Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Don't have the FP but I love the way NewVape does business; makes me want to root for "just another hippie with a metalshop" Fuck yeah. Priceless. The dude just seems so genuine, another great manufacturer taking part in this unique place on the interwebs. FC rocks. Another reason I love this thread? I always laugh reading it, just classic back-n-forth. Some funny fuckers of combustion in here, imagine if there was a FlowerPot convention?

I have a feeling if @steama and @emmdeemo and @lazylathe were in the same room, someone in an adjoining room somewhere would be calling the cops. Or an unholy alliance would be formed to the doom of us all.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
High folks!

It seems I must have this thing. And since you're all forcing me to get this via your posts about how awesome it is, the least you can do is help a brother out.

I'm new to dabbing. I recently got a Boost by Dr. Dabber and it pushed me down the slippery dab slope. Now I need a bona fide enail desktop setup, and it seems the Flowerpot is right up my alley.

I see on the website I can buy a showerhead bundle for $595. Is that the best bang for my buck if I'm starting from scratch, or would it be more cost effective to build my own?

As I'm new to dabbing, bear with me: So far I've gathered I need a glass rig (guess I'll go with their recommendation of the 18mm female rig with the large base). Then I need a body--if I want to do both dab and flower, does the body matter? Will the 18mm body with handle suffice?

Then I'll need an enail coil--again I'd likely go with their recommended 20mm coil. Then I need head (get your mind out of the gutters!). It seems the showerhead is all the rage, especially if one wants to enjoy flower as well as dabs. Would you agree? Finally, it seems I need a coil nut and a stand. Am I close to target here with what I'll need for a complete desktop enail setup?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice. @NewVape710 - your input is most welcome.

Cheers!

Last edited:

VisiblyVaped

High folks!

It seems I must have this thing. And since you're all forcing me to get this via your posts about how awesome it is, the least you can do is help a brother out.

I'm new to dabbing. I recently got a Boost by Dr. Dabber and it pushed me down the slippery dab slope. Now I need a bona fide enail desktop setup, and it seems the Flowerpot is right up my alley.

I see on the website I can buy a showerhead bundle for $595. Is that the best bang for my buck if I'm starting from scratch, or would it be more cost effective to build my own?

As I'm new to dabbing, bear with me: So far I've gathered I need a glass rig (guess I'll go with their recommendation of the 18mm female rig with the large base). Then I need a body--if I want to do both dab and flower, does the body matter? Will the 18mm body with handle suffice?

Then I'll need an enail coil--again I'd likely go with their recommended 20mm coil. Then I need head (get your mind out of the gutters!). It seems the showerhead is all the rage, especially if one wants to enjoy flower as well as dabs. Would you agree? Finally, it seems I need a coil nut and a stand. Am I close to target here with what I'll need for a complete desktop enail setup?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Cheers!

You'll love the FP with or without the showerhead. The OG was amazing in and of itself. However, if you have the funds, it's an experience. I'm testing out the new head design with Sic dish (not the showerhead)in a few min. I'll probably do a bowl of flower after with the showerhead but I personally feel the need to get a shower cap to get the full benefit, and I have yet to be able to purchase

Last edited:

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
High folks!

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Cheers!

Right on!
If you like one-click shopping and just want it ordered, the bundle is fine.
However, if you want to customize your FlowerPot experience and maybe save a bit of cash, take the extra time to pick and choose the components that are best for you. As it currently stands, this is the 411 on the components:

For mostly flower, the ShowerHead seems like the way and the light... no bad reviews about it anywhere yet!

For concentrates, you can use the ShowerHead... but currently it is a Titanium nail only, though there has been some talk about a Sapphire insert (please... NewVape... please?). If you are vaping mostly concentrates, I personally prefer SiC, which is only available with the OG and "Wraparound" versions.

For coil size, it looks like the new designs are 20mm only... so I would personally recommend 20mm if only to be "future proof" for new stuff coming down the road from NewVape.

