Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

sickmanfraud

Hey everyone. New to the forum and vaping. I bought my very first vape, the cfx and it works good so far.
I read a few pages back to modify the mouthpiece using a regular screen to catch "honey". Does that mod work with the ELB basket/cap, or do you only do one mod? Also would the cap not capture the honey or does it only collect in the mouthpiece screen?

Sorry if I don't know the answer. Someone who does will be along shortly.

I would just like to welcome you to FC. Lots and lots of vape questions answered here.

You could probably search for "honey" or screen mod.

Try the search function. You have nothing to lose.

sickmanfraud,

Dynalowrider

I removed the stock screen from the mouthpiece. I opened the mp and placed a screen on the inside of the mp. I use the WPA, and I remove the stock screen and place a screen in the cone. As I vape, the screens collect "vape honey". When they get coated, I ether soak the screen in "Everclear" and use as a tincture, or I fold up the screen and vape it with herb. 420 Vape has a video how to. Doc
Vaping the screen is really nice. The frosting on the cake.

Dynalowrider,

Canda_Guy

I removed the stock screen from the mouthpiece. I opened the mp and placed a screen on the inside of the mp. I use the WPA, and I remove the stock screen and place a screen in the cone. As I vape, the screens collect "vape honey". When they get coated, I ether soak the screen in "Everclear" and use as a tincture, or I fold up the screen and vape it with herb. 420 Vape has a video how to. Doc
Vaping the screen is really nice. The frosting on the cake.
I understand replacing the screen in the mouthpiece, my question was would it work together with an ELB basket/cap? Would the cap part of the ELB collect the honey, or would it exclusively collect in the mouthpiece screen?

Canda_Guy,

ohmygodimsohigh

I understand replacing the screen in the mouthpiece, my question was would it work together with an ELB basket/cap? Would the cap part of the ELB collect the honey, or would it exclusively collect in the mouthpiece screen?

the screen mesh of the ELB and its cap is too fine to collect the honey. Honey collects on the inside screen, and yes they're totally compatible.

Dynalowrider

I have a CFX and use the WPA almost exclusively. I use ELBs and the top basket gets a little goo on it, but I love how a screen in the cone collects honey after a few baskets. Doc

waxdab23

Just read this old post in the Micro-dosing thread:

@Amargi with the OG davinci you can heat it up to vaping temps and Then add your pinch of herb to start with a fresh green hit and it works great, instead of loading it before you turn it on and baking your herb while you wait for it to reach temp. I only used the Ascent for a week when it first came out but don't believe it'll work as well as the first Davinci vape when used this way due to the big wide bowl on the Ascent.

:peace:

Anyone using this method in the CFX? I know it doesn't take long for the CFX to heat up to temp, but I wonder if this loading technique preserves more terps or actives.

waxdab23,

beefsupreme

sickmanfraud

Just read this old post in the Micro-dosing thread:

Anyone using this method in the CFX? I know it doesn't take long for the CFX to heat up to temp, but I wonder if this loading technique preserves more terps or actives.

This is actually where the CFV fits in nicely. As long as you don't get too high of a temp, you can turn the CFV on, 45 sec heat up) 2-3 quick hits, turn off. This method stretches your medicine, but the battery would not last too long with the repeatedly getting to temp.

I read this recently :https://www.learngreenflower.com/articles/146/the-art-and-science-of-cannabis-microdosing

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: waxdab23

Dynalowrider

I've had Mike's loading funnel for ELBs for a while. He said he had an eight basket loader in the works. He said that Boundless was sending him a CFX to build accessories for.. Mike is a "Santa Claus" and I'm making a list.
sickmanfraud, I like to pull my ELBs in between rips. If using the mp the ELBs stay on the mp. Thanks for the link about microdosing. Doc

guyonthecouch

Does anybody else feel extremely let down by the CFX/CF/Hybrid models? I'd would highly recommend and Air or even Pax over these vapes. Taste is a personal thing but in my opinion these are the worst tasting vapes I own. Haven't tried the CFV yet but why not just get the fenix(?) off of alibaba.com? For the price, there's way better options out there. Meh, I'm just cheesed.. these are overpriced rebrands and I should've known better.:bang:

guyonthecouch,

SuperLuigi

Does anybody else feel extremely let down by the CFX/CF/Hybrid models? I'd would highly recommend and Air or even Pax over these vapes. Taste is a personal thing but in my opinion these are the worst tasting vapes I own. Haven't tried the CFV yet but why not just get the fenix(?) off of alibaba.com? For the price, there's way better options out there. Meh, I'm just cheesed.. these are overpriced rebrands and I should've known better.:bang:

To each their own but I don't think these are rebrands.

guyonthecouch

To each their own but I don't think these are rebrands.
Here you want a CFX? get a newest "X1" straight from shenzhen, only 40$!
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Newest-X1-dry-herb-vaporizer-2016_60484892941.html

I'm not coming down on boundless or anything but I wish I had received better advice from here and elsewhere in regards to this vape. It's a huge let down in my opinion. I guess I had tricked myself into thinking it would be comparable to a crafty/mighty. When in reality the two are day and night ..not even a challenge. Fooled me with the look.

