Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

buckhakeesah

Is the FP with the dnail wrap around discontinued? I don't see it any longer on their ordering site.

buckhakeesah,

Morty

If you want minimal diffusion and water a classic straight tube bong is hard to beat.

This is the truth. I use a 10" straight bong w/ a 6 hole diffy from Sunshine Store as my main WT w/ my Supreme...and at low to mid temps still feel sometimes like it's too much diffusion. But it still gives better flavor than any of my other dhgate pieces.

@emmdeemo D020 was my 1st WT. Thinking about getting another actually. You ever try a j-hook w/ a little bit of water in the bend (or the "U" part) ? It works surprisingly well. FC-Rattle Can looks tits as well.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
OK, Folks...
I've been thinking about this all day, and I see no downside. So here it is:

The Ultimate FlowerPot Accessory: Titanium J-Hook.

You read right... now just imagine it. A NewVape Bowl sized chunk of Titanium, perfectly machined to match a 19/22 (18mm to us stoners...) female standard taper. Out of the side, a 1/4" diameter tube of Titanium is pressfit, locked into place with an internal pin, and (optionally) bent to resemble a standard J-Hook curve. I'm thinking 6" to 8" long, with silicon rubber sleeve tubing on the stem to keep it cool to the touch. Just pop a NewVape bowl on top to rock and roll! :D

I would buy 5 RIGHT NOW if this was available...

Edwyn, a lot of the local heads I've shown my FlowerPot setup to end up LOVING sweet low-temp J-Hook hits, but they want something less likely to break than glass, and many just don't want to mess with a water rig. Period.

All Titanium vapor path. Unbreakable. Compact. Light weight.

Thank this post if you want one... You all KNOW you want one! :D

Seriously, though, this one's a winner.

Jhook,

The jhook looks like it would need to be 3d machined from billet in 2 halves then tig welded together. I would expect the cost to be over a grand for one using our traditional cnc machines and techniques. This looks very much like a pratt and whitney turbine fuel nozzle.

If this is something you might want to pursue I would suggest looking into 2 possibilities.
1) 3d printing titanium parts for 1-10
2) Investment casting for 10 plus.

Thanks for the suggestion but this part just doesn't align with your current arsenal of manufacturing equipment.

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
Edwyn,
You are not understanding the design. Two parts. One machined similar to your standard female bowl but no top opening, and a side hole (for the tubing), the other is a piece of Ti tubing that press fits and is pinned into the tapered "bowl holder" piece with a small pin (crosswise on tubing O.D. edge) to retain it forever.
The Grade 2 tubing (0.250" O.D., 0.187" I.D.) is $20 per foot in low volume, cheaper in the lengths you would buy. You know what your bowls cost to machine... you sell them for $40.
I'm thinking you could make these and sell a Ti J-Hook at your usual markup for under $80... no welding required, just 2 press operations.

If you make it, I will buy a bunch. You know I won't be alone. ;)

EDIT: Photo mockup, using NewVape female bowl for the bowl holder piece, and a writing pen in place of the 1/4" Titanium tubing. Male PanHead Adjusta-Bowl on top:

QO59MVg.jpg

Last edited:

Square4Life

Edwyn,
You are not understanding the design. Two parts. One machined similar to your standard female bowl but no top opening, and a side hole (for the tubing), the other is a piece of Ti tubing that press fits and is pinned into the tapered "bowl holder" piece with a small pin (crosswise on tubing O.D. edge) to retain it forever.
The Grade 2 tubing (0.250" O.D., 0.187" I.D.) is $20 per foot in low volume, cheaper in the lengths you would buy. You know what your bowls cost to machine... you sell them for $40.
I'm thinking you could make these and sell a Ti J-Hook at your usual markup for under $80... no welding required, just 2 press operations.

I would be all over this!!! Let's make it happen. May lose some flavor compared to a glass j-hook but the durability would be awesome.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Today I purchased a little friend for my Flower Pot. I like glass rigs with low diffusion and I have been looking at diffusion pumps for a while. Happy DHgate is so amazingly cheap. At their prices I could pick up a new glass piece every few months even though I won't.

rBVaJFkOe8qATX54AAFLpPEoqJY664.jpg

:leaf:

Thats another one I've been very much considering, for a long time. Nice one. Please give feedback when you get it and use it!

