Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Square4Life

I think that first sentence is something Im just going to have to face up to. I use slightly larger amounts than a lot of ppl so its much easier to get those thick, vapour results.

Letting the cap and head equalize in temp first, makes all the difference here (i think :) )
How large of a load ya talking bout? How many draws does it take to clear that load size at 635f? I'd like to get a 'base' when testing later :science:

Baron23

Hi guys -

@NewVape420 - thank you for the reply regarding the emery cloth and that it will not be needed by those ordering new, just the retrofit folks like myself.

All - ran my Pan Head with revised stem in my C2 65 mm stemless can glass and it was perfect. Sealed tighter than a (fill in the blank with the awful image of your choice LOL). I did run it hotter than my SH OG with shorter bowl depth. I had previously ran the PH at 645 while being at 620-625 F with the SH OG.

This time I ran at 665 F for the deeper bowl and got better performance, I believe. Now, please understand that I do not run with large load sizes and prefer multiple smaller loads of .12 - .15 g. That's just my habit and no reason for criticism of the bowl depth which was requested by popular demand on this board. But for me, that means I need to up the temps a bit to get equal performance.

Oh, and as mentioned, I cap always. Just like it that way. And I give a stir once when it gets wispy to clean it up.

From my experience, @emmdeemo is exactly correct that the heater and bowl do better once heat soaked. Just as does any enail with any amount of mass (think Liger here). That's not an issue with me at all....I do tend to heat soak my enails, EVO, Nano and now my FPs before first using.

My 14 mm is sidlined for the present. I don't have a good, machine made, 14 mm joint glass. My 14's are oil rigs with hand made joints and that is a bit iffy with the PH style device as the top of the glass joint is not going to be perfectly flat. That and in getting my 18 mm to fit with the emery cloth, now my 14 is just a tad too loose.....that's on me and not a complaint. But for now, I'm sticking with my 18 mm PH and my 18 mm SH OG, both of which are very good performers.

Thanks

Baron23

I got this piece today (https://es.dhgate.com/product/brand-new-mobius-matrix-sidecar-oil-rigs/391012329.html) and whoaa! nice little and dense hits. Maybe too much diffusion but in my daily basis i use only a thin layer of water at the bottom, to add moisture and as an ashcatcher. Will submit photos of my rig once in home after work.
I have a similar knockoff from stevenlmz79 14 mm and there is a bit of an issue using mine with the two piece PH as the joint is recessed to dang low in the can.

I do love that type of glass and use mine often.

Hopefully, different vendor and 18 mm, if you have a PH perhaps this will work as it seems the 18 mm stems are longer.

Good luck, look forward to the pics

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I got to try the Newvape eggosphere rig and I got to use it with both my FPs, WA and SH and i noticed the taste was different but better out of this rig compared to my incyclers. So i grabbed my old school 18 inch straight tub bong and put the FP in that and same thing, better taste compared to both my incyclers.

But when using the Liger, the taste is so much better in the incycler than either tube or eggosphere.

Is there any rhyme or reason to this? Or am i just flowerpot wasted and is just crazy?

Danksta

I got to try the Newvape eggosphere rig and I got to use it with both my FPs, WA and SH and i noticed the taste was different but better out of this rig compared to my incyclers. So i grabbed my old school 18 inch straight tub bong and put the FP in that and same thing, better taste compared to both my incyclers.

But when using the Liger, the taste is so much better in the incycler than either tube or eggosphere.

Is there any rhyme or reason to this? Or am i just flowerpot wasted and is just crazy?

Flower vapor is different than oil vapor.

I love my incycler for dabs but not at all for the FP.

I HATE my egg for dabs but not at all for the FP.

:D

jardri

Vapor Dreams
This is my newly arrived water piece. I find the size and quality of hits very satisfying. It creates some sort of turbulence and i have noticed tastier and more dense vapor. Glass from china but very high quality.

mftj8rq.jpg

I think its the perfect size

dontmindme

It might be the vapor paths size from the liger is smaller than the newvapes gear. It might match the flow better... and prevents the vapor from expanding. Maybe the vapor pathway for the liger acts like a condenser and the incycler keeps a small path... maybe newvapes products require a high flow to extract the flavor without getting too hot where it isnt represented well.

Your incycler also might be pushing back up after the first draw... so whatever is being pushed up (hot air/vapor... humidty) is going thru the herb in the fp/sh and with the liger it just goes over it entering the bucket.

Honestly i dont know... never used a incycler or a liger...

anasrzi

Been hitting bubble extract in my 16mm wrap round to great effect, so much so I've not used herb in over two weeks now just pure bubble or dabs only. My temps for this have been around the 640f mark and I can get a good few extractions but I'm finding it harder to extract fully in one hit.

I'll try a higher temp tomorrow night but I'd hate to detract from the flavour to much.

Got some arizer EQ mesh bowls to use as well so that should help focus the heat into the centre more so than the standard screen.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Flower vapor is different than oil vapor.

I love my incycler for dabs but not at all for the FP.

I HATE my egg for dabs but not at all for the FP.

:D

Thats exactly how i am feeling right now especially after trying the egg. My buddy who bought the egg couldnt tell the difference. But he also couldnt tell the difference between SiC and Sapphire inserts.

All night, I felt like i was missing out this whole time so i just went to a LHS for lunch, Smokeez to look at some American made glass with a larger dia can. The owner also never heard of the FP and twaxing. He stared at me like in disbelief, and said, "at the same time?" so i told him newvape.com and had to explained how it worked. Still staring with his jaw hanging and told him to get in the game!

Anyway, i think the incycler might cause the vape to move too much and loose its flavor. When i use the FP in the brick stack, the mouthpiece is never sticky but i use the Liger in that rig and its sticky after a dab or two. Another thing i noticed is that with the FP compared to Liger, I am changing water more as it get white-ish when using the FP.

I tried out a Seed of Life 12" sherlock holmes and wow, that thing was effortless to pull and had a large can. It may have to join the family and be my designated FP rig.

Square4Life

Pretty much with you on this.

My temp is 715f and I get nearly a full extraction every time. I say nearly because I dump my ABV into my hand and crush it, load it into the bowl for another full vapor hit. This step kills the remaining actives in ABV 100%.

Instead of taking mine out of the bowl, I take my NV Pax shovel and use the handle end to smash the abv while still in the bowl (the stiff, double weave screen provides a sturdy enough bottom) to finish the load off. But yeah, think we are right there together on use.

Grifo

I kinda wish there was cylinder insert to press the herb down a little in the bowl. It also would double as a end for threaded dab/loading tools. Maybe a pattern to stir things up.
There is the flat bottom dab tool they carry. I feel like packing ground up herb wouldn't be to beneficial.

Baron23

This is my newly arrived water piece. I find the size and quality of hits very satisfying. It creates some sort of turbulence and i have noticed tastier and more dense vapor. Glass from china but very high quality.

mftj8rq.jpg

I think its the perfect size
Hey, it looks like it worked. Is that an 18 mm stem or a 14 mm?

Instead of taking mine out of the bowl, I take my NV Pax shovel and use the handle end to smash the abv while still in the bowl (the stiff, double weave screen provides a sturdy enough bottom) to finish the load off. But yeah, think we are right there together on use.

I do similar but don't really crush it, just stir it well with the Pax Loading Tool.....or the one on the end of my cap's dabber! :-)

Square4Life

There is the flat bottom dab tool they carry. I feel like packing ground up herb wouldn't be to beneficial.
Depending on the original grind, sometimes the smashing helps break it down after it has been vaped a bit.

Perhaps I misspoke lol...I do stir the abv load before tamping it back down with the end of the pax tool. I just find the tamping/smashing helps distribute the load back out after stirring and, break up any chunks before i finish the load.

ParanoidAndroid998

@jardri I have the same rig and it works really well, I believe a lot of FP users have it. I love to grip it like a beer can when I take my hits, very ergonomic. It does amazingly well to smooth out those dense hits.
Do you have an 18mm adjustable bowl you can try with that piece? I have my FP on the way, and own that piece as well. Not sure if the panhead will fit it natively or if I'll need a dropdown or something with more of a lip at the top of the joint.

ParanoidAndroid998

@WAM90 sorry I only have the 14mm FP (3038) in an 18mm adapter, I would assume it would fit fine as they are selling the rig as well (9110) labeled a perfect choice for FP :tup:
True, although the OG bowl fits more like a regular male joint, so I'm curious to see if the new adjustable bowl will fit.

ParanoidAndroid998,
Reactions: steama

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Finally cleaned my glass and got some rezblock. Back to no reclaim build up in the can, and more goodies into my face! Also, unexpected by product of the new adjustabowl... I dont know how or why this is happening (it must be the new fit?), im getting WAY less reclaim build up on the post inside the glass. Very pleased with that.

How large of a load ya talking bout? How many draws does it take to clear that load size at 635f? I'd like to get a 'base' when testing later :science:

Maybe around a 0.2g, my scales arent to any more decimal points tho, so I cant weigh accurately. Fine grind.

It will still be in rotation, I don't dab off of TI. I'm about 50/50 now with concentrates and flower.

Can we start taking bets on the outcome? ;)

Baron23

So, I ran my Pan Head, 18 mm, direct in my 65 mm stemless can glass but up'd the temp to 700 F, the temp (or dang close) shown in NV's recent vid and to see if I could compensate for the 2.5 mm deeper bowl when compared to my SH OG.

Wow....it looked like I set the house on fire. .12 - .15 g loads, max and extraordinarily thick, dense, and voluminous vapor. Vapor as I was used to with my SH OG.

Now, for me....700 - 710 is hot. Heck, I only run my Liger w-SiC for shatter at 590 and my D-nail SiC Halo at 640 and that's dabbing (couple of them and I'm done).

In my sessions last night, my thought was that boy, that's a lot of very hot air I'm breathing in, but its really not THAT big a difference from other vape experiences and I'm sure I can drop that temp down to maybe 660-670 F and still get tremendous results.

We are indeed many and varied and as I have said before, I vape for sedation and pain relief primarily at night and I do tend to favor Louisville Slugger to the Forehead type sessions vice more sipping that some others favor. So, yeah....700 is hot, but wowzer was the vapor thick and the AVB perfect darkish brown.

So, that's that...I have a SH OG that I'm happy with (don't know how many more times I should say it for safety, but I don't care if it sticks, I use a drop down and the drop down makes a very handy handle for emptying the bowl) and now a Pan Head in 18 mm that I have gotten working very well.

Note, I don't dab off of either of them...flower only.

Take care, folks.

Top Bottom