Chandler

@ice005 what was the final price of your cfv including taxes? has the cfv grown on you?

Where I see the difference is that the Boundless guys are committed to their vapes. If there are "upgrades" or mods I think the Boundless crew will be more innovative and more committed to the success of their vapes.
nice response. thanks. definitely something to consider. i think i'm leaning towards the cfv at the moment

Chandler,

Chandler

I went with the CFV. For all the Canadians, came to $180 USD = $251 CAD.

Thats a savings for sure. Only Canadian retailers selling cfv are selling for $300 + tax, so I'm content. Can't wait till it arrives... Plus my crafty been sent away for RMA. Cant wait till both are in my clutches!

Jerel56

My CFV arrived yesterday and so far so good...very simple to use, tastes great, heats up fast and seems to be very economical with herb as one would expect from convection. The only thing I'd say to prospective buyers is that the battery seemed to drain relatively quickly but haven't had time to do a true test and not sure how long this unit will hold up as it just seems a bit plastic but can't complain due to the price so I'm happy.

Healthierlifestyle

@Chandler how much is the upgrade?! And hope they pull man!

In regards to the cfv how many sessions are you guys getting from each battery? Gotten 3 (4 min) sessions so far. Gonna hit it some more today and see how it goes. Loving the fast heat up time compared to the crafty

Healthierlifestyle,

beefsupreme

Any Canadian CFV owners who pre-ordered get their new mouth piece yet?

Yes - It came last Thursday in a USPS envelope, with a description about it being a mouthpiece for the CFV aroma therapy device. Would have preferred something a bit less descriptive. New mouthpiece works perfectly though.

beefsupreme,

Chandler

It came last Thursday in a USPS envelope, with a description about it being a mouthpiece for the CFV aroma therapy device. Would have preferred something a bit less descriptive.
:lol:

...I'm getting anxious. Can't wait till my cfv arrives!

Last edited:
Chandler,

sickmanfraud

the cfx has about double the battery life of the cfv. cfx can do 8 to 10 bowls easily and the cfv can do 4 to 6.

I am not sure that is a fair assessment. The CFX (from what I've read) holds over twice what the CFV holds.

So, twice the battery strength AND twice as much medicine comes out to the CFX being able to vaporize 4 times the amount on one charge?

Am I correct?

sickmanfraud,

ohmygodimsohigh

I am not sure that is a fair assessment. The CFX (from what I've read) holds over twice what the CFV holds.

So, twice the battery strength AND twice as much medicine comes out to the CFX being able to vaporize 4 times the amount on one charge?

Am I correct?

Yes. The CFX has conduction on top of its convection. Conduction is significantly more efficient at heat transfer.

stickstones

Vapor concierge

Am I correct?

That's certainly one way to think about it. The person asking wasn't specific enough in his question to know which way to go with it. When I do battery life tests, I try to keep them at a standard temp and use so the user can easily compare and contrast, as well as identify how their usage might make it different. So...I tend to do all my battery tests at 390 and report how many full cycles it does before dying, and how much run time before dying. Beyond that it is up to the user to tweak it accordingly. If you want to do 8 bowls in the CFX at 1/4 full at 350F, go for it. If you want to do them packed to the rim at 430F, go for it. At the end of the day it will do 8 to 10 loads at 390F no matter how you pack it, so you can adjust your expectations from there based on how you use it.

david8613

So those who have the the cfx and brought the cfv which do you prefer and why? I'm having such a hard time deciding, I love the features of the cfx, but I'm curious of all the talk of flavor from the cfv.

david8613,

YungLeaner

So those who have the the cfx and brought the cfv which do you prefer and why? I'm having such a hard time deciding, I love the features of the cfx, but I'm curious of all the talk of flavor from the cfv.
I'd say think about what you value about the Cfx and what bothers you. then compare to the Cfv. Wish the Cfx was more efficient and tastier? Grab the CFV. Do you like large bowls, are you Annoyed by the CFX battery life? then I wouldn't go for the CFV.

Etc :2c:

stickstones

Vapor concierge

are you new to vaping?

stickstones,

david8613

Yes very new...im reading and learning as much as possible. I love the the features more of the cfx, but im wondering how much will i be missing flavor wise. Cfv is supposed to expose more flavor. Can someone give me a break down of how many, and how long a session with fully charged battery, on 385 temp.

Last edited:
david8613,

Telotee

I have the CF, and need some clarification on the wax pod. You put the wax in the cap of the pod and place the pod "cap down" in the CF. My question is do you leave the cotton in the pod when using wax? I'm assuming the cotton is used for the oils mostly. Since the pod is placed upside down, the wax is below the cotton, so I don't see a reason to keep the cotton there, unless to filter the smoke through the cotton.

Telotee,

YungLeaner

I have the CF, and need some clarification on the wax pod. You put the wax in the cap of the pod and place the pod "cap down" in the CF. My question is do you leave the cotton in the pod when using wax? I'm assuming the cotton is used for the oils mostly. Since the pod is placed upside down, the wax is below the cotton, so I don't see a reason to keep the cotton there, unless to filter the smoke through the cotton.
That's upside down. The wax is supposed to melt into the cotton, lid facing up

Top Bottom