Boundless Tera

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
any recommendation on a battery for the Tera?

I am sorry, I owned the Tera I and Tera II and then gave up on Boundless. I do not remember which exact model they use for the device...

Sony Konion US18650VTC5 - 2600mAh, 3,6V - 3,7V Flat Top
Panasonic NCR18650B 3,6V - 3,7V 3400mAh Flat Top
Samsung INR 18650-30Q - 3,6 V - 3,7 V, 3000 mAh Flat Top
LG INR18650HG2 - 3000mAh 3,6V - 3,7V Flat Top
(no special order)

should all do an acceptable job.

Last edited:

Keioz

I am sorry, I owned the Tera I and Tera II and then gave up on Boundless. I do not remember which exact model they use for the device...

Sony Konion US18650VTC5 - 2600mAh, 3,6V - 3,7V Flat Top
Panasonic NCR18650B 3,6V - 3,7V 3400mAh Flat Top
Samsung INR 18650-30Q - 3,6 V - 3,7 V, 3000 mAh Flat Top
LG INR18650HG2 - 3000mAh 3,6V - 3,7V Flat Top
(no special order)

should all do an acceptable job.
thanks!

SpudBob

any recommendation on a battery for the Tera?
Ive heard people like LG HG2's!

On a similar note anybody think that the stock batteries, supposed to be LG's, take longer to charge than similar 18650's? Maybe Im just too stoned but they seem to take about 4hrs + to charge from 3.6ish volts. My other HG2's and 30Q's take only, about 3hrs from 1/4 charge(3.6ish) on an external charger.

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
3.6V is closer to 50% capacity left than 1/4 on the HG2 though. Newer cells can take more charge so it doesn't sound that odd. It's just that the final charging phase can take ages for not much gain. You should be able to remove them before charge is complete and be good to go.

SpudBob

3.6V is closer to 50% capacity left than 1/4 on the HG2 though. Newer cells can take more charge so it doesn't sound that odd. It's just that the final charging phase can take ages for not much gain. You should be able to remove them before charge is complete and be good to go.
All righty then!

Hussan311

Been thinking about picking up the tera v3 or the mighty i am liking that the tera is about 100$ cheaper and has removable batteries. I would mainly be using it through my water pipe, I am looking for a vape that is gonna hit hard and give good vapor production if you guys can give me any recommendations id appreciate it Thanks everyone!

Hussan311,
Reactions: BigJr48

Vernier

Been thinking about picking up the tera v3 or the mighty i am liking that the tera is about 100$ cheaper and has removable batteries. I would mainly be using it through my water pipe, I am looking for a vape that is gonna hit hard and give good vapor production if you guys can give me any recommendations id appreciate it Thanks everyone!

The Tera is a beast, definitely well suited to using with a pipe. It has very open airflow compared to some other vapes and a powerful heating element capable of sustained draws. The included WPA is pretty decent. One tip is to hold on to the WPA as you're pulling it off the pipe. If you pull from the body, the WPA might come out and spill the contents of the bowl. It probably needs two hands to use with a bong because it's rather weighty with the batteries in and the bowl is not centered on the device.

A good bowl configuration seems to be using two of the included large screens in the bowl, one below the material and one above. Once the WPA goes in it pushes slightly on the top screen and levels it. The result seems to be improved airflow and vapor compared to leaving out the top screen.

Some-new-user

@Hussan311 how desperate are you in terms of time with your purchase? I'm a Mighty + volcano daily user. I'm due to receive a tera by the end of the week. I can do some sort of comparison for you if you would like? I have 0 problems with my mighty. Just a bit of VAS and wanting something with replaceable batteries and something that can take capsules- you can use the s&b ones with the tera apparently. Best of luck

Some-new-user,

Hussan311

The TUBO Evic is amazing. Check it out.
Been looking at them just don't really wanna wait 6 weeks and I have a rbt splinter that I like less and less every day haha

Also can I put a .3 in the tera I want a vape I can pack one and feel the effects I have to pack two items with the solo to feel anything

Hussan311,

Keioz

the tera stock batteries are 30A.Do a battery with lower amp will sacrifice performance of the Tera?

Keioz,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I really doubt the Tera batteries really are what they say on the label. 30A pulse? Maybe. 30A continuous? Probably not. The only way it could be true would be if they are 1500mAh only (rewrapped LG HB6 for instance) Even the Sony VTC3 is not a real 30A CDR cell.

There's a relatively new cell on the market that is labeled 38A 2000mAh (VapCell Black) which is slightly better but it's 30A 1800mAh in reality.

So what is the capacity of your stock cells? You can't have high discharge and high capacity at the same time, one of the two numbers is wrong.

Last edited:

SpudBob

I really doubt the Tera batteries really are what they say on the label. 30A pulse? Maybe. 30A continuous? Probably not. The only way it could be true would be if they are 1500mAh only (rewrapped LG LB6 for instance) Even the Sony VTC3 is not a real 30A CDR cell.

There's a relatively new cell on the market that is labeled 38A 2000mAh (VapCell Black) which is slightly better but it's 30A 1800mAh in reality.

So what is the capacity of your stock cells? You can't have high discharge and high capacity at the same time, one of the two numbers is wrong.
They "say" 30A 2500Mah.

SpudBob,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
In the FM5-Nano I received for review, Smiss didn't screw up on the cell rewrap, it says 20A 2500mAh and is most likely a LG HE4 (according to the 4 legged positive terminal, the Samsung 25R only has 3 legs)

I don't know why they screwed up for their Tera rewraps but I think it's the same cell. So go with 25R, HE2, HE4, VTC5 or VTC5A. 18A cells might work too if you want more runtime, HG2, 30A and VTC6.

