Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

Justpassedu

Hope you guys can join us at 4:00PM PST! Thank you @Cl4ud3 for posting the direct link!
Awesome demo yesterday guys. I had to dip early but liked what i saw. Always great to see a company growing and pushing the boundaries of what they can do and bring to the market. Cheers to the future of Boundless , cant wait to see whats coming.

Cjisohsocool

The CFC looks really cool, especially if they are able to make the battery replaceable. I'd love to see some pictures of the herb chamber and such :)

OyVape

Please forgive me if this has been addressed before. I need to know if the vapor is cool, as the Mighty is supposed to be. (Sorry, I don't have one.) I don't need any more throat irritation and would be getting something CF-ish to use stealth style, not with water.

Of course, hard to say about the CFV since it isn't out yet.

OyVape,

Justpassedu

Please forgive me if this has been addressed before. I need to know if the vapor is cool, as the Mighty is supposed to be. (Sorry, I don't have one.) I don't need any more throat irritation and would be getting something CF-ish to use stealth style, not with water.

Of course, hard to say about the CFV since it isn't out yet.
Its pretty cool but that also depends on what temp you are vaping at . Every vape will have some heat going to your throat unless you are going through water. It's hot air being drawn in when you inhale. I would say the Mighty is a bit cooler due to the cooling unit but the Cf i have not noticed much heat at all unless i crank my temp up and almost any vape would most likely be the same.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
So who wants to make a CFC thread?

It occurred to me that if the performance is equal or close to the CF/CFX it could give the Pax 2 a run for its money. Especially at 1/3 of the price.

L7373dz.jpg

Greenfinger53

They little thing looks like an excellent stealth vape, if it's as powerful as it's bigger brothers then it's going to be a big seller!

I could see myself using that in the smoking area at the pub without any fuss.

Greenfinger53,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

iiaii

Sorry to pop in like this. I can't find the thread on just CF not CFX. I just got the thing and everything has been going well except now I just get 5 blinking lights no matter what I do. Yes the battery is charged but I want to vape! I've done 5 clicks too many times to count. I've held for 3 seconds in case it's in stealth mode. Every combination brings me back to 5 blinking lights and no heat up. How do I get out of this loop or reset this puppy? Thanks and sorry for popping in like this.

Vitolo

Vaporist
If you mean CFX, my opinion is yes.
Same principal but with more power and a more "discreet" attenuation of heat (1º increments)

Vitolo,

RobotFart

Is the CFC as good as the CF?

The CFC (CF Compact) is gonna be conduction rather than a conduction/convection hybrid like the CF, so i predict it will be the less powerful and flavourful hitter of the two.

However, it is smaller than the CF, has a wider range of temp settings than the CF, has a better battery life than the CF and potentially removable batteries if boundless can get that done before the release.

All in all it looks pretty cool, especially for the price which I heard is going to be between $75 and $85.

InspireAndAdmire

Alright my CF arrived. I'm shocked at how palm-able this device is and I don't have large hands in that manner. Just a few more questions:

1. There is no battery indicator on the CF, how would I know the battery status?
2. Can the oven itself be replaced with user-replaceable parts to have a new oven?
3. Can this battery be overcharged? Is there an overcharge protection? How do I know when it's fully charged?
4. Given that the device has an internal battery, when it's time to be replaced due to functionality decrease, what process do we go through, how much is it, and is there a battery warranty, if so how long?
5. What is the best way to clean the oven/device? Can the oven be swabbed out with alcohol?
6. Does this device retain the smell of weed? What is the best way to mask the smell (cases, etc)
7. What kind of grind does this device require? Fine/No grind, etc
8. How long does the battery typically last? (Considering it's 5 minute sessions)
9. Given that the oven is cleaned thoroughly every few sessions, will it remain "like-new"?
10. Where does one purchase ELB basket caps and replaceable screens?
11. The CF is capped off at 415 degrees F. Is this enough to extract the flower/wax?
12. The device came with a USB charger, it did NOT come with a wall adapter. What adapter can be used with the device, and if any, which are not compatible?

I haven't used the device yet, but I'm impressed by the looks. It's sleek. I'll report back perhaps later tonight to let you guys know how it goes. I took a 5+ day tolerance break so lets see how smacked I get off of a small portion filled oven with a best bud of mine.

Also for question 11, the reason I bring it up, is because I'm used to the after vaped bud being black from other devices. Giving me the impression that everything was extracted. Will 415 be enough power for full extraction.

Last edited:
InspireAndAdmire,

InspireAndAdmire

Ugh guys. I had a 5+ day tbreak. I split an oven of about 60% with a buddy who's tolerance is sooo high. I went to a straight 10 and he was at a 4-5. He enjoyed the vape and was heavily impressed coming from a Pax.

I woke up with a weed hangover lol. I haven't been that high since I first started.

I'm happy.

Lion Zion

I came to the site pretty much convinced I wanted a Mighty as my first vape. Based upon reading the
posts on this forum, I ordered the CFX/wpa yesterday. It will be shipped on
Tues. Wooohoo. I'm feeling like this is a healthy step and with the wpa, I can put my
Sheldon Black beaker in rotation if so desired.

Having read all 73 pages of this thread, frankly, I find the swapping out
of various screens a bit intimidating. I didn't even know what an elb was until about page 34.

I'm stoked.

lz

InspireAndAdmire

I came to the site pretty much convinced I wanted a Mighty as my first vape. Based upon reading the
posts on this forum, I ordered the CFX/wpa yesterday. It will be shipped on
Tues. Wooohoo. I'm feeling like this is a healthy step and with the wpa, I can put my
Sheldon Black beaker in rotation if so desired.

of various screens a bit intimidating. I didn't even know what an elb was until about page 34.

I'm stoked.

lz

You'll be shocked at the performance. 30-40% oven takes me to a [8] - [10] with an increasing tolerance. The high is so beautiful.

Lion Zion

You'll be shocked at the performance. 30-40% oven takes me to a [8] - [10] with an increasing tolerance. The high is so beautiful.

I'm fortunate to be a member of a dispensary that carries the highest quality medicinal marijuana. They will occasionally have old school strain, some of which I still really like. At one point, they had a strain called "Thai". It looked, smelled and had the exact same effects as Thai sticks from back in the day.

Bottom line, 8-10 sounds fine. I can't wait to experience my meds through my new CFX.

beefsupreme

I'm stoked.

lz

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, to say the least. I hope you saw mention of doing a few 5-minute burn offs when you first get your CFX, and that while its doing those you might want to ISO wash the mouthpiece for good measure to get rid of any plastic-taste. I did those and had a great first experience when mine arrived. the ELB Mod is the cherry on top of an excellent vape. Especially nice if you plan to be using it outdoors or in groups, because it makes swapping spent loads for fresh ones a 15 second process instead of having to do a oven sweep and grind/refill. I load my four ELBs and just swap them as needed, and then refill them all at once. So convenient that way and much easier to clean.

Lion Zion

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, to say the least. I hope you saw mention of doing a few 5-minute burn offs when you first get your CFX, and that while its doing those you might want to ISO wash the mouthpiece for good measure to get rid of any plastic-taste. I did those and had a great first experience when mine arrived. the ELB Mod is the cherry on top of an excellent vape. Especially nice if you plan to be using it outdoors or in groups, because it makes swapping spent loads for fresh ones a 15 second process instead of having to do a oven sweep and grind/refill. I load my four ELBs and just swap them as needed, and then refill them all at once. So convenient that way and much easier to clean.

Hey Beef Supreme,
I did read about the burn off and from what I gather, it involves turning the unit on without any
material in the chamber. I'm guessing that the temp should be turned up fairly high. I really
did read the entire thread over the course of several days, but without the actual unit in front of me,
the changing of the various screens left me a bit....confused. I do remember reading several reports of
folks using ISO and somehow damaging the finish of their unit. I'll get in there with an iso dipped q-tip and give it my best.

With respect to the elb mod, the Vapexhale elbs appear to be out of stock everywhere on this side of the border. :( I read that all new units being shipped have "upgraded screens" by Boundless. PIU confirmed that their inventory is the very newest from Boundless. They were including "several screens" with my order.
I will for sure scope it out once the unit arrives in the next day or so.

