elykpeace

exVASted
:\

Just tried this... it goes from the feeling/ air flowing with it uncovered

With the intake fully covered by my finger if I inhale normal like above to severely if not completely restricted. If I try and suck I'm REALLY hard, then I think there may be air but I don't know if I'm just imagining it.

You can definitely hear a difference from unrestricted to restricted.

Any other potential tests ? Because now I'm paranoid it is older because of the perceived air while inhaling hard
I would try long slow rips. At 377 I'm getting nice clouds and I'm not hitting it until I'm red in the face. The old mp seemed to leak air but now it doesnt. I shred it up take about 1/8 tsp and drop it in ...some people tamp but I just twist the mp into position and take my first draw. Long and slow and on the first draw I blow out the lightest cloud of the session. After 4 hits I bump to 393. Vapor production is increasing with every pull.. after about 6 more pulls I take off the mp. Give it a quick stir and asses the situation. Bump it up to 420 and still get about 4-6 solid clouds. Try a different strain maybe. I went from a mflb to the cfx and then got the cfv. Cfv is my favorite so far. Battery life..meh. but I have my extern battery pack for charging when I'm not at home. Usually get 4 full charges with the Anker power bank and then if Im home I plug it in when it's at 2 bars.

I'll edit this later for spelling errors and what not.

elykpeace,
Reactions: ice005

sickmanfraud

:\

Just tried this... it goes from the feeling/ air flowing with it uncovered

With the intake fully covered by my finger if I inhale normal like above to severely if not completely restricted. If I try and suck I'm REALLY hard, then I think there may be air but I don't know if I'm just imagining it.

You can definitely hear a difference from unrestricted to restricted.

Any other potential tests ? Because now I'm paranoid it is older because of the perceived air while inhaling hard

One more "test" I have both mouthpieces. The newer one has a black, rounded O ring. The leaky one had a white O ring.

This is what was on my CFV, other people may have gotten a white O ring entirely.

If closing the hole stops airflow then you have the NEW mouthpiece.

I have another idea that I posted previously. Before tightening the retaining, threaded O ring put a screen over the inside ring (wood, or quarts) and tighten. This will keep herbs off the mouthpiece screen and helped me use my CFV more comfortably.

sickmanfraud,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
.something I was hoping to avoid so I chose not to go FF and went CFV.

I'm finding most convection portables, not that there are many out there yet, to have some sort of tech required to get the most out of them. They just aren't as brainless as conduction vapes. I think this one requires less technique than the FF2 might, but it is common to the heating style.

Another thing to consider is heat up time for the bowl between hits. I did a temp test a few days ago by placing a sensor in the middle of some degummed hemp fiber and putting that in the bowl through the wpa. The unit did a good job of not getting any hotter than the displayed temp. Turns out the bowl cools fairly quickly between hits, and sometimes I found it took my entire draw to get the bowl back up to max temp. So keep this in mind if you aren't getting the results you are after. This is fantastic for herb efficiency, btw.

To truly test the mouthpiece, take it off the unit and draw on it while covering up the bottom screen. If the o-ring is good you will get zero air flow. If you do it while it is on the unit you might not be able to distinguish between air leaks in the mouthpiece versus leaks internally on the unit. At this point it looks like most units are completely sealed up in both places, but sometimes there is a little flow in the unit that doesn't hurt anything. A leaky mouthpiece will kill it, though.

ice005

One more "test" I have both mouthpieces. The newer one has a black, rounded O ring. The leaky one had a white O ring.

Here's a pic of what the O ring on the mouthpiece looks like... looks like it white / clear so does that mean I have one of the older models?

z7Jc9ZY.jpg

To truly test the mouthpiece, take it off the unit and draw on it while covering up the bottom screen. If the o-ring is good you will get zero air flow. If you do it while it is on the unit you might not be able to distinguish between air leaks in the mouthpiece versus leaks internally on the unit. At this point it looks like most units are completely sealed up in both places, but sometimes there is a little flow in the unit that doesn't hurt anything. A leaky mouthpiece will kill it, though.

Tried this.... outside of the burned taste and maybe the air thats in the mouthpiece (or maybe I'm just dense lol) there doesn't seem to be any air through ?

ice005,

elykpeace

exVASted
Here's a pic of what the O ring on the mouthpiece looks like... looks like it white / clear so does that mean I have one of the older models?

z7Jc9ZY.jpg

Tried this.... outside of the burned taste and maybe the air thats in the mouthpiece (or maybe I'm just dense lol) there doesn't seem to be any air through ?
Ur mp is fine. Like I said try a slow longggg rip. Don't tamp it down much and start off around 380 ... Is ur material of fine quality or schwag. My dad had some dirt and barely saw any clouds.. it improved the last tho? Middy so shitty haha

Edit.. mp o ring is clear. Older mp o rings were same silicone just a smaller thickness that would allow air to leak. If u didn't pre order or win a cfv on the live stream ur good.

ice005

Ur mp is fine. Like I said try a slow longggg rip. Don't tamp it down much and start off around 380 ... Is ur material of fine quality or schwag

Ill try to start at the lower temp (been starting it at 400-420)...as for quality, its medical grade/ LP strain (Im from Canada) so pretty reputable (I think) though I've never actually had schwag so I may be wrong?

ice005,

elykpeace

exVASted
Ill try to start at the lower temp (been starting it at 400-420)...as for quality, its medical grade/ LP strain (Im from Canada) so pretty reputable (I think) though I've never actually had schwag so I may be wrong?
Yeah try it out I mean u should be seeing something if it's nice goods. Maybe try another strain. Last thing I can mention is hit up boundless and talk to them. If ur unit is defective (which is possible) they will replace it and get you going. They love their customers so don't hesitate to voice your concerns to them.

elykpeace,

ice005

Last thing I can mention is hit up boundless and talk to them. If ur unit is defective (which is possible) they will replace it and get you going. They love their customers so don't hesitate to voice your concerns to them.

I figure that I give it a week to sort out before I bother to good folks at Boundless lol. The vendor I went through was super nice too so hopefully Ill find a happy result with this as I was in need of a more portable (herb) device

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
My pull, for something that the professional reviewers seem to say is a super easy draw seems super forced for me? I try and do 10 second inhales though sometimes I will tap out earlier but maybe because my cheeks are tired sucking (the amount of puns I can come up with with that statement is sad lol)

I don't know but I may be packing the bowl too hard because I definitely have to pull hard to get some cloud.
It sounds to me that it could be a simple issue of overpacking. If you have to draw so hard your cheeks get tired I doubt you have a leaky mouthpiece.

I find convection vaporizers work best with no packing at all. Just lightly drop a small amount of material in there. You need room for the hot air to travel through the chamber and extract all of the goodies. Try a 3/4 full chamber with no pack and see how that works out.

Conduction vapes are the opposite and need a tight pack to ensure the material is pressed up against the oven walls and receiving heat.

I don't have a CFV, just a CFX but I do have many other convection vaporizers and they all prefer a loose pack. Even the CFX with its hybrid convection/conduction mix works great with no packing or tamping.

ice005

If you have to draw so hard your cheeks get tired I doubt you have a leaky mouthpiece.

I think you might be right with overpacking. I was trying to fit .2 to .26 into it and was having to suck really hard...

I just tried there with .1 and the draw was easier... guess I'm used to conduction or the hybrids lol. Thanks for that advice.

Still not getting me lit but at least now I don't look like a duck sucking a lemon. :lol:

Here's the session where I did the bowl at lower temperature (200- tried 180 celsius and it was still wispy so I uped it to 200 C or 400 F to my American friends)- visible smoke, still pretty good flavour, not sucking as hard. got about 10-11 pulls, 8-10 seconds each- 9 1/2 minute session.

http://imgur.com/2AeYn7p.jpg

here's my current images of the Boundless CFV: http://imgur.com/a/k6bxc

I am a visual person so sometimes seeing someone just holding it still makes me question if it will fit in my small/ medium hands so I put up the device and me holding it against a ruler.

Cl4ud3

I think you might be right with overpacking. I was trying to fit .2 to .26 into it and was having to suck really hard...

I just tried there with .1 and the draw was easier... guess I'm used to conduction or the hybrids lol. Thanks for that advice.

Still not getting me lit but at least now I don't look like a duck sucking a lemon. :lol:

Here's the session where I did the bowl at lower temperature (200- tried 180 celsius and it was still wispy so I uped it to 200 C or 400 F to my American friends)- visible smoke, still pretty good flavour, not sucking as hard. got about 10-11 pulls, 8-10 seconds each- 9 1/2 minute session.

http://imgur.com/2AeYn7p.jpg

here's my current images of the Boundless CFV: http://imgur.com/a/k6bxc

I am a visual person so sometimes seeing someone just holding it still makes me question if it will fit in my small/ medium hands so I put up the device and me holding it against a ruler.
Glad you managed to get some joy from it, Eric was saying it works well with a faster draw than normal, or rather faster than the CF/X draw speed.

Cl4ud3,

beefsupreme

@ice005 the only CFVs available at retail had the updated mouthpiece, it was just the pre-order folk who got the wonky ones, with new ones on the way (I haven't gotten mine yet). I've definitely found that you should pack the bowl loosely, not firmly. You dont need a fine grind either, a nice fluffy grind is perfect. I fill the bowl up to about 4/5th's of the way to the top of the wooden/glass ring. Where did you get yours btw? I'm in Toronto as well (I got mine directly from Boundless)

Also I've noticed that the CFV's battery indicator seems to be a bit overly sensitive, it drops and moves quickly. Other devices seem to even things out so you dont see two-bar drops when you're heating up the device. I've had the display show there is just one bar of power left, but when I go to plug it in a few minutes later, it starts charging from 3 bars left. Unfortunately this plays into the idea the vape has less than ideal battery life, when it actually has the same mAh capacity as the CF (although of course it has a different type of heater).

beefsupreme,
Reactions: elykpeace

ice005

Glad you managed to get some joy from it, Eric was saying it works well with a faster draw than normal, or rather faster than the CF/X draw speed.

Funny I think someone above mentioned a slow draw. tried the slow draw and not optimal (at least for me)...I tried the faster draw but not duck face hard and that seems to be better.

The light pack it seems is the definite way to go... when I was filling it before, It was pretty tightly packed that when I stirred it or was throwing the bowl, it was packed down at the bottom and I had to use a toothpick to loosen it.

I fill the bowl up to about 4/5th's of the way to the top of the wooden/glass ring. Where did you get yours btw? I'm in Toronto as well (I got mine directly from Boundless)

I considered getting it from Boundless but it was sold out and PIU's shipping was a bit too rich for my taste.

Oddly enough while debating between the haze and CFV, I contacted a retailer based in toronto as to when he was getting it in stock. WWW.TheHerbCafe.CA was where I got my CFV and my water attachment from. Super cool dude, answers inquiries fairly quickly. He said he's planning on ordering more attachments/ accessories but he orders from Boundless directly.

I've noticed that the CFV's battery indicator seems to be a bit overly sensitive... I've had the display show there is just one bar of power left, but when I go to plug it in a few minutes later, it starts charging from 3 bars left.

Ive also found that and was a bit freaked out that after my first 5 minute session that wasn't optimal. Contacted Sachin from TheHerbCafe.ca and mentioned to him that after the first session of less than 5 minutes, less than 7-10 draws, the battery drop down.

Like you, I think that it would be beneficial to have a battery indicator that wouldn't go from full charge to mid way after one brief session. I think you are correct as to why people think the CFV has poor battery. It upset me too seeing it "drain" in the display when it probably still had juice. I think that a removal battery would've also been better but I think thats been mentioned ad nauseum

elykpeace

exVASted
I know the custom 22mm dank gals comes out soon ish but if you have the wpa in glass what's the best fit? What you guys using? I only have owned a UFO from magic flight so 0 experience with glass

elykpeace,

ice005

I know the custom 22mm dank gals comes out soon ish but if you have the wpa in glass what's the best fit? What you guys using? I only have owned a UFO from magic flight so 0 experience with glass

With the metal adapter it fits into any water piece I have that's a 14mm....

The little bubbler I had for the air works with it fit-wise... https://i.imgur.com/KIZ1ce9.jpg still need to do testing before referring it together though ...

