Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
That should work if there are no other modifications. But guess the coil cover doesn't fit optimally it's designed for the 20mm but will also work with the 16mm. Not such a tight fitting and therefore not such a good heat retaining?

Last edited:

Justpassedu

Anyone know of a 20mm coil with an xlr connect that has as many wraps as newvapes and fits good around the center post?
I am using the Aiicioo 20mm brand off eBay for under $30 for good fitment , the 16mm does not fit as well, also the NewVape coils fit perfect and can be soldered to the correct connectors if you know how to solder. Also the hex nail coils fit nice , you'd have to pm them for one or message them on there site . The coil cover woks Best with the 20mm coil ,those are the coils I have tried so far and had success.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Here to give some love to the 16mm ogfp.

I can see that I will still be regularly using my 16mm ogfp right along side the showerhead. I am very lucky to have both because of their differences and the way the vapor feels. My 16mm routine makes for some awesome one hits and because it's design it feels different (in a good way) and produces a different feeling vapor than the showerhead.

The 16mm ogfp will always have a home in my lineup.

Variety is the very spice of life, that gives it all its flavor.
This phrase comes from William Cowper's poem, “The Task” (1785)

:nod:

I may just stick with my OGFP 16mm then!
It's so effortless, green to brown in one massive hit, works every time!
May upgrade the dish to Sic but i do love the taste of quartz...

Have you tried the coil cover on your 16mm rig yet?
Any differences or improvements?
I was hoping for a closer fitting coil cover specifically for the 16mm coils.

Baron23

You mean like this?
https://www.newvape.com/d-nail-wrap-around-centerpost-20mm-2

wrap-around-dnail-1.jpg

Looks like a SS Liger Banger without all of the drama! LOL

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Quick question, I have the old combo https://www.newvape.com/flowerpot-sic-dish-twax-twaxvapor to upgrade to the wrap around, is all I need just the wrap around center post and coil cover?

That should work if there are no other modifications. But guess the coil cover doesn't fit optimally it's designed for the 20mm but will also work with the 16mm. Not such a tight fitting and therefore not such a good heat retaining?

Have you tried the coil cover on your 16mm rig yet?
Any differences or improvements?
I was hoping for a closer fitting coil cover specifically for the 16mm coils.

In my experience, the coil cover doesnt fit perfectly on the 16mm coil but it does fit very well if placed correctly and held in place while screwing together.

It definitely made a difference on my 16mm coil. Recommended.

goodpunk6

In my experience, the coil cover doesnt fit perfectly on the 16mm coil but it does fit very well if placed correctly and held in place while screwing together.

It definitely made a difference on my 16mm coil. Recommended.

awesome. for $20 I'll mess around with it.

I'm going to be purchasing this very coil as I know it will work with my controller. Thanks so much for the link.

It's looking like the showerhead and showercap will be a x-mas present for myself. Hopefully, there will be a quartz/sapphire version of the showerhead then. Meh, I'll settle for the wrap around quartz or Sic dish on a 16mm. I just feel like the showerhead is for me and thus the upgrade to a 20mm.

Titanium sounds better than SiC or Quartz to me. I'm relatively new to dabbing so anyone try Titanium or Sapphire before? Not interested in the Dnail stuff.

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.

I'm going to be purchasing this very coil as I know it will work with my controller. Thanks so much for the link.

It's looking like the showerhead and showercap will be a x-mas present for myself. Hopefully, there will be a quartz/sapphire version of the showerhead then. Meh, I'll settle for the wrap around quartz or Sic dish on a 16mm. I just feel like the showerhead is for me and thus the upgrade to a 20mm.

Titanium sounds better than SiC or Quartz to me. I'm relatively new to dabbing so anyone try Titanium or Sapphire before? Not interested in the Dnail stuff.

The hierarchy of materials (for taste) runs like so:

Sapphire
SiC
(other ceramics?)*
Quartz
Ti
(glass?)*

* I have never personally dabbed on these (and to honest, only one dab on Ti).

