Brilliant Cut Grinder

steama

All I know is, I do NOT want a grinder that I have to use upside-down to get the grind I want. In my experience, it always gunks up the grinder quickly.

If I have to upside-down grind with a 3+ piece grinder, then the grinder was not made to produce the grind I want.
I really don't care what I have to do to manipulate a grinder, however, the grind I am seeing is not a fine grind at all. It is a coarse medium grind. For $80 I want fine to be quite fine. If this is the case I I'll stick with my large SCS and my gr8tr v2.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I really don't care what I have to do to manipulate a grinder, however, the grind I am seeing is not a fine grind at all. It is a coarse medium grind. For $80 I want fine to be quite fine. If this is the case I I'll stick with my large SCS and my gr8tr v2.

I hear ya. The fine grinding plates available from @Grinders for Life appear as if they would serve my needs though.

But I have no interest in any of their courser grinds. Of course, I'm just going by the pictures, and may change my mind once I have the grinder. But, going by only what others have posted here...I'd get the grinder with their current fine grind...but I'd probably order an additional finer grind plate as well if one were available.

As said, my mind may change once I receive the grinder with the fine-grind plate, as pictures can be deceiving. I know that I've been surprised at my acceptance of certain grinders that produce a courser grind than I would normally prefer, when the grinder produced a particularly fluffy grind that made up for the coarseness. So again, I'll just be ordering the fine grind, but may be open to a finer grinding plate if they release one.

Doktor Dub

:popcorn:

I hope there will be an easy way to get one to europe and hope they release this thing soon. From the Pictures, i would also prefer even finer grind and i am no friend of using upside down but with such a positive feedback from the picky FC crowd - i will get one anyway.

Keep going and i wish much success to @grindersForLife - such an intensive beta testing and discussion should be rewarded :clap:

Grinders for Life

Grinder Manufacturer

Yeah, it looked coarser than I thought it would. It got me a little worried, but this is what beta testing is for. Let's build a consensus on what each grind is and what it should be.

The feedback is great. Keep it coming.

Here is a link to a video showing the BC grinder vs some rather sticky purple punch using each different plate

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnG1rU_F-Fb/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=to1djfhqbko9

Great video @antispleen! The fine grind looks finer in this video and is close to what we were getting in our tests.

Last edited:

steama

Yeah, it looked coarser than I thought it would. It got me a little worried, but this is what beta testing is for. Let's build a consensus on what each grind is and what it should be.

The feedback is great. Keep it coming.

Great video @antispleen! The fine grind looks finer in this video and is close to what we were getting in our tests.
I think your pretty amazing for addressing things the way you do

:tup:

LabPong

Hogni.....what I meant was that you can grind longer by grinding upsidedown. My comment on the grind results meant .....I was not sure how antispleen grinded for these result he showed.

Now that he responded......I am happy to hear such good results was made with normal right side up grinding. So if you need finer.....totally possible.

But.....what if you have the medium plate and grind upside down? How close to that would it be to fine grind plate grinded upright?

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I think for consistent test quality, no one would be upside down grinding. While everyone knows that tech, the vast majority will use the Brilliant like any other grinder: topside on top. If we know the grind will be more fine grinding upside down, what’s the point? It would only serve to confuse the difference of grind consistency between the three plates. Not trying to be rude, just my thoughts on the testers’ techniques.

I might be able to judge the difference between coarse, medium and fine grinds in pictures on my ipad.

However I’m not sure I could really distinguish between six different grinds from images. I mean, we’d be looking at coarse, course-medium, medium, medium-fine, fine and then finally, mega fine grinds!
Maybe others can?

seriousTone

I think for consistent test quality, no one would be upside down grinding. While everyone knows that tech, the vast majority will use the Brilliant like any other grinder: topside on top. If we know the grind will be more fine grinding upside down, what’s the point? It would only serve to confuse the difference of grind consistency between the three plates. Not trying to be rude, just my thoughts on the testers’ techniques.

I might be able to judge the difference between coarse, medium and fine grinds in pictures on my ipad.

However I’m not sure I could really distinguish between six different grinds from images. I mean, we’d be looking at coarse, course-medium, medium, medium-fine, fine and then finally, mega fine grinds!
Maybe others can?
Foreal

Summer

Long Island, NY
Well, @Ramahs, while it shares many of the same design features, & as @Diggy Smalls said,

Threadless grinders are the wave of the future
the meat of a grinder is the grinding portion, & the teeth & whatever you call the pass-through plate with the holes, on these grinders they are completely different. The other one looks very nice, but for me, without even having one to beta test as yet, I can tell that the grinds are superb & that's what it's soley about -- the grind. So couple this with its other attributes, I think this is gonna be my holy grail, so there won't be any need for me to look any further. At least that's what I'm counting on. :)

Edited to add: I like a coarse grind or at the least a medium coarse so I was originally gonna get The Lift coarse, but some of the reviews cited a little disappointment in the grinding. And, for $125, I want it to be a sure thing & it isn't. It's tough to buy an expensive items sight unseen & then not be happy with it, especially if it's not returnable. This BCG looks like its the real deal.

Last edited:

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
I noticed that @Grinders for Life has competition in another company arguing their product as the world's only fully magnetic grinder.

Well, they won't be able to legally say that for much longer! :rockon::rockon::rockon:
I have a giant size one of those good life grinders. I will post some pics later, but there really is no competition here. The good life grinder is terrible. Impossible to turn when loaded. You got to like start the turn while it's still open and then you kind of close it while turning.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Thanks ma’am @Summer for that link! Yep that’s what I’m seeing: fine and fluffy! :clap: :tup: :nod:

Well done @szai my good man! You just sealed the deal for me. Just lovely.

You know, thread less grinders may be the future but I have to wonder, why it took so long?

It seems like one of the many in-house manufacturers that have been in the game should have been there long before now. Rather than doing the same thing with little variation, thank goodness for the new guys!
I’m loving BC Grinders, at this point mainly because of their attitude!

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
This really isnt even a competition...

(BC grinds circles around the big one. Smoothly at that)
aue7w7.jpg

2mfc19g.jpg

15dawrt.jpg

Last edited:

szai

Thanks ma’am @Summer for that link! Yep that’s what I’m seeing: fine and fluffy! :clap: :tup: :nod:

Well done @szai my good man! You just sealed the deal for me. Just lovely.

You know, thread less grinders may be the future but I have to wonder, why it took so long?

It seems like one of the many in-house manufacturers that have been in the game should have been there long before now. Rather than doing the same thing with little variation, thank goodness for the new guys!
I’m loving BC Grinders, at this point mainly because of their attitude!

I agree it's odd that no one's really done it before. It's surprising how little innovation there really has been in the grinder market. The magnetic design is so quick and agile. You don't have to ever decide if it's worth opening and closing the grinder to check the grind. Changing the plates in the gr8tr takes some time with the bc grinder it's instant and much cleaner.

Top Bottom