elykpeace

exVASted
Just ordered a black one from @PuffItUp.

My very first vape

We're u on the live stream yesterday? Micro bub and ss replacement chamber. Awesome accessories, You picked a pretty sweet vape as ur first. Congrats! PUFFITUP!! Way to do it

Edit: auto correct!!!

elykpeace,

bryn987

Probably a bad time to ask but is the CFV not on demand? My smoking style i want is to pick it up, press a button and hit it. Then set it down and come back to it later

bryn987,

Cl4ud3

Probably a bad time to ask but is the CFV not on demand? My smoking style i want is to pick it up, press a button and hit it. Then set it down and come back to it later
It's a session vape where the heater gets to temp and stays on for 4 minutes. That doesn't stop you taking a hit and putting it down but you have to remember it has a timer and heat up sequence.

Cl4ud3,

bryn987

It's a session vape where the heater gets to temp and stays on for 4 minutes. That doesn't stop you taking a hit and putting it down but you have to remember it has a timer and heat up sequence.

Would it be possible to quickly turn it off in-between draws to simulate on demand?

bryn987,

Cl4ud3

Would it be possible to quickly turn it off in-between draws to simulate on demand?
well you have 30 secs maybe heat up time then you could technically draw once and turn off with no ill effects - not sure how many sessions you could take like that as the battery life is normally measured in full cycles.

Cl4ud3,
Reactions: KeroZen

Milkytime

Again y'all are comparing a conduction unit to a convection unit. You don't waste any herb while the CFV is on not drawing so yes you could use it somewhat on demand, the heat up is pretty fast and you could certainly turn it off mid session pull once or twice to use residual heat and come back later. a conduction unit continually cooks the herb even if it has something that drops the temp in between hits it's still cooking it. As stated before it's not going to battery efficient as you use most power during heat up rather than heat maintaining. But the unit charges fully in 45 min so you can be back up and going pretty quick. I wouldn't turn off the unit between draws as it doesn't produce any vapor unless you are drawing I would just let it get to temp take your few draws then turn it off take a draw to grab residual heat, this is what I do if I want a short sesh.

stickstones

Vapor concierge

I ran a test twice where I heated it up to 390, took a good long hit and turned it off. I then let it cool down to room temp and did it again and repeated until the battery died. I got 11 hits each time before the battery died. First test was on a bubbler, second with the mouthpiece. So as a true one-hitter you should get at least 11 hits on a full charge, and maybe more if you don't let it cool all the way down between hits.

elykpeace

exVASted
Not seeing much cfv love so I thought id drop by and say it's been pulling some nice clouds and enjoying it very much. Great vape! Looking forward to the updated mp (coming this week) and hopefully soon a micro bub

ohmygodimsohigh

Not seeing much cfv love so I thought id drop by and say it's been pulling some nice clouds and enjoying it very much. Great vape! Looking forward to the updated mp (coming this week) and hopefully soon a micro bub

Crap, I forgot to update you guys. It's been a crappy week.

I got the replacement a couple of days ago.
The issues are fixed.
The intake on the mouthpiece stem is slightly bigger and better now too (same flow as SWIFT Pro now)

I got the full replacement unit, and the airpath is completely isolated. No more air leaks around usb, buttons, or even in the mouthpiece. It's airtight.

sickmanfraud

Has boundless discussed having haptic feedback when the session times out?

The way the CFV is designed, the screen is always facing away from the user. Haptic feedback would signal when the 4 minute session times out.

Having haptic feedback would signal the CFV is going into standby, the user would then have the option to take it out of standby if not done with the bowl.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: Alegre

elykpeace

exVASted
Has boundless discussed having haptic feedback when the session times out?

The way the CFV is designed, the screen is always facing away from the user. Haptic feedback would signal when the 4 minute session times out.

Having haptic feedback would signal the CFV is going into standby, the user would then have the option to take it out of standby if not done with the bowl.

I wouldn't want to decrease battery life even more. Wouldn't haptic feedback drain the battery faster??

elykpeace,
Reactions: KeroZen

beefsupreme

I know some CF/X users complained about the haptic feedback (one was waking up the poster's partner) but now that the CFV doesn't have it, I quite miss it. I've found myself puffing away and then realizing the vapor is disappearing, because it turned off 30 seconds ago and you didn't know..

For a CFV version-2, one where you could have a stronger 18650 replaceable battery, I'd like to see haptic back, maybe with a method to turn it off, and a screen brightness adjustment option.

Looking forward to getting the updated mouthpiece in the mail. I switched to my CFX for now and it seemed like it had a less restricted airlfow. Maybe because of the ELB mod.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I don't think the next version will have a 18650, this is a 2S vape and they need it to get the kind of power they require. But two replaceable 18350's would be great yes.

elykpeace

exVASted
Crap, I forgot to update you guys. It's been a crappy week.

I got the replacement a couple of days ago.
The issues are fixed.
The intake on the mouthpiece stem is slightly bigger and better now too (same flow as SWIFT Pro now)

I got the full replacement unit, and the airpath is completely isolated. No more air leaks around usb, buttons, or even in the mouthpiece. It's airtight.
So you you got a whole new unit? Or just the top section? Should be getting a new mp I think soon. Unless they are sending a whole new unit. Did you try out the aluminum chamber replacement and micro/standard bubbs ?

elykpeace,

ohmygodimsohigh

So you you got a whole new unit? Or just the top section? Should be getting a new mp I think soon. Unless they are sending a whole new unit. Did you try out the aluminum chamber replacement and micro/standard bubbs ?

I got the whole unit. However the unit I originally had was the pre-prod unit and the isolated airpath was leaky. I assume the pre-order people are only getting a whole new mouthpiece.

sickmanfraud

I have a bit of a mod to mention. If someone mentioned this before, sorry.

After I load the wooden ring with my medicine (BTW Boundless If making a funnel for the CFV why is the center of the funnel not directly over the center of the ring??) I put a screen over the ring and tighten it with retaining screw.

This has stopped the cannabis flakes from fouling the screen on the mouthpiece. I find this to greatly improve draw resistance.

elykpeace

exVASted
I have a bit of a mod to mention. If someone mentioned this before, sorry.

After I load the wooden ring with my medicine (BTW Boundless If making a funnel for the CFV why is the center of the funnel not directly over the center of the ring??) I put a screen over the ring and tighten it with retaining screw.

This has stopped the cannabis flakes from fouling the screen on the mouthpiece. I find this to greatly improve draw resistance.

I've always thrown the arizer eq bowl/hat over the goods. Took the metal outta my mp as well. Lots of honey accumulated inside the mp but u can scoop it out with the dab tool and load it on the underside of the eq hat for free dabs.

My CFV is kicking ass. Huge hits and seems to do fine with a few people too.I just stuck to having the original screen MP setup and added and collecting screen on the inside. Seems to work pretty pretty good so far. I would like to see a picture of any other mods if anyone has come up more.
Also any word of the Delta 3d ????

grantdaman,

elykpeace

exVASted
My CFV is kicking ass. Huge hits and seems to do fine with a few people too.I just stuck to having the original screen MP setup and added and collecting screen on the inside. Seems to work pretty pretty good so far. I would like to see a picture of any other mods if anyone has come up more.
Also any word of the Delta 3d ????

I second that this. Received mp for both units and both are hitting like champs. I run at 377_393_420 ..

Also for those not on boundlessvapes Reddit I spoke with Eric and he said the micro bub will be available around $25
And no price yet on the custom 22 dank gals .. hopefully within the next couple weeks they will be available

Top Bottom