Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

SpudBob

Also Eric, as long as your on here. Im new to the Boundless family but there have been some bumps along the way. I bought the CF, should have got the CFX I guess, and have already had to return it once to Puffitup for exchange only to have the new unit do the same thing.Only had it a couple weeks! The thing will not fully charge to 5 blue lights. Just like the first one 4 blues is it-even if you unplug/replug till the light goes green again. Its not an isolated issue either as others have posted re: this.I want to be satisfied with the Cf but this is problematic at best. I guess I should have got the CFX???

SpudBob,

Boundless Vape Technology

Manufacturer
Also Eric, as long as your on here. Im new to the Boundless family but there have been some bumps along the way. I bought the CF, should have got the CFX I guess, and have already had to return it once to Puffitup for exchange only to have the new unit do the same thing.Only had it a couple weeks! The thing will not fully charge to 5 blue lights. Just like the first one 4 blues is it-even if you unplug/replug till the light goes green again. Its not an isolated issue either as others have posted re: this.I want to be satisfied with the Cf but this is problematic at best. I guess I should have got the CFX???

Thanks for the question. In regards to the battery indicator, we have seen the issue you have mentioned and have since relayed this to our manufacturer Smiss. Just as the CFX, the programming of the battery indicator on the CF reads a live reading of the battery so if you are checking the battery while the unit is heating up it may show 4 blinking LEDs due to the power being drained while the unit is heating. I have seen the 5 leds flash after letting the CF heat up to temp and then checking the battery level. This occurs with the CFX as well. You may start the unit right off the charger at full battery but it will show that some battery is missing unit the unit is at the set temp and the battery is not being drained due to the heat up. I personally am not a fan of the live reading and we have expressed this in the design of our new units.
May I ask how many sessions you are getting on a full charge? If you feel that your unit is not up to standard please email me at Eric@bndlstech.com and I'll do my best to help out.

Boundless Vape Technology,

SpudBob

Eric, I don't run it down all the way as Ive heard this is not good for Li-ion batteries. So I would say I get 4-5 sessions on a charge until its down to 2 blues. I don't see how anyone could get 10 5 minute sessions off the CF. Both I've had were, about the same. Other than that Ive been satisfied with the unit. A little less draw resistance would be nice. Also I do take the battery reading right after taking it off the charger. So the only power being used is the 5-6 seconds on as I check it. It would be nice if the blues could be programed to display while you are charging it!!!

Last edited:
SpudBob,

SpudBob

It's not an issue. I can't believe you did an return due to the battery indicator! That's nuts man ... the vape works as designed. You just won't get 10 5 minute sessions from a full charge IMO. Your expectations are too high bro.
I just want the thing to work as advertised! They are not my expectations but the advertised info that is part of Boundless's info. If you bought a car that was supposed to get 40mpg. and it was getting 20mpg you'd be pissed! The return took 4 days roundtrip and puffitup paid for the ride. They sent me a new sealed unit. They only asked for the powerhead back too. They are doing me right. I just wish the power indicators were accurate.

SpudBob,
Reactions: Summer

subway13029

I just want the thing to work as advertised! They are not my expectations but the advertised info that is part of Boundless's info. If you bought a car that was supposed to get 40mpg. and it was getting 20mpg you'd be pissed! The return took 4 days roundtrip and puffitup paid for the ride. They sent me a new sealed unit. They only asked for the powerhead back too. They are doing me right. I just wish the power indicators were accurate.
the thing is with these batteries and vapes.they all give a unrealistic amount of "vaping time" on a given charge. there are alot of.variables when it comes to batteries but honestly with my cf i would get quite a few sessions once the battery goes down to two and even 1 light. so you stopping at 2 lights and you have no clue how many sessions you will get..im willing to bet you will get a good amount and about as good or better than many vapes on the market...especially at this price point. your expectation might be a tat unrealistic. especially considering the vapes works and just wont register a full charge. but i keep going back to you stopping at 2 lights , so you dont know what you actually have...and you already returned 1.

Likes2vape

Both my cf and cfx only give me 5 1/2 sessions on a full charge. I vape at max temperature so I'm sure that has something to do with it. If I were to stay at a lower temp I could probably get 10 sessions out of it but then I wouldn't be satisfied with the cloud production.

SpudBob

the thing is with these batteries and vapes.they all give a unrealistic amount of "vaping time" on a given charge. there are alot of.variables when it comes to batteries but honestly with my cf i would get quite a few sessions once the battery goes down to two and even 1 light. so you stopping at 2 lights and you have no clue how many sessions you will get..im willing to bet you will get a good amount and about as good or better than many vapes on the market...especially at this price point. your expectation might be a tat unrealistic. especially considering the vapes works and just wont register a full charge. but i keep going back to you stopping at 2 lights , so you dont know what you actually have...and you already returned 1.
From everything I have read its not, really, good to deep cycle Li-ion batteries if you can help it. So I try and recharge whenever it gets down to 25-30%. Anyway Im committed to this Vape. Like you I do believe its a lot of bang for the buck!

SpudBob,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
You are correct in theory about the deep discharge, but what you fail to realize is that your device already contains a battery management system (BMS) that takes that aspect into account *to some extent*.

What I mean is that when your device will say it's fully drained, your cells won't be at a resting voltage of 2.5V. I don't have a specific figure but it might likely cut somewhere between 3V and 3.3V. So it might not be exactly the 80% discharge point but it will not be 100% that's for sure.

So do drain it more, have no fear. I also babysit my pricey cells that I use for RC stuff, but for 18650's that cost under $5 a piece I just don't care. Besides if you were to really follow all recommendations, you would be charging only to 80% and discharging only to 20%, giving you a safe range of 60%... nobody does that, it's just a PITA and not worth it.

For the battery gauge issue, it's a notoriously hard to tackle problem. Even ready-made IC's give very mixed results to say the least. I also dislike the way it's implemented in these vapes but you'll get used to it. Just read the value when the heater is disengaged (long 5 second button press when it's turned on)

Lastly, are you using an external brick charger or a USB port? I measured current draws upwards of 0.9A on my USB port when charging my SwiftPro (equivalent to CFV) Several users reported that their device seemed to never reach full charge on the meter unless they used a dedicated charger. USB2 ports are rated 0.5A max usually, these devices are pushing them too far.

Mgmario

Why turn it off after 1 or 2 draws?:hmm:
Doesn't the CFV use those rings to add a touch of conduction to a convention vape?
So to add a touch of convection to the cf, the slight air cushion between the wall of the bowl and an ELB is the way to go.
i try to switch it off to prevent from over heat but after some test i found that for me the best way to use cf is to heat in level 3 and slowly rise to 4 (i dont use max temp often)

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
i try to switch it off to prevent from over heat but after some test i found that for me the best way to use cf is to heat in level 3 and slowly rise to 4 (i dont use max temp often)
Yea, that's how I do it, start on 3 for start then step up to 4 when things are rolling.
To prevent unneeded heating of the load, the elb's are an easy way to get the heat off the load. I can pull the mouth piece off and the elb stays on and is out of the heat chamber.

wJxmN4y.jpg

Manufacturer
Hey everyone, in honor of it being Friday we are going to be giving away a bunch of units on today's stream -

YouTube Link:

We were thinking of giving away between 5-8 units during the stream. You can enter the giveaway here: http://gimmyit.com/giveaway/friday-extreme-giveaway-edition/

Hope you can join us today at 4:00PM PST Thanks for all the support!

hillbill

Have tanks and ELBs and find tanks easier to deal with and provide great even browning. Like both but tanks a bit better. They keep the vape itself very nice.

hillbill,

grokit

well-worn member
My cfx is still like new, because I never took off the plastic from the screen and I've only used it with elb's from day one. I start at 420f and drop it to 410 as soon as it starts producing vapor this thing's a beast.

:tup::tup:

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
My cfx is still like new, because I never took off the plastic from the screen and I've only used elb's with it from day one. I start at 420f and drop it to 400 as soon as it starts producing vapor this thing's a beast.

:tup::tup:
I too have only used ELBs on my unit, although I have passed an easy half dozen CFX units to patients in need... in my local area. These patients have not used ELBs, and have all found the units to be rfficient... and a favorite of units tried on the path to the "Vapor Trail"!
P.S.:
My unit still has the plastic on the screen..... as does my year old Volcano... and the 3 Volcanos that preceded it (all sent to Hospices).
I also am a "Plastic screen cover saver".
Good practice these days...... same as with a cellular phone!

Vitolo,
Reactions: grokit

SpudBob

Mines the same. The chamber looks new and the screen, with the saver on, too! I do find that with the ELB's you have to be a little more patient with the process and aggressive with the vape temp. I assume its doing a little more convecting, if that a word, because the ELB's insulate the herb more IMHO.

SpudBob,
Reactions: grokit

saturday

Hey all, just got my CF and I'm excited to use it. Not sure if this has been answered but I tried doing the screen mod with the Arizer extreme q screen pack and I'm wondering if I need to cut it down? Right now it fits like this (which is bigger than the modification video) but it doesn't seem like it should be too big of an issue? Would appreciate the help.

saturday,

grokit

well-worn member
Hey all, just got my CF and I'm excited to use it. Not sure if this has been answered but I tried doing the screen mod with the Arizer extreme q screen pack and I'm wondering if I need to cut it down? Right now it fits like this (which is bigger than the modification video) but it doesn't seem like it should be too big of an issue? Would appreciate the help.
As long as it stays in place during use it's good. Close her up and let her rip!

:tup:

grokit,
Reactions: saturday

Manufacturer
Hey guys hope all is well, we are holding a giveaway to become a beta tester for the Tera, one of the new Boundless units that will be released in the fall. Sign up for an exclusive chance to test the unit before the production run is released. More information regarding the unit will be released at Champs Trade Show in Las Vegas July 18th-20th. Boundless Technology will be at booth 3086, hope to see some of you there.

Giveaway link: http://gimmyit.com/giveaway/beta-testing-the-tera-vape/

Huge sale going on this week: 25% off all units at bndlstech.com

Please if there are any questions feel free to email Eric@bndlstech.com. Thanks for the support!

Top Bottom