Thanks so much for the suggestions/advise. Very much appreciated.
lz

beefsupreme

Hey Beef Supreme,
I did read about the burn off and from what I gather, it involves turning the unit on without any
material in the chamber. I'm guessing that the temp should be turned up fairly high.

With respect to the elb mod, the Vapexhale elbs appear to be out of stock everywhere on this side of the border. :( I read that all new units being shipped have "upgraded screens" by Boundless. PIU confirmed that their inventory is the very newest from Boundless. They were including "several screens" with my order.
lz

When you get it, charge it up (DC power charges it fast) and then just turn it on with nothing in the oven and set it to the highest power setting. It will warm up and turn itself off after 5 minutes. Repeat it maybe twice. That burns off any leftover residue. No need to ISO swab the oven at this point. You might want to put the mouthpiece into a zip lock bag and give it an ISO wash though. It doesn't hurt.

Your PIU order should come with the Arizer Q screens, which is what I started with before I found a shop with the ELBs. They work well too. Take a look at this site and it shows you how to use them. One goes in between the two pieces of the mouthpiece and the other is a cute little hat for your oven load :)
http://420vapezone.com/boundless-cf-cfx-modifications/

YungLeaner

Hey Beef Supreme,
material in the chamber. I'm guessing that the temp should be turned up fairly high. I really
did read the entire thread over the course of several days, but without the actual unit in front of me,
the changing of the various screens left me a bit....confused. I do remember reading several reports of
folks using ISO and somehow damaging the finish of their unit. I'll get in there with an iso dipped q-tip and give it my best.

lz
Hey, I wouldn't worry too much about the whole screen issue.

Firstly, It'll all make sense when you have the unit sitting in front of you. It's difficult to grasp how the mod works in the abstract.

Secondly, the screen upgrades that Boundless has made (and PIU has the new stock) are huge!! I never change out the screen anymore because the new screen is so much better. With the scraping tool it's easy to make clean, and it takes quite a few bowls to get to the point where you'll find it necessary.

Matrix

Hey Beef Supreme,

lz

Hi, a month ago, I upgraded from a FM v5 to the CFX and I love it so much.
My issue is now that I vape daily ;)

I got the new version with the new mouthpiece screen, and I just added an arizer basket on top of the chamber and it keeps the mouthpiece very clean... (so no need to brush the mouthpiece screen every session to improve the airflow)
So don't worry about it, it's convenient but not an absolutely necessary.

About the ISO, you can use it in the chamber and on the screens but just don't put it on the soft plastic around the device and around the chamber...However don't worry about the mouthpiece, it's not the same plastic, it will be fine with ISO, just put it in a bag to clean it.

Lion Zion

Hey, I wouldn't worry too much about the whole screen issue.

Firstly, It'll all make sense when you have the unit sitting in front of you. It's difficult to grasp how the mod works in the abstract.

Secondly, the screen upgrades that Boundless has made (and PIU has the new stock) are huge!! I never change out the screen anymore because the new screen is so much better. With the scraping tool it's easy to make clean, and it takes quite a few bowls to get to the point where you'll find it necessary.

Thank you so much to both YungLeaner and Beef Supreme for your assistance I feel much better after reading your posts.

I received word earlier that the unit has shipped. I'm trying not to check tracking obsessively.
lz

Lion Zion

Hi, a month ago, I upgraded from a FM v5 to the CFX and I love it so much.
My issue is now that I vape daily ;)

I got the new version with the new mouthpiece screen, and I just added an arizer basket on top of the chamber and it keeps the mouthpiece very clean... (so no need to brush the mouthpiece screen every session to improve the airflow)
So don't worry about it, it's convenient but not an absolutely necessary.

About the ISO, you can use it in the chamber and on the screens but just don't put it on the soft plastic around the device and around the chamber...However don't worry about the mouthpiece, it's not the same plastic, it will be fine with ISO, just put it in a bag to clean it.

Awesome advise. Thanx Matrix.

Top Bottom