Last edited:
guyonthecouch,

chronicjk2

Granted I have never used a Crafty of Mighty and dont have alot of experience with portables, but I am actually very impressed with my CF. I like it much more than other portables I have tried (Arizer Solo, DaVinci Accent) With the WPA It has been my go to vape all week

Cl4ud3

Here you want a CFX? get a newest "X1" straight from shenzhen, only 40$!
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Newest-X1-dry-herb-vaporizer-2016_60484892941.html

I'm not coming down on boundless or anything but I wish I had received better advice from here and elsewhere in regards to this vape. It's a huge let down in my opinion. I guess I had tricked myself into thinking it would be comparable to a crafty/mighty. When in reality the two are day and night ..not even a challenge. Fooled me with the look.
You can buy Pax's and Air's from china too, as well as loads of other products, doesn't mean they are genuine. You do understand how it works in china where companies just copy others work ?

Sucks you didn't like your CFX but you seem to be in a minority for hating the product after trying it. Did you have any issues with it or just not happy with it in general ?

guyonthecouch

You can buy Pax's and Air's from china too, as well as loads of other products, doesn't mean they are genuine. You do understand how it works in china where companies just copy others work ?

Sucks you didn't like your CFX but you seem to be in a minority for hating the product after trying it. Did you have any issues with it or just not happy with it in general ?
Like I said, not hating on boundless(can't knock the hustle) and no I haven't had any issues. Definitely feel let down after reading all the great reviews here. I'm baffled that people like these at all.

I think you have it backwards in this case. Yes, you can get knock offs from China but this is a rebranded OEM. Boundless didn't design/invent this vape from the ground up. A company in China makes them and other companies(ie boundless) put their spin(branding) on it.

guyonthecouch,

Cl4ud3

Like I said, not hating on boundless(can't knock the hustle) and no I haven't had any issues. Definitely feel let down after reading all the great reviews here. I'm baffled that people like these at all.

I think you have it backwards in this case. Yes, you can get knock offs from China but this is a rebranded OEM. Boundless didn't design/invent this vape from the ground up. A company in China makes them and other companies(ie boundless) put their spin(branding) on it.
Not going to argue but that's not the company that makes vapes for Boundless or Flowermate. They are made in China but by a different manufacturer.

Cl4ud3,

SuperLuigi

Not going to argue but that's not the company that makes vapes for Boundless or Flowermate. They are made in China but by a different manufacturer.

Do we know who makes them?? I know for sure the Flowermates are all Chinese rebrands, didn't think boundless is too.

SuperLuigi,

RelaxedNow

Do we know who makes them?? I know for sure the Flowermates are all Chinese rebrands, didn't think boundless is too.

I have no special knowledge on the subject, but the CFV and the Flowermate Swift DO appear to be the same, or damn close. If it looks like a duck.....

Personally, I have no problem with re-branding though. It's common in many industries. If someone objects, they're always welcome to source it themselves, and take the risk and hassle that comes with it.

RelaxedNow,

beefsupreme

I think rebrand is the wrong word to be using here. They're not just slapping a Boundless or Flowermate label on an existing product (like all the vape pen sellers). They work with the contract chinese manufacturer SMiss and there is custom design work done using off the shelf parts - like the ceramic bowl or LCD screen unit for example. Not having to design every tiny part from scratch helps save money and gets the vape to market much quicker.

@RelaxedNow Boundless and Flowermate are sister companies. They actually share office space in California also.

Baron23

I think rebrand is the wrong word to be using here. They're not just slapping a Boundless or Flowermate label on an existing product (like all the vape pen sellers). They work with the contract chinese manufacturer SMiss and there is custom design work done using off the shelf parts - like the ceramic bowl or LCD screen unit for example. Not having to design every tiny part from scratch helps save money and gets the vape to market much quicker.

@RelaxedNow Boundless and Flowermate are sister companies. They actually share office space in California also.
This ^^ is my understanding as well as its my understanding that Boundless/Flowermate developed the design with Smiss and if somebody else is backdooring them on Alibaba well....that's China for you.

A friend lent me a CFX to use for a couple of weeks. I have not used a Mighty (for over twice the price...just thought I would throw that in there) but I found the CFX to be a VERY nice vape for $169.

We are many and varied...which is why there is room in the market for many different vapes. To each their own.

Cheers

hillbill

It is common for competing companies, today, to sell the same basic product under different names. Bass Pro, Pflueger, Shakespeare, Browning, Quantum, Lew's, Six Gills and other casting reels are all designed and made by the same company.....In China. Nearly 90% of fishing rods are made in 4 factories, in China. Vapes too!. It is simply corporate marketing strategy and the endless search for cheaper labor.

One small part of the dirty belly of capitalism, but it provides cheap consumer goods and vapes. The ones getting screwed are the young men, women and youngsters that make them for you and I.

I will continue to use these China-made vaporizers which are well engineered and perform well until the US brings these jobs home......... for a robot!

Maybe we should talk about how that Thankgiving turkey was bred, fed and got dead. Happy Thanksgiving!

Top Bottom