Taking into account cost/durability/taste, SiC is the winner.
If price is no object, one can't beat Sapphire.
You can buy the TAG SiC dish for quite a bit less than D-Nails Halo.

:2c:

goodpunk6

The hierarchy of materials (for taste) runs like so:

Sapphire
SiC
(other ceramics?)*
Quartz
Ti
(glass?)*

Does anyone else feel this way or is this a confirmed meta?? I have dabbed off of the OG Flowerpot which is Sic and then the quartz and I gotta say, I enjoyed the quartz better. Although recently, I have been enjoying SiC more. I thought I just had to adjust to it, but isn't the fact that I needed to adjust to it negate that "SiC is better than quartz," ideology?

Either way, I feel comfortable with both now. I'll also enjoy not breaking a quartz dish when I accidentally drop it. :doh:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I can't be bothered to take off the showerhead so idk. I've only tried torched quartz, the showerhead, and NV SiC dish though so I have extremely limited experience. I felt like I got better dabs (boiled longer or whatever) and the taste was definitely a bit better on the SiC dish. The quartz had decent taste as well, but technique-dependent since I was torching. I probably won't even bother with a quartz dish. The Ti feels muted and the dab disappears pretty quickly even moving it around with the showercap but it's probably just bc of the massive surface area.

I felt like I'd be missing out or something with Ti over quartz or SiC but I can deal with it. Double deckers, the flavor of the oil isn't as nuanced since it mixed with the flower, and I prefer the showerhead to begin with.

As far as sapphire or the dnail, I don't know. I'm just going to hold out for dishes or some other option for the showerhead. I don't want another controller and nail and shit just to use SiC and the showerhead. Double deckers man. Can't go back.

Last edited:

goodpunk6

I can't be bothered to take off the showerhead so idk. I've only tried torched quartz, and the showerhead and NV SiC dish though so I have extremely limited experience. I felt like I got better dabs (boiled longer or whatever) and the taste was definitely a bit better. The Ti feels muted and the dab disappears pretty quickly even moving it around with the showercap but it's probably just bc of the massive surface area.

I felt like I'd be missing out or something with Ti over quartz or SiC but I can deal with it. Double deckers, the flavor of the oil isn't as nuanced since it mixed with the flower, and I prefer the showerhead to begin with.

As far as sapphire or the dnail, I don't know. I'm just going to hold out for dishes or some other option for the showerhead. I don't want another controller and nail and shit just to use SiC and the showerhead. Double deckers man. Can't go back.

Man I know what you mean. I've been told by my closest friend, "I don't understand how you can be this high and function." LOL, his girl was like, "You're really that high?" :lol::lol::lol:

I'm so amazed by how crazy high people get off of this thing. I've seen people hesitate to try the flowerpot again because they have already tried it and it got them more fucked up than any other experience they've had. This is on flower alone. Is this it's drawback?

Others however, cringe when I tell them the price to get into one of these badboys. They don't realize that buying all those papers and blunts eventually add up. I don' t really meet a bunch of dabbers so the opportunity to tell someone that spending an extra 60-100 bux can really open their world up to flower, doesn't come up very often.

If you're new to vaping and want the best experience, get a NewVape FlowerPot for the absolute maximum bang for your buck. It is the closest thing to combustion that you can get to. Your bong/pipe/J-hook will never look this milky white with the most amount of flavor. Especially if you love vaping through glass.

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Man I know what you mean. I've been told by my closest friend, "I don't understand how you can be this high and function." LOL, his girl was like, "You're really that high?" :lol::lol::lol:

I'm so amazed by how crazy high people get off of this thing. I've seen people hesitate to try the flowerpot again because they have already tried it and it got them more fucked up than any other experience they've had. This is on flower alone. Is this it's drawback?

Others however, cringe when I tell them the price to get into one of these badboys. They don't realize that buying all those papers and blunts eventually add up. I don' t really meet a bunch of dabbers so the opportunity to tell someone that spending an extra 60-100 bux can really open their world up to flower, doesn't come up very often.

If you're new to vaping and want the best experience, get a NewVape FlowerPot for the absolute maximum bang for your buck. It is the closest thing to combustion that you can get to. Your bong/pipe/J-hook will never look this milky white with the most amount of flavor. Especially if you love vaping through glass.

This guy gets it :)

Also, yeah, same as @muunch , I dont want two nails, and I cant be bothered to keep swapping bodies on the coil. I'm going to switch to the wraparound and SiC tomorrow to see if I notice the difference but for me, its Showerhead all the way.

BTW folks, I emailed Vapefiend UK asking if they would consider stocking the Flowerpot (that would save us in the UK on postage and customs etc), the answer back was basically "We'd consider it if there was enough interest".

So there you go, any of you UK folks, hassle Vapefiend :)

Last edited:

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
The Showerhead is soooooooooo damn efficient. It also just seems to milk every little bit of vapor out that's available at the temperature you're using.

The tastes increase a bunch when you get into some of the lower temperatures too. It's great! I just got done with a nice 583F on the Goldie-box with the NV 20mm coil.

From the left to your right in the photo below you'll notice how similar the color and level of extraction is in the 3 piles of the ABV the temperatures used here on the Showerhead were 655F, 668F and 685F.

Thank you @ichibaneye - didn't really think you were, you seem an easy sort. I was more panicked that others might think I was disrespecting @NewVape710 which was the direct opposite of my intent. I'm always concerned about that on FC just because we can't hear tone or see expressions. Even with smileys, I'm socially retarded at times. Thanks for the welcome to these parts!
You're welcome! :)

The Ti dabs will be last in taste and vapor. If you're new to dabbing I suggest checking out the other various threads on it. It'll break down the dabbing surfaces better for you. :tup:

Does anyone else feel this way or is this a confirmed meta?? I have dabbed off of the OG Flowerpot which is Sic and then the quartz and I gotta say, I enjoyed the quartz better. Although recently, I have been enjoying SiC more. I thought I just had to adjust to it, but isn't the fact that I needed to adjust to it negate that "SiC is better than quartz," ideology?

Either way, I feel comfortable with both now. I'll also enjoy not breaking a quartz dish when I accidentally drop it. :doh:
It's not a feeling. It's actually what is fact and also this can be confirmed when you're able to dab off of every surface with the same errl.

Sapphire is super nice!

Quartz usually just edges Sic out in the taste category actually. This can be confirmed by many other big time dabbing enthusiasts, it's mentioned all over the place on the net and can be found in other threads too.

Sic just usually gets the nod more often because it's easier to clean up and care for over the quarts and it's also stronger than quarts too.

Keep in mind also that each of these different materials have different set heat points that they all function best at. One temperature will not be what's the best for all of the others.

I'm with you I like the quartz better too but the Sic is still sick too!:rockon:

I've got a Liger V3 and It's a superior dab machine. I can't wait to test the NV dedicated rig for dabs against it.

Hopefully the Showerhead will one day get the sapphire, quarts and Sic inserts too.:freak:

Look how pretty the Showerhead is!

Right now my favorite temperature on my Showerhead is set at 645F for my flowers. What's yours people!?:haw:

Last edited:

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
ichibaneye,
Is the coloration on your ShowerHead and ShowerCap due to normal use, or did you "crank up the heat" for a bit while it did its thing?
If the latter, what time/temp did you use?