KeroZen,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
LG HG2 or Sony VTC6 batteries should both work fine(shouldn`t they?), I have both and they both took over 3000mah when recharged on my old Xtar charger.

GreenJeans_55

Any 20 amp or greater flat top 18650 works. The more MAH the more battery life. I have fifty 18650's from my days of vaping and making/selling eliquid. (LG's, Samsung, Sony, Efest, Imren)

Some-new-user

Initial thoughts on the tera is that it takes me a while to get any sort of vapour production from it.

There's a 5 minute timer and I find that im just starting to see anything from exhaling by the first time the timer goes off. Having said that I really like the flavour with the glass mouthpiece. I just received a long black stem but there's a bit of movement so I'm going to have a fiddle.

I am very very pleased with the build quality (exterior). The magnetic parts feel reassuring. Like they attract/pull each other with some force. There's a groove on the battery compartment so you know to go top first when you offer it up. Buttons feel standard quality. Not amazing not cheap. Just buttons. The screen is cool. The vibration is quite strong and lasts a good few seconds so if you're in your own world and forget that you switched it on it should remind you, unless you've left the room.

Im not a big fan of the plastic mouthpiece, it feels rough on the very edge. Could have been more rounded.

Ergonomically it feels a little backwards. I'm left handed. The curve sits nicely in my grip but the up button is on my left hand side. In my head up is right down left so I've flipped the screen (3 clicks of up button - it doesn't say this in the manual had to spend a while on a well known Internet search + this forum to find that)
Even if the screen was the other orientation (curve in fingers) the plastic mouthpiece would be awkward to use.

Overall -

Good once it gets going.
Good build quality - thanks for ironing out the issues. One reason I bought this, boundless will have lost money on this product, every sale will count to them - let's help this industry by sticking by manufacturers and retailers. Especially the ones that listen and react.

A few negatives but I'm overall happy with my purchase. I wanted something that I didn't have to worry about getting messed up, I want to take a vape on walks/camping look inconspicuous and have replaceable batteries. The mighty can stay snuggly at home now - that's my favourite one to use. It's straight up one button on and you're away.

In terms of features though my personal favourite is the tera. I vaped a Keif puck last night on concentrate mode. I've never had shatter, the only hash we used to get was 'soapbar' rumoured to have tires and all sorts mixed in with it. So that Keif puck was an awesome experience.

Accessories - the bundled accessories are awesome. I would have liked a loading funnel/tool and tamper device ala mighty and definitely some pre loading caps. I definitely think these guys should develop a longer glass mouthpiece too, maybe zirconia to replace the plastic one.

Very happy with my purchase. Going to do some more experimenting. Enjoy your vapes guys.

Some-new-user

Thanks guys I use 370 on my mighty I have been going further up with the teraI haven't timed my draws but since starting to vape I try to fill both top and bottom sections of my lungs. With the mighty I might 'sip' on the odd occasion. I've developed a habit of pulling as lightly as I can. I think I got this from the plenty thread so it might not be the right technique. Should I try to pull harder? I'm in the opinion that drawing hard and being able to hear the air whizz through the intake holes a negative thing?

It could also be other things. I haven't spent much time with it. Less than an hour. That Keif puck was tasty and potent but it still took a few draws to get going.

Some-new-user,

Kurtdigglur

Long draws
@Some-new-user You grinding your bud? I noticed if I don’t grind and it’s not packed enough the initial vapor production is no where near the amount I’d get with a grind and a little more in the bowl.

Kurtdigglur,

Some-new-user

Yes @Kurtdigglur I have a generic 4 piece it's nothing special but if I hold it upside down then the bud is quite fine. Almost like dust at times if I shake and move the bud around. I'm going to try the extra screen on top as mentioned in the earlier pages.

Thanks everyone - perhaps I shouldn't have opened up with that statement because it's not a big problem for me. The taste of those draws is lovely with the glass mouthpiece. I think nicer than the IQ. Nicer than most of my experience of vapes. I just wanted to share my thoughts, really thankful for all the help.

The combination of a screen to top the herb and harder draws gave me 3 awesome terpy pulls followed by a whispy vapour then vape city from pull 5. I absolutely love the this. The factory taste has completely gone in 3 sessions for me - one of those was the keif puck

Thanks + goodnight. I'll keep you posted on how I get on.

Last edited:

SpudBob

Yes @Kurtdigglur I have a generic 4 piece it's nothing special but if I hold it upside down then the bud is quite fine. Almost like dust at times if I shake and move the bud around. I'm going to try the extra screen on top as mentioned in the earlier pages.

Thanks everyone - perhaps I shouldn't have opened up with that statement because it's not a big problem for me. The taste of those draws is lovely with the glass mouthpiece. I think nicer than the IQ. Nicer than most of my experience of vapes. I just wanted to share my thoughts, really thankful for all the help.

The combination of a screen to top the herb and harder draws gave me 3 awesome terpy pulls followed by a whispy vapour then vape city from pull 5. I absolutely love the this. The factory taste has completely gone in 3 sessions for me - one of those was the keif puck

Thanks + goodnight. I'll keep you posted on how I get on.
Just a thought. I don't grind much maybe medium and I use the screen on top/bottom method. Ive put straight buds in there and had good results too. Like most vapes drier bud works best.

Greenleaf88

Hi guys been looking for a pure convection vape and is the Tera pure convection ? If it is how much herb can the bow
Handle? Thank you guys for any info appreciate it.

Greenleaf88,

nevermore

Hi guys been looking for a pure convection vape and is the Tera pure convection ? If it is how much herb can the bow
Handle? Thank you guys for any info appreciate it.
I think it can carry 0.2g in a bow.

Btw, Anyone here using weed mixed with vape oil? Is it possible and safe to use both with tera?

nevermore,
Top Bottom