Best glass in the world? IE, money-is-no-object Glass

TheRamblingSoul

I was looking at the cheap inexpensive bubbler thread and I had a thought: Why not do a 180 and have a thread all about the absolute best glass on the planet?

I'm not really thinking about *expensive* glass for expensiveness' sake (eg a $20k bong that's completely covered in gold leaf) per se, but glass that's worth it's weight in gold many times over. Anywhere between the top-name brands like RooR, Illadelph, and Sovereignty glass to more obscure or indie-made glass on vendors such as ioffer and the like - we're talking about the Mecca of glass here!

That being said, what are some top-of-the-top-shelf glass you all have found, vaped/dabbed from, own, or otherwise fantasize over having?

Personally, my "fantasy" glass piece would be a Sovereignty Peyote Pillar.

vo98bsL.jpg

Beautiful. Just beautiful. And apparently some of the best flavor in the world can be found here. Oh, how I pine for thee... :mmmm:

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
This emoticon pretty much sums up where this thread is gonna go people, apply drool shields to any keyboards in the vicinity before venturing forth.

Just saw this vid in the leviathan thread, good lord do I want it...
Lattice A/C, to triple lattice, to oversize circ, to circ, with splash guard and ice pinches :whoa:
And knowing lev, its all 7-9mm glass :freak:

And speaking of sovereignty, the hornet recycler looks :mmmm:

Last edited:

bassplayer

that's a hard question - my current votes for more of the scientific glass would be Mothership and Sovereignty - heady stuff is anyones guess since it's so personal (though you can certainly think of Mothership clear pieces as heady as well)

bassplayer,

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
I am surprised sovereignty is up there. I never would have thought :) Guess its location :)

Not sure how to answer the question because not sure on the criteria - looks, function, taste, etc?
I have seen pieces that are worth upwards of $15K and have 8 perc's of all difference types, fully changeable and reconfigurable. With built in freezer section. Looks nice, functions awesome, but it wouldn't be my dream piece...

Glass pipes are more than just function to me so for me, its beyond just taste and function. Its functional art - a blend of both, so to stay pure scientific there is no dream piece for me. They all fall at best 50% there... Yen w/o yang

I have several Motherships, they are not heady and I wouldn't put this that high on functionality Well built, solid pieces with laser etching in the perc's, but not my dream piece for sure.

So for me its a recycler - twin counter rotating whirlpools and fully worked. Don't have a shot though - only of a small mini version. Its done by RAD glass and a brand new design. Its about a month away :)

Last edited:
Once you've completely abandoned traditional smoking, you realize most current methods of inhalation really tend to suffer when consumed through too many percs. The process of vaporizing is inherently more selective, besides cooling and moisturizing I don't think a vape specific piece really needs to add filtration.

So in relation to the OP's question, it's a bit of a paradox for me. The most well regarded and expensive functional glass is all about the complicated and intricate percs that I find largely unnecessary. :shrug:

I guess I'd get one of those Hamm twisted sputniks or something.

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
I would love to have one of Hamm Waterworks pieces.. Any of them would suffice for me.

ILoveCollege,
Reactions: Tweek

Tweek

The only glass I would ever spend alot of money on, is one of Hamm's pieces. I just love how they look and function...I would be proud to display one openly.

Other than that, I am not really into spending alot of cash on glass...I am too clumsy, and could not bare to see a $500+ piece shatter before my eyes.

BranFlakes188

I could never justify spending more than a couple hundred dollars on glass at any one time. It breaks easily and stoners aren't know for their coordination or cat-like reflexes. It'd suck if I broke any of my current glass, but I wouldn't have to change any formal asset declarations.

BranFlakes188,
Reactions: Tom Funk

PhotoRider

I could never justify spending more than a couple hundred dollars on glass at any one time. It breaks easily and stoners aren't know for their coordination or cat-like reflexes. It'd suck if I broke any of my current glass, but I wouldn't have to change any formal asset declarations.
So you wouldn't buy an expensive car either right? cause someone may hit it. Own many more pipes in my life than autos and only broke one pipe, but several times someone hit my vehicle. In fact my brand new Tacoma was hit in a grocery parking lot while I was in the store before I even got home, less than 25 miles on it....