I was testing the dry experience before trying to enhance it :lol:

elykpeace

exVASted
With the metal adapter it fits into any water piece I have that's a 14mm....

The little bubbler I had for the air works with it fit-wise... https://i.imgur.com/KIZ1ce9.jpg still need to do testing before referring it together though ...

I was testing the dry experience before trying to enhance it :lol:

Tubes nice. But it would have to balance on top... I sense a broken tube in my future what about an 18.8mm?

elykpeace,

ice005

Cl4ud3

Hmmm I think it might fit an 18 but my D2090 from DHGate still hasn't arrived for me to test out. It looks basically like a multi tiered cone.... just checked PIU Here and it says fits 10,14, and 18
http://www.puffitup.com/Boundless-Universal-Adapter-p/bound.106-wpa.htm

I'd just be super careful when fitting the metal with glass
Not sure if that's correct. Should it not be 14/18/22 ? as the new custom glass Boundless used in the last stream had a 22 fitting. I've also got a similar glass to the air one you posted for use on my CFX, its great and you get a good solid stable fit.

Cl4ud3,

Milkytime

Use a reducer that's what I do that way it's a glass on glass joint most of the time and if you break the reducer no big deal they cheep. I use this method instead of the stock mouthpiece I like it much better for dry too.

ice005

You dont need a fine grind either, a nice fluffy grind is perfect.
is fluffy the same as medium? I use a space case... its supposed to be good for the volcano which I normally do medium grind on? is this too coarse?
HikjLnQ.jpg

Not sure if that's correct. Should it not be 14/18/22 ? as the new custom glass Boundless used in the last stream had a 22 fitting. I've also got a similar glass to the air one you posted for use on my CFX, its great and you get a good solid stable fit.

I have a feeling that they may be talking about a different atty than the 22 fitting... the water adapter I have looks like the one at PIU which fits the CF and CFX.

I think the 22 on the is different since someone in one of the earlier pages said the reason its not out is they may modify it so it does fit on the CF/X.

Use a reducer that's what I do that way it's a glass on glass joint most of the time and if you break the reducer no big deal they cheep. I use this method instead of the stock mouthpiece I like it much better for dry too.

is a reducer the same as an adapter? sorry still new to the game...any links / sites for reducers you've used/ can recommend?

TY

Last edited:

Cl4ud3

I have a feeling that they may be talking about a different atty than the 22 fitting... the water adapter I have looks like the one at PIU which fits the CF and CFX.

I think the 22 on the is different since someone in one of the earlier pages said the reason its not out is they may modify it so it does fit on the CF/X.

is a reducer the same as an adapter? sorry still new to the game...any links / sites for reducers you've used/ can recommend?

TY
It's the inner screen that's the problem with the bubbler not fitting the CF/X as the mouthpiece screen is wider on the CFV. The WPA bottom ring is 22, and the custom glass they showed last week is large like a bong and not the small bubbler. It's designed to fit the last 22 size ring so it rests on the top of the unit.

Cl4ud3,
First impressions of the CFV while it charges - yes, it is lightweight and plasticky compared to a friend's Mighty, but I can't see myself banging it around or anything. If I planned to carry it a lot, maybe a concern.

The metal waterpipe adapter is well-made and a smart idea to just have it rotate into the mouthpiece slot.

jirodreamsofbooty,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

ice005

The metal waterpipe adapter is well-made and a smart idea to just have it rotate into the mouthpiece slot.

I agree with you, the metal piece seems very well made.. more solid than the CFV housing...at least it feels that way. been looking around for something that would protect it but I may just sew one myself with a little bit of padding that will still still make it easy to slip it in and out of lol.

The only concern I have is me being too careless and breaking class when I'm clumsy with the metal adapter.

Someone mentioned using a reducer...not sure if thats the same as an adapter...

Also i thought standard size for most bongs were 10, 14, 18...maybe thats why they made the older adapter to fit that size.

EDIT: posted a picture above...not sure if its too coarse a grind?

Last edited:
ice005,

elykpeace

exVASted
Funny I think someone above mentioned a slow draw. tried the slow draw and not optimal (at least for me)...I tried the faster draw but not duck face hard and that seems to be better.

Maybe I should mention I have the quartz ring in the chamber

Top Bottom