Brilliant Cut Grinder

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I'm up for a gold one and happy to wait for a production run.

I'll be wanting all three grind plates despite the fact I'll probably end up only using one of them but I'm a sucker for complete collections. That's mostly why I stay out of the DynaVap thread these days, I'd go broke if I tried to collect every varient.

Great job @Grinders for Life, you've put a lot of time and effort into beta testing and it shows.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I’ve been over the pictures again once or thrice and yeah, the saturation & anodising on these are nice. @Grinders for Life just 2 Qs: When the tweaking of prototypes is done, how many colours do you intend to offer at release? AND Do you have a timeframe in-house for the general release? I’m not asking you to share that date here, just curious if you had picked a goal or if it’s a matter of selecting the finalists.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
But no hurry! Better 2-4w longer and a well-constructed utensil than holding a deadline that can't hold w/o lacks of construction.
That's the main reason for a lot of frustrations of customers of new released things here on FC. Producers want to hold a too optimistic deadline, their construction is too careless, they need to generate money asap or they only use customers as paying beta-testers.

Hogni

Yep, awesome communication and cooperation with BCG!
But IMO it's never smart not to use the great resources of ideas, experience and knowledge of potential customers while constructing a new device despite the psychological aspect for customers of being part of a product's development which increases their loyalty to the product and to the producer and so they are getting a positive mulitpicator of good marketing.
Only if you are an autistic Gyro Gearloose as a developer you probably can't do it in another way....

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
It seems like the company may be able to sell these testing models at a discounted price in exchange for feedback. They would cut some of the loss, and get exponentially more feedback. I don't know if that's something they would be interested in, but it does seem many people would jump at that opportunity. The hype is thick, man. I'm excited to get my hands on one of these.

I think the dark grey would look good sandwiched between bright colors. I was thinking like green or red with a black, grey, and silver grind plates. Black being fine, silver being course or whichever way. The gold/orange looks great, both of the blues, really I like all of them except the hot pink , and the purple isn't the best shade of purple. I would prefer a deeper purple, that one is kind of bright.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I think the dark grey would look good sandwiched between bright colors. I was thinking like green or red with a black, grey, and silver grind plates. Black being fine, silver being course or whichever way. The gold/orange looks great, both of the blues, really I like all of them except the hot pink , and the purple isn't the best shade of purple. I would prefer a deeper purple, that one is kind of bright.

Agreed about the purple. I think if it were darker it would really pop. It's the grinder ancient royalty would have used! I like the blues, but again think a deeper and darker blue would be even better.

What most people are calling gold, I see more as orange with some definite gold undertones. I wonder what color it's actually supposed to be?

szai

@szai, everyone poopoos a coarse grind. It's so underrated, but I just love it. Disappointed I missed your stream today.

It was a really fun live stream debut for me! I hope to continue doing them! I I'll make sure to have the bc grinder and use it to grind too during one.

I just ground some Durban Poison coarse and mean was I impressed with the performance just sucking it into my dynavap!

Last edited:

Hogni

Guess they will make colors for everyone's liking - first at least until they know which ones have the greatest demand. There still is room for later 'special editions'.
But a wide range of colors really is an open market niche. Some grinders I didn't buy because of the limited choice of colors I all don't like.
So more the colors the more a special attraction to everyone.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Very well stated @Hogni.
shakehands.gif

MoltenTiger

late to the party but what a treasure trove!!

This is going to be one heck of a grinder!

Green brilliant cut-ness and different coloured grind plates is what I have been super excited about since talking to BCG, this is going to be one sweet product. GUI to Grinder brilliance.

The quality just exudes off this

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@MoltenTiger yeah man I’m not a big grinder dood, never had GrAS and don’t have a big collection. I’ve attributed that to the fact they’re all so alike, and the lack of THE perfect 3-piece for me. So as soon as @lazylathe found this sweet baby and I checked their IG, I’ve been hooked. Then the company asks for help to make sure it is the absolute be(a)st it can be when it’s released, I’m double hooked!

IMO this company seems different from the other grinder manufacturers not only in design and material quality, but in their desire to innovate and collaborate. I’ve never been this excited about a grinder.

Yep, awesome communication and cooperation with BCG!
But IMO it's never smart not to use the great resources of ideas, experience and knowledge of potential customers while constructing a new device despite the psychological aspect for customers of being part of a product's development which increases their loyalty to the product and to the producer and so they are getting a positive mulitpicator of good marketing.
Only if you are an autistic Gyro Gearloose as a developer you probably can't do it in another way....

Why, dear sir, whoever could you be speaking of? :haw: Do NOT answer this my friend! :lol:

:leaf: Hope you all are doing well on this lovely Sunday! :leaf:

MonkeyTime

Ugh, it’s going to be hard to choose which grind plate to get then..

The only hard decision I'll have it with colors and with which are full units. With my GR8TR, I love the fine plate, it's my go to for fine, but I also like the medium, but I hate switching them. While this system may eliminate what bothers me about it, I could see myself appreciating having two full grinders.

I'll probably buy a fine and medium and add a coarse plate section. Now choosing colors will be fun!

**Edit**

I've been thinking about this for a while, I figured I might as well bring it up.

I really hope that their decision to make the grind plates interchangeable didn't/doesn't affect the quality or consistency vs. what it was or could be if they were dedicated. I love the way they're going about this project and it seems like something they wouldn't compromise about, but it's been a tickle of a thought since it was announced.

Definitely a green and gold grinder, with an extra red plate. I can go Green Bay Packers or reggae :spliff:

Last edited:

seriousTone

Eh I’m not into mixing and matching colors and my grinder now is probably already a medium to coarse. I have a magic flight finishing grinder for powder fine so I think I’m my case I’ll probably go with a fine plate at first at least.

EDIT: or could go with a medium and always grind upside down for my fine. But eh who knows. Good thing it’s not on sale yet and I don’t really need it

Grinders for Life

Grinder Manufacturer
I’ve been over the pictures again once or thrice and yeah, the saturation & anodising on these are nice. @Grinders for Life just 2 Qs: When the tweaking of prototypes is done, how many colours do you intend to offer at release? AND Do you have a timeframe in-house for the general release? I’m not asking you to share that date here, just curious if you had picked a goal or if it’s a matter of selecting the finalists.

We'll just have to make small batches of each colour at first to see which ones will sell the best. It should be interesting to see what people choose. We'll adjust accordingly after that.

Right now, we're still optimizing the teeth to improve the speed of flow-through on the fine grind. We've made a bunch of new prototypes and learned more about tooth design. The new teeth are better and the grind is smoother. The new prototype grinds faster and it doesn't leave much material behind while at the same time we're not sacrificing the grind consistency or quality. We'll make an update soon showing them. After we nail this, we'll do another beta round and then start selling.

Agreed about the purple. I think if it were darker it would really pop. It's the grinder ancient royalty would have used! I like the blues, but again think a deeper and darker blue would be even better.

What most people are calling gold, I see more as orange with some definite gold undertones. I wonder what color it's actually supposed to be?

Yeah, the purple came out a little light. We definitely will shoot for a deeper purple next time. We weren't happy with the gold either. It needs to be lighter for sure.

Here are some additional pictures:

34te5xh.jpg

sw8pl1.jpg

rbl9c3.jpg

Top Bottom