Brilliant Cut Grinder

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Better say British distributor. Let's wait for the Brexit whether the UK still is a good location for European distribution.

Grinders for Life

Grinder Manufacturer
Thanks @lazylathe, @szai, and @antispleen for taking the time to create all the content, photos, and videos for the community. It's been great to get your feedback.

I think the builder app and possible engravings is a great idea. I bet a lot of people would take advantage of that.

Not asking for a firm time frame, but do you think we're looking at a few weeks until production units are released for sale, or more likely a couple of months? Understand unexpected things come up, but just your best guess right now.

Also, any chance for a pre-order for FC with a slight discount?

The release date all depends on the feedback from the first round of beta testing. We'll see what people say. The anodizer said that he would run the parts next week. He's been busy lately. We ordered 11 different colours this time to see which ones are the best. We are getting black, light grey, pink, dark blue, light blue, red, orange, copper, purple, green, and gold. Once I get the parts back, I'll put the magnets in and be shipping them out to the remaining beta testers as fast as possible.

It would be ideal to launch it within the month, or in October.

@Hogni and @antispleen both thought that a soft carrying bag would be nice. Something like this:
j6rknp.jpg

We will definitely be engraving or marking the middle plates to differentiate the grind sizes, but the beta grinders aren't marked. The different colors indicating grind size is also a great idea.

Here ya go. The fine plate takes a bit, but i usually remove the stems and break it up a bit, but for this video I wanted to just chuck it in and go.

We're going to try a few changes in new prototypes to see if we can speed up the grinding time on the fine plate. We have some ideas.

@Grinders for Life are you considering working with any European distributors like @VapeFiend.com?

We heard that these shops in Europe are good: thehedonistclub.co.uk and Vapefiend.co.uk in the UK and vaposhop.com and verdampftnochmal.de on the continent.

What other companies do you guys like dealing with?

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Here ya go. The fine plate takes a bit, but i usually remove the stems and break it up a bit, but for this video I wanted to just chuck it in and go.

Thanks for the video. Very much apreciated. Yes, I definitely want that fine grind!

Different colours for the middle plate makes it easier to distinguish them. BTW are there already any marks or something else on the middle plates for distinguishing?

As long as they don't have to be different colors, and as long as any engravings are not on the outside. It's clean and smooth on the outside and I really hope that it stays that way.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@Grinders for Life concerning the soft carrying bag, please keep in mind that both @Hogni & @antispleen fall into the “Vape Accessory Fetishist Prima Donna” category. You’re trying to please the 1%! :rofl:
Every facet of their vape experience is LUSH! (Do we have a smilie for posh?) :lol:

Having said that, I really like the soft bag too. I like those two^ as well, I guess. But to be perfectly honest: the 2 grinders that have come in bags, I’ve never put them back in the bag. Whatever that’s worth.

@Ramahs I know right? My grinder is/was perfectly fine, until that @lazylathe pushed my consumer button. :goon: I don’t even have GrAS, it’s just this singular beauty that’s captured my imagination. This is the grinder for my golden years! I’m sure arthritis tends to get worse, so bring on NO THREADS! :nod:

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
@Grinders for Life concerning the soft carrying bag, please keep in mind that both @Hogni & @antispleen fall into the “Vape Accessory Fetishist Prima Donna” category. You’re trying to please the 1%!
:rofl:Got an irl lol out of me on that one. While not wrong, even putting this thing carefully in the cupboard I feel like it wants to be nestled safely in a soft home...that insanely brilliant finish..damn I'm just proving your point. :shrug:

:rockon::sherlock::rockon::lol::whoa::science::rofl:
Indeed grinder for the golden years, I hit 37 tomorrow...damn where did the time go?

:myday:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I agree with the anti branding on the exterior sentiment. Regarding the travel bag, I find no value in it personally. It's not going back in there beyond maybe the first week. Most accessories that come with little pouches never get put in the pouch. I don't know. If it provided some measure of protection beyond abrasions, then maybe, but at that point it seems like an option accessory (shock protection case/bag). Anyway, I don't really care much about accessories unless they solidly improve performance.
A spout attachment that locked in via magnet would be a great accessory. It seems a brush of some type would be useful to some, but again, we probably already have a bunch (unless we are a newer user). But for instance, my MFLB came with a brush, which I obviously was gentle with because the MFLB is so tiny and delicate, but the handle fell off the brush within a few weeks of regular use. I would rather not have crap break on me or clutter up my place with stuff I think I may use eventually. lol All this is my personal feelings, and is not likely to represent the masses. But I mean, as a long time vaper, I have a lot of certain things....battery caps, glass connectors and tubes, silicone sections of different diameter, brushes, crappy grinders, glass bowls for smoking, etc etc etc

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I feel like a quality cleaning brush would be of value and I just got the S&B brush 3-pack of which @Diggy Smalls is speaking. After looking at them, I’ve no reason to think his case is unique. But they’re cheap.

Next time I’m going straight to China (eBay) and getting a “coffee grinder cleaning brush”, looks like better quality in terms of bristle attachment for even less dough. Why are so many 420-related things simply repurposed items at crazy mark-up? Because the consumer base is comprised of stoners. :D I’ve done it!

Now when you look at the material used and obvious quality in craftsmanship (& the tools required) of the Brilliant Cut Grinder and a $99 CAD price point seems very reasonable indeed. If @Grinders for Life did make an in-house manufactured, natural bristled brush, I’d buy 2, if they were ~12-15 CAD each. For sure.

:leaf:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I much prefer this scoop design from NewVape. Someone with the right equipment :o could do something like this fairly easily. It’s an amazing bit of kit and it fits perfectly in VapCaps and the stems for my Nano, and I guess any vape. The one linked is aluminium but they also make one in SS. One of the great things about this scoop imo is that the sides are straight rather than angled. I’m eventually getting 2 more for each floor of the home. Unless someone else comes to market with something better :brow: !

Not having lived in the states since the green revolution, and having only associated with you fuckers* for the last long while, does the modern day combusting stoner acquire as much paraphernalia as her/his non-combusting counterpart? I’d assume so, but personally my consumerism for kit exploded when I made the switch. I’m chalking down to you all expanding my awareness of the good shit. This community has steered me towards good decisions. Having good experiences with quality products from real people doesn’t help me to not want more of the good shit. Horrible problem right?! :rolleyes: That’s why I’m stalking this thread...

@Dynavaper You are so easy. You can’t help wanting the very best, like those other fuckers* I mentioned.

EDIT: @antispleen so proud I made you laugh! Love this community and the magic of interwebs.

EDIT: for clarity :smug:
* of Combustion

Last edited:

Alexis

:rofl:Got an irl lol out of me on that one. While not wrong, even putting this thing carefully in the cupboard I feel like it wants to be nestled safely in a soft home...that insanely brilliant finish..damn I'm just proving your point. :shrug:

:rockon::sherlock::rockon::lol::whoa::science::rofl:
Indeed grinder for the golden years, I hit 37 tomorrow...damn where did the time go?

:myday:
Happy Birthday man!:cheers: I have 0 + 1 years on you (and several months). Have a great day we wish.:cheers: :smug::zzz:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@antispleen has achieved geezer status! :clap: LOL!! 3-7! Hey my friend, you’re not even middle-aged! At 37, you should still be bright-eyed and full of enthusiasm! I did a lot of things later in life and was 35 & 37 when my sons came along. Now they’re teens and I don’t even understand how it all happened?

Wait till you hit 50 or so, that’s a rude awakening...:ugh: Mostly though, age is a mental thing.
Until you drop dead. :rip:

Speaking of dead. What’s the word from BC? Any developments @Grinders for Life ? :ninja:

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
Thank you all so much for all the warm birthday wishes:love:
Life has gotten busy again with 4 kiddos back in school and summer winding down, but my BC grinder is still as smooth as ever. I find myself using the middle grind most of the time, and the fine once in while. Today looks pretty busy but I'm hoping tomorrow to make a comparison video, maybe between the super weapon 1, and that other magnet grinder, and the BC.

Thanks again for all the love vape fam!

szai

@antispleen has achieved geezer status! :clap: LOL!! 3-7! Hey my friend, you’re not even middle-aged! At 37, you should still be bright-eyed and full of enthusiasm! I did a lot of things later in life and was 35 & 37 when my sons came along. Now they’re teens and I don’t even understand how it all happened?

Wait till you hit 50 or so, that’s a rude awakening...:ugh: Mostly though, age is a mental thing.
Until you drop dead. :rip:

Speaking of dead. What’s the word from BC? Any developments @Grinders for Life ? :ninja:

The news is more prototypes!

Top Bottom