So why spend more that $200 on an auto then because it going to get broke because there are stoners driving the streets. :D

BranFlakes188

So you wouldn't buy an expensive car either right? cause someone may hit it. Own many more pipes in my life than autos and only broke one pipe, but several times someone hit my vehicle. In fact my brand new Tacoma was hit in a grocery parking lot while I was in the store before I even got home, less than 25 miles on it....

So why spend more that $200 on an auto then because it going to get broke because their are stoners driving the street. :D
Are you saying that my argument is to be frugal? If so I'm guilty as charged :) Greed is a problem at the heart of our culture. Why stop at a nice car? Why not two? Why not three and a summer home? Three summer homes and a castle in France?!?

I don't mean to barrage or dictate social criticism. It's all about balance. Just give me a decent showerhead bubbler and I'm good :)

All that being said, some of the pieces listed here are amazing and if money did not exist (as per the original question), I would be very glad to use any of them :D

BranFlakes188,

PhotoRider

Are you saying that my argument is to be frugal? If so I'm guilty as charged :) Greed is a problem at the heart of our culture. Why stop at a nice car? Why not two? Why not three and a summer home? Three summer homes and a castle in France?!?

I don't mean to barrage or dictate social criticism. It's all about balance. Just give me a decent showerhead bubbler and I'm good :)

All that being said, some of the pieces listed here are amazing and if money did not exist (as per the original question), I would be very glad to use any of them :D
That was opposite of my point. Didn't say buy many things.
All I did is apply the same logic to a different item which we seem to value and probably much more, an auto, AKA not doing to use my $$$ for that because there is high risk of loss... We have no issue going deep in debt for an auto which just moves us around. Same goes for a pipe, its just a tool to help you medicate, like a car which is transportation. Even though glass is much more fragile, not sure the risk is any more or in my history less - 40 years of both owning an auto and a pipe. BTW still have it. You can control the environment of the glass much more than the auto... :)

Not saying you are frugal, incorrect, wrong, right or I disagree with you. Simply commenting on our priorities as people and how we justify them. Simply put, I think you are saying you don't value glass that much that you will spend a lot on it. You are happy with a basic tool. I am sure there are areas that "value" changes and you may spend much more than the basic tool. That is 100% a personal choice and there is no right or wrong aka its an opinion and its your right to free thought. My boss spent all this money on his plane, but his car barely runs and is 25 years old. Why? cause he could are less about the car, but his plane - its his wife, lover and baby all in one.

That said the OP question was if money was no object - i.e. totally ignore it. It is not a consideration. Say everything was free and if you broke it, it would be magically replaced or fixed. What would you want as your go to pipe? No right or wrong answers to that question and I hope we all do not agree. We are not cattle and have different point of views. In fact I enjoy it and wouldn't have it any other way - it makes me re-think my opinion. Maybe I'm being closed minded and not open to information I was unaware of... I love exploring new things and learning new points of view.

PhotoRider,

BranFlakes188

I see your position much more clearly now. Sorry if I came off as argumentative. It probably isn't very healthy to interpret a thread about amazing glass craft as a political debate.

To show how sincere I am I'll add a great vid that I came across a while back. A really nice Robin Hood bubbler that's always tickled my fancy:

PhotoRider

I see your position much more clearly now. Sorry if I came off as argumentative. It probably isn't very healthy to interpret a thread about amazing glass craft as a political debate.

To show how sincere I am I'll add a great vid that I came across a while back. A really nice Robin Hood bubbler that's always tickled my fancy:

Its all good, no worries. Wasn't offended at all, just didn't want to do the same to you :)
For me its Glass (and maybe something shorter using similar letters :D) and my motorcycles. Care less about my truck as long as it runs and doesn't leak. Same with clothes, phone etc. We all have our priorites...

But a nicely done piece of art that performs exceptionally well - that gets my attention, even if I wouldn't buy it. I just admire it unless I was Bill Gates...

PhotoRider

I have a serious love for heady tubes full of millis
c06a207622e611e3bfa222000ae904e2_7.jpg

KJH_Glass on instagram
You are not alone there. love millis, the more complex the better :) The one thing about headies, is there are each unique in some way. Most pipes are, but the headies show it more since there is more work involved.

I also like matched sets. I one stop shop for a complete matching set of several pipes, one for each purpose and a dish, dabber and stands. Now that is a $$$ no object situation with true blower vision :)

PhotoRider,
Top Bottom