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Edwyn,

I must be missing something 'cause I need to see pictures to make sense of this. :hmm:

:peace:

Chicken #420

Today I purchased a little friend for my Flower Pot. I like glass rigs with low diffusion and I have been looking at diffusion pumps for a while. Happy DHgate is so amazingly cheap. At their prices I could pick up a new glass piece every few months even though I won't.

rBVaJFkOe8qATX54AAFLpPEoqJY664.jpg

:leaf:

My "Rattlecan" arrived 2 days ago. It has rapidly become my favorite "Go To" rig for casual use! At first, I didn't like it, because it is hard to see the vapor production since the small upper chamber is so small with all the water this diffuser requires. Clears too fast to see big clouds. However, it DOES work just fine, and you can see the vapor if you look down at the mouthpiece tube. The ergonomics on this pipe are PERFECT... and it even has a little built-in side "bubble" of glass under the bowl taper to tuck a little wad of degummed hemp fiber for a dirt filter and tasty reclaim vaping! :D

I'm predicting you will like yours... it's a sweet ride! :)

I must be missing something 'cause I need to see pictures to make sense of this. :hmm:

How about a photo! :D

Imagine the pen is a 1/4" tube of Titanium.
That is a NewVape female bowl on the bottom, but it could be a properly machined Titanium NewVape part with press fit and pinned Titanium draw tube. Cover most the tube with Silicon tubing, for heat insulation, and rock and roll!

Up top is the lovely PanHead Adjusta-Bowl. Yum! :)

QO59MVg.jpg

Sharp eyes might notice a rattley-canish thing in the background. ;)

...But a Titanium J-hook is insane. Just imagine the number of these @NewVape710 could sell. This is a super idea that could should have be done before.

That's what I've been saying! :D

Last edited:

Chicken #420

So more of an "L" hook than a J-hook. I get it now.

You'd need three hands if you wanted to carb cap it. The mental image of me wielding something like that isn't pretty, but to each his own!

Yes. The tube could be bent or pressed into an angled hole, for more of a traditional "J" styling. I personally wouldn't care either way... straight is fine. I just want to buy a few... dozen! :D

I use my glass J with my ShowerHead all the time, sometimes capped. It's actually easier than you would suspect, and really doesn't require 3 hands like you would think! :)

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Yesterday arrived a nice small package with a lot of tin. Gave all the pieces a PBW wash and afterwards a quick Iso wash. Assembled the whole stuff and was surprised that the setup was smaller than expected.
Really well processed pieces.

But @NewVape710 , why do you engrave the number into the surface of the Showerhead dish? Does that make sense when you try to have a clean and plain surface? I didn't try dabs on it but could imagine it's more difficult to keep the surface clean with that engraving?

Was short in time so I could start testing only in the later evening. Two bowls each of them with 0.1 - 0.15 Chemdawg, last bowl DD with nearly full melt Chemdawg hash. The 2nd one just for science's sake but I really didn't need it.

Fucking hell! I was so baked I wasn't able to report afterwards. Could only read some postings holding one eye closed.

Such a flavourful, hard hitting experience with smoothest vapour!
Was uptemping from 520 - 570 from draw to draw. Preheated bowl (w/o filling) uncapped, just the last hit capped to suck out the rest.

First impressions. Best flavour and awesome vapour despite the low temps. Very even roasted to a light brown and total extraction.

Normally I'm very fast coughing cause of my damaged bronchia and lungs but this was a surprising smooth experience. Nearly no irritations to my bronchia.

Most other vapes deliver vape which is getting more whispy and whispy from draw to draw until the end. The Showerhead don't so - it don't make things halves - get vape or get nothing!
In deed last draw of each bowl was still cloudy and the draw afterwards - really nothing even when more upheated and capped.
Whow, that was a new vaping experience for me.

I've to test more but I think the SH blows the Herborizer Ti out of the water even regarding taste and smoothness and - that I'm getting a twax fanboy!

Good job, Edwyn! :tup:

EDIT: Got two bowls, the 14 and the 18mm. Used the absultely clean18mm on a fresh cleaned joint and it was really fast sticking. Yep, expanding material while upheating + opressive weight of the showerhead.
Now I know what you are speaking about. Luck that I used an 18-18 adapter which I could take out with ease. Edwyn, good that you've overworked the taper of the new bowl. It's a real lack of construction. Fuck, now I need new bowls too - NewVampyre :p

@Alexis, friend, if this device isn't working for you your really last chance might be the all glass GS - or you unfortunately have to quit vaping! I don't hope so. May you not loose one of your last joys.

Last edited:

Alexis

Yesterday arrived a nice small package with a lot of tin. Gave all the pieces a PBW wash and afterwards a quick Iso wash. Assembled the whole stuff and was surprised that the setup was smaller than expected.
Really well processed pieces.

But @NewVape710 , why do you engrave the number into the surface of the Showerhead dish? Does that make sense when you try to have a clean and plain surface? I didn't try dabs on it but could imagine it's more difficult to keep the surface clean with that engraving?

Was short in time so I could start testing only in the later evening. Two bowls each of them with 0.1 - 0.15 Chemdawg, last bowl DD with nearly full melt Chemdawg hash. The 2nd one just for science's sake but I really didn't need it.

Fucking hell! I was so baked I wasn't able to report afterwards. Could only read some postings holding one eye closed.

Such a flavourful, hard hitting experience with smoothest vapour!
Was uptemping from 520 - 570 from draw to draw. Preheated bowl (w/o filling) uncapped, just the last hit capped to suck out the rest.

First impressions. Best flavour and awesome vapour despite the low temps. Very even roasted to a light brown and total extraction.

Normally I'm very fast coughing cause of my damaged bronchia and lungs but this was a surprising smooth experience. Nearly no irritations to my bronchia.

Most other vapes deliver vape which is getting more whispy and whispy from draw to draw until the end. The Showerhead don't so - it don't make things halves - get vape or get nothing!
In deed last draw of each bowl was still cloudy and the draw afterwards - really nothing even when more upheated and capped.
Whow, that was a new vaping experience for me.

I've to test more but I think the SH blows the Herborizer Ti out of the water even regarding taste and smoothness and - that I'm getting a twax fanboy!

Good job, Edwyn! :tup:

EDIT: Got two bowls, the 14 and the 18mm. Used the absultely clean18mm on a fresh cleaned joint and it was really fast sticking. Yep, expanding material while upheating + opressive weight of the showerhead.
Now I know what you are speaking about. Luck that I used an 18-18 adapter which I could take out with ease. Edwyn, good that you've overworked the taper of the new bowl. It's a real lack of construction. Fuck, now I need new bowls too - NewVampyre :p

@Alexis, friend, if this device isn't working for you your really last chance might be the all glass GS - or you unfortunately have to quit vaping! I don't hope so. May you not loose one of your last joys.
Hogni that all sounds fantastic, Im really not surprised by anything you have reported. Im very happy that you are so happy with the Showerhead! What did I tell you (and everybody else?)-:hmm:

FPSH rules and beats the Herb Ti easily! This is why I had to go for it instead, without even trying- I never doubted my gut here. How could I go for the vape I knew was clearly inferior and ALREADY outdated?!

Not to talk down on the Herbo or especially Sebastien, but truth is truth. :nod:

Yes as you say if the FP would not fit my issues, the GS would be the other consideration. But not even considering that at all right now.

Thanks for your impressions buddy, have a nice day by the lakes in Berlin.:)

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Alexis, thanks, you also will like it. Yep, what did you tell me, my clairvoyant ;)
But I have to form my own opinion on everything. Nearly everything is too much subjective.

Beats EASILY? I don't know but it seems to beat it. Nevertheless I will hold my Herbo Ti. It's an awesome nice looking vape with a great performance, more handy than the Twax and therefore more suitable as my exclusive desk vape for my bedside table.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I just love waking up to our vape friends across the pond enjoying their first rips off the FP! Damn @Hogni nice first review. I hope that most of us here have provided you with pre-vape experience that wasn't overhyped ;)

Enjoy your new vaporizer, what a time to get it, right before the weekend =)

Alexis

Today I cleaned up the vape area a little, put a strip of electrical tape over the controller display to dim it a bit...
R8j6yei.jpg

And put my Evo away :o It's lived on my desk for the last 26 months but it's time for a rest lil buddy:zzz:
PyrO, I could swear that your FC 186 bubbler looks a little different to me and more like Edwyn's model, in that the top of the downpipe looks to be much closer to where the beginning of the mouthpiece starts. I will have a better look later I did actually clean my FC 186 this morning for some potential usage!
Of no importance or matter and so just an observation I made from your photo.

I'm starting to feel a lot better now peeps and get back on top of things again after a tormentuos week and run of late. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom