Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

VaporSipper

I've found that the CFX is so powerful that I start vaping at 353°F and get more than enough clouds. Your unit must be defective and I would think that Boundless will have no problem replacing it.

VaporSipper,

Donny531

Can you guys who have one of these devices comment on the smell of the unit while it is packed and in a pocket. I have a pax 2 but man that thing is smelly...

Donny531,

djchexxx

I haven't been very happy with my CFX. Very little vapor even on the hottest setting. And I know others are reporting that the vapor is cool but it feels like it's barely there and I definitely don't feel like I'm getting very medicated. I usually finish with my dynavap.
When I turn it on (5 clicks) it lights up and then off immediately. Then I turn it on again and it goes through the heating process until it gets to the right temp. Is this normal?

Anyway, I don't know why, given the above, but I ordered a CF. My experience with the CF is totally different. Huge clouds on it's mildest temperature. I micro dose and even with a small amount in the bowl it lasted through 4-5 hits.
For those with both the CFX and CF have any of you had this kind of experience?

So as to not double post- someone posted that this has a good warranty. It seems very short to me. What am I missing?
Call their customer service. What youre describing to me does not sound normal at all. The CFX should perform the same way as the CF since basically almost everything between the two of them is the same. The warranty is 2 years. Not 1 year as stated in the manual

Can you guys who have one of these devices comment on the smell of the unit while it is packed and in a pocket. I have a pax 2 but man that thing is smelly...
It's not stinky unless you already have vaped bud in it, then for sure its gonna be stinky

Last edited by a moderator:
djchexxx,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
VAS DAY
Arriving today 420 (my mom's b-day), Boundless CF (love the simplicity and stealth of the little guy). This will make a great out and about vape, hoping performance is up the standard I'm used to, but from what I've read, it is.

To kill smellyness, i use heavy duty zipper bags I found at ACE hardware (under $10). They are like a heavy duty canvas pencil case in various sizes, I've got 1/2 a dozen.

Last edited:

subway13029

Look its @Bravesst !! Hope you like it brother..its not the typical conduction vape..super fast heatup and good flavor..few little mods with screen and such..i actually took the bottom screen from the chamber and put an arizer dome screen in the bottom and my airflow greatly improved..and of course take the top screen off and replace with a eq basket screen..i just did the dome screen in bottom yesterday and very good mod..hope you enjoy brother..

Likes2vape

I haven't been very happy with my CFX. Very little vapor even on the hottest setting. And I know others are reporting that the vapor is cool but it feels like it's barely there and I definitely don't feel like I'm getting very medicated. I usually finish with my dynavap.
When I turn it on (5 clicks) it lights up and then off immediately. Then I turn it on again and it goes through the heating process until it gets to the right temp. Is this normal?

Anyway, I don't know why, given the above, but I ordered a CF. My experience with the CF is totally different. Huge clouds on it's mildest temperature. I micro dose and even with a small amount in the bowl it lasted through 4-5 hits.
For those with both the CFX and CF have any of you had this kind of experience?

So as to not double post- someone posted that this has a good warranty. It seems very short to me. What am I missing?
It sounds like you have a defective unit as it should perform the same as the cf. As for the turning it on thing you are not turning the unit off after a session and are just letting the auto shut off timer kick in. The auto shut off is just a sleep mode if you hold the power button down for 2 seconds it turns back on from "sleep mode" or if you click it 5 times it turns totally off.

Eatrocks

So far I've noticed that micro loads don't give me good hits. I'll have to try a micro at 420 degrees to start off to see if that works.

I packed a normal solo sized bowl, prob .1
I took 3 nice big cloudy hits, turned it off and the next day finished the rest and almost couldn't finish it off. Seems like u gotta pack a decent amount to be able to get those big effective hits.

Anyone tried it with loose keif and had good results?

I've been packing down the bowls tight.

Eatrocks,

freaktown

spaced out
So far I've noticed that micro loads don't give me good hits. I'll have to try a micro at 420 degrees to start off to see if that works.

I packed a normal solo sized bowl, prob .1
I took 3 nice big cloudy hits, turned it off and the next day finished the rest and almost couldn't finish it off. Seems like u gotta pack a decent amount to be able to get those big effective hits.

Anyone tried it with loose keif and had good results?

I've been packing down the bowls tight.

you probably should not be packing the bowls tight, pack them looser for best air flow. :chill:

freaktown,
Reactions: djchexxx

djchexxx

you probably should not be packing the bowls tight, pack them looser for best air flow. :chill:
This! I never have issues putting 0.05 in the bowl with great results and vapor lasts the whole 5min session. I just pour in the bud and turn it on. Still extracts evenly

edit: I want to add a tip for everyone. If you think air flow is tight replace the stock screen with a 1/2in screen. Makes air flow less restricted. I noticed with the stock screen the holes are pretty big and some particles can get through the holes. Make sure that when you replace it you take some scissors and cut one side off so that when you want to take it out to clean it or replace it, you can just take the poker tool and pull it off with that. If you don't cut one side I don't think you'll be able to take it out. When I put it in, I tamp it down with a pen with the cap on it. The screen fits snug and doesn't move around.

OUDmsZb.jpg

VbGmGWs.jpg

FZgWW81.jpg

Last edited:

Eatrocks

Wow my mouthpiece screen is totally clogged...i wiped it with iso last night and 4 bowls later it's filled with rez.

Bowl this morning was very strong, micro sized. Seems like diff strains vape diff.

I like the tight pack cause I don't want the material flying up and down the chamber, ill see if it makes a difference.

Eatrocks,

subway13029

@Eatrocks most of us have replaced the mp screen with an arizer basket screen to help airflow and I have replaced the bottom chamber screen with a dome screen to once again improve airflow..you should have minimal,clogging with this setup.

Eatrocks

@Eatrocks most of us have replaced the mp screen with an arizer basket screen to help airflow and I have replaced the bottom chamber screen with a dome screen to once again improve airflow..you should have minimal,clogging with this setup.

How do u take out the factory screen?

I checked and the dome screens and basket screens look identical, like a top hat. Do the dome screens have rim u need to cut?

The factory screen looks like it can do the job fine..but better airflow means more efficient hits.

Eatrocks,

YungLeaner

Hey, guys @Likes2vape and whoever else--any tips for making the Boundless smell less when the unit is off and empty? It seems to reek up my room despite having nothing but a few crumbs of avb inside of it. Would love some advice for lessening this issue. Do ISO baths for the MP/top work well for scent?

YungLeaner,

subway13029

@Eatrocks the dome screen doesnt have the lip on it..its basically a regular screen formed in the shape of a dome..to tqke the stock chamber screen i just stuck the dab tool in to the bottom and pushed down and wedged it up..it will come out..and the arizer basket screen i just sit it down on top of the load..and make sure to take out the metal screen in the mp with the tiny holes that clog up fast..this improves the airflow..

subway13029,
Reactions: vapen00b

sokesleezy

VAS DAY
Arriving today 420 (my mom's b-day), Boundless CF (love the simplicity and stealth of the little guy). This will make a great out and about vape, hoping performance is up the standard I'm used to, but from what I've read, it is.

To kill smellyness, i use heavy duty zipper bags I found at ACE hardware (under $10). They are like a heavy duty canvas pencil case in various sizes, I've got 1/2 a dozen.

Ive been looking for some good zipper bags(smell proof). Thanks for the info.

sokesleezy,

Mr. Me2

Hey, guys @Likes2vape and whoever else--any tips for making the Boundless smell less when the unit is off and empty? It seems to reek up my room despite having nothing but a few crumbs of avb inside of it. Would love some advice for lessening this issue. Do ISO baths for the MP/top work well for scent?
You can get a smell proof case. I suggest RYOT and Vatra.

Mr. Me2,

Eatrocks

Looks like the cfx 2.0 will have the heater placed at the bottom to keep the chamber cool for true convection.

Confirmed with boundless after I thought I could be an improvement, so obvious.

stickstones

Vapor concierge

It probably the mouthpiece. clean that thing and see if it improves

stickstones,

Boundless Vape Technology

Manufacturer
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to chime in on the 2.0 talk. We are for sure coming out with a full convection vaporizer. It likely wont be out until toward the end of this year (xmas gifts haha) and it wont be the CFX 2.0 it will be called something else. But along the CF line.

We will keep you guys updated once we get closer to the prototyping stage.

djchexxx

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to chime in on the 2.0 talk. We are for sure coming out with a full convection vaporizer. It likely wont be out until toward the end of this year (xmas gifts haha) and it wont be the CFX 2.0 it will be called something else. But along the CF line.

We will keep you guys updated once we get closer to the prototyping stage.
I feel a tingling in my pants. Is this normal? :lol:

Seriously though, you guys rock! :rockon: Can't wait to hear more info about it once you guys get to developing/testing!

djchexxx,
Reactions: vapen00b
Top Bottom