ichibaneye

ichibaneye,
Is the coloration on your ShowerHead and ShowerCap due to normal use, or did you "crank up the heat" for a bit while it did its thing?
If the latter, what time/temp did you use?
I finally used a torch to get the correct effect. Do a video search on it. It's not that hard to do. Just take your time and be patient. Slowly heat it evenly with your flame further away from the Ti when using the torch. :):rockon:

ichibaneye

I have noticed that thermal colors on Ti pieces are fugitive. Meaning they do not remain a fixed color. I had some outrageous colors going on my ogfp and it has settled down on a slivery light bronze.
It's easily touched up. Heat super hot again. Cool... Slowly heat. This time start light, colors last longer. Keep your hands off of the metal. That's a big color killer. Clean with iso. :tup::D:):rockon:

ichibaneye

I recommend checking out the stand and dab tools by NewVape. I use mine all of the time. The quality is great here and everything fits together tight and precisely. Plus it's not half bad to stare at either.

Yeah, awesome looking Ti you got there @ichibaneye - also, do you use the showercap at all for flowers?

I sometimes do just to speed things up... and of course for double deckers. :freak:

Banana Kush flowers and Blueberry live resin - a fruity nightcap.

Cheers
Yes, it actually aids me in not having combustion on my longer draws. I like long slow draws. So....

I was and am still learning the ins n outs of the FP SH. For example I had the temp. set at 686F, 3 half scoop :bowdown:
load in the bowl, not packed, just evenly spread across the Ti screen. I did not carb cap here. On a long continuous and slow draw, at about 36 seconds in I had a fire, destroyed flowers and a glass piece to clean and mouth to rinse out. Fuck combustion... yuck! :rockon::wave::tup:

So I tried it again at the same temperature and everything again. But instead, I'll carb cap right away to start the milk earlier on and then I'll continue to open draw without it. This allows me to lift the FP off and onto the bowl while still allowing me to control 2 things. 1. Leaving me enough breath for a nice long, slow, continuous draw. 2. Controlling the heat better by capping and then un-capping to open draw and if need be a FP lift off's and landing's to control the heat further.

I enjoy both not using the showercap and using it. Because of my draw style I'll use it a bunch at the higher temperatures to allow me the better control that I mentioned above.

At the lower temperatures I don't need to cap up because of my longer, slow draw style. So things are kind of on the reverse here for me [?] here with the SH. :D

I've got no complaints it's just like any other vaporizer really, in that it's got a learning curve and then you've got to figure out how you like to use it from there on out too.

Last edited:

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I am going to post my order for a showerhead tomorrow but I wonder why Shipping to Spain is so expensive. When I buy from Dynavap they charge 12$ and you can order everything you want. It will come in less than one week. But here the same shipping with the same company (Usps) costs 42,02 dollars or 21.83 if I want it within a month. I am shocked because it is a small package with little weight and I have ordered from Stickybrick and Dynavap much larger volumes but less money and it was waaay cheaper. Is there maybe a mistake in these numbers??

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Very slow draw here too. My lungs are quite fucked so I have to be real careful monitoring my 'choke point' to avoid coughing spasms.

I'm finding my slow draw means I dont really have to take the temp over 640 to have the load finished. If I take the temp up, all I get is a whisp of vapour and a darkened load.

However, if I want to do things in a down in one lungful, I take the temps up and reduce the amount in the bowl accordingly. At 580 to 630 I can fill the bowl nearly completely full and not cough, as I move up beyond that temp I have to change the load size to keep me from coughing. Which means at 710, I get the perfect one hit load that works marvelously with dabs.

When I get the new bowl and an Evo basket, it means I'll be able to change things up again as the load will be further away from the heat.

I am going to post my order for a showerhead tomorrow but I wonder why Shipping to Spain is so expensive. When I buy from Dynavap they charge 12$ and you can order everything you want. It will come in less than one week. But here the same shipping with the same company (Usps) costs 42,02 dollars or 21.83 if I want it within a month. I am shocked because it is a small package with little weight and I have ordered from Stickybrick and Dynavap much larger volumes but less money and it was waaay cheaper. Is there maybe a mistake in these numbers??

Might be the weight. The Showerhead is a tad heavier than ya average vapcap package.

Top Bottom