Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

Glad to hear nick,
I keep reading a lot of good things about all these vapes and can say I'm more than impressed with my CFX for the price and performance. With the WPA it rips harder than any vape I have. (Volcano digit, PAX, crafty) while maintaining good vapor quality. Although the volcano has better flavor and fills bags I would much rather have 5 boundless units lol. The battery life on the CFX is well know to be superior to almost all portable vapes I know of which is insane (10+) bowls per charge. Absolutely kills the Crafty (340$) in terms of performance. The screen mods are also game changer make sure to check them out(bucket screen)

Dreuft

Hi!
finally got my hybrid yesterday and had a great experience with it!
But the fully charged 18650 (charged with a wall adapter) give me just 5-6 5mn sessions and some e-juice vape...is it normal?
I'm thinking about getting some spare 18650, some advices please guys? MXJO 18650 - 3000 mAh 35A, are those goods? thanxx

edit: any tips for enhancing battery life please?

Last edited:

Cl4ud3

Battery life is a bit short on the Hybrid, same as the CFV. 3000 mAh should last longer than the 2500 but I don't know about those batteries. There is a battery thread here somewhere but off the top of my head the recommended ones are Samsung 25R, LGHE4/LGHG2 , Sony VTC5 or something similar.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I decided upon a low temp vape session tonight.
I chose the CFX and set it at 360º
I was treated to a dozen sessions (quite a few were back to back) of surprisingly cool and flavorful vapor, with thick clouds, that did not diminish until the 13th time through.
Standard set-up, with Q Basket in between.
Run #13 has finished.
Battery indicatore still has two white lines, and only the 1st line is blinking red intermittently.
I think the Unit proved it's stuff tonight.
It made one load last most of evening.

ohmygodimsohigh

I was treated to a dozen sessions (quite a few were back to back) of surprisingly cool and flavorful vapor, with thick clouds, that did not diminish until the 13th time through.
Run #13 has finished.
Battery indicatore still has two white lines, and only the 1st line is blinking red intermittently.

Are you saying you vaped the same load of material all 13 sessions?

SuperLuigi

I'm just about to pick up my first ever Boundless CF. I'm coming from an MFLB so i can't wait!

Been reading up on this forum about the CF and there seems to be quite a few mods that can be done, but it's hard to figure out which ones are best. Does anyone have a recommendation of the first thing I should get? Super excited for this vape!

Cl4ud3

I'm just about to pick up my first ever Boundless CF. I'm coming from an MFLB so i can't wait!

Been reading up on this forum about the CF and there seems to be quite a few mods that can be done, but it's hard to figure out which ones are best. Does anyone have a recommendation of the first thing I should get? Super excited for this vape!
ELB mod, all you really need. http://420vapezone.com/boundless-cf-cfx-modifications/

Cl4ud3,
Reactions: waxdab23

Dynalowrider

I can not express enough to you to get ELBs.
Ratchett, (Delta 3D Studios), has a loading funnel that makes quick work filling them. He said he has a loader that does eight ELBs at once. I'm looking forward to that.
The ELBs keep your vape clean, great for carrying loaded ELBs.
I have a couple of cigar tubes I fill with loaded ELBs. Looks like I'm carrying a cigar around.
You want to take the cedar wrapping out. I thought it would take up the space in the tube. It did that but left my "OG Kush" tasting like a "Macanudo Maduro Hampton Court".
I have the CFX and I love it, especially with the ELBs.
Another suggestion get the WPA. With the ELBS and the WPA, you want to remove the WPA screen and screen collar. I opened the WPA and added a screen inside the cone.
I have used my CFX and WPA with a "PNWT" and the "MFLB Orbiter". The CFX milks them both.
I'm looking for a 10" or smaller bubbler at the moment. Any suggestions folks? Doc

nickb

SSV w/ Standard HC, LSV HC, thermovape all,
Quick update, I have the ELB mod also use the DDave 14 mm adapters on each end of Silver Surfer tubing to my 18 IN straight tube water pipe, this thing rips like a beast also I think I have gotten my load and hits down and this thing gives me huge rips with or without bong. I need to upload a pic, i have been using it for several sessions daily. I am really digging this thing, 10 times more than my Solo which to me was always a disappointment. I have grown more fond of this vape I think i may like it more than my E-Nano, I'd say 1st my SSV which i have a LSV heater cover and use the ground glass wand with a DDave 18mm bucket screen (Works great as a hands free that way and rips super huge 2 hit snaps or 1.5 hit) attached to my 18 in tube. Then I think The CFX take 2nd over my E-nano. That says a lot for a portable battery power vape. This this is basically vapor on demand, and i think if it had a more air tight seal for bong attachment ( Maybe they make them so ground glass attachment would fit perfectly inside the bowl on newer models for easy water pipe hits) Since I got this it has been the only thing i have used besides 1 snap in the SSV, for several daily sessions. I will post pics of my set up probably Monday

nickb,
Reactions: Cl4ud3

waxdab23

I know we've discussed this before but any new ideas on getting the chamber of the CFX cleaned?

Mine is pretty gunked...

U3sgxCV.jpg

I've only been using the ELB top cap mod and obviously could have avoided this by using the ELB mod and also not leaving spent bowls in the chamber, but I plan on doing those things once I get this thing back to new.

I just tried a cutip lightly soaked in 99% ISO holding the CFX upside down and scrubbing. The picture above is after this attempt. I got little parts cleaned , but I would really need to go to town on it to get it fully scrubbed, which obviously doesn't seem ideal.

I just ran it for 2 cycles in a row open (no lid) at 430F, and the whole time I can see visible vapor so I know this must be effecting taste.

waxdab23,

Dreuft

Run #13 has finished.

@Vitolo How is this possible? I think of being able to vape maybe 3 sessions (of 5mn each) with the same load but 13...

Dreuft,

Dynalowrider

Boundless, you said the filling funnel would be available by the end of the month. It's the next month already.
Look at the bits and pieces in the groove of waxdab23s vape.
We need accessories for these vapes. Doc

Not sure it would work, but upside down, q-tip dampened with "Smoke Soap"?

Last edited:
Dynalowrider,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
My SwiftPro (post o-ring update release) came stock with a black anodized aluminum funnel, so it's already in production and should be available soon.

Cl4ud3

I know we've discussed this before but any new ideas on getting the chamber of the CFX cleaned?

Mine is pretty gunked...

U3sgxCV.jpg

I've only been using the ELB top cap mod and obviously could have avoided this by using the ELB mod and also not leaving spent bowls in the chamber, but I plan on doing those things once I get this thing back to new.

I just tried a cutip lightly soaked in 99% ISO holding the CFX upside down and scrubbing. The picture above is after this attempt. I got little parts cleaned , but I would really need to go to town on it to get it fully scrubbed, which obviously doesn't seem ideal.

I just ran it for 2 cycles in a row open (no lid) at 430F, and the whole time I can see visible vapor so I know this must be effecting taste.
I've used a kitchen cleaner on it before and got it super clean, be careful what you use though due to the chemicals. If you can find a toxin free ceramic cleaner that would be best. I've seen people on reddit use a magic eraser sponge or scouring pad.

Cl4ud3,
Reactions: waxdab23

Vitolo

Vaporist
@Vitolo How is this possible? I think of being able to vape maybe 3 sessions (of 5mn each) with the same load but 13...
How was it possible...
  1. It was extraordinary herb, rock hard sticky buds that were work to grind.
  2. The temperature of 360º is the lowest I have tried.
  3. After 13 five minute sessions with the same exact bud, the flavor got flat.
I likely could have raised the temperature and extracted a tiny bit more meds with a lower flavor profile.
I usually vape CFX at 395.
When I used the same bud at 395 this morning, I got 6 sessions from the one load, before flavor got flat and vapor got thin

beefsupreme

Boundless, you said the filling funnel would be available by the end of the month. It's the next month already.

From what I understand the delay is they're waiting to get the new Boundless website online, which is holding up putting the CFV on sale and the new accessories. I'd expect puffitup and others will carry replacement rings, the funnel, etc shortly too.

@waxdab23 thats the gunkiest oven I've ever seen. I hope the magic eraser or multiple times with ISO does the trick. I've been using mine with ELB only for months and the sides are still white.

On a different subject, I had a chance to finally try some Beard Bros shatter in the CFX properly today using the wax pod. It worked much better in the pod than my previous attempts putting it in the chamber with some cotton alone. Maybe because the pod heats up itself quite hot by conduction. I was getting serious clouds on the 3rd pull at 420-f. I've mainly been using flower with my vapes so far but its nice to see the CFX works well with shatter afterall. I got two good sessions out of what looked like 0.05 grams. Very small amount went a long way.

legalizeRO

Does anyone have the Storz & Bickel dosing capsule? Do they fit in the Boundless chamber?

Because they're very cheap I want to include in the cart a 8 magazine set along with the Boundless Hybrid, for holidays and what not.

Should I be worried about the big oring, or maybe get a spare mouth piece upfront? Maybe Boundless should include one spare oring in the initial package...

Any mods for the Hybrid? I only see mods for the CF and CFX.

legalizeRO,
Reactions: Dreuft

Meach

I have read the hybrid chamber is not as deep as the cf or the cfx ..not sure if the elbs fit in the hybrid..

Cl4ud3

Does anyone have the Storz & Bickel dosing capsule? Do they fit in the Boundless chamber?

Because they're very cheap I want to include in the cart a 8 magazine set along with the Boundless Hybrid, for holidays and what not.

Should I be worried about the big oring, or maybe get a spare mouth piece upfront? Maybe Boundless should include one spare oring in the initial package...

Any mods for the Hybrid? I only see mods for the CF and CFX.
S&B capsules won't fit any of the Boundless vapes. The Hybrid is a different sized oven to the other devices too, smaller and shallower. No mods to speak of but you can get small flowermate cans that fit the Hybrid. https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizer_accessoires/flowermate-stainless-steel-pods/

nickb

SSV w/ Standard HC, LSV HC, thermovape all,
I like using just the ELB for the top the little bucket-basket screen. Not the longer 1.

legalizeRO

S&B capsules won't fit any of the Boundless vapes. The Hybrid is a different sized oven to the other devices too, smaller and shallower. No mods to speak of but you can get small flowermate cans that fit the Hybrid. https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizer_accessoires/flowermate-stainless-steel-pods/

Well, that's disappointing... Just when I made up my mind, I have to make up again.

Now I'm torn between CF and CFX. I'd get the CFX, but I see this model is the most prone to die, not that the Cf didn't have his share of broken units. CF is also alot cheaper, wich matters a little for me, but the shop in Europe that I want to buy from made me an offer for the CFX so that didn't help choosing :)

I wonder also how easy it is to change the batteries. One user disassembled a CFX early in this thread, but I wonder if it is as easy with the CF, and if it was a irreversible disassembling for the purpose of reviewing, or is a fairly easy assemble back to working state. Realistically I'll have to change them in a year or two, and as a ecig user I always have plenty of 18650's. Being in Europe sending the unit for batteries replacement is not really an option.

CF is stealthier, witch is a bonus for me, but I really like the temp range and vibrations/heptic on the CFX. Many times I cooked my flowers in the Plenty because I didn't pay attention when it reached the vape temp, and I remembered I put it ON after 15-20 minutes when it already cooled, and than set it ON again, and so on.

legalizeRO,

beefsupreme

If you really wanted to open it up and swap batteries, there is this blog post that at least shows you what you're in for : http://blog.puffitup.com/2016/08/boundless-cfx-tear-down-piece-by-piece/

The CFX is less stealthy than its little brother the CF, mainly because of the bright screen. However in use, you hold your hand over that part any way, so maybe its moot. I've used it outdoors just fine. It doesnt quite fit in a pocket easily like the CF does, but the haptic/screen timer is quite helpful. I've found myself missing both those on the new CFV model. Both models turn off automatically after 5 minutes btw, and heat up in about 25 seconds.. not long enough to fully zone out hopefully!

Top Bottom