Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

little maggie

Thanks for the mp info. I think mine is defective so I'm going to order one from the vapor institute. Can someone recommend cases for the CF and CFX. I have a vatra for my solo which I really like but I'm not sure what will work best with these boundless vapes.

little maggie,

Eatrocks

I just popped out the mouthpiece screen and layed a flat screen and pieced it back together. Looks legit.

The unit is giving big cloudy hits now on micro loads, love the efficiency. Seem like a took a small break In period.

Milkytime

@little maggie i think you answered your own question if you have used both the CF and CFX then you should know what to expect. Sounds like you have a defective CFX as they are basically the same vape.

As far as warranty goes i think they amended the warentee to 2 years even though the manual only says 1 year. Please correct me if im incorrect on this.

Milkytime,
Reactions: Taz

Taz

Tester
I did mine thru 430 6 times and was still there but do not notice it now. i even loaded it with wormwood after the 5th burn in to see if it helped.
After that I kept thinking I could taste it but not any today. I will say i have "super" taste buds. I tell people what spices they used in a dish and they are always like how did you know.

Love mine so far! My button seems to be wonky at times.
Might just take getting use to it.

Love the heat up time, battery life, quick recharge time and dang good flavor. The price isnt bad either. I actually prefer this shape mouth piece to the Mighty. Have used a basket on top load but no reason to customize it yet. Do have 4 baskets with tops arriving tomorrow.

Did you guys do burn offs on the highest temp? I did this for 3 cycles and never noticed a any plastic tastes.

Milkytime

I did burn off highest temp CF didn't see anything coming off of it. Never had any funny tastes, just tasty tasty herbs.

Milkytime,

little maggie

Still not sure what's wrong with the CFX except that it needs a replacement mp. But the customer service has been good with Eric consistently getting back in a reasonable response time.

Also want to add that Ed's wong for the Haze 3 is a perfect fit.

mikee336

I did mine thru 430 6 times and was still there but do not notice it now. i even loaded it with wormwood after the 5th burn in to see if it helped.
After that I kept thinking I could taste it but not any today. I will say i have "super" taste buds. I tell people what spices they used in a dish and they are always like how did you know.

Love mine so far! My button seems to be wonky at times.
Might just take getting use to it.

Love the heat up time, battery life, quick recharge time and dang good flavor. The price isnt bad either. I actually prefer this shape mouth piece to the Mighty. Have used a basket on top load but no reason to customize it yet. Do have 4 baskets with tops arriving tomorrow.
I almost never post... I have an herbalizer, evic tc mini mod with source orb attachments, a flower mate mini (dropped and broke the mouth piece which led me to looking for something less fragile, then I arrived at the), cfx. The cfx is legit... I'm in love with this damn thing. Anywho... When you say baskets, do you mean pre made loads? And what baskets are you using for this? I apologize for missing it in the thread but I really only get time to skim these through the day as my job is crazy time consuming (and stressful, hence the toys)... Thanks in advance!

mikee336,

YungLeaner

I almost never post... I have an herbalizer, evic tc mini mod with source orb attachments, a flower mate mini (dropped and broke the mouth piece which led me to looking for something less fragile, then I arrived at the), cfx. The cfx is legit... I'm in love with this damn thing. Anywho... When you say baskets, do you mean pre made loads? And what baskets are you using for this? I apologize for missing it in the thread but I really only get time to skim these through the day as my job is crazy time consuming (and stressful, hence the toys)... Thanks in advance!
he is talking about ELBs, the bowl system for the Cloud Evo that fits well into the boundless and makes loads a little bit tastier and a little bit cleaner. not a huge deal though, and they are very fragile IMO

YungLeaner,

Eatrocks

So far my improvised mouthpiece screen is great, I pushed out the brass screen thru the hole and stuck a smaller steel screen on top inside the assembly. The brass screen pokes out to keep scraps out.

Prob would have been better if they just designed it for a standard screen to work and be flush so scraps can't collect in the assembly.

Eatrocks,

Taz

Tester
I also use the screen from the whip attachment for the Arizer whip kit on top and X-Hale baskets for chamber. The Arizer whip basket I took off of whip fits perfectly on top so you can remove stock top screen and or hold in when filling smaller loads.

Taz,

Eatrocks

The stock screen clogs entirely after 3-4 bowls, i think the surface gets hot enough to melt the oils off the herbs that get stuck to it during a session causing sticky residue to stop the airflow.

My homemade screen working great.

Eatrocks,
Reactions: djchexxx

djchexxx

The stock screen clogs entirely after 3-4 bowls, i think the surface gets hot enough to melt the oils off the herbs that get stuck to it during a session causing sticky residue to stop the airflow.

My homemade screen working great.

Glad the home made screen is working out great :tup:

djchexxx,

Eatrocks

The temperature went up to 445 when I paused it from the 430 max. Anyone else kotice this vaping at high Temps. It doesn't show the temp drop when u draw air thru the chamber either so...

Eatrocks,

RelaxedNow

It's 2:00 AM, and I just arrived back home in Washington State from Phoenix. What was waiting on my front porch, but my new CFX. It's already charging. In the morning, I'll be sanitizing the mouthpiece, and doing a burnoff. After testing it out, I'll let you know what I think of it.....if I'm still able.

Putricio

My CFX continues to impress. I loaded a small (maybe .1) unground nug in the chamber. Did 2 sessions. First one at 365 and the second at 375. The CFX provided awesome flavor and since the nug was unground, airflow was MUCH improved (I also use am ELB cap on top of the oven). I didnt get huge clouds, but in the end, I was where I needed to be. ABV was an even medium brown color.

RelaxedNow

Ok, I'm out if bed now. I'd probably haven fallen back to sleep again, but visions of vapor filled my head. Yes, it's Christmas at RelaxedNow's house, and I couldn't to wait to play with my new Red Ryder RBB Gun....errrrrr....Boundless CFX.

I had left it plugged in for about 8 hours, so I figured it would be ready to go. I did a burnoff, consisting first of one cycle at 430F, with an empty bowl. I saw no vapor from factory oils, though it did have a new-car smell. I then loaded the bowl very loosely and about half-full, and did a second burnoff at 430, hoping to bury the new-car smell. I was seeing no, or maybe minimal, vapor rising, so I took a few pulls on it. Man, tons of vapor, but it was far beyond my preferred temperature range on any device, so as expected, it was quite warm and a little harsh. After the vapor had nearly stopped, I emptied ithe bowl, and the plasticky new-car taste was still there.

Being impatient, I said fuck burnoff's (oh, come on, a little plastic or machining oil never hurt anybody), and decided to give it a real try. I'm mostly accustomed to convection portables, and all of mine are fairly efficient. Thus, I bought the CFX partly for its touted ability to handle small loads, even though it is mostly conduction. And, yes, it does work quite well with small loads. I got great vapor at 360, but it seemed warmer than I wanted to begin with, so I quickly lowered it to 320F. Over the course of (uncounted) draws, I ultimately turned it up to 390. Finally, the weed was spent, and I stopped there.

Initial impressions and obversations;
  • It's fairly intuitive, though I did read the manual.
  • The plasticky new-car smell and taste is still a bit noticeable, but I'm confident it will disappear before long, so it really doesn't bother me....unless I'm wrong and it sticks around, because what do I know, right(?).
  • The exterior gets plenty warm, but not uncomfortably so. Every vape I own gets warm with 10+ minutes of use, so I don't give a fuck (sorry, had to throw that in there once).
  • It seemed efficient, though I don't have any objective data to report. Probably never will, actually, as I'm not that focused, particularly when vaping. Did I mention I'm stoned?
  • I had no problems with the 5-click routine. It may have required an extra click a time or two, but I'm used to that happening with ecigs, so it doesn't bother me. I actually think it was user error anyway.
  • After 8 hours of charging, the battery indicator still showed white on the fourth bar. I'm wondering if this is normal.
  • After the above cycling, it shows 2 brown bars. It'll be interesting to see what I get out of it with normal use at lower temperatures.
  • I got stoned
There may be more to tell, but, like I said, I'm not that focused, and this is taking too long. I think I like the CFX. But I'm stoned,.....no, it doesn't matter, I think I like it. Fuck, I'm loaded. Not wasted, but a good loaded.

I think I like the CFX.

Now I need breakfast.

mikee336

mikee336,

Eatrocks

Anyone else see they Temps go up when they pause they session after a few min?

Eatrocks,

djchexxx

Anyone else see they Temps go up when they pause they session after a few min?
After 5mins the CFX will go into stand by mode. The screen goes black but when you press the power button again the screen turns back on. This is when you will see the temp going down. To resume, hold the power button for 3 seconds and it will go back up to temp.

edit: sorry, I thought it said if we saw the temps go down. :doh: lol. But anyways no, I've never seen the temp go up mid session or when im not hitting it but its on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom