and dabbing from SiC tastes way better IMO. To me dabbing from TI leaves a metallic taste in my mouth. I don’t get it using the sh for flowers but I can taste it every time I dab from TI.

Yeah I'm still interested in the SiC Halo, the wrap-around with showerhead like airflow would be ideal IMO. Kinda optimistic we might see some developments into that, I think that would be epic.

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
The way this piece stacks bubbles is amazing.

I am curious why a person would choose a piece like this for vapor? Doesn't all that amazing diffusion pretty muck kill the flavor of the vapor? I've noticed greater diffusion almost always equates to less flavor.

:2c:

Flavor isn't everything... it's just the most important thing! :D

Seriously, though, my lady prefers to vape through heavy diffusion water pieces... less diffused vapor seems overly "harsh" to her. Needless to say, she never reaches for the J-Hook! :)

I, on the otherhand, would probably wrap my lips around the bottom of the bowl and hit it straight if I could... but I don't like burns! :D

Also, I sometimes run heavy diffusion pipes dry (little or no diffuser water)... for more of that "J-Hook" type flavor but heavier and more cooling, with a little "Vapor Reservoir" action thrown in! ;)

Last edited:

Alexis

@Alexis I find the smaller 14mm sized rig i've been using much easier to use. Because it requires much less lung capacity to get a full draw. I'm running 550, no preheat, no carbcap, no sticking, no blowback, removing the heat between draws, and no coughing. .05g provides 3 nice flavorable clouds. Fine grind
Thanks Edwyn and good day to you, hope it is a good one! Thanks for the specific details on your approach right now. And coincindentally, I think that may be where the line lies for me curently.

I removed the basket screen and had a fuller bowl in 14 mm male stubby- 0.2 ish.

I did still preheat the bowl at 550, experimented with and without SC. I got very visible vapor indeed with the bigger load. Taking shorter but very full draws with lovely flavor on exhale- big clouds.

But still a lot of irritation though! I am just testing the ropes really. My aim is to to medicate quite quickly and avoid longer sessions if pos... that lends itself towards higher temps usually.
Now without a preheat and SC, maybe that would have helped? I haven't tried @emmdeemo 's 490 preheat capped approach yet- just getting a feel for normal operation first.

@psychonaut and @Pyr0 thanks again guys, always so quick to jump in with good honest advice! Don't get me wrong I'm not bothered if the bubbler doesn't milk one bit as long as I get the vapor and the effects I'm looking for. Last night I couldn't see and today I was using with small loads in the basket, with the big load milking the tube was easy but I wasn't really trying to do that just get decent hits with shorter draws.

I am going to try the small black Toro bubbler as well quite soon, maybe in an hour perhaps(?)

Thanks guys you giving me some good stuff to think about. I will be reading back through the thread randomly as well because only when you have this in your hands can a lot of it be useful suddenly.

Last edited:

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
@NewVape710 just saw the new bowls. They look very nice :). What makes them an upgrade over the og?

the new bowls don't require cool down for bowl removal between sessions. If your a one bowl per session person you won't see any benifit. I'm a one bowl person and don't have a problem dumping at the beginning of my next session.

Chicken #420

Also, the new bowls are DYNAMITE ergonomically.... they just plain look and feel great to manipulate and hold! :)

Seriously... they are just about my favorite piece of vaping "kit", and have enormous satisfaction and pride of ownership attached! I can't recommend them enough if you are going for a male bowl solution.

juan

Just for flower...I use a Liger or a D-nail Halo for concentrates. I'm very happy with the SH FP.

You could try pure, organic cotton...many use Japanese cotton. I have never used it myself but I have read many times that if you intend to take your dirty filter out and vape the reclaim off of it, that hemp taste way better than cotton.

https://www.google.com/search?q=japanese+organic+cotton&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Thanks Baron! I just ordered some japanese cotton to try it out. I'm excited to try it! :)

Chicken #420

@juan,

I have tried both Cotton and Hemp as reclaim/ABV filters... and vaped them later.
Hemp tastes WAY better than the hot laundry taste you get from Cotton. Like... the next universe over worth of improved flavor! Seriously.

Find some degummed hemp fiber if you can... it's worth it.

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
^+1 for sure, I tried organic cotton first, then got some degummed hemp fibre, and my friend @Chicken #420 speaks the truth on this IME. Cotton doesn't taste bad per se, just like you're vaping a sock along with your goodies. Which, to my taste, isn't good. So it's bad. I lied; it tastes bad. To me. IMO.

BUT hemp doesn't add anything else to the flavour, that I can taste. With my tastebuds. YMMV.

I'm just happy to be able to post here as this thread hasn't been at the top for 5 minutes and I like to see this thread on the main plug-in section

buddingglasshead

I definitely agree with that. I've found the FP experience much better on my smaller 14mm rigs. My 18mm and bigger 14mm pieces are reserved for double FP hits. Very useful for high tolerance users who need a lot of medicine quick. Currently in use to get rid of this terrible migraine.

Also, the new bowls are DYNAMITE ergonomically.... they just plain look and feel great to manipulate and hold! :)

Seriously... they are just about my favorite piece of vaping "kit", and have enormous satisfaction and pride of ownership attached! I can't recommend them enough if you are going for a male bowl solution.

Mine didn't ship Friday. Hoping it ships out Monday and I should get it be Wednesday. I'm really excited. :D

My degummed hemp wick was supposed to be here earlier last week and now I don't know if it'll even be here tomorrow. :shrug:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
@Alexis

Thoughts, just in case any of them matter, just blathering so forgive me repeating myself or patronising, its very far from intentional...

Dont forget the cap makes things hotter, so if you're at 620f controller temp, you're likely actually at a higher temp than first appears. Possibly as much as 40 degrees. For me theres a hell of a difference between 620 and 660 at the same load size, other adjustments must be made if I up the temp/use the cap.

I'm back at 620/615 atm, no cap, only irritation is if I slow down my draw (increase heat/extraction rate), or cap (increase heat/extraction rate), or overload the bowl (for my lungs).

Load amount makes a huge difference too here. Last night, I wanted more at once because I couldnt sleep, so I upped my load amount, and lowered the temp. Still loads of coughing. If I'd not ground it up fine, I probably would have been fine and been technically temp stepping through the irritation simply by using less of a grind (slowed extraction rate due to load size and lack of grind). But no, I had to push it for technically pointless clouds, instead of showing my lungs the patience they need :D

Its the equation at work, for us folk with ridiculously sensitive lungs. I ground too much, with too much of a load size. I didnt take the temp down enough to compensate for the 'mistake' in load size/grind, and the airflow thru the load was consequently quite complete and therefore, a very quick extraction. I was at 600f and coughing my fucking lungs up. Paying for it today :)

(Grind consistency and load size) + (Load airflow and air temp control) = vapour density and extraction rate/effiency*

Basket bowl is upping the airflow thru the load, concentrating the heat thru the load, so its more likely to increase extraction rate/efficiency and hit the expectorant qualities of the vapour all in one go.

*Thats version 1 of the equation, I had a second version two that refined it slightly but I forgot it when I decided I didnt care enough about it :)

Alexis

@Alexis

Thoughts, just in case any of them matter, just blathering so forgive me repeating myself or patronising, its very far from intentional...

Dont forget the cap makes things hotter, so if you're at 620f controller temp, you're likely actually at a higher temp than first appears. Possibly as much as 40 degrees. For me theres a hell of a difference between 620 and 660 at the same load size, other adjustments must be made if I up the temp/use the cap.

I'm back at 620/615 atm, no cap, only irritation is if I slow down my draw (increase heat/extraction rate), or cap (increase heat/extraction rate), or overload the bowl (for my lungs).

Load amount makes a huge difference too here. Last night, I wanted more at once because I couldnt sleep, so I upped my load amount, and lowered the temp. Still loads of coughing. If I'd not ground it up fine, I probably would have been fine and been technically temp stepping through the irritation simply by using less of a grind (slowed extraction rate due to load size and lack of grind). But no, I had to push it for technically pointless clouds, instead of showing my lungs the patience they need :D

Its the equation at work, for us folk with ridiculously sensitive lungs. I ground too much, with too much of a load size. I didnt take the temp down enough to compensate for the 'mistake' in load size/grind, and the airflow thru the load was consequently quite complete and therefore, a very quick extraction. I was at 600f and coughing my fucking lungs up. Paying for it today :)

(Grind consistency and load size) + (Load airflow and air temp control) = vapour density and extraction rate/effiency*

Basket bowl is upping the airflow thru the load, concentrating the heat thru the load, so its more likely to increase extraction rate/efficiency and hit the expectorant qualities of the vapour all in one go.

*Thats version 1 of the equation, I had a second version two that refined it slightly but I forgot it when I decided I didnt care enough about it :)
Thanks man, and you are never patronising and your thoughts are always relevant and appreciated. This all makes perfect sense and as I kind of figure it.
I think I broke a few of those rules yesterday!

The line is very fine for me. And certainly the extraction rate could be the offending culprit!
However, if the faster, thorough exrtaction rate is far more expectorant, and this is the cause of the irritation...
Then maybe not always a bad thing? I know some people feel they get more benefit to their lungs by a cleansing action, from larger inhalations.

Anyway I sure crossed my personal line last night. I am very stoned now and most superly relaxed! I had Think Different bowls, in black Toro bubbler. 2nd bowl bigger but my herb doesnt tend to grind too fine, it would need to be out of the curing jar for a little while...I should be doing that.:doh: I surprised myself with the second bowl, after a stir, I got the most enormous hit at 550 with a very fast draw! I think I have avoided drawing too fast so I dont overpower the heater.
And I have used a slow draw today and last night, with and without carb cap.

That hit at 550 fast draw showed me I don't need to draw slow to get the hit I seek. It was good!
So Im in no fit state to post really, but I appreciate all your above advice. Of course I intend to play with all variables- but it takes time for irritation to calm down for fair ongoing testing.

Your experience is a fast track reference and so useful.:tup: I gotta go- Im absolutely wrecked!:)

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Those full bowls seem to be more at risk of overheating/faster extraction as the herb is so close to the nut, it's almost like conduction heat for the very top part of the herb until it shrinks down enough which may take a few hits. I've been switching over from full bowls to several micro bowls and the distance from the nut to the herb definitely changes things too.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Those full bowls seem to be more at risk of overheating/faster extraction as the herb is so close to the nut, it's almost like conduction heat for the very top part of the herb until it shrinks down enough which may take a few hits. I've been switching over from full bowls to several micro bowls and the distance from the nut to the herb definitely changes things too.

Yup, tho obviously depends what temp ya at and all the other factors in the equation ;) At the temps I'm normally at, radiant heat is minimal but yeah, its still bound to be battering my lungs rather quicker than I'd like (i got greedy). Less/more/often woulda been a better approach but I wanted that huge quick battering! :) I also might have been inhaling too slow and letting all that hot air get around the load.

The line is very fine for me. And certainly the extraction rate could be the offending culprit!
However, if the faster, thorough exrtaction rate is far more expectorant, and this is the cause of the irritation...
Then maybe not always a bad thing? I know some people feel they get more benefit to their lungs by a cleansing action, from larger inhalations.

For sure. My personal limit for irritation can be the difference of a crumbs worth. Then some days they can take whatever I throw at them.

Expectorant effects arent always a bad thing, but thats usually if one needs to get some shit out of there and in my case its my lungs shouting "NOT MORE OF THIS STUFF, WE CANT BREATH, TONE IT DOWN A BIT MAN! WE KEEP TELLING YOU!" :) ). I've been wheezing all day just trying to breath normally after over doing it with one bowl last night and coughing up a lung :)

My lungs want out what I want in :D

If I dont cough up a lung, I'm fine. If I do cough up a lung, I suffer. My lungs message seems clear, even if they themselves arent! Hence my personal usage equation, the Anti-Cough Equation! :)

Alexis

See that's the thing- I never cough really when vaping. Regardless of irritatiin level.
However I do need the expectorant action regularly especially this week after doing electricity treatments all week to get down a fresh went a virus.
Including yesterday and quite often recently when I have vapourised in the evening after doing these treatments, I have suffered badly with my chest and breathing due to the excessive mucus coming out of my lungs from infection die off.

There is also the healing action of the cannabis directly on the lungs. I suffer the same symptom to trillions of other herbs and remedies many of which are very good for me and are triggering an immune response.

So the more efficiently and potently the medicine is delivered the greater the response will be. This could be another factor in explaining certain vaporizers variation for me.
So this isnt exactly a good time for me to hit a powerful extraction machine. Part of my reaction is related to the amount if debris and trash needing eliminatiin from dead microbes.

So in a way, the suffering is a good thing and a necessary process.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
See that's the thing- I never cough really when vaping. Regardless of irritatiin level.
However I do need the expectorant action regularly especially this week after doing electricity treatments all week to get down a fresh went a virus.
Including yesterday and quite often recently when I have vapourised in the evening after doing these treatments, I have suffered badly with my chest and breathing due to the excessive mucus coming out of my lungs from infection die off.

There is also the healing action of the cannabis directly on the lungs. I suffer the same symptom to trillions of other herbs and remedies many of which are very good for me and are triggering an immune response.

So the more efficiently and potently the medicine is delivered the greater the response will be. This could be another factor in explaining certain vaporizers variation for me.
So this isnt exactly a good time for me to hit a powerful extraction machine. Part of my reaction is related to the amount if debris and trash needing eliminatiin from dead microbes.

So in a way, the suffering is a good thing and a necessary process.

Is the cold weather doing you in too?

Hey guys ! :wave:
I`m very busy lately, so I don t have time to post as frequently as I would want to. :disgust:
Wanted to update You on my non-sticking Quickfix. :science:
= https://imgur.com/a/rvb0Z

It s been almost a week now and the o-rings are still in place, didn t melt or stick, etc.. :rockon:
Seems like they re doing the job really well, the bowl didn t stick once since i m using them ! :clap:
They re made of Delrin, which is supposed to support quite a bit of heat. :nod: (were taken from e-cigs)
This is a huge thing for me, as i currently do not have the money to get a new bowl, but 1`s def on my wishlist. :brow:
I hope this helps. :lol:
Still experimenting with draw styles, temps and cap.. :love:
I mean, I didn t yet find my sweet spot.. :hmm:
But this is actually the beauty of it ! :sherlock:
Went from 750f to 650f pretty quickly though.. ;)
It really is as good as I thought it will be ! :tup:
10 days smoke-free and counting ! :clap:

Wishing You all a great week ahead ! :cool:
Keep fucking combustion !! :goon:

Last edited:
Top Bottom