Finally, you have the option to use NewVape's coil and controller, or other third-party controllers. The only thing to be aware of here is that NewVape's controller is wired differently on the cord connector than other industry standard options. You might or might not care about this... I personally don't, because I'm sticking with NewVape's controllers and coils purely out of laziness and an unwillingness to go place extra orders. Besides, I want to give NewVape all of my money... as has been recently demonstrated by my multiple weekly orders to them! :)

Whatever you decide, let us know! Oh... and welcome to the money pit! NewVape makes the best money vaporizer in the business! :D

Last edited:

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Right on!
If you like one-click shopping and just want it ordered, the bundle is fine.
However, if you want to customize your FlowerPot experience and maybe save a bit of cash, take the extra time to pick and choose the components that are best for you. As it currently stands, this is the 411:

For mostly flower, the ShowerHead seems like the way and the light... no bad reviews about it anywhere yet!

For concentrates, you can use the ShowerHead... but currently it is a Titanium nail only, though there has been some talk about a Sapphire insert (please... NewVape... please?). If you are vaping mostly concentrates, I personally prefer SiC, which is only available with the "OG" and "Wraparound" versions.

For coil size, it looks like the new designs are 20mm only... so I would personally recommend 20mm if only to be "future proof" for new stuff coming down the road from NewVape.

Whatever you decide, let us know! Oh... and welcome to the money pit! NewVape makes the best money vaporizer in the business! :D

Thanks, friend. Is titanium sub-optimal for concentrates? Or is it that sapphire is better?

Cheers and thanks again.

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
Thanks, friend. Is titanium sub-optimal for concentrates? Or is it that sapphire is better?

Cheers and thanks again.

I personally find the following to be true:

(Quartz = Titanium) < (SiC = Sapphire)

Others will say that Quartz is better than Ti, or else it tastes like shit at the end of the dab making it worse than Ti... and most people here who have tried both seem to think that Sapphire is better tasting than SiC. I personally can't tell the difference between the two taste-wise... but I'm in the minority.

Seems to be somewhat of a personal preference, based on individual physiology and dabbing practices/temperatures.

None of the nail options are really "bad" in my opinion... I find that Ti dabs are just fine, though I prefer SiC personally.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Understandable, I've only been at it a week and I have had to pace myself. That and the Flowerpot has also put the nap-down on me a few times unexpectedly.:zzz:

@ichibaneye somehow (:razz:) forgot to say that "nap-down" made me spit hot tea through my nose. Thank you for that. I've not heard that before.

And we've found our fourth contestant in "Hotel Room Showdown 2017"! I'm thinking webcam via secure uplink and a thread here for everyone else to do live commentary. Could become an annual event, PayPerView in Vegas maybe, you all could be stars! :clap:

edited to improve legibility! Gracias!

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Just took my first shower and the water is fantastic! Definitely a different beast from the OG 16mm FP. The looks and size of this showerhead is a real wowzer. I started at 650f and felt the need for more heat so far I am at 700f. I need to dial in new temps because the showerhead is so different from anything else on this planet.

Very powerful effects using the showerhead. I do not know exactly what it is, maybe the added airflow, but I haven't had effects this strong for a while.

The coil cover greatly reduces radiant heat coming off the showerhead. I can tell how well this thing has been designed by moving my hand around the showerhead. A little heat radiates from the sides but not as much as the OG FP but once you move your hand over the top of the showerhead you can really feel the heat blasting away in there. Such good work by NewVape on this design is truly amazing to me, seriously amazing in how well it does what it was designed to do. Congratulations to NewVape on this, you really hit it out of the park.

I think I can safely say no other vape has less airflow resistance than the FP showerhead. This feature alone makes it the best vape I have ever used, sorry and much love to the OGFP, but the showerhead kicks your butt, actually it kicks ass on everything out there imo.

I would say it's time to take a break and enjoy this piece for a while but since I got to know NewVape a little better I have come to terms that I may need/want something 'NewVape' at any given moment.

:leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf:+ :leaf:
I rate the NewVape FP showerhead 5 pot leaves plus one!

The best damn vape ever and I'm not even exaggerating. This is truly the best. :nod:

Complete agreement.

Here, 700f/710f is one hitter heaven, no matter the load size. Be careful now :)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I personally find the following to be true:

(Quartz = Titanium) < (SiC = Sapphire)

Others will say that Quartz is better than Ti, or else it tastes like shit at the end of the dab making it worse than Ti... and most people here who have tried both seem to think that Sapphire is better tasting than SiC. I personally can't tell the difference between the two taste-wise... but I'm in the minority.

Seems to be somewhat of a personal preference, based on individual physiology and dabbing practices/temperatures.

None of the nail options are really "bad" in my opinion... I find that Ti dabs are just fine, though I prefer SiC personally.

For whatever it's worth, quite a few people in the Liger thread have sold their Sapphire Ligers and went back to torched quartz bangers. I've never hit sapphire myself so I can't comment, but I find it interesting none the less.

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
Don't have the FP but I love the way NewVape does business; makes me want to root for "just another hippie with a metalshop" Fuck yeah. Priceless. The dude just seems so genuine, another great manufacturer taking part in this unique place on the interwebs. FC rocks. Another reason I love this thread? I always laugh reading it, just classic back-n-forth. Some funny fuckers of combustion in here, imagine if there was a FlowerPot convention?

I have a feeling if @steama and @emmdeemo and @lazylathe were in the same room, someone in an adjoining room somewhere would be calling the cops. Or an unholy alliance would be formed to the doom of us all.
He's more than a hippie with a metal shop. He's a madman with a laboratory at his disposal. :ko:

@ichibaneye somehow (:razz:) forgot to say that "nap-down" made me spit hot tea through my nose. Thank you for that. I've not heard that before.

And we've found our fourth contestant in "Hotel Room Showdown 2017"! I'm thinking webcam via secure uplink and a thread here for everyone else to do live commentary. Could become an annual event, PayPerView in Vegas maybe, you all could be stars! :clap:

edited to improve legibility! Gracias!
You're welcome. The FP is the only contestant. :nod:

For whatever it's worth, quite a few people in the Liger thread have sold their Sapphire Ligers and went back to torched quartz bangers. I've never hit sapphire myself so I can't comment, but I find it interesting none the less.

I have no comment as to the recent sales or why. The Liger hits very cool and smooth. It's truly an errl rig and hits super comfortable and tasty. Sapphire is realty damn tasty! Night and day actually when compared to the other insert options. :tup:

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
@steama

Crap man!! I am loving my OGFP still!! And now i need the ShowerHead!!
Time to start saving again!

Been rocking the OG 16mm FP all day!

@Vapinghole
I get a slight metallic taste with Ti, not bad but it does alter some strains delicate flavors slightly.
For now i use the Quartz dish and love the flavor! It's on point for me and my taste buds!
My nest dish to try is Sic and i have heard it is better than Quartz, so that should be good!

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
He's more than a hippie with a metal shop. He's a madman with a laboratory at his disposal. :ko:
Sorry, meant no disrespect. I stumbled onto this thread because of folks like @Justpassedu, @biohacker & @duff just folks that make me laugh but also have good insight and the owner impressed me so I checked his info for NV website and the following just made me like him more:
"Occupation: just another hippie with a Machine Shop"
The FP certainly has its share of respected FC members as fans. And it's remarkable how @NewVape710 interacts with his devotees and is so driven to innovate and experiment in his laboratory as @ichibaneye so aptly calls his machine shop. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, wherever (whenever?) you may be.
EDIT: I misquoted machine not metal, sorry

Likes2vape

I love all my fp heads!! The ogfp is a beast beyond any other vape and the wrap around heads really improves dabbing from it (it was already great). The showerhead just steps up the already great great design of the ogfp with no need for a carb cap. I thought the EVO was the end all be all vape until I got the ogfp now that I have the showerhead I think my VAS has officially been cured. I can't see ever wanting for another desktop vape.

VisiblyVaped

The new style head with Sic is the shiznit. Everything in my original review holds true, but with better heat distribution and stability. This device is truly magnificent. Showercap will be necessary for my showerhead double deckers but what's awesome is that this worked with my og lollicap.....
:science::science::science:
N7gQY7Y.jpg

Last edited:

VisiblyVaped

Thank you for the kind words. These products would not be where they are now without the input from everyone on this FC feed. I've wasted years on Instagram looking for what's happening right here right now.

And now, in the vape world, YOU'RE what's happening in the here and now. Awesome job with your company man and I appreciate what you've done.

Justpassedu

I had a good friend I grew up with by the other night that I have not seen in awhile , always been a combuster with 0 belief in vaping . Well I broke out the flower pot and let's just say in one hit his feelings had changed. Started with some flower and than introduced him to his 1st dabs , now I have no food left in the house this morning but the fp kept up all night , really love this thing and its ease of use compared to other vapes . Happy Labor Day all .

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Friends I was planning on going with the Auber RDK300, but the talk about Auber coil fitment has me considering just ordering the controller and coil from Newvape. The Auber controller itself looks like a quality piece, and I understand the different pin outs; but other than that is there going to be any real functional differences between the two PID controllers?

I'm just waiting for eBay to clear my funds then I'm off to drown in a showerhead!

PoopMachine

I thought I would share my homemade handles. They are made with 4 para-cord wrapped fiberglass rods. I also included cord stress relief at the end of the handle. They feel very good in the hand. I accidentally stumbled upon the great ergonomics of a rectangle shape in the palm of your hand - lol.

Anyway, thanks for looking FP pals.

handles.jpg

:peace:

Where did you get all the stuff from?

Likes2vape

Friends I was planning on going with the Auber RDK300, but the talk about Auber coil fitment has me considering just ordering the controller and coil from Newvape. The Auber controller itself looks like a quality piece, and I understand the different pin outs; but other than that is there going to be any real functional differences between the two PID controllers?

I'm just waiting for eBay to clear my funds then I'm off to drown in a showerhead!
I think the rdk has a timer to auto shut off but i don't think there is any other real functional differences between the two. All we're doing is heating a coil as long as the controller can maintain the temp you want there's not much difference between PID controllers. Honestly I would just get the NewVape one unless you absolutely need the timer option. NewVape of isn't going anywhere, Vapecode isn't going anywhere coils will always be readily available plus the gold box looks fucking cool!

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
If anyones interested...

My Auber RDK200 took 3.5 minutes to get up to temp, reached temp and stayed there.

My Vapecode/NV approved controller took about 1 minute 20 seconds to get up to temp and over shoots by about 60f, then takes a further couple of minutes cooling down to its chosen temp.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Yeah, sorry if I got that wrong as I often do. I think it's either early onset or I have been hammered with the flower pot.

:freak:

Haha. Not a problem in the slightest :)

BTW, I think your non scientific findings are correct. This thing extracts so completely and quickly. My own pet theory is that the air stream is now more full of vapour and with less dilution, hence a smoother more complete hit.

It seems, for me, that the more diluted the stream of vapour is, the more likely I am to cough (the volcano killed my lungs for instance using the bag, using a whip was better). I have shitty lungs tho so a restricted draw is something I dont particularly like (the vapcap doesnt make me cough even tho the draw is so thick with vapour, but once I get a big load in there, the draw restriction becomes severe).

The FP (EDIT: The Showerhead in particular) is pretty much my holy grail of vapes.

Desktop endgame for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom